menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanfiction » Crossover fanfictions of any kind
Crossover fanfictions of any kind
KrelleK Post # 1 | Sunday, 30 Jan 2011 - 16:23
Group: Friends
Crossover fanfics of any kind biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Thursday, 10 Jan 2013 - 19:02
Group: Administrators
Well, the following book is a crossover between philisophy and Terminator (no kidding!)

Terminator and Philosophy: I'll Be Back, Therefore I Am (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series)

Terminator and Philosophy: I'll Be Back, Therefore I Am

Book Description
Publication Date: April 20, 2009 | Series: The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series (Book 13)
A timely book that uses science fiction to provoke reflection and discussion on philosophical issues

From the nature of mind to the ethics of AI and neural enhancement, science fiction thought experiments fire the philosophical imagination, encouraging us to think outside of the box about classic philosophical problems and even to envision new ones. Science Fiction and Philosophy explores puzzles about virtual reality, transhumanism, whether time travel is possible, the nature of artificial intelligence, and topics in neuroethics, among other timely issues. This thought-provoking volume is suitable for students and general readers but also examines new and more advanced topics of interest to seasoned philosophers and scientists.

Susan Schneider (Hometown TK) is Assistant Professor in the department of philosophy at the University of Pennsylvania and an Affiliated Faculty Member at the Institutes for Research in Cognitive Science and Center for Cognitive Neuroscience.

You can buy it on Amazon or read it in PDF format.

Summer Glau is mentioned in pages 29 and 205 for her role as Cameron in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Alex Post # 3 | Thursday, 10 Jan 2013 - 20:23
Group: Bloggers
(chrisdvanne)
Summer Glau is mentioned in pages 29 and 205 for her role as Cameron in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Looks interesting - I would be willing to bet money that in 50 years time people will still be talking about Summer's portrayal of Cameron as an artificial intelligence "being" that stretched the boundaries of how people think about robotics and how we as people (or some would say meat-based lifeforms or meat-ware) relate to robots.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 4 | Thursday, 10 Jan 2013 - 21:02
(Alex)
I would be willing to bet money that in 50 years time people will still be talking about Summer's portrayal of Cameron as an artificial intelligence "being" that stretched the boundaries of how people think about robotics and how we as people (or some would say meat-based lifeforms or meat-ware) relate to robots.

Maybe...or Cameron could also be remembered as John's personal fembot tongue

'The Fembot Chronicles' on Amazon

Excerpt :
Sex, The Final Frontier
[...]
And if you watched Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, you'll recall Sarah having to tell Cameron more than once, "Would you mind covering up?"

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Friday, 11 Jan 2013 - 14:54
Loads of fanfiction or fanart have already explored the love story between John and Cameron, often with explicit descriptions, i am sure one or two include fembots; i am a strong proponent of the free interpretation of the artists (in fanfiction or fanart or books).

The translation of these fantasies into reality is up to everyone's imagination and taste. But in this case, i suggest we don't use graphic descriptions or allusions in the forum.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 6 | Tuesday, 15 Jan 2013 - 22:46
While we're talking about books, here's another one :

Serenity Found: More Unauthorized Essays on Joss Whedon's Firefly Universe (Smart Pop series)

You can browse through the content table and a few pages at Amazon.

The part on the women of the Whedonverse can be found at : River Tam and the Weaponized Women of the Whedonverse BY MICHAEL MARANO

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Friday, 22 Feb 2013 - 10:18
Allow me to reproduce DavinSunrider's message about a fanfiction he wrote (originally posted on the TSCC ff thread), this one:

I was invited to post a link here to my new 'TSCC'-'Chuck' crossover, so here it is:
'Chuck Versus Judgment Day' at fanfiction.net

'Chuck Versus Judgment Day' Summary: 'On April 17th, 2011, Chuck did not know three things: 1) One of the GRETAs was actually a cyborg from the future. 2) Sarah Walker had been targeted for termination. 3) The world was going to end in four days.'

(I just joined the site, so please excuse any n00b mistakes in this post)

I'd just finished going through 'Chuck' on DVD a couple months ago, and I'd gotten near the end of my annual viewing of TSCC about a month ago, when I had the idle thought that it would be fun if Summer Glau's GRETA on 'Chuck' was really Cameron.

Once I sat down to think about how that would actually work, the idea quickly snowballed into an actual serious story, which I finished about a week ago after two weeks of frenzied writing of up to 30 pages per day because the idea would not leave me alone. Seriously; this story got me so excited I wrote over 43,500 words (121 pages on my word processor) in less than two weeks. That is unbelievably fast for me, and I've taken it as a sign that I'm onto something here.

Though the story is already finished, I'm planning to post one chapter per week to allow for any additional editing it might need. I've already shared it with a friend through e-mail, and he was super excited about it, so I hope for a good reaction.

As a little more about me, I've been writing fanfic since 2006, though I've mostly stuck to 'Legend of Zelda' and 'Star Wars' stories up until now. I haven't looked around much in the 'Chuck' section, and I haven't read much 'TSCC' stuff beyond 'The Secret Diary of Cameron Baum', which my aforementioned friend recommended. I watched TSCC in its original broadcast run, but I was so heartbroken by the cancellation that I didn't venture into fanfic until now out of desperate hope for an official continuation. (Which I still hope for. No fate!) I don't read much 'Firefly' fic beyond Peptuck's 'Forward' for much the same reasons. (Damn you, FOX network!)

However, as I mentioned, my idle thought snowballed into an actual story, one which came together so quickly I think I must have been subconsciously writing it in the back of my mind since 2009.

Hopefully 'Chuck Versus Judgment Day' will be as much fun to read as it was to write.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 8 | Tuesday, 28 May 2013 - 21:46
Moonlight Fanfiction "Crawling in the Dark", starring Alex O'Loughlin as Mick St. John and Summer Glau as vampire hunter Jade, written by Fofinha

Moonlight Fanfiction 'Crawling in the Dark', starring Alex O'Loughlin as Mick St. John and Summer Glau as vampire hunter Jade

As the Series Moonlight was cancelled way too quickly and even after years I still miss it, I decided to write a fanfiction.
In this story Beth never existed and I does not start at a certain point in the series…

Plot: Jade Connor is a huntress for six years now. Her prey: Vampires!
In L.A. she tries to track down a new lead to the vampire that destroyed her life and started her seek for revenge.
Problem is: Mick St. John seems to have similar goals, and they keep bumping into each other.
Can they work together? And what dark secrets are hidden behind Jades Coolness?

Trailer "Crawling in the Dark"

Clips used in the trailer:
Moonlight Season 1
Serenity
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 1 & 2
The Cape Season 1
Chuck S04 E08

The text is written in German!
Here’s the link for the fanfiction: Crawling in the Dark

KrelleK Post # 9 | Monday, 17 Jun 2013 - 00:58
love that smirk that Orwell is doing at 2:08-2:11

MattM Post # 10 | Tuesday, 25 Jun 2013 - 03:49
I think a good crossover would be Firefly/Serenity with one of the Mobile Suit Gundam series, particularly those set in the Universal Century timeline. I say this because River Tam seems to have attributes that apply to Newtypes, which include an extremely high degree of spatial awareness, high combat proficiency, and telepathy.

If you wish to know more about Mobile Suit Gundam, check out Gundam Wiki

Mobile Suit Gundam series

[Update]: I just found out that the series After War Gundam X would be best suited to cross over with Firefly/Serenity after spotting some similarities between the two franchises. Click here if you wish to read more about this series.

Message edited by MattM - Wednesday, 03 Jul 2013, 18:29

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanfiction » Crossover fanfictions of any kind
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: