menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Justin Lin Possibly Directing a New TERMINATOR Film ?
Justin Lin Possibly Directing a New TERMINATOR Film ?
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Thursday, 14 Apr 2011 - 16:35
Group: Administrators
It was already reported that "Fast Five" director Justin Lin was rumored to direct Terminator 5, given that Universal was interested in resurrecting the Terminator franchise.

Now Lin was asked about the project during a press conference :

Journalist : Speaking of big-budget movies and studio franchises, there’s a lot of talk about you getting to do the Terminator franchise. Is this happening? Are you looking forward to it?

JUSTIN LIN: I have options. Terminator was one of my favorite films growing up. And I feel I have a take that I would love to see, and I’ve talked with Arnold (Schwarzenegger) and we’ve talked and we’ll see. Again, I would love to do it, but it has to be the right circumstances. It has to be the right people. And there’s other projects too.

Full article at collider.com : Director Justin Lin Talks about Possibility of Directing a New TERMINATOR Film

Attachments: 8083409.jpg(51.6 Kb)

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 14 Apr 2011, 23:24

Fermi Post # 2 | Thursday, 14 Apr 2011 - 20:39
Haha I read a very cruel April joke about this.

Director Justin Lin To Cast Johnny Knoxville As John Connor In Terminator 5

biggrin

read the entire joke here http://www.theterminatorfans.com/news/2011/01-4-11.html

You can't stop the signal!

Fermi Post # 3 | Thursday, 14 Apr 2011 - 23:06
After reading the comments on the article michelagelo posted. I wonder why so many people hated Salvation. It was an OK action movie, I did not expect more of it. I'm glad that there were no timetravel and wanna see a continuation on the future war story, Bale was OK as John Connor.

I recall from the discussions at the old terminator site that most people liked the movie after watching it on the cinema, but later totally changed their opinion and now saying the whole movie sucked.

Fermi Post # 4 | Friday, 15 Apr 2011 - 17:06
I hope Justin understand the benefit in hiring Summer Glau as a terminatrix for this.

Devo Post # 5 | Friday, 15 Apr 2011 - 19:34
Group: Friends
I am weary of another music video shaky cam type director like McG doing another one.

I thought TS was better than T3 but that isn't saying much.

I wonder if Arnold could produce and maybe direct a good T5?

Who would really be a good director for T5 that you can think of? Stallone maybe?

There is a problem with mixing the TSCC universe with the film universe as some fans of the film don't like the show. But I think would be cool if Summer played the bad terminator in a film that doesn't have to be Cameron but like Arnold several copies of the same design are mass produced.

I think that would please both factions for the most part. biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 6 | Friday, 15 Apr 2011 - 23:49
As Devo said, you don't have to mix the movie and tv show universe, just have Summer Glau play a terminator model. It doesn't have to be the Cameron we know from the tv show.

Fermi Post # 7 | Saturday, 16 Apr 2011 - 16:23
I agree, she should not be Cameron in this one. An early TX model or a completely new kind of terminator would be great.

Fermi Post # 8 | Monday, 25 Apr 2011 - 21:06
Vin Diesel as a terminator (speculation)

http://www.moviehole.net/2011399....minator

Jason_Connor Post # 9 | Wednesday, 27 Apr 2011 - 04:00
Arnold Schwarzenegger is returning for Terminator 5

http://movies.ign.com/articles/116/1164320p1.html

This could be good for Summer, If she did get a role she would be working with the orginal Terminator which could probably help with her career

Fermi Post # 10 | Wednesday, 27 Apr 2011 - 12:02
It is very confusing for me how the terminator copyright works the rights will revert back to James Cameron in 2018?

This is good news finally stuff are happening ever since Halcyon went bust and Pacificor got the rights it has been quiet.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 11 | Saturday, 30 Apr 2011 - 16:02
Arnold Schwarzenegger's next film won't be Terminator 5; anyway the T5 deal is just a rights deal with Arnold as the lead and Justin Lin as the director that is proposed to studios but no screenwriter and no studio is attached to the project at this time.
Arnold picked up a drama called "Cry Macho" and is said to be filming as early as this summer afrter the funds are raised. Arnold is not new to this film but stopped because of politics a decade's ago.
Synopsis :
"He will play a damaged-goods horse trainer who’s just been ignominiously put out to pasture by his feckless boss. In exchange for some retirement money, the broken — and broke — horseman agrees to kidnap the boss’s 11-year-old son from his rich Mexican ex-wife. Things take an unexpected turn, however, when the ex-wife is all too glad to be rid of her juvenile delinquent."

Source : Arnold Schwarzenegger Picks His Next Film: Cry Macho

chrisdvanne_ Post # 12 | Saturday, 30 Apr 2011 - 16:32
Justin Lin gave a french movie magazine an interview where he says that Pacificor (the rights owner of Terminator) approached him asking if he had an idea for the franchise.
Lin said he had "The Idea"; apparently he convinced them and also Arnold (see package offer).
Lin said he wants the human to be at the heart of the story "because if you take human off, there's just robots left"

Source : Exclusif : Justin Lin parle de TERMINATOR 5
For those who don't speak french, Collider made an article about this interview at FAST FIVE Director Justin Lin Talks TERMINATOR 5

Devo Post # 13 | Saturday, 30 Apr 2011 - 17:28
Quote (michelangelo)
Justin Lin gave a french movie magazine an interview where he says that Pacificor (the rights owner of Terminator) approached him asking if he had an idea for the franchise. Lin said he had "The Idea"; apparently he convinced them and also Arnold (see package offer). Lin said he wants the human to be at the heart of the story "because if you take human off, there's just robots left" Source : Exclusif : Justin Lin parle de TERMINATOR 5 For those who don't speak french, Collider made an article about this interview at FAST FIVE Director Justin Lin Talks TERMINATOR 5

Disaster waiting to happen. yet another dipshit who doesn't understand the franchise.

Anyone who doesn't realize that the cyborgs are what makes the franchise interesting should not be directing the film.

All of my rage.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 14 | Sunday, 01 May 2011 - 00:55
Quote (Devo)
Anyone who doesn't realize that the cyborgs are what makes the franchise interesting should not be directing the film.

Exactly!
From T1 to T2, the most interesting part was the evolution of the cyborg (Arnold) from a cold blooded killer to a machine that tries to feel what humans feels (nice scenes between Arnold and John and even with Sarah on T2); TSCC embraces this path and Cameron trying to feel was the most interesting part of it. Not to mention the rogue T1000 faction leaded by Catherine Weaver. In T4, the Terminator played by Sam Worthington was more interesting that John Connor played by Christian Bale.
Though i'm sure Arnold is aware of that and wouldn't say yes to a film where the Terminator would not be at the center of the plot.

Fermi Post # 15 | Thursday, 05 May 2011 - 21:48
Lin said in an new interview that this movie could likely ignore the events of Terminator 3 and Terminator Salvation.

Quote ("lin")
"To me, thematically, there are certain things that I want to see in a Terminator movie. A lot of that does draw back to creating this timeline that is an extension, closer tonally to the first and second movies. But to me, it's not as mathematical as, 'Hey, let's get everybody back together and we'll shoot the movie'."

I dont like the sound of this http://www.nme.com/filmand....6

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Justin Lin Possibly Directing a New TERMINATOR Film ?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: