menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » "I Get That a Lot" (Think Summer could be on this show?)
"I Get That a Lot"
riversfeetDate: Thursday, 05 Jan 2012, 08:21 | Message # 1
Group: Friends
For those who don't know, "I Get That A Lot" is a Candid Camera-style show that occasionally airs on CBS. It's where celebrities pose as random people, like a store clerk or something. People come in and get confused and are like, "You look like such and such", and said celebrity will say things like, "I get that alot".

I was watching an episode tonight and was thinking, I wonder if Summer would be mainstream enough to be on this show. Like if Summer posed as maybe a pizza place employee or salesperson, how much would she be recognized. It would be cool if she was on.

I wish there was an easy way to contact her. Maybe it's something I can ask her at Emerald City.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 05 Jan 2012, 13:28 | Message # 2
Group: Administrators
Ha, Ha funny concept!
But do they really make a show out of this, i guess it's a 20 minutes program is it?

TBH, i don't think Summer is mainstream enough to do that kind of show; taking a peek at the list of previous guest should give an indication smile

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

riversfeetDate: Thursday, 05 Jan 2012, 19:19 | Message # 3
Quote (chrisdvanne)
But do they really make a show out of this, i guess it's a 20 minutes program is it?

It's about 40 minutes. They use about 5 different celebs each episode.

If they do decide to use Summer, hopefully they shoot somewhere in Tacoma, and it's at a store I go to frequently, tongue

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

AlexDate: Thursday, 05 Jan 2012, 20:16 | Message # 4
Group: Bloggers
Judging from how often I see Twitter posts that say someone saw Summer Glau or someone who looks just like her, I think there may be something to this. I think you have something here. I wonder if she should wear one of her costumes?

Another program that might be interesting for her is the new celebrity cook off hosted by Rachel Ray and the host of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Competing teams of celebrities, each headed by one of the hosts, compete. I think Summer Glau likes to cook from what I have read.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

BlaziusDate: Friday, 06 Jan 2012, 03:52 | Message # 5
Quote (Alex)
Another program that might be interesting for her is the new celebrity cook off hosted by Rachel Ray and the host of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Competing teams of celebrities, each headed by one of the hosts, compete. I think Summer Glau likes to cook from what I have read.

I think the cooking show is the best idea. Those are always fun both for the audience and the celebrity and Summer likes to cook as you said. I think she'd enjoy it more than a talk show for example.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

AlexDate: Friday, 06 Jan 2012, 15:26 | Message # 6
Group: Bloggers
Too true. I get the sense from listening to her in commentaries, in interviews, and from that one talk show that I have seen (Carson Daly?) that she tends to defer to others (Dekker, Friedman, Lynch, and so on) and that she is not so comfortable talking about herself. She also prefers to do rather than to talk. A cook show such as this one where there is an element of playful competition could be fun for her and entertaining for us.

I get the sense, not to pry into her personal life, that she has a very well developed sense of humour that is maybe a bit oddball too (which is good). It would be really entertaining to see this come out in this type of show. I note in interviews (especially during TSCC and later) that she tends to anticipate questions and oftentimes has a rather mischievous look on her very expressive face. There is a lot going on behind that face and a show such as this might reveal a bit more of what she is thinking.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 06 Jan 2012, 16:08 | Message # 7
Group: Administrators
I have watched Heidi's Klum "I got that a lot" video and this is definitively not the type of program for Summer Glau; Heidi Klum was almost alone as a pizza girl and managed to carry the show on her shoulder but i don't think it would work with Summer.
Indeed an ensemble cast would fit better.

If one wants to have an example of the "very expressive face" quoted by Alex, take a look at Summer on stage during Dragon Con 2006 :

click on images for bigger size
Dragon Con Dragon Con Dragon Con Dragon Con

Summer Glau at Dragon Con 2006 on the gallery.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Friday, 06 Jan 2012, 20:03 | Message # 8
Quote (Alex)
I get the sense, not to pry into her personal life, that she has a very well developed sense of humour that is maybe a bit oddball too (which is good). It would be really entertaining to see this come out in this type of show. I note in interviews (especially during TSCC and later) that she tends to anticipate questions and oftentimes has a rather mischievous look on her very expressive face. There is a lot going on behind that face and a show such as this might reveal a bit more of what she is thinking.

Thats exactly my observation too. Its no wonder she is such a phenomenal actress. Everything which is truly required by that art comes naturally to her. Its in her blood. Her real life interactions are proving it beautifully.

I also think too that despite her role selection she is a very funny girl in reality.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

REGDate: Monday, 30 Apr 2012, 08:26 | Message # 9
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I have watched Heidi's Klum "I got that a lot" video and this is definitively not the type of program for Summer Glau; Heidi Klum was almost alone as a pizza girl and managed to carry the show on her shoulder but i don't think it would work with Summer.
Indeed an ensemble cast would fit better.

i agree with this. i don't see Summer being drawn to this type of show.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » "I Get That a Lot" (Think Summer could be on this show?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: