menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanfiction » TSCC fanfictions (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles lives!)
TSCC fanfictions
Jay Post # 211 | Saturday, 20 Oct 2012 - 16:04
Group: Friends
OK Thanks for replying, Here is my final opinion on "The Reunion". First of all I'd just like to say what a fantastic job you did in writing these, It could not of been easy. I was very drawn into it threw out the whole thing. there are a couple of question I'd like to ask at the end. The character you developed were amazing. My favorite character was Allison/Cameron and my least was Catherine, In some way I felt sorry for at the end. Now I don't really go into this type of things but i'll be a honest as I can. When people say "Watch this film it'll make you cry" it never does as I though how can any one cry or feel saddened by a film? but as I read you story, through out the last five chapter when John finds Cameron after she goes over the each with the LM I felt it so touching and moving on how you constructed the conversation between them. As well as when he has flash backs to it. Also the bit that got me was when Kyle leans down next to Cameron and she says "I Want to go home, I want to go home" damn that hit straight in the chest. I could say allot more about the whole stry but i'd be here for ever. Just a couple of questions.

1. When Catherine, John and the last of the resistance travelled back to 2009 John Henry got John to use the TDE again and something started to appear but Catherine shut it down and John claimed it was Cameron. Did Catherine know it was her and new what affect it would happen on the time line?

2. As much as I try to get my head around it I can't. In the end did John end up with the Cameron he left in the basement and did 2030 John end up with the Cameron he sent back in time?

3. Also Cameron said she could not get pregnant but during the her capture at the base with John (2029) John and Kyle saw she had a reproductive system. So what does this mean for Both Johns and both Camerons?

4. What happened to the guy, when at the end when they are at Agent Auldridge's barn there was a guy who still dislikes Cameron and talked about it with others. Did or will he do anything in the end like try to kill Cameron of Hurt john?

Twitter: @KingFRJay94

The1Russter Post # 212 | Saturday, 20 Oct 2012 - 17:43
Group: Writer
SPOILER ALERT!
To answer your questions I'm going to try and rely on quotes from the story itself as I really don't want to give to much away before others have read it for themselves.

Quote (Jay)
1. When Catherine, John and the last of the resistance traveled back to 2009 John Henry got John to use the TDE again and something started to appear but Catherine shut it down and John claimed it was Cameron. Did Catherine know it was her and new what affect it would happen on the time line?

From the Epilogue, Part 1:
CW "When you say the original time-line, what do you mean? The future that springs from this present time, or the future that was before Kreilley interfered?"

JH "I refer to the future time-line that you and Cameron and many of the other machines that we and the Connors have encountered have come from."

CW "I see. Then my actions to ensure neither Connor would ever be alone again worked."

JH "I hope so." John Henry says, knowing what she is referring too.

In the Epilogue Part 2, we find out that what she did, actually worked. What Catherine did that John Henry played a role in took place in the chapter Missing Pieces.

Quote (Jay)
2. As much as I try to get my head around it I can't. In the end did John end up with the Cameron he left in the basement and did 2030 John end up with the Cameron he sent back in time?

The following is taken out of context, but it has significant meaning in regards to the question about Future John.

From Chapter, A Friend in Need
CP "I am more like the Cameron your future self reprogrammed. I learned and grew on a different path than yours but with full access to everything she was and is."

Cameron in 2030 is the same Cameron that left Future John but with almost 20 years of new memories and 20 years experience at being 'more human like' in her behavior. she's going to have one hell of a full report to give the older future John.

Young John Connor is with the Cameron he left behind only now repaired and with only some additional memories of her previous persona who was operating on the secondary chip before the insertion of the chip with her primary matrix on it.

Quote (Jay)
3. Also Cameron said she could not get pregnant but during the her capture at the base with John (2029) John and Kyle saw she had a reproductive system. So what does this mean for Both Johns and both Camerons?

I can answer this without a quote. You can own a gun, but without bullets, its just a piece of metal. However, if you acquire bullets, or discover you had bullets all along, then that hunk of metal becomes a gun once again. What this all means will be explained in the sequel if I ever get it done.

Quote (Jay)
4. What happened to the guy, when at the end when they are at Agent Auldridge's barn there was a guy who still dislikes Cameron and talked about it with others. Did or will he do anything in the end like try to kill Cameron of Hurt john?

Richard Harmon. We first encounter Rich in the chapter, Against All Odds. He was an older teenager, the only surviving member of a group of raiders that Sarah and her people attacked to protect the supply lines to the Resistance. They refused to surrender to Sarah and were trapped by and killed by a group of Skynet machines. Rich was questioned by Cameron and he attacked her not knowing what she was at first. She ended up besting him in that fight. Sarah brought Rich back to Crystal Peak.

We next encounter him in the chapter Don't Tread on Me, when he asks another soldier if Allison is metal, having recognized her from his previous encounter with Cameron.

After the big battle, we kind of hope this guy is gone, but in the present day chapter, The Coming Storm, Richard Harmon is back. We learn that when at Crystal Peak he served as a mechanic, as Sarah didn't trust him with any job involving guns. We also learn he's still holding a grudge against metal. Especially those issuing orders.

There's been another battle, but like a rat, he survives and in Babylon Falls, we find Richard searching to see if there are other like minded individuals who want nothing more than the destruction of all metal.

His final appearance is in Epilogue Part 1 where he is unhappy at avoiding the party because of the arrival of adult Savannah, someone he knows from Crystal Peak (refer to Against all Odds). She might reveal Richards hatred of metal, and more specifically Cameron, to the others if she knew he was there.

Richards future will be revealed in the sequel, also how he and his family became raiders in the first place.

EDIT: Made some corrections to my answer to question 2, Mon, Oct 22, 2012 11:18:21 PM.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Tuesday, 23 Oct 2012, 05:18

Jay Post # 213 | Saturday, 20 Oct 2012 - 19:30
OK thanks for clearing things up. Let me know when the first episode of Resurrection is up please so I can read it. Thanks.

The1Russter Post # 214 | Saturday, 20 Oct 2012 - 19:46
SPOILER ALERT!
Even though we are painfully aware that Catherine Weaver does things in her own interests, she is, as John Henry said, not entirely evil.
What she did to young John Connor was very cruel, but it allowed her in one way to make amends to the older future John Connor.
Young John Connor ended up with the Cameron who never lied about what she was to save him. She is the Cameron to whom he sought to repair and fell in love with. He got his Cameron back. As for Future John, it doesn't matter what Cameron did while away on mission. She came back to him when he thought he was going to be alone forever. Now, no more spoilers. wink

Message edited by The1Russter - Saturday, 20 Oct 2012, 19:47

Nomad79 Post # 215 | Sunday, 21 Oct 2012 - 08:09
TSCC: They will Rise

Deals with what happened after John jumped into the future for Cameron and the rise of the man who would lead the Resistance in his place, Thomas Haden. Thomas's protector Jessica Kell, a TX-102, knows the truth and because she has free will, neither slaved to Skynet or the Resistance wishes for Thomas to have that life he always wanted.

Note: The first part focuses on how Thomas's life is changed and he becomes leader of the Resistance. Jessica's choices and only she wants the best for him. Jameron heavily infuences the relationship bwtween Thomas and Jessica.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 216 | Thursday, 08 Nov 2012 - 12:54
Group: Administrators
'Lonely', by The1Russter

A modest Jameron micro-fic featuring John and Cameron inner thoughts before meeting each other on the first day of school in Red River Valley

Link : fanfiction.net

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

The1Russter Post # 217 | Saturday, 17 Nov 2012 - 00:53
I'm toying with the idea of writing a companion piece to Reunion. It would contain all or some of the following ideas:

1) A summary and analysis of each chapter, based in part or in whole on the reviews written by Meanoldmoe
2) Deleted Scenes! Including alternate endings! The first edition went thru many drafts. All unused ideas & scenes were saved for possible use in other stories.
3) Timeline unfolded. We see the entire story in chronological order from Cameron's point of view. May include information not seen in Reunion!
4) A chapter dedicated to each character, summarizing what they did and analyzing the outcomes of their actions or decisions. Focus would probably be on John Connor, Catherine Weaver and John Henry.
5) A comparison between a 1st Edition chapter and a Revised Edition chapter. See how the changes made a difference!
6) Finally, a sneak peek of what you might get in the sequel, Resurrection.

Creating this companion piece could take a long time. Time which is already being spent moderating three wikis; working on short stories; and organizing a 5th Anniversary celebration for TSCC's premiere in January.

So I'd like to know if this companion piece for Reunion is something you'd be interested in, or shall I just use what little spare time I have to work on my other stories?

Nomad79 Post # 218 | Saturday, 17 Nov 2012 - 05:03
actually Russ that's a good idea. i'd say go for it

Jay Post # 219 | Saturday, 17 Nov 2012 - 18:41
Quote (The1Russter)
So I'd like to know if this companion piece for Reunion is something you'd be interested in, or shall I just use what little spare time I have to work on my other stories?

Yea do it. Love the idea of all of them, especially No. 3 & 6. Justa quick question. Did you say a while back that you had, say the first couple of chapters wrote for Resurrection?

The1Russter Post # 220 | Saturday, 24 Nov 2012 - 03:49
I'm going to reveal something about Reunion that so far a great many readers haven't noticed.

The whole story, TSCC S1 & S2 and Reunion, plays on being a metaphor for the film "The Wizard of Oz" John going into the future is Dorothy going over the rainbow. He encounters people much like those he knew in the past but they are different. Weaver is the equivalent of the Snake-oil salesman being the Wizard. She has a plan a means for saving John and the world in some grand scheme, but in truth she's just a con man running the biggest con of her life. Kyle is the scarecrow, loyal, brave and true. John Henry is the Tin-man, mechanically he doesn't have a heart, but shows he has one all the same. Andy is a bit like the Cowardly Lion, scared in tense situations, but when called on, shows his true mettle. Then there's Cameron. She is both the dream and the reality. John discovers a Cameron in the future much like his own but very different. He felt love for her and she for him, but his Cameron was back home in reality. For John to get his Cameron back, he had to leave behind the dream. He had to go back over the rainbow to discover that all he needs and wants is right there in his own back yard with the people who love him, and he loves in turn. The only way that could happen was for the dream to shatter, sending John back into reality.

Message edited by The1Russter - Sunday, 25 Nov 2012, 01:42

Jay Post # 221 | Sunday, 25 Nov 2012 - 19:17
I don't want to seem a little late for the boat, But when reading the thread "Cartoon Continuation of TSCC" some one said "We could try the Cameron killed John theory" What is this? Can some one point me in a diretion as to where to find it. smile

The1Russter Post # 222 | Sunday, 25 Nov 2012 - 23:28
Quote (Jay)
I don't want to seem a little late for the boat, But when reading the thread "Cartoon Continuation of TSCC" some one said "We could try the Cameron killed John theory" What is this? Can some one point me in a diretion as to where to find it. smile

It was assumed by many fans, despite there being no clear evidence to support such a theory, that the reason Cameron came back in time to help young John Connor was because she was responsible for killing him in the future, borrowing the idea from T3. Though it is an interesting theory, it is based solely on opinion and supposition of what little of the future has been presented to us in the course of the series. Though I find it an interesting theory, it has already been presented to us once in T3.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 223 | Monday, 26 Nov 2012 - 00:06
Group: Administrators
Quote (The1Russter)
Quote (Jay)

It was assumed by many fans, despite there being no clear evidence to support such a theory, that the reason Cameron came back in time to help young John Connor was because she was responsible for killing him in the future, borrowing the idea from T3. Though it is an interesting theory, it is based solely on opinion and supposition of what little of the future has been presented to us in the course of the series. Though I find it an interesting theory, it has already been presented to us once in T3.

I support that theory but if Arnold mentioned that in T3, the reason i'm a firm believer is based on my interpretation of hints given by Josh Friedman in TSCC itself. TSCC has nothing to do with the Terminator franchise (to be honest i once mentioned T3 to support my theory but this is not a relevant argument).

The point was discussed at the SG Wiki in this thread : Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Side note : at that time, my username was michelangelo

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Jay Post # 224 | Monday, 26 Nov 2012 - 20:21
Quote (The1Russter)
she was responsible for killing him in the future
Oh Yea I see. I thought that happened to when John & Cameron were talking and he said "You want to kill me" and she replied "I might someday" I got and instant feeling that she was the one that killed him. Is there any Fanfics regarding this theory?

The1Russter Post # 225 | Monday, 26 Nov 2012 - 21:01
I got that same feeling too but feelings aren't facts. There is no clear evidence provided in the series that Cameron killed John in the future. All there is, is theory and opinion based upon what has been provided to us thus far in the 31 episodes. We can point to what this character said here, and what this character did here, but its all circumstantial and solely based upon the interpretation of the viewer as to what it means. Last year someone did a fanvid trailer for the first Terminator film making it look like a love story where Sarah had to choose between a man or a machine. A hilarious video because we know what the film is really about. Same thing goes with any other theory regarding the 31 episode of TSCC, anything is possible because we don't know what the full story is. And until we know the rest of the story, our theories are like that fanvid. A source of great amusement when/if we do get the rest of the story.

@Jay I believe there is a fanfic that explored that theory. I don't recall its name. I haven't been reading many fanfics the last couple of years. If it is still out there, then it would be amongst the oldest on fanfiction.net.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanfiction » TSCC fanfictions (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles lives!)
Search: