To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By Admirator

The official funny thread
By Admirator

TSCC fanfictions
By The1Russter

obsessed with Summer
By diya123working

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 2 of 18«12341718»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanfiction » TSCC fanfictions (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles lives!)
TSCC fanfictions
Date: Sunday, 2011 Aug 14, 00:01 GMT | Message # 16

Writer

How you break down the discussion of Reunion is up to you. I had a quick chat on Twitter with @chrisdvanne and these are some points i brought up which will hopefully make your discussion easier.

Part 1:The Shadow of Death is its own story and could be looked at separately from Part 2: Armageddon, and Part 3: Babylon, which each have their own story, but its necessary to read the preceding parts to understand the next.

Pt 1, chap's switch between future & past, 1 or 2 in 2027, followed by 1 in 2009. Events in past & future shape each other.
New Chap # - Old Chap # Title
00 - 00 Prologue: Born to Run
Part 1:The Shadow of Death
01 - 01a Not in Kansas Anymore 2027
02 - 01b The World is Gray 2027
03 - 02 On My Own 2009
04 - 03 The Tin Man 2027
05 - 04 Friends in the Shadow, Enemies in the Light 2009
06 - 05 Ghosts from the Past 2027
07 - 06 Rescue & Revelations 2009
08 - 7a Control Your Destiny 2027 Rated M for sexual content
09 - 7b Seeds of Destiny 2027
10 - 08 Trust and Fear 2009
11 - 9a Changing The Rules 2027 Rated M for sexual content
12 - 9b Murphy's Law 2027
13 - 10 The Art of War 2027
14 - 11 They Carry Death 2027
15 - 12 APOCALYPSE 2009 Rated M for sadistic violence

Part 2: Armageddon has smaller story arcs which make up the entire section. Using new chapter #'s: 16 - 20, 21 - 25, 25 - 28, & 29 - 32. Chap 25 is repeated as it completes one story arc while beginning another. The entire story takes place in 2027.
16 - 13 Destiny Bites
17 - 14 Declaration of War
18 - 15 Valley of Peace
19 - ?? The Soldier's Lament - a new chapter featuring Derek Reese and his leading the human slaves in a revolt and attack against their inhuman oppressors.
20 - 16 Escape from Hell
21 - ?? Against All Odds - a new chapter covering the years that Sarah, Cameron and Savannah lived together post Judgment Day.
22 - 17 Tears of Joy and Sorrow
23 - 18 More Complications - posted 08-07-2011 and currently last until revised 24 is posted.
24 - 19 Nowhere is Safe
25 - 20 Two Goodbyes
26 - 21 Race Against the Machines
27 - 22 A Friend in Need
28 - 23 Don't Tread on Me
29 - 24 Into the Abyss
30 - 25 Storming the Gates of Hell
31 - 26 Survival of the Fittest
32 - 27 The Price of Victory

Part 3: Babylon is one complete story. However, it could be broken down in the following for discussion. Using new chap. #'s: 33 - 38, & 39 - Epilogue. Entire story takes place in 2009
33 - 28: Home Again
34 - 29: The Coming Storm
35 - 30: The Last Battle
36 - 31: The Final Victory
37 - 32: Day of Redemption
38 - 33: Reunion
39 - 34: A New Beginning
40 - 35: 2029 The Origin of Things to Come
41 - 36: 2029 All Good Things . . .
42 - 37: Going Home - Rated M for sexual content
43 - Epilogue

Take Back the Future! Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Sunday, 2011 Aug 14, 00:04

Date: Sunday, 2011 Aug 14, 00:21 GMT | Message # 17

Writer

Here's some information you may want to know before reading Reunion. No spoilers.

From the thread discussing my story - don't visit my thread as it contains spoilers!
"...when I began writing this story 2 yrs ago, I did so with one primary goal in mind, to make it different from anything else presently out there. Second, to make the story as interesting as possible. Three, to give Summer Glau the best and most complicated storyline. Four, get John Connor as quickly as possible away from that moody b­itch persona of S2. Five, Make the story fully my own by Pt 2, Pt 1 was more like a bridge from S2 to the story I wanted to tell. Six, draw from elements in the Terminator films and series, but blend them smoothly into my story. Seven, by stories end, give the reader a sense of closure for the series and hopefully a better understanding of Cameron and all that she is capable of doing and becoming.

And one more thing, I was never out to please everyone with my story, nor expect that I would. I had no prior knowledge of the two shipping camps of Pro-Jameron and Anti-Jameron prior to beginning my tale. I'm glad I didn't, because if Iwrote my story under the influence of either group starting out, then I think I would have failed to write a story that would have a broader scope than it does."

And from my profile page on fanfiction.net

"I should explain that Reunion wasn't originally intended as a Season 3 fanfiction. It was written purely for fun at the urging of a friend I met online. He encouraged me to share the story. I did and I have been astounded and humbled by the generous comments I have received. I'd like to take a moment to apologize to the fans of the Sarah Connor character, so wonderfully portrayed by Lena Headey. My original idea for the story was going to be centered around her character, but as I began writing John Connor's part of the story, it just took over. If I write a sequel, then I will try to correct that and give more balance.

Another point to mention, the future story of Reunion takes place in an alternate future to what we've seen in future glimpses in the TV series. I've taken the position that the future has changed by John traveling forward and thus everything we've been lead to believe that has happened in the future hasn't. I'm not trying to recreate that future as other Season 3 fanfic writers have done. I'm trying to create something original, that stands apart from other writers excellent work, but remains loyal to the TV series that inspired it with tie-ins to it and the films. The Terminator franchise is an excellent universe of possibilities. My hat goes off to James Cameron, the genius behind T1 & T2, and Josh Friedman, the producer of TSCC.

I have been asked about the title reference for REUNION a number of times after I first began sharing it. I've already shared it with a few people so maybe it wouldn't hurt to share it now with everyone. "Reunion" refers to the ultimate reunion that will occur at the story's end. However, that isn't the only reunion that occurs. There are a few "reunions" of a sort that occur within the story. Some of which will surprise you."

I hope this will be of help as you read and discuss my story.

For a more media rich page with videos, graphics and soundtracks: http://www.sarahconnorfans.com/page/REUNION
This page has chapter descriptions which may contain spoilers.

Message edited by The1Russter - Sunday, 2011 Aug 14, 00:30

Date: Sunday, 2011 Aug 14, 00:28 GMT | Message # 18

Site Admin

Thanks for taking the time to share all these informations with us The1Russter. I can hardly imagine the talent and work you've put into this story.
This is the first time we will discuss a fanfic at the Summer Glau Wiki and your help is very appreciated by the members and by the lurkers also i'm sure. Don't expect to have 50 feedbacks from the wiki members but the Wiki has more than 400 visitors a day and the vast majority are fans of TSCC. I will never ceased repeating it, the strenght of sites like The Summer Glau Wiki is the ability to federate its members around collective projects like the Summer Glau Wiki Calendar or The Viewers Club. The Reading Club fits perfectly into this scheme.

Back to Reunion from The 1Russter :
I will take a closer look at the lenght of the 15 chapters of Part 1:The Shadow of Death thanks to the links you and ogy86 have provided. My first impression is that we will either discuss the entire Part or maybe break it into 2 pieces. It may very well be that one cannot stop while reading the story and want to finish all the chapters ( i know i did when TSCC stopped and i began to read fanfictions).
As i said, i don't want to rush things; i will give my suggestions tomorrow.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Sunday, 2011 Aug 14, 00:55 GMT | Message # 19

Writer

You are very welcome. I hope each and everyone of you will take an objective and balanced approach to my story and will finish reading it before denouncing certain activities or things people said in the course of the story. You really have to read it beginning to end to understand much of what happens. That is the way I wrote it. So if you went back and read it again, you could pick up additional clues that may have slipped by on the first read. Like when you rewatch an episode of TSCC and pick up on something previously missed.

I resubmitted Reunion last fall with revised chapters principally because the story change significantly from my original vision, hence requiring some significant edits to Part 1. These in turn cascaded into part 2 after @Meanoldmoe convinced me to convert all of the 1st person chapters into 3rd person like the rest of the story. Also, there were some comments on my original edition to which I could see the merit of and took great pains to address them in this revised edition.

As this will be a reader led discussion, I will try to stay out of your way as you discuss the merits of my very first piece of fiction I've written in 30 years. It does not mean I will be absent. If there are questions you wish to ask me, or if there are points I think need clarifying, then I'll will step in as needed or asked.

I'm looking forward to this, as the only other discussion was started by me on the blue wiki but didn't have the impetus of the reading community that I would have liked. Too many nonobjective people there. Some of you know what I mean. So read with an open mind, enjoy with an open heart, and discuss with honesty and respect.

Thank you!

Date: Sunday, 2011 Aug 14, 11:53 GMT | Message # 20

Friends

On Czech fan site of TSCC (tscc.cz - Unfortunately, the site is now non-functional due to technical reasons) we've got topic a TSCC fanfiction. There, we talk about stories that we read and some stories translate into Czech language. If together we talk about a particular story, so we use button "spoiler," to disclose not anything important to people who want to read the story, but they are not yet so far. Several times it happened to me that after reading chapter I was so impressed that I had to share with others about my impressions. Did not work would also here something like that? Of course, it's a good idea to discuss about Russter story after reading the part 1, but if someone would be want to share his (her)experiences earlier...

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

Message edited by ogy86 - Sunday, 2011 Aug 14, 12:09

Date: Sunday, 2011 Aug 14, 12:13 GMT | Message # 21

Site Admin

Good points you raise ogy86!
I don't know how we would not spoil the story if we want to talk about it; i'm afraid we would have to use the spoiler code everywhere. Maybe it's up to the member to use wisely the spoiler feature only for turn points or shocking moments. How often do you use the spoiler feature in the Czech fansite? Maybe TheRusster will give his opinion too (he said nicely he will leave us having our discussion without being on the way but he will be present if needed).

Also, as i said it will suggest the wiki members to read the entire Part 1 and then start the discussion (i will make an "official" post soon); but the schedule i suggest is not engraved in marble and if people want to start discussing early chapters of Part 1, they're free to do it. Some people will read the entire story in one day while some others will take 2 weeks. That doesn't mean the thread must stay inactive for two weeks of course; we're doing this together and i have not more experience than you have. The Summer Glau Wiki offers the frame to discuss but then it's up to the viewers themselves to add content the way they want.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Aug 14, 13:37 GMT | Message # 22

Writer

I think the solution is very simple. When someone posts a reply that contains details of what happened along with their POV, then they should lead their post in all caps with, SPOILERS followed by the chapter # & name they'll be discussing. That way any person who hasn't read that chapter can skip that post until they've read it for themselves.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Aug 14, 17:59 GMT | Message # 23

Site Admin

Given all the informations that Russ gave us, i suggest the members and lurkers of the Summer Glau will read the first part of Reunion : Part 1:The Shadow of Death (15 chapters). This is quite a lot to read and i can't expect everyone interested to read it in one night. This is why i suggest we let 10 days to the readers.

The story can be find here : http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6507201/1/REUNION_Revised_Edition

Quote (The1Russter)
In one complete volume, Reunion, retold with with new and revised chapters. Story begins with BTR and quickly advances from there. John finds himself abandoned and alone in the future. Sarah Finds herself in the same situation in the present. They each form new alliances and continue fight against Sky Net. On a whole the story has a T rating, but for two or three scenes. I will individually label chapters that contain scenes of an M rating.
Part 1:The Shadow of Death
2027: Young John Connor finds himself in a future where he isn't known. Using his knowledge and skills he quickly comes to the forefront of the resistance. He makes new friends and form alliances. His closest friends are Kyle Reese, who in another time rescued his mother and became his father; Allison Young, who in another future was the pattern on which Cameron was modeled on; Catherine Weaver, a female liquid metal terminator who aids John Connor; and John Henry, he took Cameron's chip yet his mission is far more critical than John's love for Cameron.
2009: In present day Los Angeles, Sarah Connor pursues her mission to help her son and stop Judgment Day. James Ellison finds himself under scrutiny of both the LAPD and FBI. But, he has friends in both Law Enforcement Agencies. But what dark secret is keeping Agent Auldridge and Det. Macklin from discovering the truth. Can Sarah Connor rely on James Ellison or his friends? Sarah receives unexpected help from the future. Together they save Savannah and Ellison. Now they must rely on Macklin and Auldridge for help. Can they stop Judgment Day? Events steer them ever closer in a tightening web of fear, terror, and pure evil. The Future Will Never Be The Same Again!
The fifteen chapters of Part 1 have been posted.

My summary for Reunion - its Romeo and Juliet with a happy ending.

I invite you to read the messages above because it contains a few guidelines and commentaries from the author The1Russter; as i said previously nothing prevent impatient and passsionate readers from commenting in this thread as soon as they finish a chapter; we're not doing homework, we're sharing a point of view about based on Summer's work, whether it is a fanfiction story or an episode of the Viewers Club. I'd like the maximum of Wiki members and lurkers to participate; don't hesitate to spread the word around you.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Aug 14, 19:30 GMT | Message # 24

Friends

Well, since I already read part 1, I will wait until others people will complete reading also, and I will get involved in the discussion afterwards. :-) I look forward, Certainly we will have many topics to talk then :-)

Date: Sunday, 2011 Aug 14, 19:44 GMT | Message # 25

Site Admin

Quote (ogy86)
Well, since I already read part 1, I will wait until others people will complete reading also, and I will get involved in the discussion afterwards. :-) I look forward, Certainly we will have many topics to talk then :-)

You don't have to wait till everyone have finfished to read the 15 chapters to start commenting; on the opposite, if people start to talk about it on the thread right now, i hope more people would be interested and will start reading the story. I know i will.
Be sure not to spoil too much though:

When someone posts a reply that contains details of what happened along with their POV, then they should lead their post in all caps with, SPOILERS followed by the chapter # & name they'll be discussing. That way any person who hasn't read that chapter can skip that post until they've read it for themselves.

I think you could start by saying what appealed to you in this story or how you discovered it.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Aug 14, 20:12 GMT | Message # 26

Site Admin

As many fans of TSCC and Summer, i was very desappointed when FOX decided to cancel the show; i had invested a lot of time and energy in this show and in the tscc boards. I was a late comer in the TSCC boards and there must be a lot i missed, even if i tried to catch up. Josh Friedmann decided to end TSCC with one of the most shocking cliffhanger we've seen in recent tv history, there is a lot of questions that have been left unanswered and many new questions were asked.
All this created a lot of frustration among the fans.

Reading fan fictions is a good and entertaining response to this frustration; this is also the closest thing to a TSCC continuation we can get right now. The characters interpreted ( i was going to write 'created' due to her amazing acting performance) by Summer Glau can continue to live through fan fiction and we should be thankful to the dedicated fans who spent the time to write them.

I encourage Wiki members to read these and don't hesitate to write a nice comment if you're in the mood (the lenght is up to everyone; as usual a nice feedback is always very appreciated).

Date: Sunday, 2011 Aug 14, 21:47 GMT | Message # 27

Friends

The cancellation of TSCC was a crippling blow to todays science fiction I think. It wasn't only the best incarnation of the Terminator franchise - I probably won't watch the next Terminator movie without Summer and its not only out of spite but also because the last non-Summer Terminator was outrageously stupid- but also managed to conceive the most believable A.I. character to date(and this includes other, exclusively A.I. based fiction as well). Maybe not Summer created Cameron entirely but even the IGN reviewer said:

"This episode would never have worked if Summer Glau was not as good as she is. The scene where the show cuts back and forth between Cameron's story to the counselor in the present day, and Allison talking to her interrogator in the future – is masterful. Not only is Glau terrific as the flesh and blood Allison, and it's wonderful to see her display unbridled emotion – it's almost unnerving to watch the machine imitate these same emotions in a much different and somehow less authentic way. It's one of the more powerful – and disturbing – moments of the series so far. Just what is Cameron, and how'd she get to be the way she is now?"

Luckily writers of fanfics managed to pick up the writing of the characters entirely from my experience so at least these characters are not lost completely.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Date: Monday, 2011 Aug 15, 11:54 GMT | Message # 28

Friends

Cancellation of TSCC only confirmed that on Fox is a stupid management. And it's not just TSCC. For example, Firefly - another great series which for the first time introduced a Summer significantly. But back to the topic. I prefer this time-line of T-story: T1 -> T2 -> TSCC + fanfiction.

The spirit of the original two films disappeared in the T3 somewhere. After the departure James Cameron's, it's not the real Terminator already - and unfortunately. Conversely, the serie catch me something. TSCC caught me right from Pilot and did not let to go me until the end. I also found a one great actress there - maybe you know her, her name is Summer Glau :-D She really did a great job with the character Cameron. Perhaps one of the best acting work I've ever seen. I think the message from Blazius says all substantial.

It's great that fans of the series began to write their stories. It's a good alternative to the continuation of TSCC. And it is great that between the fans are so many talented people, who write awesome fanfiction.

I read a lot of fan stories. And I can say that the Reunion is one of my favorites. Author writes very interesting and engaging manner. He very well works with the characters, with the emotions a reader and also writes great action scenes.

During part 1 you'll get a great battle. I could not breathe not even when reading this chapter :-) Well, see for yourself :-)

Message edited by ogy86 - Monday, 2011 Aug 15, 11:55

Date: Monday, 2011 Aug 15, 17:19 GMT | Message # 29

Site Admin

I'll tell you what were my personal expectations from 'Reunion', certainly different from other readers who will therefore not see and value the plots the way i will. I'm no ready to hear a complete different story from what Josh Frieman has started; this is also why i think it's a good thing to start with 'Reunion';though i may proven wrong in the future if the story deviate too much from what i expected in season 3. As a big fan of TSCC and having read every bit at our disposal that could hint us about season 3, i have already a few ideas of what it could have been, even if it cannot be very clear. What i'm trying to say is that i'm prejudiced.

Prologue WARNING : MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

The scene following the famous bed scene starts like a Jameron moment and my little heart can only approve that. But you took a big leap from what Josh Friedman was ready to give to the viewer; despite the two times Cameron said she loved John, i think we would not have had this frontal conversation so soon.
At least it gives the readers (Jamerons) what they want.

In TSCC, John Connor doesn't answer directly to a question because there is so much things implied by the way the lines of dialog are written and it could be interpreted in so many different ways. That is the strengh of TSCC imo but also its weakness : not many viewers have the patience to wait for an answer that will never come.
Cameron would never had answered
But i like that, it allows the plot to move forward whereas you had the feeling it didn't in TSCC.

Date: Monday, 2011 Aug 15, 19:12 GMT | Message # 30

Friends

I've read the Prologue yesterday . First I would like to say that I like the writing style and the ideas. I think the author managed to create tension in a lot of points and was brave enough to explore new ideas and make the tone more darker and grittier.

-SPOILER BELOW-

I particularly like the idea that he emphasized that John is alone in the future. Many people rejoiced that Derek, Kyle and Alison are there for him and they will protect him. However in reality they are not his beloved ones, they don't know him and therefore don't care for him. The situation is even worse because
they resemble his beloved ones and its more painful seeing them but don't be close to them. Kinda like thirsting in the middle of an ocean.

Now the bad part. I've already made a couple posts regarding how I loved the balanced nature of Cameron in the series(maybe Michelangelo knows the best). The writers but especially our beloved Summer Glau created an A.I. character who had human characteristics and sometimes she was disturbingly human but they never crossed the line of creating her too human. The human scenes were counterbalanced by her cold, mechanical, brutally efficient behavior so actually you could never decide if she is human or even sentient or just a bunch of computer code. This was backed up by Summers wonderful acting with which she added subtle, mechanical movement and body language to make the question constantly and disturbingly present in all her scenes: is Cameron sentient, does she have feelings or she is just a lifeless machine who is acting like a sentient being.

By explicitly saying that she loved John and that she has feelings tips off the fragile balance and declaring her an outright human character. I would have never made Cameron a human character. I viewed her as one of the first members of a new species of synthetic lifeforms (and therefore I'm not a Jameronist) instead.

I know a lot of fans may like the writers approach much more but I'm not one of them. I don't want to say that the writing is bad. We are just having conflicting ideas on how to interpret Cameron.

I know this may sound nitpicking but this balance thing is my little obsession you know.

Other parts of the prologue are fine and I will definitely read further!

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanfiction » TSCC fanfictions (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles lives!)
Page 2 of 18«12341718»
Search: