menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 9
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » The Human Preservation Project
The Human Preservation Project
chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 13 Oct 2011, 22:10 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators

1) Viral start
The viral started as early as end May 2011; DC Comics readers discovered QR/morses codes in Wrigley (5 gum) packages. Deciphered and scanned, theses codes led to a website TestSubjectsNeeded.com.

This first viral site invited the users to answer a strange interactive questionnaire in order to get an ID for the Human Preservation Project.

On june 10th 2011, thousands of paper helicopters with glowing LED lights have been dropped by parachutists during the musical festival Bonnaroo (see video)

This LED devices are provided with a code leading to missionicefly.com. This second viral website unveils a countdown scheduled to June 30th 2011, which ultimately leads to the names of 15 american cities.

2) Treasure hunt
Then a treasure hunt is organised based on the datas collected previously :

The goal is to discover a cylinder containing a lighted fly; the name of the winners have been published on the viral website Mission Firefly (see pics)

You can find all the pictures on Flickr : Mission Icefly gallery

3) Mission Icefly update
The final count down has unveiled a new video showing Lost's Terry O'Quinn in a mysterious video. At the very end of the video, the URL of a third viral website is showed : http://survivalcode.com/thegenesis

By following the url, we discover a new video of Terry O'Quinn, non crypted this time; at the end of the video, O'Quinn opens a box containing the same cylinder found by the treasure hunt contestants.
The door of a security facility in Alaska appears as well as a new count down, scheduled on July 16th.

And the little game goes on till the new episode involving Summer Glau that was unveiled today. See Summer Glau at New York Comic Con

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 17:37

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 13 Oct 2011, 22:12 | Message # 2
If the involvement of 5 Gum (Wrigley) is a sure thing, it may be only a part of the puzzle, covering something bigger like a game. More in the next episode.

reiverDate: Thursday, 13 Oct 2011, 23:58 | Message # 3
Group: Friends
Human Preservation Project - Video with Summer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgCt9HF5a6M&feature=player_embedded

i'm blind not deaf - IllidaN

FermiDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 00:01 | Message # 4
This the radio and distress calls that buzz was describing

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 00:05 | Message # 5
This guy is good; he guessed this was Summer Glau's voice. Honestly, i don't know if i would have guessed if i was in this case.

But the important thing is that this guy who is in the entertainment business recognize that he has never received something that sophisticated in a viral campaign and that it has to be something big.

Let's hope it's not just a voice for a video game.

BlaziusDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 00:51 | Message # 6
Quote (michelangelo)
This guy is good; he guessed this was Summer Glau's voice. Honestly, i don't know if i would have guessed if i was in this case.

I've noticed Summer pronounces a few words in a more unique manner, thats where you can catch her and likely thats where the guy likely catched her too.

Otherwise it had to be tough because the sound wasn't in a good quality.

Quote (michelangelo)
Let's hope it's not just a voice for a video game.

Video games aren't advertised usually in this manner. You rather get just trailers with nifty graphics to raise interest.

Its likely as the guy said a new film or series or a webbased series(which wouldn't be that great IMO).

Interesting that now even two well known sci-fi personality is involved in this project.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 00:55

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 00:55 | Message # 7
Quote (Blazius)
Interesting that now even two well known sci-fi personality is involved in this project.

If a successfull sci-fi project cannot come up from Terry O'Quinn and Summer Glau, nothing can biggrin

BlaziusDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 01:02 | Message # 8
Quote michelangelo
If a successfull sci-fi project cannot come up from Terry O'Quinn and Summer Glau, nothing can

Thats what I think too.

BTW here is a video too:

reiverDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 01:40 | Message # 9
SECOND VIDEO OF HUMAN PRESERVATION PROJECT WITH SUMMER GLAU

perhaps we’re in for something big!!!

Message edited by reiver - Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 01:42

BlaziusDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 02:09 | Message # 10
Quote (reiver)
SECOND VIDEO OF HUMAN PRESERVATION PROJECT WITH SUMMER GLAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCMfIoYcYfo&feature=player_embedded

perhaps we’re in for something big!!!

Wow! We haven't had so much Summer Glau since the Alphas episode, I missed her so much.

I still can't figure out what it will be. My feelings are that it will be some form of series through the secrecy is confusing.

reiverDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 02:32 | Message # 11
well i think its a game but it definitely has a big budget and very good marketing!!!!
if you see the second video there might bee a slightly sinister overtone about the character of Natalia Suttinger!!!

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 09:45 | Message # 12
Let me restate the different possibilities what this viral campaign is really about :

1) The strong involvement of Wrigley's 5 Gum during the campaign could indicate it's only an advertisement for 5 Gum; there is several elements to back up this theory.
  • The first codes were found on Wrigley's 5 Gum ads and morse code on 5 Gum posters
  • Codes to enter www.survivalcode.com had to be found on 5 Gum packs
  • 5 Gum used such viral marketing campaigns in the past
  • Visuals of the videos nad websites, the general theme of senses fits with 5 Gum new flavours

But the recent appearances of Terry O'Quinn and Summer Glau in video have changed the story.

2) Based on the Dharma Initiative-like videos, it could be the first step of the promo for an upcoming movie, tv show, video (online?) game or a web serie; all the more that marketing company 42 Entertainment has already done the campaign for The Dark Knight or Tron in a recent past. You'll notice that there is no direct mention of a brand or product in Terry or Summer's video. In this case, 5 Gum would be only the sponsor paying for the expensive campaign; in other words, why so expensive and sophisticated campaign only for a chewing gum?

There is a third possibility that cannot be disregarded.

3) It could be 42 Entertainment doing a stand alone Alternate Reality Game (ARG), not leading to any movie, tv show or game in any way. Just like in the previous theory, 5 Gum is just the sponsor of the all thing, kinda like a product placement in a tv show, the program being an ARG and not a tv show in this case.
    Advertising agencies do this kind of things frequently to advertise their business and i don't see why a viral marketing agengy could not do the same.

As a conclusion, we have no blatant element to connect this viral to an upcoming event at this stage; that leaves the interrogation intact about Summer Glau and Terry O'Quinn's involvement in the future.
    The Wall Street Journal on August 8, 2011 said it was a promotion for Wrigley 5 chewing gum, yet the recent videos and Summer's coming at New York Comic Con on October 14th suggest there is more than just gum.

Stay tuned for the next (and final?) episode of this viral.

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 10:10
  •  
    chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 11:15 | Message # 13
    Strange ressemblances between Mission Icefly and Summer Glau's episode of Alphas.

The icefly in Mission Icefly and Skylar's bugs in Alphas looking very much alike .

Click on image for bigger size
    Mission Icefly

Compare the two videos : similar sounding intro music, same bug flying in the first images

Mission Icefly teaser

Summer Glau in Alphas 'Catch and Release' teaser

"Follow the Icefly" in the Mission Icefly similar to Gary's "Follow the Bug" in Alphas ep 7 'Catch and Release'

The Icefly cylinder looks like BOB

Also Alphas is about people with "heightened senses" like the senses Terry O'Quinn and Summer are talking about in their videos and highlightened in 5 Gum ads.

Seriously, there is zero connection between the two of them, except Summer Glau of course, but if found it funny to point some apparent similarities biggrin

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 13:57

reiverDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 23:13 | Message # 14
    I noticed she’s posing with a pack of gum in a couple pictures. I hope this whole thing wasn’t just for a gum campaign.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 23:54 | Message # 15
    Quote (reiver)
    I noticed she’s posing with a pack of gum in a couple pictures. I hope this whole thing wasn’t just for a gum campaign.

There is no evidence it's something bigger than a online game promoting 5 Gum; since yesterday i have made a lot of researches and found nothing that could prove the contrary. Today has not given us new information, one should admit the whole thing is what it looks like, a viral online game aimed at promoting Gum.
    Since i had no high expectations, i'm not disappointed. Summer Glau is a public figure and i'm glad 5 Gum has chosen her among other more well known actresses to promote its brand.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » The Human Preservation Project
    • Page 1 of 9
    • »
    Search: