[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 3 of 10«12345910»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Summer Glau's impact on the Geek Culture (As seen on articles and blogposts)
Summer Glau's impact on the Geek Culture
FordStaffDate: Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 02:08 | Message # 31
Group: Friends

The guy says BS. River is not a simple human. She is a mind reader genius who is possibly a precog too.

You have seen Summer's arms though, I can see how it is very questionable when she punches large men with good effect. That is not to say River could not win fights, but it would not be by punching her way out. There was no suggestion at any point that the alliance actually improved her muscles and bones, all the mind reading and intelligence in the world doesn't help you punch harder. The Reaver fight is far more believable since she has actual weapons.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 02:29 | Message # 32
Quote (FordStaff)
You have seen Summer's arms though, I can see how it is very questionable when she punches large men with good effect. That is not to say River could not win fights, but it would not be by punching her way out. There was no suggestion at any point that the alliance actually improved her muscles and bones, all the mind reading and intelligence in the world doesn't help you punch harder. The Reaver fight is far more believable since she has actual weapons.

We don't know what the "conditioning for combat" covered exactly, do we?

And we saw in the movie that River punched large men with ease. Ergo the Alliance found a way to enhance her muscles and bones too or which is more likely( but I've covered this on the thread I linked already) that River actually uses a small measure of telekinesis to create barriers around her limbs to make her punches harder.

I don't like when people are nitpicking a sci-fi series which is all about fantastical things anyway.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

FordStaffDate: Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 03:12 | Message # 33
We don't know what the "conditioning for combat" covered exactly, do we?

The conditioning was the programming of her brain with the capability to use waif-fu. There are absolutely zero throw away lines suggesting River is actually stronger than a normal fit human, I think it is safe to assume that River is very strong for her size, but not superhuman merely very very in shape.

And we saw in the movie that River punched large men with ease. Ergo the Alliance found a way to enhance her muscles and bones too or which is more likely( but I've covered this on the thread I linked already) that River actually uses a small measure of telekinesis to create barriers around her limbs to make her punches harder.

Telekinesis is never suggested even slightly in the series or movie, this excuse would work if it was in the SW universe, but we are not. Telekinesis is a whole new level of softness than even mind reading, I doubt they would have gone there, not that they couldn't. It is just never suggested and the Firefly universe is one of the hardest of any television SF.

I think they just wanted the scene to be cool so River was going to punch some people due to the rule of cool. It should be noted that the problem is not that River can beat the shit out of big dudes, the problem is when she punches them to do so.

I don't like when people are nitpicking a sci-fi series which is all about fantastical things anyway.

It is just bad story telling when fantastical elements are not justified even in fantasy let alone Science Fiction. That does not mean you need a five page essay in the narrative, I was plenty satisfied with how River knew kung-fu, it fit the story points and was shown in the opening scene of Serenity. Sure it is not actually explained how the strange device is causing her to gain kung fu knowledge , but it does not have too, it just needs to be explained that it is doing so.

Message edited by FordStaff - Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 03:15

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 03:35 | Message # 34
Quote (FordStaff)
It is just bad story telling when fantastical elements are not justified even in fantasy let alone Science Fiction. That does not mean you need a five page essay in the narrative, I was plenty satisfied with how River knew kung-fu, it fit the story points and was shown in the opening scene of Serenity. Sure it is not actually explained how the strange device is causing her to gain kung fu knowledge , but it does not have too, it just needs to be explained that it is doing so.

But Rivers abilities weren't explained at all. Does that mean that Firefly and Serenity has bad storytelling?

Quote (FordStaff)
The conditioning was the programming of her brain with the capability to use waif-fu. There are absolutely zero throw away lines suggesting River is actually stronger than a normal fit human, I think it is safe to assume that River is very strong for her size, but not superhuman merely very very in shape.

I don't think so. If she was just programmed but they did nothing to her body then she wouldn't be even able to carry the swords or hold her own weight when she climbed the ceiling. So they either used the conventional way and took her to a gym in which case she should have big visible muscles or they enhanced her body artifically somehow. Or she uses telekinesis.

Why not? Precognition wasn't mentioned either yet in Out of Gas...

Also Fireflys hard sci-fi nature doesn't apply that much to River IMO( thats why she is OP for the 'verse).

FordStaffDate: Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 04:02 | Message # 35
r hold her own weight when she climbed the ceiling.

Summer actually did the ceiling cling for real, so that was actually possible.

But Rivers abilities weren't explained at all. Does that mean that Firefly and Serenity has bad storytelling?

Rivers abilities were explained by the experimentation at the Academy, also it could just be assumed to be a natural ability (something just happening is explanation enough, so long as it is mentioned). The part that would need explaining is exactly what her capabilities are mentally, but seeing as how the show ended so abruptly they did not have the time to do so. They gave glimpses with the "Objects in Space" episode though, and Serenity had more important things than giving a detailed explanation of her psychic powers, what we had was enough.

A better example of something with no explanation would be if during a fight in Serenity, Mal's arm opened up to reveal a robotic interior from which he launches a grenades at some reavers. After wards no body talks about it ever again. This would be the type of thing that is bad story telling, a very exaggerated version.

Also Fireflys hard sci-fi nature doesn't apply that much to River IMO( thats why she is OP for the 'verse).

Her psychics are not all that soft, the only absolutely confirmed thing is that she can read minds to a limited degree. That is very very weak compared to psychics of other SF. Even Isaac Asimov's psychics could prance in circles around River (and she would not even know it happened), and Asimov is a pretty hard SF writer in general.

River really is not even that overpowered in the verse compared to some other fictional characters, she may be the single strongest force in the verse due to her intelligence and powers, but she could not really do all that much if the entire Alliance force was bearing down on her. The same could not be said of other fictional characters in different universes. Not dissing the character, River is awesome, but she is far from overpowered. (that is actually a good thing sometimes)

So they either used the conventional way and took her to a gym in which case she should have big visible muscles or they enhanced her body artifically somehow. Or she uses telekinesis.

They do not suggest any of these, but combat conditioning could really mean just about whatever they want. Telekinesis is absolutely out, if that was their explanation I would be pretty disappointed. I just assumed that combat conditioning was training her for combat, with combat skills that River could be proficient in while still having a very small body frame. Firearms and other weapons were clearly on the list, and likely these weapons were given priority. The kung-fu would have been for just in case situations, but it works really well anyways, probably because of her intelligence and mind reading which could help the combat significantly.

Message edited by FordStaff - Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 04:22

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 11 Dec 2011, 09:46 | Message # 36
Group: Administrators
Dailyblam had the opportunity to interview composer Bear McCreary, well-known among Summer Glau fans, on December 8th, 2011; he talks about The Walking Dead, Battlestar Galactica and Knights of Badassdom and more.

Composer Bear McCreary.

Dailyblam: You are scoring Knights of Badassdom, how is that coming along and what do you think fans will think of the highly anticipated flick? Do you have a theme song for Summer Glau now that you've scored a few of her projects (joking…but no, do you)?

Bear: KoB is a delightful project and I think fans are going to flip the eff out when they see it. It will be one of my most fun scores, both dark and cerebral and rockin' and adventurous. Oddly enough, I wrote a theme for Summer's character in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and a new theme for her in The Cape. Will she have a new theme in Knights of Badassdom? Fans will have to see the film to know the answer!

Source : Dailyblam
I'm not sure there is a specific Summer's theme in The Cape. Could someone give us more infos on the alledged Summer's themes in TSCC or The Cape?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Monday, 12 Dec 2011, 01:29 | Message # 37
Quote (FordStaff)
Her psychics are not all that soft, the only absolutely confirmed thing is that she can read minds to a limited degree. That is very very weak compared to psychics of other SF. Even Isaac Asimov's psychics could prance in circles around River (and she would not even know it happened), and Asimov is a pretty hard SF writer in general.

River really is not even that overpowered in the verse compared to some other fictional characters, she may be the single strongest force in the verse due to her intelligence and powers, but she could not really do all that much if the entire Alliance force was bearing down on her. The same could not be said of other fictional characters in different universes. Not dissing the character, River is awesome, but she is far from overpowered. (that is actually a good thing sometimes)

She could do certainly more than reading minds to a "limited degree". She actually did a deep scan on any stranger she encountered, discovering their most hidden secrets and even doing a quick personality analysis to the point that she could copy their personality. Hard readers are Babylon 5 territory more.

Asimov is hard writer but things are still massively scaled up compared to Firefly in his works so I guess Firefly scale most powerful characters wouldn't have cut it for him to be the most powerful.

Also the Reavers meant certain death for the entire crew including the armed to the bone Jayne and seasoned war veteran Zoe who even survived a devastating war. Yet River single handedly SLAUGHTERED them and they couldn't even touch her.

Also her vast intelligence in conjuction with at least limited precognition and powerful mind reading she is even more powerful meaning she can do better anything than anybody else ever. She'd make sure she'd never have to deal with a full scale Alliance attack. She could even create a massive conspiracy to bring down the Alliance in a way that Palpatines plan to make the Republic fall would seem a simple childs prank.

Maybe she is not the Q of Firefly but she is powerful enough to make the crew redundant and their fights and victories pointless. In Serenity she made just that. I personally don't have problems with OP characters but then they should always be presented with appropriate challenges .

Quote (FordStaff)
They do not suggest any of these, but combat conditioning could really mean just about whatever they want. Telekinesis is absolutely out, if that was their explanation I would be pretty disappointed. I just assumed that combat conditioning was training her for combat, with combat skills that River could be proficient in while still having a very small body frame. Firearms and other weapons were clearly on the list, and likely these weapons were given priority. The kung-fu would have been for just in case situations, but it works really well anyways, probably because of her intelligence and mind reading which could help the combat significantly.

If they'd do just that then I'd expect her to behave more like in Objects and she'd rather use intelligence, traps and schemes and only if she needs to strike she'd do fighting but in a hit-and-run fashion. She'd be a backstabbing assassin or more like a sniper instead(she'd make an excellent sniper obviously). However she instead goes toe to toe with an army of dedicated melee fighters and just slaughters them. So I don't buy that she wasn't designed to be a killing machine not unlike Cameron but instead from organic materials. Maybe she got some kind of vitamins or "Hulk" serum.

FordStaffDate: Monday, 12 Dec 2011, 02:40 | Message # 38
However she instead goes toe to toe with an army of dedicated melee fighters and just slaughters them. So I don't buy that she wasn't designed to be a killing machine not unlike Cameron but instead from organic materials.

That is not what I was suggesting, I merely meant that if you could program a killing machine, your not going to have them melee fighting when they could head-shot 3 dudes within a second. Melee programming would be only be just in case, but it seems the Alliance did not skimp on that with River. If River had a gun during a fight she would be filling up many graveyards. Even the Terminators who can one punch kill people used guns first.

She could do certainly more than reading minds to a "limited degree". She actually did a deep scan on any stranger she encountered, discovering their most hidden secrets and even doing a quick personality analysis to the point that she could copy their personality. Hard readers are Babylon 5 territory more.

I forget about Jubal Early, so I guess your right that she could actually "scan" people rather than just "read" them. I am not far into Babylon 5, so can not say much there.

Asimov is hard writer but things are still massively scaled up compared to Firefly in his works so I guess Firefly scale most powerful characters wouldn't have cut it for him to be the most powerful.

You could still be the most powerful character in a galaxy wide civilization as River, all that matters is what the capabilities of everyone else is. If everyone else is normal in a universe then River could still be the most powerful character, but she will have much less influence with that same power in the larger scaled universe - presumably. The reason Asimov's psychics are far more powerful than River is because they can influence minds directly. River could not make someone kill themselves with music, like the mule can.

Also her vast intelligence in conjuction with at least limited precognition and powerful mind reading she is even more powerful meaning she can do better anything than anybody else ever. She'd make sure she'd never have to deal with a full scale Alliance attack. She could even create a massive conspiracy to bring down the Alliance in a way that Palpatines plan to make the Republic fall would seem a simple childs prank.

This would be true if the entire Alliance did not have her face plastered all over the place, seeing as how she can not affect minds directly it would be difficult for her to do much of anything in the Firefly verse. She is in a screwed position, there is only so much she could do.

Message edited by FordStaff - Monday, 12 Dec 2011, 03:06

BlaziusDate: Monday, 12 Dec 2011, 03:11 | Message # 39
Quote (FordStaff)
This would be true if the entire Alliance did not have her face plastered all over the place, seeing as how she can not affect minds directly it would be difficult for her to do much of anything in the Firefly verse. She is in a screwed position, there is only so much she could do.

Its not like Palpatine was a shapeshifter himself. He was senator and later Suprame Chancellor of the whole Republic. So his face was just as well known as Rivers if not more. She'd use a hood obviously or a mask or a messenger. And a puppet for public meetings( if its a Browncoat operation then a Browncoat decoy) .
Seriously, with her intellect she'd work out any problems easily. The only problems I see is motivation and whether her consciousness allows her to be cruel which'd be necessary. I think that'd hinder her more than anything. But if ,for example Simon, convinces her to do something like this I don't see her fail in it especially if Simon is supporting her emotionally.

Quote (FordStaff)
You could still be the most powerful character in a galaxy wide civilization as River, all that matters is what the capabilities of everyone else is. If everyone else is normal in a universe then River could still be the most powerful character, but she will have much less influence with that same power in the larger scaled universe - presumably. The reason Asimov's psychics are far more powerful than River is because they can influence minds directly. River could not kill you with music, like the mule can.

But obviously there are no such beings in the Firefly universe. Also the 'verse is just one big star system in a relatively low tech civilization. River would be powerful even in a galaxy wide civilization with higher tech level. She seems OP in this low powered universe.

Also, what happens when she gets her hands on one of those Blue Sun psychic amplifiers? That'd be rather nasty for her enemies.

Quote (FordStaff)
That is not what I was suggesting, I merely meant that if you could program a killing machine, your not going to have them melee fighting when they could head-shot 3 dudes within a second. Melee programming would be only be just in case, but it seems the Alliance did not skimp on that with River. If River had a gun during a fight she would be filling up many graveyards. Even the Terminators who can one punch kill people used guns first.

Giving her army-defeating abilities in melee for "just in case" seems overkill to me. Especially if she does everything right(and she will certainly) then there will never be an army left to challenge her in melee.

Or its a "you can never know" principle?

FordStaffDate: Monday, 12 Dec 2011, 03:29 | Message # 40

Giving her army-defeating abilities in melee for "just in case" seems overkill to me. Especially if she does everything right(and she will certainly) then there will never be an army left to challenge her in melee.

Or its a "you can never know" principle?

It's more a very important and rare assets need protection principle.

Going the extra mile to make sure that River would be efficient in any situation is not farfetched if they have only a handful of psychics (and many of those are suggested to not survive the process). River is suggested to be the best of them all, so they would most certainly make sure she has the capability to defend herself even without any weapons at hand. All I am saying is if River needed to kill mounds of people, she could do so much better with guns than with a sword. It would be foolish if the Alliance gave her no capability of fighting without a weapons though, so thus she gets waif-fu.

Its not like Palpatine was a shapeshifter himself. He was senator and later Suprame Chancellor of the whole Republic. So his face was just as well known as Rivers if not more.

River's face is known for being a criminal, that is an entirely different situation than being a politician. It really depends on whether the Alliance truly gives up after the big damn movie on hunting down River, if that were the case she would have significantly larger degrees of freedom.

She'd use a hood obviously or a mask or a messenger.

This would not work, she needs at least some amount of range to use her psychic powers, without them she will be severely hindered in her manipulations.

Also, what happens when she gets her hands on one of those Blue Sun psychic amplifiers? That'd be rather nasty for her enemies.

I stated my beliefs about this weapon in the thread about River's powers (for a reminder I think it is used to mess up the brains so they cannot be read after the person dies) . Killing people is hardly a problem for River when she is in a fighting mood, so it would be unnecessary to use this weapon.

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 02:46 | Message # 41
Quote (FordStaff)
I stated my beliefs about this weapon in the thread about River's powers (for a reminder I think it is used to mess up the brains so they cannot be read after the person dies) . Killing people is hardly a problem for River when she is in a fighting mood, so it would be unnecessary to use this weapon.

We don't know how powerful the "hands of blue" guys are. But River is the most powerful presumably. Now if those guys are not even psychic or just a bit and they could do that with the cops then I think River whose effective range is almost planet wide in the most extreme cases( e.g feeling the dead people in "every city, every house ") with the amplifier she'd turn into a weapon of mass destruction easily. Or a mass mind scanner or something.

Also what if the amplifier has even bigger versions, like a huge tower which could broadcast her brainwaves into large distances.

Quote (FordStaff)
This would not work, she needs at least some amount of range to use her psychic powers, without them she will be severely hindered in her manipulations.

She could make a call from orbit from a hidden ship for example. Or she could even do the meetings personally. Its not like she has to fear from anything. Also she could use an amplifier to extend her effective range.

If I were River BTW then I'd take over the Blue Suns first and possibly an Alliance research facility after that. Their technology would be a huge advantage. They could produce several gadgets to River for example to make her even more powerful.

Quote (FordStaff)
River's face is known for being a criminal, that is an entirely different situation than being a politician. It really depends on whether the Alliance truly gives up after the big damn movie on hunting down River, if that were the case she would have significantly larger degrees of freedom.

Thats why she should use a puppet to be her face. Maybe an indoctrinated being( indoctrinated either by a further advanced River with telepathy or more likely by stolen Alliance tech). In a similar fashion what Bennett did with that senator in Dollhouse.

FordStaffDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 04:24 | Message # 42
I think River whose effective range is almost planet wide in the most extreme cases( e.g feeling the dead people in "every city, every house ") with the amplifier she'd turn into a weapon of mass destruction easily.

The weapon was used twice within a ten minute times span in only one episode - we know nothing about it. Assuming it has anything to do with psychic powers is a jump, thinking it is a psychic amplifier is an even larger one.

Also she could use an amplifier to extend her effective range.

She could also use a light-saber and a neuronic whip if we are going to add things that are not yet show to exist in-universe.

( indoctrinated either by a further advanced River with telepathy or more likely by stolen Alliance tech). In a similar fashion what Bennett did with that senator in Dollhouse.

You are giving River new powers. She is not even implied to have telepathy to any degree, which will make her job far more difficult if not impossible. She is seriously outclassed by most other psychics, luckily she has extreme intelligence and the human population is relatively small, but even so she also has criminal status and insanity.

Have not seen Dollhouse yet, do you suggest it?

Its not like she has to fear from anything.

This is a mistake to believe, had the series continued there is no doubt it would have been revealed that either the Blue Sun or The Alliance developed devices from the study of the psychics like River that could be used against them and others. I believe Joss Whedon mentions that Dollhouse utilizes some unused ideas from Firefly, so I think there was far more to the mind warping in the Firefly verse. Not to mention there is nothing River could do if she were in Serenity surrounded by The Alliance fleet, they could blow up Serenity and its crew and River could not do a thing. There is also the risk of relapses into insanity. River may be the most powerful character of the firefly verse, but she is not even close to invincible, not close at all.

Message edited by FordStaff - Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 04:27

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 05:48 | Message # 43
Quote (FordStaff)
You are giving River new powers. She is not even implied to have telepathy to any degree, which will make her job far more difficult if not impossible. She is seriously outclassed by most other psychics, luckily she has extreme intelligence and the human population is relatively small, but even so she also has criminal status and insanity.

Actually its possible that it was hinted. All speculation about it is in the "River Tam, a mind-reader or more?" thread( first page).

Quote (FordStaff)
Have not seen Dollhouse yet, do you suggest it?

I haven't seen it either, only the episodes in which Summer shows up( but I saw those multiple times :D) .

Quote (FordStaff)
The weapon was used twice within a ten minute times span in only one episode - we know nothing about it. Assuming it has anything to do with psychic powers is a jump, thinking it is a psychic amplifier is an even larger one.

Granted, its a bit hard to measure power levels in a one season and a movie long franchise especially with that many loose ends hints and whatever. We don't have much idea on who is capable of doing what.

Quote (FordStaff)
She could also use a light-saber and a neuronic whip if we are going to add things that are not yet show to exist in-universe.

I doubt that with the Blue Suns and with crazy research facilities which are capable of producing near Jedi level warriors we wouldn't see something extreme later in the show if it continued.

Quote (FordStaff)
Not to mention there is nothing River could do if she were in Serenity surrounded by The Alliance fleet, they could blow up Serenity and its crew and River could not do a thing.

I doubt that a super intelligent, mind reader, possible seer of the future would be stupid enough to let herself caught in a situation like this.

Quote (FordStaff)
I believe Joss Whedon mentions that Dollhouse utilizes some unused ideas from Firefly, so I think there was far more to the mind warping in the Firefly verse.

Well, dolls are mind raped too so they are like River in this sense. Its ironic that Summer again plays both victim and aggressor in similar contexts.

BTW if thats true then I'm pretty sure that the Bennett-Topher romance is something which was originally planned for River. Both Bennett and Toph are socially awkward with similar backgrounds, occupation and capabilities.

I think Topher was supposed to be the another experiment victim River falls in love.

Bennett also behaves similarly as I'd imagine River behaving in a similar situation.

FordStaffDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 06:12 | Message # 44

Actually its possible that it was hinted. All speculation about it is in the "River Tam, a mind-reader or more?" thread( first page).

There were no hints of telepathy (this means direct mind altering psychic abilities right?), it was discussed, but there was not any good demonstration to give it any credibility. This is not to say they could not have laid the pipe work later in the first season for it, but considering the massive power this would be, I doubt they would go there in the firefly verse, if for no other reason than keeping reasonable power levels. The firefly verse is relatively low key with powers, and I personally like it that way, just enough pizazz with the psychics, but not overwhelming.

Granted, its a bit hard to measure power levels in a one season and a movie long franchise especially with that many loose ends hints and whatever. We don't have much idea on who is capable of doing what.

Of course, I was merely suggesting it. They would need to go some where with the series after Miranda, and my suggestion would be one way. When I discuss River's power level in the firefly verse, I consider only verified abilities and factions and such, not possibilities. If we want to discuss possibilities that is an entirely different conversation.

I doubt that with the Blue Suns and with crazy research facilities which are capable of producing near Jedi level warriors we wouldn't see something extreme later in the show if it continued.

We would have seen many new things had the series continued that is for sure, I am almost certain there would have been a battle between River and some other psychic of similar abilities.

I doubt that a super intelligent, mind reader, possible seer of the future would be stupid enough to let herself caught in a situation like this.

Intelligence only gets you so far with limited resources, River is EXTREMELY limited in information, manpower, weaponry, The Alliance has her outgunned in nearly every department. Numbers will still win the day if you utilize them in full force, if The Alliance was serious about getting River dead she would be so. During the series the entire Navy was not hunting her down, her face was only known to the higher ups.

BTW if thats true then I'm pretty sure that the Bennett-Topher romance is something which was originally planned for River. Both Bennett and Toph are socially awkward with similar backgrounds, occupation and capabilities.

I think Topher was supposed to be the another experiment victim River falls in love.

I do not think this is the case, but I suppose it is plausible. The unused ideas probably more have to do with the mind experiments.

Message edited by FordStaff - Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 06:15

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 06:51 | Message # 45
Quote (FordStaff)
Intelligence only gets you so far with limited resources, River is EXTREMELY limited in information, manpower, weaponry, The Alliance has her outgunned in nearly every department. Numbers will still win the day if you utilize them in full force, if The Alliance was serious about getting River dead she would be so. During the series the entire Navy was not hunting her down, her face was only known to the higher ups.

Why would a super intelligent person challenge the numbers in the first place? I suggested manipulation and subtlety, not charging the Alliance capital head on. She'd make sure she can never be caught. Unless the Alliance wants to bomb every single habitable planet because they suspect that somebody maybe, possibly conspires against them River will never have to face with an entire fleet on her own.

Quote (FordStaff)
Of course, I was merely suggesting it. They would need to go some where with the series after Miranda, and my suggestion would be one way. When I discuss River's power level in the firefly verse, I consider only verified abilities and factions and such, not possibilities. If we want to discuss possibilities that is an entirely different conversation.

The thing is that its not even relevant how River would fare against other characters from other universes. Its obvious that a Jedi would brutally murder River, even a mediocre one using the Force.

The problem is that she totally outclasses her other crewmates and their problems. Crime organizations? Bounty hunters? Thieves? River goes to Niskas space station and massacres him along with his every henchman before lunch.

But if comes some kind of crazy Blue Sun tech or a psychic enemy which would be a match for her then the crew could not do a thing against it.
The least that would happen is that River becomes the sole hero of the show with Mal and the crew as her assistants( not that the crew would be useless but the show wouldn't be about Mal and his fight but about River and her fight, not that I would complain) .

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Summer Glau's impact on the Geek Culture (As seen on articles and blogposts)
Page 3 of 10«12345910»
Search: