menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Summer Glau about fan dedication
Summer Glau about fan dedication
FordStaffDate: Saturday, 19 Nov 2011, 04:03 | Message # 16
Group: Friends
She also smiles and laughs a lot and thats what makes her so incredibly sweet. We didn't saw River or Cameron smiling that much.

This is definitely true.

But I have to say the rare occurrence of River smiling was always a wonderful scene to behold and were my favorite parts of the series. Half of her smiling, so about two times cry , was done in a space suit. It may seem a small detail, but I was depressed we never found the reason for her fascination with space. If I forget many of the scenes, I will always remember the scene with River and Simon hiding outside the hull of the ship.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Saturday, 19 Nov 2011, 04:24

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 19 Nov 2011, 08:03 | Message # 17
Quote (FordStaff)
This is definitely true.

But I have to say the rare occurrence of River smiling was always a wonderful scene to behold and were my favorite parts of the series. Half of her smiling, so about two times , was done in a space suit. It may seem a small detail, but I was depressed we never found the reason for her fascination with space. If I forget many of the scenes, I will always remember the scene with River and Simon hiding outside the hull of the ship.

Yes, when River smiled it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen mostly because she didn't do that often and it was so relieving to see her happy after so many suffering. Summers innocent face also contributed to the effect of course. The other scene which was similar was in TSCC in Alison form Palmdale when Cameron played with Jody and she laughed and smiled, forgetting the war, everything. When John came to bring her home I wanted him to leave her alone and let her be happy with Alisons personality.

BTW I'd be curious what River found so fascinating in space.

But sometimes I want to see a Summer character who is happy and smiles and laughs a lot and enjoys her life.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

FordStaffDate: Saturday, 19 Nov 2011, 08:27 | Message # 18

But sometimes I want to see a Summer character who is happy and smiles and laughs a lot and enjoys her life.

I was not suggesting otherwise. It must be remembered though happy normal people are boring, so being a bit off is not a bad thing (in fiction). It would be nice if it did not go the complete opposite direction either, but everything has its advantages.

BTW I'd be curious what River found so fascinating in space.

Both times she was in space, it was when she looked happiest. There is no way that was coincidence (especially since her brother is the opposite seemingly to emphasize it even more). I like to think they were going somewhere with it, even if it was a simple explanation.

Space and Serenity sort of represented freedom for the characters, so that could be part of it.

The other scene which was similar was in TSCC in Alison form Palmdale when Cameron played with Jody and she laughed and smiled, forgetting the war, everything. When John came to bring her home I wanted him to leave her alone and let her be happy with Alisons personality.

Only problem with that scene is that it is probably not for real. Saying it is a problem is incorrect as that is how it is suppose to be. It is just that with this scene I do not know how to feel, whereas with River being happy it just feels great. Not bashing the scene or T:TSCC, just saying that it is very different emotionally to see Cameron like that rather than River. With Cameron it is confusing, which I am almost certain is the desired effect, and it worked magnificently.

Message edited by FordStaff - Saturday, 19 Nov 2011, 08:29

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 20 Nov 2011, 00:13 | Message # 19
Quote (FordStaff)
I was not suggesting otherwise. It must be remembered though happy normal people are boring, so being a bit off is not a bad thing (in fiction). It would be nice if it did not go the complete opposite direction either, but everything has its advantages.

Its not like Bennett was completely normal. She was a mad, vengeful scientist besides being a sweet, shy girl( superb combination biggrin ).

Tess was smiling too a lot and she even went to a disco but meanwhile she was mad too and she had the ability to mind control people in a huge scale.

Its only that they smiled a lot.

Quote (FordStaff)
Only problem with that scene is that it is probably not for real. Saying it is a problem is incorrect as that is how it is suppose to be. It is just that with this scene I do not know how to feel, whereas with River being happy it just feels great. Not bashing the scene or T:TSCC, just saying that it is very different emotionally to see Cameron like that rather than River. With Cameron it is confusing, which I am almost certain is the desired effect, and it worked magnificently.

That was exactly how it was planned. You wanted her to become a normal girl because her faked personality seemed so sweet and real. Then there comes a slap in the face when she does something inhuman and incredibly cruel. That was so thrilling, she played with the viewers emotions just like she played with Johns.

Another good example is when she pleaded John to not remove her chip in Samson and Delilah. There is a girl, crying and begging not to kill her, she looks so genuine and she tells you that she loves you. You know that she has to lie but even then your hearth doesn't want to believe it. Summer played it in a so moving way that you believed her totally and felt the same stress which was on John, believe to your hearth and risk being killed or pull out the chip despite she pleades you so much not to do that? I could fully understand how hard it was to John to pull that chip out finally.

It was totally awesome! When was the last time when you felt exactly what a character felt in a TV show? This scene could have easily been a disaster too. Only Summers ability to portray emotions so strongly is what made these scenes awesome.

FordStaffDate: Sunday, 20 Nov 2011, 05:31 | Message # 20
Its not like Bennett was completely normal. She was a mad, vengeful scientist besides being a sweet, shy girl( superb combination biggrin ).

There is a difference between a happy character and a normal character, Summer should never play normal characters. Happy characters, however are a different story.

It is good to remember that Water is far more refreshing in a desert. By this I mean that a commodity that is scarce can truly be appreciated, and this is why River's happiness is so powerful.

It was totally awesome! When was the last time when you felt exactly what a character felt in a TV show? This scene could have easily been a disaster too. Only Summers ability to portray emotions so strongly is what made these scenes awesome.

This is precisely the reason that those who suggest Summer can only play a mindless cyborg ought to see the doctor right away and get a prescription for reality pills. For them they will not be orally administered. cool

Message edited by FordStaff - Sunday, 20 Nov 2011, 08:58

BlaziusDate: Monday, 21 Nov 2011, 20:11 | Message # 21
Quote (FordStaff)
There is a difference between a happy character and a normal character, Summer should never play normal characters. Happy characters, however are a different story.

I just wanted to demonstrate that its a perfectly viable option to have a happy but exciting not very normal character, especially with the countless possibilities given by Summers talents. Id say its even perfectly doable in other genres too because Summer would probably make it work anyway.

Quote (FordStaff)
It is good to remember that Water is far more refreshing in a desert. By this I mean that a commodity that is scarce can truly be appreciated, and this is why River's happiness is so powerful.

Yes I agree that seeing River was incredibly refreshing. There were moments when I'd just hug her and comfort her it was just so bad seeing her in pain. So when she smiled finally it made my whole day better, it was so beautiful.

On the other hand Summers smile is like a magic water, it always feels refreshing. Seeing her smiling and laughing is very rewarding to watch even if she does it a lot playing a happy character.

Quote (FordStaff)
This is precisely the reason that those who suggest Summer can only play a mindless cyborg ought to see the doctor right away and get a prescription for reality pills. For them they will not be orally administered.

Lol! And they must be VERY STRONG reality pills!

REGDate: Saturday, 02 Jun 2012, 17:02 | Message # 22
Quote (Blazius)
Another good example is when she pleaded John to not remove her chip in Samson and Delilah. There is a girl, crying and begging not to kill her, she looks so genuine and she tells you that she loves you. You know that she has to lie but even then your hearth doesn't want to believe it. Summer played it in a so moving way that you believed her totally and felt the same stress which was on John, believe to your hearth and risk being killed or pull out the chip despite she pleades you so much not to do that? I could fully understand how hard it was to John to pull that chip out finally.

i cry every time on that scene. it is just so well done that you feel that you are there in the moment. as if you were John for that time. it is very moving and emotional.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Summer Glau about fan dedication
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: