To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By Admirator

The official funny thread
By Admirator

TSCC fanfictions
By The1Russter

obsessed with Summer
By diya123working

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 3 of 18«123451718»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanfiction » TSCC fanfictions (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles lives!)
TSCC fanfictions
Date: Monday, 2011 Aug 15, 19:30 GMT | Message # 31

Writer

In the original edition of Reunion, i was very vague. In part 1, John's story was told from his POV in 1st person so we didn't really get to know the other characters that well, like why they did what they did, or said what they said, or even what they thought. When i began writing part 2 of that story, I realized with the level of detail I had to go into 1st person would no longer do and I wrote the whole thing in third person. Part 3 was written the same.

I realized, especially in part 3 where i was delving into John's inner turmoil, how much that opened up the story. However, when it came to doing the revisions, I was not planning on changing Pt 1 so that it was all in 3rd person. I had completed my revised edition before finally being convinced by my beta to do 3rd person changes to John's story of part 1. I tried it with one chapter and I was hooked. That opened up the story to greater character development, plot development, it changed the story, including revealing that which I had kept hidden in the original edition.

I wrote the original edition on the heels of watching the second season of TSCC. I kept the storytelling format of the series in mind while writing but at the same time edging the story more toward the type of story I wanted to tell. However, realizing as I did at a late stage that the story telling format of TV doesn't necessarily make for a good novel, and it was a novel I was writing. Something that you could read once and enjoy, but also read again and learn something new about a character in some little detail that escaped your notice the first time. Overall, not that different from re-watching episodes of TSCC, but the styling is different.

Will my story please all fans of TSCC, I have no expectations of such. It was my goal to write a story that started off a straight adventure, but things happen which first make you question the protagonists motivations, then his friends motivations. His friends are possibly manipulating him, but one for selfish gain and the other for selfless love. In the end, as Connor learns what makes a friend and what makes a true friend and even more so, what love truly means to those who love him in return.

Is there a message there? For us, the reader's, maybe, if you take it as such. But John Connor had to grow up quickly. he had to learn the sacrifices and pains of leadership thru experience, and that is not something that can be taught. He also had to learn to open his heart to be loved and to love in return, even if that meant losing them. But John Connor got his reward at the end of the story, and if the path he took to earn that reward is not to your liking, then try to judge the character and whether he deserved that reward. And keep in mind, there were those around him trying to help him to that reward at the cost of their own selves.

Reunion is my very first story I've written in 30 years. I think my middle school English Literature teacher's would be quite proud of me, considering the last time I undertook the writing of fiction I was under their tutelage. I tried to write the occasional story, but could never get beyond the planning stages. This I completed. 43 chapters of approx. 15K to 20K words apiece. A huge undertaking for someone not accustomed to the task, but the story was burning in my mind, and unless you've been in that situation yourself, you know how bad the drive is to get that story out of your head and onto paper.

So I'm hoping for the open kind of discussion where you talk about the characters and what they've said or done and what you think they'll do next rather than the kind of bull I've had to put up with where I get attacked just because the story is not to someones tastes. I only have one piece of advice if you don't like mine or any one else's story. Just stop reading it and find something else to read. Or else, find a way to finish the book and decide whether you were right or wrong when finished. There is no need to tell the author off simply because it wasn't to your liking. You don't do that to professional authors, do you? then why do that with amateur author's simply because we are easier to contact? Wrong place for this comment, possibly, but I've tried and failed to get that message across elsewhere. Here I'm hoping for something better.

Take Back the Future! Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Date: Monday, 2011 Aug 15, 19:30 GMT | Message # 32

Site Admin

Hi Blazius, i see that you and me have had the same reaction to an important step on the relation between John and Cameron; though we don't have the same conclusion because we have different sensibilities in that regard.

So far i spent more time writing a comment that reading the story itself; i don't know how i will manage to go through the entire story wacko

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Monday, 2011 Aug 15, 19:51 GMT | Message # 33

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
Hi Blazius, i see that you and me have had the same reaction to an important step on the relation between John and Cameron; though we don't have the same conclusion because we have different sensibilities in that regard.

Hi! Yeah, we wrote basically the same thing. I didn't want to bash the story through, it was just an opinion.

Quote (michelangelo)
So far i spent more time writing a comment that reading the story itself; i don't know how i will manage to go through the entire story

Its an issue with me too, but I try to find time for it when possible. Its good that there isn't a deadline.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Date: Monday, 2011 Aug 15, 20:12 GMT | Message # 34

Site Admin

'Reunion' is one of the oldest and most well-known fan-fiction in the TSCC sphere, we won't tell Russel something he doesn't know about how readers react to his story. The interesting thing is how WE as wiki members reacts individualy and collectively. Of course he is there if we misunderstand something.

I have delibaretely not fixed any restraining schedule; everyone is free to read it according his own rythm. Of course it's better if everyone can speak about the same chapter at the same time but i'm very well aware this isn't realistic. Let's try to keep it fun for us to and for the Wiki lurkers also.

Side note : i have already received messages from fans who suggest other stories; first i'd like to thank them and i said that it will depends on the response inside the Wiki and the time we spent on 'Reunion'. Also i'd like to favor diversity in the stories we will read in the future.

Date: Monday, 2011 Aug 15, 20:15 GMT | Message # 35

Friends

I must admit that I'm not read long message from Russel, but... As for Cameron's human's behavior - I think that author later explained it quite a good way. You will see yourself.

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

Date: Monday, 2011 Aug 15, 22:54 GMT | Message # 36

Writer

I don't know if its because my story has been mentioned frequently of late, or its just my turn this week, but I received a bunch of nasty anonymous reviews today which I deleted. I've disabled anonymous reviews on www.fanfiction.net. So if anyone wishes to flame me, they can't hide anymore.

My apologies to those who have had no choice but to use anonymous reviews to post messages, but really, you don't have to submit stories to join FF.net. Just means you have to sign in to submit a review now.

I know this is probably not the proper venue for this topic, but since I did bring this up earlier, if you truly don't like a story, why waste your time and the author's by writing him or her a nasty letter. Just stop reading the story and move onto another. There are a lot of great stories available, and serves no point to crap all over one person's efforts. Before you do, try writing a story yourself. It isn't easy, and I dare you to say it is after trying it yourself.

My apologies to admin of this site if I was out of line.

Take Back the Future! Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Monday, 2011 Aug 15, 22:56

Date: Monday, 2011 Aug 15, 23:33 GMT | Message # 37

Site Admin

Russ, i want you to know that no member of the wiki is responsible for the sudden nasty reviews you got recently on ff.net. I know each of them long enough to be 100% sure.
I suggest you rather see at the troublemakers you mentioned to me on twitter.

It's true that you were under the spotlight these days; jaleous people are everywhere and it's the price to pay for being a public writer; i can assure you i pay the price myself for my hyperactivity at the wiki. I did not know the Wiki has such a great influence btw.

I had to explain several timesonline (not in the wiki) in the last few days i don't consider your story necessarily like the best TSCC continuation; it was mentioned by members and happens to be the first story we have decided to read, that's all.
I'm sorry if it has caused you trouble but again the wiki cannot be held responsible for this.

I will continue to read the story as well as the other wiki members interested and will not take in account these unfortunate events because i don't feel responsible and there is nothing i can do to stop them. It happened in the past and it will probably in the future, wiki book readers or not. I really hope you will not stop giving us you help and support.

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Aug 16, 00:02 GMT | Message # 38

Site Admin

Quote (ogy86)
I must admit that I'm not read long message from Russel, but... As for Cameron's human's behavior - I think that author later explained it quite a good way. You will see yourself.

I wanted to start posting before finishing Part 1 or this thread would have been inactive for days and i would have forgotten half of what i wanted to say; but this is true that Russ warned us that some choices would be explained further in the story and could be misinterpreted if you had not fifnished the part; this is also why i said we should read the entire story before posting. This is a hard choice ; either not posting for days or posting and taking the risk to say approximative things about the story.

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Aug 16, 02:28 GMT | Message # 39

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (ogy86)I must admit that I'm not read long message from Russel, but... As for Cameron's human's behavior - I think that author later explained it quite a good way. You will see yourself. I wanted to start posting before finishing Part 1 or this thread would have been inactive for days and i would have forgotten half of what i wanted to say; but this is true that Russ warned us that some choices would be explained further in the story and could be misinterpreted if you had not fifnished the part; this is also why i said we should read the entire story before posting. This is a hard choice ; either not posting for days or posting and taking the risk to say approximative things about the story.

Well, I already read part 1. That's why I said that I would rather refrain from comments yet. :-D I think you will be surprised :-)

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Aug 17, 11:23 GMT | Message # 40

Site Admin

Chapter 1 Not in Kansas Anymore

WARNING : MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Lol. I thought the expression "not in Kansas anymore" was from a line of Avatar whereas it was from The Wizard of Oz; though in my defense i had seen it in French and i don't think they would say that in a French version of the movie.
I like the contunuity with Wizard od Oz started by Josh Friedamn in TSCC. Same can be said about the way the characters takl to each other; even if the author will inevitably bring his own writing style, i think it's reassuring for the reader to find some patterns initiated in TSCC.

The theory that Cameron's core program was overwhelmed by Allison feelings for John is the same premise as in Skyline, where the main character, played by Eric Balfour, turned into an alien but kept his human thought because of the love he has for her wife.

As Russel and ogy86 said, the next chapters justify what could have been hard to swallow by reading only the prologue.

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Aug 17, 13:47 GMT | Message # 41

Users

Please stop writing this dross! i know 2'nd graders that write better stories that this when they want a day off school.

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Aug 17, 13:55 GMT | Message # 42

Site Admin

Quote (mikey)
Please stop writing this dross! i know 2'nd graders that write better stories that this when they want a day off school.

I asked you politely to write something valuable, not gratuitous insult, i'm afraid you are trolling.

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Aug 17, 15:39 GMT | Message # 43

Site Admin

Quote (mikey)

They put a lot of work and time into their writing because they like to write and want to share their stories with other fans. If you don't like it, you can always post constructive criticism, but if you are unable to comment in any other way except with the intent to hurt, then don't bother. Just stop reading!

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Aug 17, 16:17 GMT | Message # 44

Friends

Quote (mikey)

If I don't like story, so I don't read it. Criticism can be constructive, but why insult people from the ranks of fans who write for they entertainment or pleasure of others? Nobody forcing you to read this story.

I really don't understand why fanfiction arouses so many emotions ...

Message edited by ogy86 - Wednesday, 2011 Aug 17, 16:21

Date: Thursday, 2011 Aug 18, 02:54 GMT | Message # 45

Friends

In next chapters story will continue to develop and you'll get the surprise many. It also will develop relationships between the main characters (Allison, Kyle, Derek) and John.

In Reunion I have a problem with one thing and this is not the quality of the story. It's the length of individual chapters. If I read a some story, I'm glad, when I read complete chapter. Chapters of Reunion but I sometimes read to three stages even or I have to spend up to two hours with reading. But this is not criticism. It's rather my observation and also my problem :-D If I something read too long, so I have a problem with the concentrations at it :-D

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanfiction » TSCC fanfictions (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles lives!)
Page 3 of 18«123451718»
Search: