menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Stand-Alone Episodes giving a fair representation of a show
Stand-Alone Episodes giving a fair representation of a show
chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 21:43 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
The hour of our (almost) daily article from Charlie Jane Anders at io9 has arrived.

Under the pretext of listing 10 Great Stand-Alone Episodes That Totally Represent Their Respective Shows, Charlie Jane mentioned TSCC's season 2 episode 11 'Self Made Man'.
The fact that this is a Summer-centric episode can only be a coincidence biggrin

Quote (Charlie Jane Anders)
Stand-alone episodes. Pretty much every TV show does them, even in this age of more serialized television. And oftentimes, they're kind of disposable. They're the cheap episodes, or the ones which don't shake up the show's status quo. Most of all, they're often stories that could come from any television show — like last week's "amnesia virus" episode of Terra Nova.

TSCC Self Made Man
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, "Self Made Man"

Why it rocks:
This is the famous "Terminator goes back to the 1920s and becomes a big wheel" episode. It also has a subplot in which John Connor beats up a douchey host at a party that Riley dragged him to. This is one of the T:SCC episodes that takes time-traveling robots in a much weirder, more inventive direction than usual. And we get to see Summer Glau's Cameron make and lose a friend.

Why it could only come from this show:
Because it's about time-traveling robots, and is very entwined with the Terminator mythos.

TV show like The X-Files, Farscape or Star Trek also made the list.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

termi-ninja-torDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 22:47 | Message # 2
Group: Friends
One of the more irksome aspects of this episode to me was that it was never explained why terminator Myron Stark wanted to kill Governor Mark Wyman. But of course such open questions were very characteristic of TSCC, and this just further confirms this episode as "giving a fair representation" of the show.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 22:55 | Message # 3
Group: Administrators
Very true! I'm thinking the 'Kill Governor' arc would have been adressed in late season 3 or in season 4 at best.

Also the Rupert Chandler & son arc implied too much exposition; i loved Summer interaction with the librarian though.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Stand-Alone Episodes giving a fair representation of a show
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: