menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » 15 Type of People Present at Comic Con
15 Type of People Present at Comic Con
chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 01:22 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Geek Tyrant is kindly mocking the people you will see at every fan conventions like Comic Conventions. They used an infographic instead of a list to do that.

Quote (GeekTyrant)
Here's a great infographic that's been created showing off fifteen people you'll see at almost every kind of geek Comic-Con event. I thought this was pretty funny because if you've gone to a comic-con event especially the big ones, you know that what you see above is 100% accurate. The truth can be very funny at times. .
Can you think of any other kinds of people that should be added to this list? They are missing the Princess Leia look a like army.

Let us know if you think you recognized someone in particular among these people biggrin

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 10:33 | Message # 2
Summer Glau or felicia Day?

FordStaffDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 10:59 | Message # 3
Group: Friends
Felicia Day was not in any SF was she? Clearly it is meant towards Summer although it is not a single role of SF at this point.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 12:06 | Message # 4
Even if Felicia Day has not played in hard-core sci-fi shows, she's has a nice list of performances revolving around the geek culture like The Guild (TV Series 2007– ), voice for video games and more guest spots in tv shows than Summer Glau. If she's not the queen of sci-fi, she's close to the top geek queen.

Obviously, i had Summer Glau in mind when i decided to mention that infography biggrin

The1RussterDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 18:04 | Message # 5
Group: Writer
Quote (michelangelo)
Geek Tyrant is kindly mocking the people you will see at every fan conventions like Comic Conventions. They used an infographic instead of a list to do that. Quote (GeekTyrant)Here's a great infographic that's been created showing off fifteen people you'll see at almost every kind of geek Comic-Con event. I thought this was pretty funny because if you've gone to a comic-con event especially the big ones, you know that what you see above is 100% accurate. The truth can be very funny at times. . Can you think of any other kinds of people that should be added to this list? They are missing the Princess Leia look a like army. Let us know if you think you recognized someone in particular among these people

What's really weird about this, some people don't even need a convention to dress like this. Just go to your local mall on any given day and you'll quickly see what I mean. :-)

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

FordStaffDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 23:26 | Message # 6
What's really weird about this, some people don't even need a convention to dress like this. Just go to your local mall on any given day and you'll quickly see what I mean. :-)

When I was in High School there were multiple people that would fall in the category of person dressed normally except for animal ears/tail even when it was not Halloween.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 23:39 | Message # 7
Quote (FordStaff)
When I was in High School there were multiple people that would fall in the category of person dressed normally except for animal ears/tail even when it was not Halloween.

Jacob's fans ?

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 19 Oct 2011, 01:34 | Message # 8
Jacob's fans ?

I have no insights into their behavior, but I do not believe it was inspired by any work of fiction. Perhaps they were just trying to be strange.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 19 Oct 2011, 11:07 | Message # 9
Quote (FordStaff)
I have no insights into their behavior, but I do not believe it was inspired by any work of fiction. Perhaps they were just trying to be strange.

French tv broascasted a program dedicated to teenagers dressing as werewolves not so long ago; this is why i quoted Twilight.
I managed to find the original reportage for you :

Honestly, didn't we all have our little excentricities when we were teenagers ourselves?

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 19 Oct 2011, 11:17 | Message # 10
Honestly, didn't we all have our little excentricities when we were teenagers ourselves?

Probably, but I believe most keep it to themselves present company included.

DevoDate: Thursday, 20 Oct 2011, 07:45 | Message # 11
Quote (FordStaff)
Felicia Day was not in any SF was she? Clearly it is meant towards Summer although it is not a single role of SF at this point.

She was on Eureka on Syfy this past season, and she was on Dollhouse.

Actually, now that I think about it, that describes just about every female celebrity at a convention besides Summer. She is the 'Queen' of SciFi because she has been in so many awesome scifi shows. :P

Message edited by Devo - Thursday, 20 Oct 2011, 07:50

REGDate: Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 15:05 | Message # 12
lol that is so true. especially the weirded out security guard and cosplay too large to wear.
and i got it right away that this is referring to Summer:

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » 15 Type of People Present at Comic Con
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: