[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 3 of 4«1234»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Actors popularity measured by IMDb's STARmeter
Actors popularity measured by IMDb's STARmeter
chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 02 May 2013, 13:47 | Message # 31
Group: Administrators
Update on the Starmeter ranking:

Summer Glau: 679
Her scarce on-screen appearances barely maintain a stable index.

Leven Rambin: 1 096
Her index will go to the roof when the blockbuster Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters starring Logan Lerman, Alexandra Daddario, Brandon T. Jackson, Jake Abel, Nathan Fillion, Stanley Tucci, Leven Rambin, and Douglas Smith will be released on August 16th, 2013.

Laura Mennell (Alphas): 4 280

As I said previously, I would not read too much into this index and the relative ranking, especially for rankings below 1000.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Riotroar1Date: Tuesday, 09 Jul 2013, 00:14 | Message # 32
Group: Friends
Sorry for bumping a 2 months old thread, but I was wondering what her rank was now. I don't have IMDbPro but on her page it says that she is top 5000. I assume that it means that her rank is somewhere between 1001 and 4999

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 09 Jul 2013, 08:18 | Message # 33
Summer Glau: 561 (down 67 this week)
The index is surprisingly high for an actress who is not on tv every week, has not a movie coming up and is not featured in the magazines. However, since she has lots of geek credits, her name is often mentioned in sci-fi articles or when mentioning Joss Whedon.

Leven Rambin: 863 (up 419 this week)
With "Sea of Monsters" hitting theaters on August 7th, 2013 and the fact she is featured in the press regularly, I would not be surprised if Leven is in top 10 in a few weeks.

Lena Headey: 11 (down 5 this week)

Grace Park (Hawaii Five-0): 1710 (down 270 this week)

Tricia Helfer: 885 (up 69 this week)

Jewel Staite: 956 (up 121 this week)

Morena Baccarin: 388

Laura Mennell (Alphas): 3697 (down 238 this week)

Azita Guanizada (Alphas): 4784 (up 415 this week)

Edit: sorry, I forgot to mention Leven's ranking. I also added a few other actresses.

Riotroar1Date: Tuesday, 09 Jul 2013, 08:54 | Message # 34
Wow that is a lot higher than I expected. Happy i was wrong!

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 09 Jul 2013, 15:08 | Message # 35
Quote (Riotroar1)
Wow that is a lot higher than I expected. Happy i was wrong!

Sorry, I forgot to mention Leven's ranking.
By way of comparison, I also added a few other actresses's ranking.

Joe73Date: Tuesday, 09 Jul 2013, 18:23 | Message # 36
I noticed that before she drop 67 points, she also dropped a lot of point, suggesting she had a big spike. My guess is that she was in the 200 area??? can you confirm this? Chris.

Thats a window bird.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 09 Jul 2013, 23:28 | Message # 37
Quote (Joe73)
I noticed that before she drop 67 points, she also dropped a lot of point, suggesting she had a big spike. My guess is that she was in the 200 area??? can you confirm this? Chris.

Summer's ranking was updated today: 543 (up 18 this week)
The index was briefly at 290 when she guest starred in Hawaii Five-0. Summer's ranking fluctuate according to articles published online where her name is mentioned. Watch below a screencap of the ranking since 2002:

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 15 Jul 2013, 17:30 | Message # 38
I thought it would be interesting to see if Summer's IMdB ranking has changed since the announce that she will have a recurring role on Arrow season 2.

As expected, Summer's rank was up 368 this week, which means her current rank is #175 smile

Summer Glau ranking at IMdB

I have no doubt that Summer will be in the top 100 once Arrow season 2 begins on Octover 2013 on The CW.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 26 Sep 2013, 11:54 | Message # 39
Continuum's star Rachel Nichols:

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 09 Oct 2013, 15:29 | Message # 40
Arrow 2x01 'City of Heroes' actors popularity measured by IMDb index (the closer to 1, the better):

Arrow 2x01 'City of Heroes' actors popularity measured by IMDb index

The most visited IMDb page is for Katie Cassidy, who plays Laurel Lance. Summer Glau is more popular than Arrow's star Stephen Amell wink

robboDate: Wednesday, 09 Oct 2013, 20:14 | Message # 41
no surprise their then with Katie Cassidy being most popular, but still good from Summer Glau being more popular than the lead role character Stephen Amell. and of course with Summer being a newbie, still think she should have been most popular, still nice one Summer wink

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 09 Oct 2013, 21:24 | Message # 42
Quote (robbo)
no surprise their then with Katie Cassidy being most popular,

To be honest I don't have a clear explanation for this.
IMDb is visited by movies addict and not so much by the fandoms for tv shows or actresses; another element that counts is the number of online articles inwhich you're mentioned; since Summer Glau is a sci-fi icon, contrarily to Arrow's actor, it probably helps her relatively good ranking.

robboDate: Wednesday, 09 Oct 2013, 22:20 | Message # 43
good point, Summer Glau you would have thought with her popularity in the geek fandom, and as you say a sci-fi icon, should have been well and truly more popular than Katie Cassidy, maybe the next IMDb`s index will produce a totally different complex, of Summer Glau with one episode behind her, but yes a sci-fi icon like Summer Glau should be high ranking, with her C.V.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 17 Nov 2013, 02:08 | Message # 44
Arrow 2x06 'Keep Your Enemies Closer' actors popularity measured by IMDb index (the closer to 1, the better):

It's no surprise that all IMDb index went up since Arrow season 2 started; you can compare the current ranking with the ranking from Arrow season 2 premiere in Message # 40 above.

robboDate: Sunday, 17 Nov 2013, 02:23 | Message # 45
# 44 That"s a bit of a surprise I would have thought Summer might have jumped a few places higher, but nevertheless the other guys and gals have had a bit of a more advantage being in more episodes, but Its still good for summer I would like to see her hopefully in a few more episodes, as the season progresses because she was really great in the latest episode of Arrow, she shone through as Isabel Rochev and is making that role her own part in true Summer style,

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Actors popularity measured by IMDb's STARmeter
Page 3 of 4«1234»
Search: