menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » The TSCC wiki relocates...maybe
The TSCC wiki relocates...maybe
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Thursday, 23 Jun 2011 - 07:59
Group: Administrators
A majority of our viewers are TSCC fans this is why i relay the info.
The TSCC Wiki known as "Blue Wiki" moves because of the problems generated by their host.

New location will be : http://tsccfans.freeforums.org/ if the decision is made to move.

Maybe Fermi could make a testimony of his own experience.

m1919
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: The Future of the TSCC Community.
1 minute ago
Due to the increasingly deteriorating condition of the Wetpaint wiki platform, and the installation of everyone's favorite piece of company promoted malware, we think it's time to abandon the wikis before they go offline. Judging by the current state of the place, that's probably not going to be too far in the future.

http://tsccfans.freeforums.org/index.php

This is a site that was started by Kaotic about a year ago as a backup in case the wikis went down. This was during the first round of server synching issues that rendered the site almost entirely unusable. The issues were resolved fairly quickly and the site became a writing resource instead, but now that it becomes more and more clear Wetpaint is bleeding out, we think it would be a good idea to move over there before the sites go down.

-----------------------------------------
Personally, I give the platform one chance in three of surviving past another year, so I'm encouraging everyone to at least sign up there in preparation for Wetpaint's self-destruction.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 24 Jun 2011, 17:14

Fermi Post # 2 | Thursday, 23 Jun 2011 - 08:29
I understand them it can only continue to go downhill with wettaint. When we moved here we lost some of the traffic and contributing members, but found new ones. We did not have any choice. We needed to think about the future of the site.

You can't stop the signal!

Granite Post # 3 | Thursday, 23 Jun 2011 - 10:50
Group: Friends
Sadly - created anew forum, lost a huge amount of information. It is bad that could not transfer information to a new server ...

Update @Fermi - Yes

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Message edited by Granite - Thursday, 23 Jun 2011, 14:15

Fermi Post # 4 | Thursday, 23 Jun 2011 - 13:23
Quote (Granite)
Sadly - created a new forum, lost a huge amount of information. It is bad that could not transfer information to a new server ...

You talking about the old threads?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Thursday, 14 Jul 2011 - 15:06
Wettaint turned the wikis to read-only mode for three days (maintenance mode).

This is what Wetpaint Central reports:

Wetpaint's Down Time
As many of you noticed, around 10 PM on Monday, Wetpaint went into read-only mode, also known as Maintenance mode. This last up until early this morning. Their master DB server experienced some problems over the weekend which corrupted files on the slave DB's. They tried to fix it on Tuesday, but the fix was a failure. Yesterday, they made a new one, and now Wetpaint is back online. We know there was a problem. Please don't post threads about this. Thanks. "

Might this help you fellow readers if one day you decide to create a website.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 6 | Thursday, 14 Jul 2011 - 16:24
Never had any problem like this with Ucoz, here they also give us a lot of control over the site.
I highly recommend Ucoz to anyone who want to construct a website.

Devo Post # 7 | Thursday, 14 Jul 2011 - 17:17
Group: Friends
wettaint

i lol'd

That about sums up that awful webhost. lol

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » The TSCC wiki relocates...maybe
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: