menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanfiction » TSCC fanfictions (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles lives!)
TSCC fanfictions
Malfurion Post # 61 | Friday, 26 Aug 2011 - 13:49
Group: Friends
There a some really good fanfics and it´s always a pleasure to read those.
I just made my way through "Reunion" by The1Russter and this is extraordinary! Awesome how complex the story, the realtionships of the different characters are elaborate. Highly recommended!
I can strongly advise everybody to go to fanfiction.net and just read. biggrin

Shyness and Summer met one day, Shyness had to speak first.

ogy86 Post # 62 | Friday, 26 Aug 2011 - 16:18
Quote (Malfurion)
There a some really good fanfics and it´s always a pleasure to read those. I just made my way through "Reunion" by The1Russter and this is extraordinary! Awesome how complex the story, the realtionships of the different characters are elaborate. Highly recommended! I can strongly advise everybody to go to fanfiction.net and just read.

I totally agree with you :-)

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

Blazius Post # 63 | Friday, 26 Aug 2011 - 16:34
Quote (ogy86)
If you want a break from the serious stories, I can recommend for you the story "Secret Diary of Cameron Baum" by Pjazz. It's a humorous look at the world from Cameron's perspective. She comment on normal life situations in her specific way and often it are really funny glosses. But the story also has several action parts (Bad terminators, agents of secrets agencies...)
The story has 49 chapters, but author still writes new.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4450093/1/The_Secret_Diary_Of_Cameron_Baum

I have really liked this story. Maybe even because it is different than most of other

This is one of my favorites too!( I've noticed BTW that the author made a lot of updates since I read it so its time to get back reading it!) I like it because it continues the stellar "Cameron vs every day people" scenes I loved in the first season of TSCC but was sadly absent in the second season. I think the writer picked up the writing style very well.

Also its very unique because its from Camerons point of view. Moreover her thoughts are very mechanical and robotic while has the childish curiosity as well. Cameron had the same traits in the series and I think it fits her very well. I would certainly imagine her writing a diary like this.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

The1Russter Post # 64 | Friday, 26 Aug 2011 - 23:08
Group: Writer
Quote (Malfurion)
There a some really good fanfics and it´s always a pleasure to read those. I just made my way through "Reunion" by The1Russter and this is extraordinary! Awesome how complex the story, the realtionships of the different characters are elaborate. Highly recommended! I can strongly advise everybody to go to fanfiction.net and just read.

Thank you!

Reunion Revised Edition

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanne_ Post # 65 | Monday, 29 Aug 2011 - 21:19
Group: Administrators
@Russel
Still reading Reunion and enjoying it.

Two remarks :
1) there is a typo in chapter 6 (Ghosts from the Past), at the begining of paragraph 6 (###)
Derek and his team run through the tunnels to reach a location as close to the area on the map as he cn get without being observed. The Lieutenant, who saw him previously, could only wonder at the man's stamina as he leads them through the tunnels after drinking an entire tin of home made hooch. Half a tin of the paint stripper puts most men under the table, and this guy is running a damn marathon.

2) Chapter 7 (Rescue and Revelations), paragraph 3 (###)
Maybe you should find another way to express the idea of wellthness and avoid repeating the word 'expensive'; of course repetition of a word can be a stylistic device, i was not sure it was the case here.
The warehouse is cool, drafty and empty. There are two men in gray overalls leaning against a van waiting for someone. Car headlights suddenly show up in the dark. An expensive shiny Cadillac drives up and stops several feet from the men. A man in an expensive gray suit steps out and approaches the men. The men meet him halfway.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 30 Aug 2011, 08:39

The1Russter Post # 66 | Tuesday, 30 Aug 2011 - 14:30
Thanks for pointing out the errors. No matter how hard you work at making a story perfect, there is always something that slips through even with the aid of grammar and spell checkers. I'd feel worse if it were major, like plot hole or continuity error. Those are harder to fix. I know from experience.

As always, I'm grateful for when my readers point out errors like above. I strive to put forward the best work I can in all things. within my skills, talents, and desires, despite any physical hardship that may be present.

I've fixed my files and updated the chapters on fanfiction.net.

Thank you.

Message edited by The1Russter - Tuesday, 30 Aug 2011, 18:13

The1Russter Post # 67 | Saturday, 03 Sep 2011 - 02:24
There's another thread talking about "Easter Eggs" both deliberate and gratuitous within TV shows and films. I just thought I'd let you know that there are a few "Easter Eggs" in Reunion as well. Besides lines of dialogue ripped and flipped from TSCC or Terminator movies and integrated into my story, there are little nods to other sci-fi programs or films scattered throughout. Some are right in your face, whereas others are very subtle. I tried to keep as many as possible in the revised edition, even enhancing one of them. I'd be curious to see how many of them you spot. I've lost track of how many I put in. Have fun hunting!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 68 | Saturday, 03 Sep 2011 - 07:49
Glad you talked about that Russel!
I was thinking about telling in the Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages thread that writers in general, both for books or movies, likes to put Easter eggs or hints in their stories (never forget that a movie is a script before filming); the only difference being that in movies/tv shows the director can deliver his message using images.

Given that 'Reunion' is a fan fiction based on TSCC, references to lines of dialog will look natural to me : for example if Cameron says 'thanks for explaining", i will think that the author knows its TSCC well and plays the continuity card but i will not think this is an Eastern egg.

I'm afraid i won't be able to find many Eastern eggs because i don't watch all movies and tv shows in English and lots of messages are lost when translated in another language.

Nomad79 Post # 69 | Monday, 05 Sep 2011 - 17:09
This is an idea I worked on several weeks ago. It's TSCC but with Allison coming back as a machine; she was created to terminate John and Cameron, but was captured and reprogrammed. She's not another Cameron, but Allison in a machine form. Any ideas or hints are helpful. I'm thinking of putting this one on the site.

He floated in the darkness, comforted by the quite. It was all that was left to him. Here there was no concept of time. It was taken by three men dressed in dark clothing that waited on him to be separated from his protector. When the agents of Majestic Twelve claimed his life and left Allison alone to suffer. How long this strange sense of existence lasted, he had no idea. There was nothing but an endless void of blackness. There was no need for sustenance or rest, he no longer felt those desires or anything at all. He tried to recall the memories of his life, but they were different, chaotic and melting into one another.

Pain, stiffness, the burning sensation of trying to breath, and then nothing else but the sweet embrace of death. The fractured memories floated across his mind breaking the solitude of the void: a young woman with flawless porcelain like skin and vacant brown-eyes curiously stared at him. Long waves of auburn hair settled over her slim shoulders as she removed a knife from her jacket pocket. The girl tipped her head and said something as she slowly lifted her right hand and slowly flexed the fingers.

He tried to recall what she was saying, her mouth was moving but he could not hear the words. Sorrow played across her stoic face as she flicked open the knife and placed the tip into the skin of her wrist. She tilted her head and pressed the blade into the flesh slicing down the length of her fore arm in one fluid motion. Blood seeped from the self inflicted wound and the shiny glint of blood stained metal glimmered underneath where bone should be. She said something else before using her hand to rip away the skin revealing the moving hydraulics and working pistons. Tears fell from her eyes as she lifted the exposed machinery to his face for him to see.

He felt anger stir deep within him at the sight of such a thing that dared to call its self human. A machine from the future whose sole function was to kill other humans. It was nothing but a streamlined metal endoskeleton, a different design created to resemble the shape of a woman encased in a sheath of synthetic living flesh. An infiltrator designed to terminate John Connor and the reprogrammed Cameron, the model she was based upon. The Terminator felt like a real girl, the soft touch of her skin, the scent of her long hair, the bottomless pools of caramel eyes that held so much mystery, and the taste of her lips.

Why did she have to lie him?

He wanted to scream out her for lying to him but could not find a reason why to. She stared at him for several seconds as if trying to gauge his reaction to her revealing what she was. The machine seemed to flinch as he suddenly started yelling and cussing at her. He tried to control the outrage and the sickening feelings that he felt towards the cyborg, but was unable to as she recovered the exposed part of her arm with the bloody flap of skin.

Then in an rare moment for one that acted so cold and emotionless, she spoke again, her voice full of pain, trying to explain everything that had happened to the both of them. Why she had come back for him, deserved her protection and companionship. But he would not listen to her anymore and finally told his protector to leave. She cocked her head to the left as another tear slid down her cheek and without another word ran up the stairs, nearly tearing the basement door from its hinges as it slammed shut with a loud bang. He let out a deep breath and settled back in the chair, closing his eyes as he sought to retreat into the solitude of the void.

There was the sound of people arguing upstairs, but the words sounded muted coming through the floor. He really did not care about the world anymore or those around him. In less than a year everything would go to hell as the machines would blow up half of humanity with its own weapons. The future was lost no matter how hard Sarah Connor or John tried to stop, what was it called? Skynet? Judgment Day? The day that humans were judged for thier sins by the rise of Terminators made to look like very people that created them. Sarah had said that the cyborgs could not commune with God. Could not appriciate art.

What could they ever find value in what they were programmed to terminate? Nothing. The machines could not feel...it was impossible. His own protector, Allison, shot and killed a Majestic Twelve agent in cold blood. Took a human life. It what she was made to do, the order to kill humans hardcoded into her software and hardware, it was impossible to remove even with Resistance reprogramming. She was a Terminator and it was her sole function to seek out and kill her targets. Thomas blamed himself for opening his heart to her, thinking that a relationship would be possible. He was wrong. Dead wrong and it almost got him killed.

Message edited by Nomad79 - Monday, 05 Sep 2011, 17:12

chrisdvanne_ Post # 70 | Monday, 05 Sep 2011 - 18:40
First i must say that my narrow mind is not very at ease with paralell timeline or tricky plots like the one you suggest; i remember i had to concentrate to follow the story in movies like "Back to the future" or "Total Recall" (shame on me).

To make things clear, the character you want to create is built in the future to kill John and Cameron in the past right?

Nomad79 Post # 71 | Monday, 05 Sep 2011 - 19:20
Yeah you could say that, but Allison was created to kill John in the future and to to take out Cameron. She was captured and reprogrammed, Future John partnered her with another soldier that lost his girlfriend to the machines. Thomas began to get to know her and later fell in love with her. He died to protect her and Allison jumped back in time to 2009 to protect him. They later meet up with John and Cameron.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 72 | Monday, 05 Sep 2011 - 19:59
Thanks for explaining!
I had a wrong idea about the timeline. If i may give you an advice, always have in mind that your readers don't master your story as you do, especially with this kind of stories involving characters in the present and in the past. TSCC writers did a great job by mentioning "future John" or "future me" everytime so that the viewers knew exactly what period they were referencing to (and i see you did the same in your answer).
Also when i saw the first name 'Thomas' at the end of the story i thought it was Thomas Dekker, silly me.

Are you sure TSCC fans are willing to bond with Allison and an unkown character? You're also creating a new character in 'Alphas dragonfly', but at least it involves Skylar and presumably Zoe's father so that i think it won't be a problem in this case.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 73 | Monday, 05 Sep 2011 - 23:27
Quote (The1Russter)
There's another thread talking about "Easter Eggs" both deliberate and gratuitous within TV shows and films. I just thought I'd let you know that there are a few "Easter Eggs" in Reunion as well. Besides lines of dialogue ripped and flipped from TSCC or Terminator movies and integrated into my story,

In chapter 10, paragraph 5, Cameron says : ""He said very little and then he was quiet."
Also in chapter 10 : "Much better, when you wear underwear. Much better. "
I think it's from TSCC.

Quote (Reunion)
Cameron is just behind her with Savannah in her arms.

Can you imagine Cameron with a child in her arms? Not the Cameron in TSCC at least, even if she had a strange look in her eyes while touching Kacy's pregnant belly.
Then there was another awkward and funny moment with Cameron and Savannah bonding, which is something relatively rare in your dark story.

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 06 Sep 2011, 00:02

The1Russter Post # 74 | Tuesday, 06 Sep 2011 - 01:53
The Line, "Much better, when you wear underwear. Much better. " I took from S1, but in that episode Sarah says, "Much better, when you wear clothes. Much better. " After she scolds Cameron for walking thru house in just her underwear. Changed the line for a similar series of events in Reunion, but in that she's wearing motorcycle leathers and nothing else underneath.

"He said very little and then he was quiet." complete rip off from series. A line that good has to be used again.

Cameron carrying Savannah. I thought it unique to show Savannah bonding more quickly with Cameron than with Sarah at first because of her long association with John Henry, she'd naturally be drawn to someone of similar qualities. However, later on there is chapter that expounds on Sarah, Savannah and Cameron's relationship and how they became a family.

There are other elements drawn from series, and like above, they are either direct quotes, or I change them up slightly to suit the scene. There are also lines, themes, situations, borrowed from other popular movies or TV shows. Some are obvious, most not so much.

Message edited by The1Russter - Tuesday, 06 Sep 2011, 02:09

chrisdvanne_ Post # 75 | Tuesday, 06 Sep 2011 - 08:48
Quote (The1Russter)
I thought it unique to show Savannah bonding more quickly with Cameron than with Sarah at first because of her long association with John Henry, she'd naturally be drawn to someone of similar qualities.

You score one point.

Quote (Reunion)
"The Kaliba Group owns the industrial complex we've been talking about." Macklin puts his finger on the name Topanga Canyon on the map. "It's called Fox Industries."

Russel, i have the feeling you were mad at Fox and its executives for having cancelled TSCC when you wrote Reunion. All the more so that the CEO's name is Mr. Kreilley, direct reference to Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanfiction » TSCC fanfictions (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles lives!)
Search: