To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanfiction » Description of Summer (Summer-based character's appearance for a story)
Description of Summer
Date: Tuesday, 2013 Jan 08, 23:50 GMT | Message # 1

Friends

Okay, so I'm writing a story that has a main protagonist I'm basing on Summer. What I'd like to know from you guys is how you would describe her; not just "flippin' gorgeous", but, like, list some things you consider unique to her, her best and worst traits, etc. It can even be something like her voice or her movements. Just something to put an image in the reader's mind, you know? If anyone replies to this, thanks a bunch in advance for your help.

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jan 09, 03:13 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

The most important is what kind of character she is in your story. Yes, she have a lot of thing unique to her, but they're meaning less without a way to use it. For example, when she played Skylar Adams in Alphas, she played the role of a mother and also a rebel, her way to move, to talk and express are unique to Skylar. You can see the difference when she play the role of Cameron in TSCC.

If you've written some fiction before, start with nothing isn't going to be a problem. But remember one thing, the important isn't the way the reader see Summer, its the way you want him to see her. The way you see her is all you need to give the same view to the readers. So the unique thing to her for you is the most important thing.

Message edited by robbs-servant - Wednesday, 2013 Jan 09, 03:45

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jan 09, 05:59 GMT | Message # 3

Bloggers

Well, she is smart, understated, and tends to be the quietest person in any group. She can display an intensity at times when she is excited which suggests that she can become quite absorbed in what interests her. In this, think of the sort of fascination that a child has for some activity that fascinates them and how much they react to some change. And I am not saying that she is childish but only that she has an ability to really focus on what is right in front of her or what she is interested in. I think that this is referred to as integration. It is a healthy trait and it would have served her well as a dancer, particularly as a student.

She is very light on her feet and can exhibit great control over her movements. Her taking on of a character is not just a mental discipline; she also can adopt a real physical set to her movements and general carriage so that she stays physically and mentally in character.

She has perhaps one of the most expressive faces ever seen. She has an ability to really open up her eyes, almost freakishly so. She also moves her eyes quite a bit. At times, they seem to lead her movements which, I suppose, would be important for a dancer. Perhaps because of her dance training, she tends to anticipate movements, particularly of others around her. As an extension of this, she also has a very reactive face. She can "give back" to anyone she is in a scene with a lot of expression and emotion.

I don't really know much about her personally, in fact I know nothing of her true nature (nor could I really as I am just a fan and not a family member or friend). But if the interviews she has given are any indication, she seems to have a friendly nature, she listens very intently, and she has a ready sense of humour and a quick wit. She is not at all afraid to laugh at herself and my guess is that she does not take herself too seriously. She is however very serious about the craft of acting.

Another thing that I have noticed is that she does not always give the same answer when asked the same question over and over. I believe that this is a sign of someone who is creative and original. This is tough to quantify and in fact I won't even try but I believe that one indication of a creative person is that they try to find new and different ways to handle a repeated task (such as answering questions about a particular film or TV show in press interviews). You can pretty much count on her giving unique answers most of the time and in that regard, it is difficult to predict what she is going to say.

Physically, I believe she has the quality that someone like Cate Blanchett has, or a Judy Dench, or Katherine Hepburn in that she has a quite unique look that is not only very pleasant to look at but also quite a draw. On paper, a simple description of her face is not all that unique or what one might consider beautiful but in plain sight, she is very interesting to watch and, yes, I have to say it, she is flippin gorgeous.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Date: Sunday, 2013 Jan 13, 04:16 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

Thanks, both of you! I actually do have a certain way this character carries herself and she has a very particular taste in fashion, so I think she can pull off getting an image of herself across to the readers. The bit about Summer's expressiveness and grace (considering how many fights this chick gets into, she'll need it!) helped flesh this character out as well.

It's funny: Plan A was to have her be somewhat disfigured and unattractive, but then I realized Summer Glau would be a good fit for her and, just like that, Plan A went out the window. biggrin

Date: Monday, 2013 Jun 17, 01:09 GMT | Message # 5

Friends

and her eyes: 2 brown jewels you can almost drown in :-)

and I will probabably end up repeating what others has already written, so I will just say that I agree with them. :-)

Date: Monday, 2013 Jun 17, 06:12 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

From personal experience, I sensed a warm, friendly, and welcoming vibe that she seemed to give off. This kind of vibe can put the most nervous person at ease and makes her very approchable to someone who's timid and shy. With this, she's the kind of person that everybody wants to be around and that can make friends with anyone pretty easily.

Message edited by MattM - Wednesday, 2013 Jun 19, 05:43

Date: Monday, 2013 Jun 17, 22:18 GMT | Message # 7

Friends

I would like to meet her one day, was close 2 years ago, but a job of her came in the way unfortunately

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jun 19, 05:43 GMT | Message # 8

Friends

I'm sure you'll get your chance, KrelleK

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanfiction » Description of Summer (Summer-based character's appearance for a story)
Page 1 of 11
Search: