menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » How to win an Oscar and other Hollywood patterns.
How to win an Oscar and other Hollywood patterns.
TheSaviorDate: Thursday, 14 Jul 2011, 15:55 | Message # 31
Group: Friends
I Liked Olivia in Tron Legacy.
In that role she was indeed sexy but also Shy and had a chance to have her acting skill used. Maybe her role wasent so indeep but she played well. So imo she isnt only sexy, she has some nice acting skill, is just that Hollywood didnt give her many chance to express herself in that way.

About Summer Glau i think that the new film coming this Spring 2012 KOB will be something new. I bet she will not play the mad-girl this time, or the emotional-less robot [scary robot]
And also the other one, Legend of Hellgate, will give her more visibility on the big screen. This time they are Films, non Telefilms, so maybe after them Summer will attract other roles...she could find some character she can fit in for some new way to act, but since she is always great in what she did, i'm sure she will fit ANY role she get casted for ^^

To me will be very interesting to see her AND Vin Diesel in some type of film like "Pitch Black" with the two of them being the pair of heroes, kicking enemies, shooting around, fighting togheter for the winning and so on...she is an Icon of the "strong girl" he is the "thogh Man" so the two of them, togheter will be something very Epic.

Nice Thread Michelangelo, very interesting to read all those different yet similar ideas and debate around them. Nice Job, well done.

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 14 Jul 2011, 16:10 | Message # 32
Quote (TheSavior)
To me will be very interesting to see her AND Vin Diesel in some type of film like "Pitch Black" with the two of them being the pair of heroes, kicking enemies, shooting around, fighting togheter for the winning and so on...she is an Icon of the "strong girl" he is the "thogh Man" so the two of them, togheter will be something very Epic.

I agree that something similar would be epic. Summer should preserve her tough girl image at all costs because thats what makes her unique, thats her signature. Changing it would be like a suicide run to her career.

What about a horror movie? She could play an avenging ghost or vampire. She could leave a pile of bodies behind once more. Also she is very good at playing creepy roles as well. Just a thought.

Quote (TheSavior)
Nice Thread Michelangelo, very interesting to read all those different yet similar ideas and debate around them. Nice Job, well done.

I enjoy this thread very much too! You really know what you are doing michelangelo!

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

GraniteDate: Thursday, 14 Jul 2011, 16:27 | Message # 33
By the way, about the beauty and talent for an actress - are two key properties that determine the success of his professional career. You can compare, I apologize in advance, with the speed and force attack in boxing. There are fans of high-speed fighters, there are fans of "puncher" - they have little understood one another. But the ring is a set of champions on both classes.

On the other hand, "beauty and talent", \ "the strength and speed," have each in different proportions. There are clumsy giants, who one time pure enough to hit, or superfast fighters, throwing barrage punches. But for the vast majority of fighters speed and strength are equally important. In the same way for actors.

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 14 Jul 2011, 17:50 | Message # 34
Group: Administrators
Quote (TheSavior)
And also the other one, Legend of Hellgate, will give her more visibility on the big screen. This time they are Films, non Telefilms, so maybe after them Summer will attract other roles

Legend of Hell's Gate and Knights of Badassdom are both independant films, meaning the're not produced by a major studio.

Hence a lower production budget but also a lower marketing budget if one. LOHG has no website for example and will probably have a limited release before going to DVD.
Things are a little different for Knights of Badassdom because it's notably produced by IndieVest Pictures, who also distribute their films. Going to San Diego Comic Con in Hall H is a great opportunity and one can hope it will have a larger release, especially if the film is well received at SDCC.

I don't think these films will do much for Summer's visibility.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 14 Jul 2011, 20:42 | Message # 35
@ TheSavior : that would be great to see Summer play with Vin Diesel but they're not in the same category by now.

@ Blazius : isn't Knights of Badassdom an horror movie?

@ Granite : A boxer cannot have both strenght and rapidity (except Mohamed Ali) but Summer Glau has both beauty and talent, she could play any role as mentioned TheSavior. She coud play in a romantic comedy for example.

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 14 Jul 2011, 21:54

GraniteDate: Thursday, 14 Jul 2011, 21:38 | Message # 36
I do not understand the question wacko

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

BlaziusDate: Friday, 15 Jul 2011, 02:52 | Message # 37
Quote (michelangelo)
Blazius : isn't Knights of Badassdom an horror movie?

Is it? I always thought that its more like a horror comedy than a pure horror. I think the two are not really the same thing.

Quote (michelangelo)
A boxer cannot have both strenght and rapidity (except Mohamed Ali) but Summer Glau has both beauty and talent, she could play any role as mentioned TheSavior. She coud play in a romantic comedy for example.

Summer is like the Mohamed Ali of Hollywood, except she hits harder with her smile than Ali ever could with his fist cool

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 15 Jul 2011, 09:29 | Message # 38
Quote (Blazius)
Is it? I always thought that its more like a horror comedy than a pure horror. I think the two are not really the same thing.

You're right; KOB's resume says : "Knights of Badassdom— In this humorous fantasy adventure"

I've seen behind-the-scene picts and i can tell you there is a lot of blood and cut arms or heads in KOB, though. I don't know what tone Joe Lynch wanted to give to his film. I would definitively prefer an horror comedy.

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 17 Aug 2011, 18:01 | Message # 39
I'm sure a lot of people are interested to know how much a television actors earns per episode; we hear about the salaries of movies actors much more often.
Deadline reported the salary bumps of The Mentalist, a successful serie in its fourth season on CBS.

Like Baker, co-stars Robin Tunney, Amanda Righetti, Tim Kang and Owain Yeoman have all added an extra year to their existing six-year contracts. In exchange, I hear Tunney, who was most recently at about $75,000 an episode, will now go up to over $100,000 an episode next season with built-in yearly salary increases that will bring her up to almost $200,000 per episode at the end of her contract. Word is that Righetti, Kang and Yeoman, who were in the $40,000-$50,000 per episode range, are going up to $70,000-$80,000 an episode with escalators that will take them to over $100,000 in Season 6 and all the way to $150,000 per episode in Season 7. Under Baker's renegotiated deal, valued at more than $30 million, he is now making $350,000 an episode, a fee that is slated to go up every season, in addition to a significant piece of the series' back end. The Mentalist was sold in off-network syndication in November 2009 in a rich deal with TNT that is fetching Warner Bros. $2.2 million-$2.3 million an episode.

Source : 'The Mentalist' Co-Stars Get Salary Bumps

Side notes :
* Owain Yeoman played the Terminator (also known as Mr Fergusson) in TSCC's pilot
* Ashton Kutcher, who replaced Charlie Sheen, is reportedly earning "between US$800,000 and US$900,000" per episode on Two and a Half Men, making him the most paid actor on tv.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011, 18:48 | Message # 40
Denise Richards might guest star in 'Two And A Half Men' premiere reveals huffingtonpost.com.
A you may know, veteran Sharlie Sheen has been fired from the show because of his bad behaviours and replaced by Ashton Kutcher.

So what?
The fun part of Denise Richard guest spot is that she's Charlie Sheen ex-wife, nasty don't you think?
CBS expect the audience to go to the roof.

DevoDate: Wednesday, 24 Aug 2011, 08:11 | Message # 41
Quote (michelangelo)
Denise Richards might guest star in 'Two And A Half Men' premiere reveals huffingtonpost.com. A you may know, veteran Sharlie Sheen has been fired from the show because of his bad behaviours and replaced by Ashton Kutcher. So what? The fun part of Denise Richard guest spot is that she's Charlie Sheen ex-wife, nasty don't you think? CBS expect the audience to go to the roof.

Baiting lowest common denominator.

I really wish people watched good shows that I like, instead of shows I have running in the background while making supper because they are 'okay' and not as bad as that other mediocre sitcom on the competing network.

It's tragic.

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 24 Aug 2011, 09:21 | Message # 42
Quote (Devo)
Baiting lowest common denominator.

I really wish people watched good shows that I like, instead of shows I have running in the background while making supper because they are 'okay' and not as bad as that other mediocre sitcom on the competing network.

It's tragic.

So is modern tv. Tragic as you said.

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 26 Sep 2011, 22:17 | Message # 43
While i don't give a dam about the fact that Sean Maher reveals he's gay in an article with Entertainment Weekly, there is one or two things i find worth mentioning.

I’m 22, I move to L.A., and it’s such a cliché, but the day I arrive, publicists from the show (Fox’s short-lived cop drama Ryan Caulfield: Year One) took me out to The Ivy for lunch,” he remembers. “They’re telling me, ‘You know, gosh, we’d really appreciate it if you could keep your girlfriend on the side because we want to appeal to the female demographic of the show.

...right before I left New York [where he went to college at NYU], I had my manager tell me: ‘You need to get a girl on your arm or people will start talking.’ I remember telling him: ‘I’m gay.’ He had no idea. And he said: ‘All the more reason to get a girl on your arm.’ My agent was also like, ‘It’s best if you keep your options open. Maybe bisexual?’”

It seems that things haven't changed that much in Hollywood from the time when the Hollywood majors production companies decided about the professional and private life of the actors who were under contract with them. It was the time when producers "auditioned" the starlets on the couch of their office and they decided who was dating who for the interest of the majors. It was unthinkable at the time for a male star to reveal he was gay (Rock Hudson for example) and it was forbidden to make an allusion to homosexuality in movies at the time (Hays code).

Of course things have changed both on the majors side and on the actors side (especially since the independant production companies showed up).
As i said on numerous occasions on the Summer Glau Wiki, i am not interested in the actor's private life (but how you not stumble on an article or tv coverage) and prefer to focus on their acting performance; that said, will we have to wait another ten year for another male actor who worked with Summer to make his coming out?

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 27 Sep 2011, 09:00 | Message # 44
Quote (michelangelo)
Sean Maher reveals he's gay

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo !!!!

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 28 Sep 2011, 11:46 | Message # 45
The following news doesn't belong in this thread but it was so funny i couldn't resist reporting it.

Is Nicolas Cage a Vampire from the Civil War Era?

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

This image of the Cage double comes from an actual Civil War photograph, making the actor almost 200 years old (or older) if he was a vamp before that period in history.

image courtesy of ABC News

Read full article at : ABC news

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 28 Sep 2011, 11:49

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » How to win an Oscar and other Hollywood patterns.
Search: