menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » The Human Preservation Project
The Human Preservation Project
FermiDate: Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 02:58 | Message # 46
Group: Administrators
Anyone more than me playing this game? and what are your progress?

I solved all the puzzles on facility 1, command central. I've one more left to solve on facility 2.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 03:04 | Message # 47
It's time to answer some misconception about the Human Preservation Project and Summer's involvement.

Since we learn Summer Glau was part of that project, Summer fans were amazed by the complexity and apparent high budget allocated to it, considering the site with high concept 3D visuals, the videos, the packages sent to various websites : this was one of the arguments, along with Summer going to NYCC, used by fans to say that there was more about HPP than a simple online game and gum adverstising.

The future events proved they were wrong : HPP is just an online interactive game aimed at promoting Wrigley's 5 Gum and Summer went at NYCC to promote the brand much to the chagrin of some fans.

We don't know how much Wrigley has spent to develop the game, yet it must have been expensive; but the recent videos featuring Summer Glau were made for cheap because Wrigley basically edited videos made one year ago for the launch of 5 Gum new flavors (Rain, Cobalt, Flare, Elixir, Solstice) and inserted Summer's messages (see below the one year old videos made for the lauch of the flavors). Even if they tried to connect the previous videos and Summer's message, the editing shows clearly. More, Summer is only recitating her line in front of a camera, no serious acting is involved.

The filming of the second video with her dad is even more simple : you see a hand in front of the camera playing with sunlights and Summer's face. They used basic tricks like jerky images of faded voices to make it look more mysterious but it's really cheap.

Lol at comments on another site asking when Summer's story will begin; it has already began and we won't get much more than Summer in front of a camera saying a few lines. I bet she will never physically meet Terry O'Quinn on the screen even if Summer said at NYCC that their characters are connected.

What did Natalia reveal in her last video (see post above)?

She's annoucing the next icefly treasure hunt as well as the promotion of 5 Gum new flavor, Swerve. How can i be so sure? I'm not but you can thrust me cool

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

FordStaffDate: Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 03:08 | Message # 48
Group: Friends
You seem quite knowledgeable on this subject Michelangelo. Is there some specific reasons for such an ambitious advertising campaign? I have never heard of any other advertising campaigns so intricate.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 03:29 | Message # 49
Quote (FordStaff)
You seem quite knowledgeable on this subject Michelangelo. Is there some specific reasons for such an ambitious advertising campaign? I have never heard of any other advertising campaigns so intricate.

If you were on the Wiki for along time, you would know i have a thing for deciphering the signs cool

Wrigley said that 5 Gum is its most successful brand launch ever and that it has achieved $500 million in sales in five years, meaning they have the money to do such expensive and elaborate campaign. They will continue to launch new flavors and advertise it through HPP.

You're right, such viral campaigns are usually made for a new movie or tv show or game, hence the miscomprehension of many fans ( i was almost the only one on twitter claiming it was just a game to promote 5 gum but they would not believe me until it was revealed at NYCC). It's not usually made for a consumer product like a gum, all the more 5 Gum was not a new product. This is quite new indeed and can be disconcerting.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 03:35

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 04:18 | Message # 50
Quote (michelangelo)
It's time to answer some misconception about the Human Preservation Project and Summer's involvement.

Since we learn Summer Glau was part of that project, Summer fans were amazed by the complexity and apparent high budget allocated to it, considering the site with high concept 3D visuals, the videos, the packages sent to various websites : this was one of the arguments, along with Summer going to NYCC, used by fans to say that there was more about HPP than a simple online game and gum adverstising.

The future events proved they were wrong : HPP is just an online interactive game aimed at promoting Wrigley's 5 Gum and Summer went at NYCC to promote the brand much to the chagrin of some fans.

We don't know how much Wrigley has spent to develop the game, yet it must have been expensive; but the recent videos featuring Summer Glau were made for cheap because Wrigley basically edited videos made one year ago for the launch of 5 Gum new flavors (Rain, Cobalt, Flare, Elixir, Solstice) and inserted Summer's messages (see below the one year old videos made for the lauch of the flavors). Even if they tried to connect the previous videos and Summer's message, the editing shows clearly. More, Summer is only recitating her line in front of a camera, no serious acting is involved.

The filming of the second video with her dad is even more simple : you see a hand in front of the camera playing with sunlights and Summer's face. They used basic tricks like jerky images of faded voices to make it look more mysterious but it's really cheap.

Lol at comments on another site asking when Summer's story will begin; it has already began and we won't get much more than Summer in front of a camera saying a few lines. I bet she will never physically meet Terry O'Quinn on the screen even if Summer said at NYCC that their characters are connected.

What did Natalia reveal in her last video (see post above)?

She's annoucing the next icefly treasure hunt as well as the promotion of 5 Gum new flavor, Swerve. How can i be so sure? I'm not but you can thrust me

I didn't know that there is anybody still who doesn't know that this whole affair is just and elaborate and very clever huge scale scam. You pay money so you can play a bunch of browser games similar you can find hundreds on the net for totally free. Clever because they get money from the prices of the codes and get the standard benefit from advertising.

They only had to hire two relatively popular actors so they surely bring their huge fanbases too. They say a few lines, get a small fee and thats it. And it works for them it seems.

In the meantime Summer works against us and they are using our dedication towards her against us too. Its not her fault or anybodys, its just business.

Seriously, I love Summer more than any actor ever, I saw everything she was in more than I could count it, even saw Initation of Sarah multiple times which was written to teenage girls just because she was in it and I would have spent the whole of my Holiday money just to meet her in London but I don't and won't play this because its not about Summer and her acting talent and Summer knows it too.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Fox012Date: Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 07:59 | Message # 51
Quote (Fermi)
Anyone more than me playing this game? and what are your progress?I solved all the puzzles on facility 1, command central. I've one more left to solve on facility 2.

I Do or should i Say I did I Just Solved the Facility 2 and found Summer in the command center but I´m stuck at Facility 3 due to the lack of Keys and those ice fly packs are only sold in the States nor i would buy them

AFAIK it would be Illegal "pressure to buy" in Germany normaly there should be a way to get codes without bying that stupid gum so I´m stuck For now Unless i Get codes / keys but Fermi where did you find the latest Summer video ?!

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 09:04 | Message # 52
Quote (Blazius)
I didn't know that there is anybody still who doesn't know that this whole affair is just and elaborate and very clever huge scale scam.

Comment seen on Youtube
If this turns out to be a regular series. I hope it does, it sounds like it would have great potential. I hope Summer has a lead role.
slickdewmaster il y a11 heures

I made a little detour to last week events but the misconception i wanted to point out is mostly that the recent videos of Summer Glau did not cost Wrigley a lot of money since they re-used old videos.

If we've been fooled, it's because we expected too much before even knowing what it was about; as you said the campaing smartly worked on that because there was little to no sign of 5 Gum until recently (mimicking virals for tv shows or movies on this one).

By the end of August Wrigley said about 600 000 people have participated to the game in one way or another. That was before Summer's appearance and we don't have recent numbers yet.

You know i like to back up what i'm saying with numbers. The screencap below shows you the number of views for 3 videos of the MissionIcefly channel on Youtube : as you can see Terry O'Quinn video got more than one million views whereas the recent videos got ...less views. Of course you cannot compare the numbers because the fist one was added 3 months ago and was uploaded during the peek of the viral (before Summer).

As for Summer's involvement, it's just a new gig, just like when she voiced Kara in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

I don't think we should be so Summer-centric about that game (and the fact we have to buy gums) : the players were there long before Summer's input. To that regard, it would be interesting to count the extra players who registered at survival.com after Summer showed up.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 16:43

FermiDate: Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 23:00 | Message # 53
Quote (Fox012)
but Fermi where did you find the latest Summer video ?!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MissionIcefly

Quote (michelangelo)
5 gum was introduced to United States markets in March 2007, in Canada in January 2008, in Russia, Europe and Australia in 2009, in China, India, Italy, Israel, Thailand, and Malaysia in 2010."

Yes, but they sell them with codes in US only.

Anyone here that is from the united states and can get codes?

FordStaffDate: Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 23:06 | Message # 54
How do I get the codes, just buy 5 gum?

If that is all I suppose I could help get some codes; I am in the United States and without gum at this time.

Message edited by FordStaff - Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 23:08

FermiDate: Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 23:43 | Message # 55
Quote (Fox012)
I Just Solved the Facility 2

Do you remember what you did here I rotated the all blocks and got a logfile, but it still says 0% completed in the command central.

Note: if posting any solutions add a spoilertag
Attachments: 3972420.png(325.8 Kb) · 6634927.png(242.6 Kb)

FermiDate: Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 23:53 | Message # 56
Quote (FordStaff)
How do I get the codes, just buy 5 gum?

Yes they sell the gum at Walmart, only the packages that is marked with an Icefly contains codes.

Attachments: 4091455.jpg(255.9 Kb)

FordStaffDate: Sunday, 23 Oct 2011, 00:03 | Message # 57
Yes they sell the gum at Walmart, only the packages that is marked with an Icefly contains codes.

I will get some in a couple hours or so then. Should I just post the codes right in this thread? Also how many would be a good amount, I can not get too many, but I like to have several extra any ways?

Message edited by FordStaff - Sunday, 23 Oct 2011, 00:05

FermiDate: Sunday, 23 Oct 2011, 00:17 | Message # 58
Quote (FordStaff)
Should I just post the codes right in this thread?

No they only works once. Send me a PM Instead.

Quote (FordStaff)
Also how many would be a good amount

So far, I only need two.

Edit: five

Fox012Date: Sunday, 23 Oct 2011, 01:16 | Message # 59
Quote (Fermi)
Quote (FordStaff)Should I just post the codes right in this thread?No they only works once. Send me a PM Instead.Quote (FordStaff)Also how many would be a good amountSo far, I only need two.

Hi Fermi The Soloution you will find in Logfile #31 in the last frame Below the icefly you can obtain the logfile by playing the lava (chain-reaction) game up to level 15 and for keys you need AFAIK 10 Constellation Key´s and another 3 Facility Keys so you are in need of approx 13 Packs of 5 gum (does not matter what flavor) with an Approx cost of 1,50 $ per pack you dump more then 10 $ to HPP and thats just the goal of Wrigleys It all comes down to $$$

Fermi if you want a screencap rather then solving the lava game let me know

@Fordstaff u Give away the Keys 4 free ?

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Message edited by Fox012 - Sunday, 23 Oct 2011, 01:33

FermiDate: Sunday, 23 Oct 2011, 01:33 | Message # 60
Quote (Fox012)

Hi Fermi The Soloution you will find in Logfile #31

Thank you I got it

Quote (Fox012)
Fermi if you want a screencap rathern then solving the lava game let me know

I already solved all 40, that was very boring tongue

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » The Human Preservation Project
Search: