To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

TSCC fanfictions
By The1Russter

obsessed with Summer
By diya123working

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 41234»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Actors popularity measured by IMDb's STARmeter
Actors popularity measured by IMDb's STARmeter
Date: Thursday, 2011 Nov 17, 10:50 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

Wiki members have asked what was the popularity of Cameron, played by Summer Glau, in Fox's serie Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles, when the serie was on air.

Several elements of the response have been provided in the Forum : see Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots

The following will not examine directly Cameron's popularity but the popularity of Summer Glau herself, as measured by IMDb's STARmeter™ index. This type of information is usually not available for the internet users.

Let's start by explaining how the STARmeter (and MOVIEmeter) index works (excerpts taken from IMDb) :

STARmeter rankings provide a snapshot of who's popular based on the searches of millions of IMDb users. Updated weekly, these rankings also graph the popularity of people over time and determine which events affect public awareness.

Quote (IMDb)
STARmeter is a ranking of every person in IMDb. Available only on IMDbPro, the website designed for people who work in the entertainment industry, STARmeter provides industry professionals with insights into the popularity of film and television productions as well as the people who make them.

The ranking represents what people are interested in, based not on small statistical samplings, but on the actual behavior of millions of IMDb users. IMDbPro uses proprietary algorithms that take into account several measures of popularity for people and titles. The primary measure is who and what people are looking at on the public IMDb.com website.

IMDb users vote through their actions, every time someone visits an IMDb web page about one of the over 1.8 million titles and over 4 million people in the database, IMDb record that "pageview". It is the sum total of these pageviews that form the foundation of the STARmeter ranking.
IMDb.com has over 100 million visitors each month. The STARmeter and MOVIEmeter rankings are based on a cumulative total of more than 3 billion pageviews per month.

And now here are Summer and Lena detailed graphs, exclusively for the Summer Glau Wiki :

Click on image for bigger size
Summer Glau STARmeter graph at IMDb

Click on image for bigger size
Lena Headey STARmeter graph at IMDb

Side notes :
  • The graphs are reproduced in larger size for a better reading
  • Clicking on icons in graph leads to more information on theatrical & DVD/VHS release dates, news, and awards (can only be done at IMDb Pro of course).

• You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2011 Nov 17, 19:08 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

This type of information is usually not available for the internet users.

What do you mean? Are you saying I could not get these graphs from IMDb myself?

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Date: Friday, 2011 Nov 18, 00:05 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

Quote (FordStaff)
    Are you saying I could not get these graphs from IMDb myself?

Not diretly at least, one has to subscribe to IMDb Pro to get them. What i meant is that since i'm an internet user, i have never seen this type of graphs.

For both Summer or Lena's career, they became popular when their respective movies hit the theaters; Serenity in Summer's case and 300 in Lena's case. Of course 300 had a much bigger impact than Serenity.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Friday, 2011 Nov 18, 00:28 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

Through as I can see 300 and TSCC are overlapping in Lenas case so its impossible to tell by this diagram how TSCC affected her popularity. Through I guess from what we know Summers popularity may have spiked far more than Lenas would without 300( especially seeing her popularity before the movie that wasn't that "much" higher than Summer).

From what I see Summers popularity is still considerable especially that she was never in a blockbuster ever. Imagine if she finally managed to be in one, she could easily be the most popular actor even.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
    Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Friday, 2011 Nov 18, 00:41

Date: Friday, 2011 Nov 18, 00:47 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

How are 300 and TSCC overlapping?
    You see very clearly 300's peak when it was released in March 2007 (before that, Lena was not a a-lister). Whereas TSCC aired in January 2008 (almost a year later) and here again you see clearly the peak, which is distinct from 300's peak.
    You'll notice that Lena's career did not go to the roof after 300. On the opposite, Gerald Butler's career stay on the top after 300 (see graph below).

Gerald Butler

Lena's career relative stagnation after 300 could explain that she was more than happy to star in a successful franchise like Terminator.

Edit : after reflection, you're right, there's some overlapping but not much.

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 2011 Nov 18, 01:55

Date: Friday, 2011 Nov 18, 01:30 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

Sorry, had to magnify it to see better( too big TV and I don't see anything smaller well)

So Summers rank is 671, Lenas is 167. The huge difference is because of 300 and its spike which it caused for Lena I suppose.

Date: Friday, 2011 Nov 18, 02:03 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

Quote (Blazius)
    So Summers rank is 671, Lenas is 167. The huge difference is because of 300 and its spike which it caused for Lena I suppose.

No, the ranking is updated weekly and don't take in account the past rankings; 300's effect is long gone, as proved by Lena's huge drop in popularity after TSCC was canceled. She was only saved by Game of Thrones and that only explains the difference.
    On the opposite, Summer's popularity remained stable after TSCC ended and she even registered a bump when The Cape aired, which is remarquable.

Back to TSCC : If you compare Summer and Lena's graphs during TSCC, where season 1 is featured by the continuous blue stars early 2008 and season 2 is featured by the continuous blue stars late 2008, you'll notice both Lena and Summer register a similar drop (i'll try to make a more detailed study with the information available at IMDb Pro later). So that it's difficult to say that one was more popular than the other during TSCC broadcast.

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Dec 27, 18:36 GMT | Message # 8

Site Admin

Not Summer Glau-related for the moment, maybe some day wink

IMdB daily poll ask their readers : Whose inclusion on the STARmeter Top 10 of 2011 makes you the happiest?

The thing that caught my eye is that among the names listed were two actresses that we mentioned often in this forum, Olivia Wilde and Natalie Portman.

Here are the results so far :

What will be the results at the end of the day?

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Dec 28, 10:21 GMT | Message # 9

Site Admin

Poll is over :

Not much love for Olivia Wilde, Natalie Portman and her Black Swan co-star Mila Kunis, who finished in the last positions of the poll.

Date: Sunday, 2012 Jan 08, 17:59 GMT | Message # 10

Site Admin

Summer's current IMDb's STARmeter™ index is 464 whereas it was 671 when i started this thread a few weeks ago; i don't know why this jump since Summer's news have been quite slow ever since.

Reminder : IMDb's STARmeter™ index measures a celebrity popularity based on the pages view at IMDB (roughly said).

Anyway it won't get higher as long as Summer is not a regular on a tv show or one her movies is released.

Talking about that, here is the ranking for the actors of The Legend of Hell’s Gate; as you can see Summer is by far the most popular at IMDb, even if Eric Balfour is a main cast in a Syfy's serie "Haven".

Date: Sunday, 2012 Jan 08, 18:35 GMT | Message # 11

Bloggers

Really interesting stuff - thanks for posting this Chris.

Here is another look at Summer's popularity, broken down by age groups from Yahoo.

http://clues.yahoo.com/analysi....er=true

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Date: Saturday, 2012 Feb 11, 14:58 GMT | Message # 12

Site Admin

After i wrote this morning about Lena Headey's possible involvement in a new film, a tweeps said that unfortunately Summer's career was on the decline.
    Not wanting to start a polemic but i wouldn't say that; if it's true that Summer does not have a regular job in a serie, she has been employed regularly since TSCC was cancelled (The Cape,TBBT, Chuck, Alphas, HPP, GA, LOHG) and one can hope things will improve with the release of Knights of Badassdom this Spring and the awaited picking up from "Scent of the Missing" as a serie by TNT.

As you know the IMDb index mesures the actors popularity based mostly on the page views at their site; this index shows Summer's popularity is stable from the moment i started this thread, i.e. 3 months ago. Her index went from 671 to 663 today.

Meanwhile Lena's popularity has increased a bit from 168 to 130 but i'm sure it will go up when Game of Thrones season 2 will start in April 2012 or when Judge Dredd will be released in September 2012.

Date: Friday, 2012 Feb 17, 16:45 GMT | Message # 13

Site Admin

Believe it or not Summer Glau was once ranked on top position at the IMDb's STARmeter index.

Her recap graphic don't show it at first glance, probably because of the logarythmic scale but i pointed with my cursor the top ranking (in order to display a pop up window containing the ranking) and indeed it shows #1 for the time period of Serenity release (see screencap)

I checked another source that confirmed that Serenity topped the IMDb MovieMeter for 2 weeks while Summer was on top of the StarMeter index; in other terms, she was the most viewed actress on IMDb for the time period (one week or so).
    Other actors ranks were as follow :

Nathan Fillion : #4
    Jewel Staite : #13
    Morena Baccarin : #19
    Adam Baldwin : #22
    Gina Torres : #29
    Alan Tudyk : #31
    Sean Maher : #78
    Ron Glass : #192

while Joss Whedon himself was at #57.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 2012 Feb 17, 16:46

Date: Thursday, 2012 Mar 29, 12:13 GMT | Message # 14

Site Admin

See what a role on a blockbuster can do for your popularity!

Levin Ramblin, who played Riley in TSCC, is now ranked #50 by IMDb index because of her secondary role in hit movie The Hunger Games; featuring in such a movie brings you a lot of exposure, even if you're not at the center of the buzz.
    Of course The Hunger Games ands its female lead Jennifer Lawrence are respectively on top of the Movie and Star index.

FYI, Summer's rank is #523 while Lena's is #50 (Game of Thrones).

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 2012 Mar 29, 12:16

Date: Thursday, 2012 Mar 29, 19:41 GMT | Message # 15

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
    Levin Ramblin, who played Riley in TSCC, is now ranked #50 by IMDb index because of her secondary role in hit movie The Hunger Games; featuring in such a movie brings you a lot of exposure, even if you're not at the center of the buzz.
    Of course The Hunger Games ands its female lead Jennifer Lawrence are respectively on top of the Movie and Star index.

If only Summer got a friend and mentor who she worked with before and who is now working on such a blockbuster. Then he could help Summer being in it and Summers popularity would be that high too.

Pity Summer doesn't know anybody like that sad

Oh wait... blink

BTW its would be VERY interesting to figure out how Miss. Ramblin landed on that role so Summer could do that too.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Actors popularity measured by IMDb's STARmeter
    Page 1 of 41234»
    Search: