menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » 10 Stars With Bad TV Luck
10 Stars With Bad TV Luck
chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 09 Jul 2011, 14:08 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Some of you are ready to let off steam as soon as you've seen the title but before you smash your computer out of rage, i can assure you there is no reason.

Summer Glau is not on the list set up by AOL.tv

Quote (AOL.tv)
Actors can work for years before they get their big break, going from project to project, floundering away on struggling sitcoms and concept-heavy dramas until their luck changes and -- blamo! -- they're on a successful show raking in six figures per episode.

These thespians aren't quite show-killers -- they just have bad luck!

I reproduce here 2 examples that seems interesting to me, especially Katee Sackhoff's. It looks like these lines had been written for Summer and not Katee but the writer changed names because he was afraid of dedicated fans's reactions.

Blair Underwood
Blair Underwood is many things. Smart, sexy, commanding, sexy, funny, dramatic ... did we mention sexy? The one thing he's most certainly not: Good at choosing TV projects. Sure he got a huge career break with 'L.A. Law' (which he was on from 1987-1994), but since then? Yikes. 'LAX,' 'Dirty Sexy Money' and 'The Event' are just the more recent of his TV flops. Isn't there someone in need of a hot new love interest in primetime? Please?

Katee Sackhoff
If we were supposed to predict that a sexy, charming, charismatic woman would fail on almost every post-'Battlestar Galactica' TV show, we'd never guess. She's done fairly well with guest spots ('Big Bang Theory,' 'Robot Chicken,' 'Nip/Tuck'), but when it comes to leading roles ('Bionic Woman,' '24') she almost always falls flat. Our suggestion? Maybe give her a non-cop, non-detective, non-badass chick role; it might break her out of the mold and push her into a whole new realm.

That means despite the stupid "Glau curse" rumor, honest journalist, specialized on tv btw, recognize she is not among the top "bad luck" tv actors; don't get me wrong, she COULD have been on the list but that changes nothing to the fact this is just bad luck and nothing else.

She may be not on the list but Summer is on the comments made by readers; i'm glad the answers have been intelligent and made sense so far. Feel free to leave one yourself if you're in the mood.

Source : 10 Stars With Bad TV Luck at at AOL.tv

Things that might interest you :
Why i have faith in Summer Glau.
Have the networks given up on serialized scifi shows?
Summers Secret project
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 09:02 | Message # 2
Rant of the Day :
we all agree on this site that the so called "Summer Glau curse" is just stupid but there is still people who pretend to be journalist that use that trick on their article.

The Cape (also from NBC) was pretty much unwatchable, in my opinion, and led me to formulate the theory that it's not Firefly's Nathan Fillion who was cursed to be on failed shows constantly (as proved by his hit series Castle on ABC) but Summer Glau, who hasn't lasted more than two seasons on any series.

So what will he say when Summer Glau turn will come and she lands on a succesfull serie or movie, just like Nathan Fillion did before her?

And then he says at the end of the article :
SyFy has a couple of really fun programs on their summer slate in Warehouse 13 and Haven, so I'm hopeful that Alphas can join them. But I won't be surprised if it fails to click, because there's not a lot here that hasn't been done before, and if bigger networks than SyFy have failed to capitalize on the superhero movie craze, why should they be any different?

So is it the scifi genre that fails on tv these days or is it Summer Glau? Id like to understand?

I usually try not to reply when i see it on an article but his reasoning is so stupid that i couldn't resist this time; it's not possible to comment the article but you can send a message to the author by clicking on its name (use this email generator http://www.yopmail.com/email-generator.php if you like).

Side note : this is not the Summer Glau Wiki officially starting a lynching, just individuals using their good sense when they see bad articles.

Source : Jeff Ritter at The Trades.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 09:03

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 16:57 | Message # 3
Rant of the Day number 2 :

A blogger from "The Three Idiots Ninjas" wanted to sound interesting and gain some traffic so he made a post about "Summer Glau curse" and tweeted about it.
I send him a few polite messages explaining why he was wrong and the Idiot Ninjas think this is from distincts person so he took the time to answer some of them.
At least his answers shows he is a fan of Summer and her work so i will stop; i hope next time he will make a more interesting blog post.

http://three-ninjas.co.uk/2011/07/the-curse-of-summer-glau/

Edit : and he has sense of humour
@GreatGothNinja The Great Goth Ninja
Note to self: Do not jokingly suggest Summer Glau is a curse. The Interwebz don't like it.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 17:34

PendragonDate: Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 17:33 | Message # 4
Group: Users
You realise every comment logs your IP address and details. So The admin can see that you are one person not multiple?

It just polite to respond to the multiple voices in your head seeing as you went to all the trouble of pretending to be multiple people.

Also have you ever heard of a word called "Joke" you really took the post seriously?

biggrin

DevoDate: Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 17:38 | Message # 5
Group: Friends
Quote (Pendragon)
You realise every comment logs your IP address and details. So The admin can see that you are one person not multiple? It just polite to respond to the multiple voices in your head seeing as you went to all the trouble of pretending to be multiple people. Also have you ever heard of a word called "Joke" you really took the post seriously?

We don't joke about things that have caused direct hurt to Summer. Especially when 'curses' are bullshit and about as real as The Rapture or The Easter Bunny.

She has mentioned that she has read comments like 'show killer' in interviews.

It's not fucking funny.

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 18:15 | Message # 6
Quote (Pendragon)
Also have you ever heard of a word called "Joke" you really took the post seriously?

Of course not, as you mentioned it in you answers to my multiples messages.
You proved you're a fan.
But seriously, even as a joke, i think you give credit to the REAL idiots who keep tweeting about this.

Side note : i did not log with my real ip biggrin

Edit : i see we share the same opinion Devo.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 18:17

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » 10 Stars With Bad TV Luck
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: