[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 2 of 2«12
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Have you ever dreamt about Summer?
Have you ever dreamt about Summer?
riversfeetDate: Monday, 16 Apr 2012, 18:23 | Message # 16
Group: Friends
Well, last night I dreamt I was on a date with Summer...
And we were walking through the LA streets holding hands, and stopping by stores. We stopped by a video game store at one point, and we found The Power Glove. She tried it on.
Later, we went to where she lived, and she lived in this bording house or something, and her mother was fighting with one of the neighbors. sad
Then we went inside, and for some reason Summer said she wanted to give me a pedicure, which I thought was weird.
And then a humming bird flew into the house. Don't ask me why on that one.

Anyway, while giving me a pedicure I told her this was just too weird, and Summer made a comment, "Don't worry, no one's gonna see your feet anyway besides me." And I joked, "Unless I work for Joss Whedon." and Summer nodded and grinned. And finally I asked Summer if she wanted to go to Disneyland, but she said she had to run. I woke up afterward.

One of my friends told me that maybe Summer was sending a message through my brain that she wanted to see MY feet for a change instead of me looking at her's all the time. Well, if Summer has that ability....

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

REGDate: Sunday, 29 Apr 2012, 10:32 | Message # 17
Quote (NoPowerInTheVerse)
Her change from a ballerina who is so humble and shy to this amazing Actress who we love so well and is still her shy and humble self is amazing, Its inspiring. I love watching her interviews and seeing her being awkward because it just shows how down to earth and normal she is. You know on one hand shes this Kick Ass amazing actress and on the other she's a sensitive, shy and often nervous person which is what makes her so relatable smile I could go on and on about her awesomeness but i'll stop here ahaha

you have put into words exactly why i relate to her. and why my favorite character on Firefly/Serenity is River. she is the outcast of the group and i have often been the outcast throughout my life. it is why i like her and that i am a fan of her and the characters she has portrayed.
also in many ways she has helped me to become the person i am today. i am still a shy person and i am very conservative around people. much like Summer is in some ways, (from what i have seen on her interviews and the way she conducts herself, mannerisms for example). i have come out of my "shell" a lot over the last 10-15 years. and it is because of Summer. i have often thought to myself, if a shy and humble person like her can do great and amazing things than so can i. smile

Quote (riversfeet)
Then Mal comes along and stands there and makes jokes about River being caught before he finally frees her. River responds by beating Mal up, and Mal said something like, "If I'd known you were gonna beat the crap outta me, I'd have left you there!" And River says, "That's no fun!"

lol! i could just imagine!

interesting story riversfeet. and quite weird too lol.
i am sad to say i haven't had any dreams about Summer yet. though i don't really dream (or very rarely), since i have insomnia and i am not asleep long enough to be able to dream.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Sunday, 29 Apr 2012, 10:44

Fox012Date: Sunday, 29 Apr 2012, 14:57 | Message # 18
Group: Administrators
I dream often of Summer but it's X-rated so I'm not telling.... biggrin

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Message edited by Fox012 - Sunday, 29 Apr 2012, 14:58

REGDate: Friday, 18 May 2012, 02:20 | Message # 19
i had a dream about Summer last night that i just remembered. i was at a con. i was walking with someone i don't know who but i think maybe my brother or another convention attendee. this person waved at her and she waved back at them. then i waved at her too and she waved back at me and she also smiled, the warmest smile you could imagine. i had a huge smile on my face as this happened. that is all i remember. i think that i am in love as i have never dreamed of a girl before. i know it is due to my insomnia but i think that she really had an effect on me as she has entered my subconscious. which is fine by me biggrin

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Friday, 18 May 2012, 15:18

RA-TheRuggedManDate: Tuesday, 29 Oct 2013, 03:26 | Message # 20
I do quite a bit! Sometimes there very mundane dreams others well..... nuff said lol!
I must admit i do daydream about her a fair amount! lol 8 hours a day behind the wheel you gotta keep yourself occupied when your stuck in traffic!

The Most Beautiful Woman In The World!

MattMDate: Tuesday, 29 Oct 2013, 23:53 | Message # 21
I have had several dreams relating to Summer before, but here are two that stick out for me:

The first dream occurred about a week after meeting Summer at Philadelphia Comic Con. The dream starts with me meeting her in a park area on a cloudy day; she was wearing a white dress and white shoes when I met up with her. I do recall reading on a website on dream interpretations that seeing a woman in a white dress means I see her as angelic and pure (which is what I really think of Summer in all honesty) At some point, it begins to rain and I rush to my car to get an umbrella. As I hold the umbrella above her, she turns to me with a smile and says, "Thank you." I replied, "You're welcome," and smiled back at her. After a while, for some reason, she decided to leave. And I couldn't shake a feeling of anxiety after she left.

The second dream occurred to me recently. I was doing some production work at a studio set (I have taken a class in Theatre Production when I was at university) and I was walking down one of the hallways of the studio to find something to do. It was there I crossed paths with Summer, who was wearing a white dress yet again. However, this dress was long enough to touch the ground (perhaps it was a wedding gown). When I saw her, I immediately smiled and waved hi. She did the same almost immediately. Then we stopped and made some small talk. When I couldn't think of anything else to say, I felt that I was holding her up and we awkwardly departed. When I saw her face before we went our separate ways, I believed that she looked like she wanted to keep the conversation going but couldn't think of anything else to say as well.

Message edited by MattM - Monday, 18 Nov 2013, 22:00

PurpleHayesDate: Tuesday, 18 Mar 2014, 20:12 | Message # 22
I had a dream last night that I was attending a signing session for Summer in London and it was outdoors for some reason. there were 2 lines one was for signing and the other was for photos. It was on this big plaza outside a convention centre or something and there were roads on 3 sides with some kind of motorsports event taking place at the same time on these nearby roads. I was queuing up in the signing line but when I got to the front Summer said the other line was too long and she had to go over there to get through some photo opportunities. She was nice and polite and smiling about it and I was like 'hey do whatever you need' so she did and I didn't mind too much because I realised I'd left my pictures for signing at my hotel across town so I went to get them kind of in a rush because I knew I'd have only a short time to get them and get back before the whole event was over.

When I got back to my hotel the receptionist was being kind of suspicious but gave me my room key back anyway so I went up to my room only to find that the CIA were there tearing through my cases of belongings! I grabbed my picture and ran away and they chased me around the block a couple of times but I got away and back to the signing event. When I got there I saw the lines of people had gone and Summer was getting into a silver sports car to leave and as the car passed me I saw it was being driven by her boyfriend. I stood there for a minute with my unsigned picture feeling pretty disappointed when suddenly all of the cars in the motorsports race started crashing in a huge pile-up which was all around me.

I looked back to the Silver car with summer and her bf in it and he had seen what was happening so he pulled some crazy driver stunts to get away - you know like trained security drivers escaping from an attack on a diplomatic vehicle or something like you see on tv. so I watched as they sped away from the danger then turned around to see more cars crashing and flipping insanely and I was about to be flattened by a flying ASDA/WALMART delivery van when I remembered that I could fly, so I jumped up and dodged the van and it tossed a load of beer and crisps into the air as it cartwheeled into other cars so I snatched a lot of those up as I floated in the air above the carnage and had a mid-air snack.

I don't remember a great deal of what happened after that but I think I went back to my hotel and there was more running from the CIA until my brother helped me to lose them somehow, so in the end I got away unharmed and so did Summer, but the motorsports event was a complete disaster, and I never managed to get my pictures signed but still got to meet her briefly. Happy ending? erm, bit too weird a dream to apply those kind of conventions I think. wacko

Message edited by PurpleHayes - Tuesday, 18 Mar 2014, 20:13

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 19 Mar 2014, 18:39 | Message # 23
Group: Administrators
Quote PurpleHayes ()
Happy ending? erm, bit too weird a dream to apply those kind of conventions I think.

You would not be a fan of Summer Glau if you hadn't some sort of superhero complex. I often dream I'm a succesfull blogger and I save bored fans from the monotony of daily life wink

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

MattMDate: Wednesday, 19 Mar 2014, 20:17 | Message # 24
...I never managed to get my pictures signed but still got to meet her briefly. Happy ending?

Maybe it's one of those "To be continued..." kind of deals.

Message edited by MattM - Wednesday, 19 Mar 2014, 20:18

PurpleHayesDate: Thursday, 20 Mar 2014, 02:34 | Message # 25
Quote chrisdvanne ()
You would not be a fan of Summer Glau if you hadn't some sort of superhero complex. I often dream I'm a succesfull blogger and I save bored fans from the monotony of daily life
Hmm that's an interesting hypothesis you've put forward worthy of further contemplation, perhaps I shall have to visit a professional for deeper analysis of my grandiose self image and possible dream interpretation, it's such a shame Dr. Boyd Sherman is no longer with us as I've heard he was 'a real miracle worker'. Your own dreams are not so far from reality as I can confirm you have done much heroic work to alleviate my own boredom at times with your blogging! happy

Quote MattM ()
Maybe it's one of those "To be continued..." kind of deals.
I sure hope so! I'm excited for the next episode! tongue Because I am going spare waiting weeks at a time for the next instalment of Arrow don't you agree?

ThierryDate: Saturday, 22 Mar 2014, 12:39 | Message # 26
It is interesting to read the threads posted about dreams :

- First, because it is something personal, and it is always difficult to talk about this. So this is a question of trust, to describe dreams on an internet forum. All the described dreams have two common points. Either it is about a meeting with Summer as a "normal" person, who exist in real life, or it is about to play a part in the tv shows/movies she played in.  In short, an encounter in real life or in a role play.

- Dreams are a double mystery : everyone knows it is a translation of subconscious, but a translation which occurs with no control. It means that dreams about something precise don't come in a wanted way. Dreams may be very short if we look carefully at a polysomnography (neurological analysis of sleep), but they may be perceived as longer than in reality. Another mystery is about memories of dreams : how can we remember dreams we made sometimes years ago ? There are scientific explainations for this, you can contact me by PM if you are interested in further information).  

- Clearly, the dreams about Summer described above are important for all of you. Maybe it is because of all the imagination about meeting Summer in real life, or to be a part of the movies/tv shows she played in (especially Firefly and TSCC). We all know why : the impact of these works is strong on the mind, and they are doors for the world of imagination… which can become reality by closing the eyes.

- Personally, I don't remember if I have ever dreamt of her. It is maybe my sleep is especially studied for some years now by neurologists wink and because sleep study is one of my interests. Even if dreaming of Summer is not (only) a neurological issue, but also poetry wink

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

MattMDate: Tuesday, 29 Apr 2014, 21:48 | Message # 27
I have had a dream featuring Summer recently.

In the dream, I was waiting in a long line to meet her at Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con. There were several time lapses showing the line getting progressively shorter, until it was finally my turn to meet her. Unlike what happened with my actual meeting with her last year, I decided to get an autograph from her; I wanted her to sign a photo that I brought along (it was the portion that featured only her in our actual photo together). I checked my pockets, but I couldn't find it!

I began to panic and tried to select one of the photos provided at her booth, but I couldn't decide which one I wanted her to sign. Although she kindly waited for me to make a choice, I looked around at the other people waiting to meet her and the convention volunteers; they were all giving me dirty looks that showed their impatience for my indecisiveness. But before I could make a choice, the dream ended.

Will it be continued? I don't know. Guess I'll find out the next time I drift off into a dream...

Message edited by MattM - Saturday, 03 May 2014, 20:10

ValdezEdiDate: Thursday, 19 Nov 2015, 07:13 | Message # 28
Group: Users
hmm. I dreamed of mountains and heaven last night

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Have you ever dreamt about Summer?
Page 2 of 2«12
Search: