menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanfiction » TSCC fanfictions (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles lives!)
TSCC fanfictions
The1Russter Post # 166 | Tuesday, 01 May 2012 - 05:44
Group: Writer
Quote (RNBM)
Thanks Russter. It's people like you that keep TSCC going for me. By the way. Like the fact that John found out that Cameron was not Alison earlier that first edition. Made more sense.

Thank you and your welcome. I liked the reveal coming sooner too. You can thank @TheLexy for the idea of Cameron revealing her true identity sooner. I believe she first made the suggestion in August or September of last year. A three or four way conversation then took place involving other people in which I logged all comments and then sat back and let the idea stew until something came up. The only logical place for the reveal to happen was the chapter with the barn scene but I still had to borrow a couple of scenes from the next chapter to complete the tale. Hard work, but in the end was worth it. Sadly though, that meant the big reveal which came at or near the end of the original story lost its punch so I had to come up with a new ending. I spent a month working on that idea and only decided to use the earlier reveal once I came up with a new ending that worked. It will knock your socks off and the first threads have already begun for the new ending in the latest chapter. And I'll say nothing more on that, not even to confirm or deny theories on what it might be. ;-)

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Tuesday, 01 May 2012, 05:46

The1Russter Post # 167 | Friday, 04 May 2012 - 20:29
New Chapter!

Reunion Part 3 Babylon

Ch. 34 REMEMBER & FORGET John sees to his people, then speaks in private with John Henry.
John Henry shows him data from Catherine's future about Cameron's origins that puts a fresh light on Catherine Weavers trustworthiness.
He also shares Cameron's final seconds as he experienced them. Is there hope for Cameron? John wrestles w/that idea as he sleeps.

The1Russter Post # 168 | Wednesday, 09 May 2012 - 19:09
@rnbm

I get the distinct feeling there is a missing adjective in your review. :-)

First let's look at the whole review:

"I think this was one of the rewritten chapters to date. The Cameron monologue was very well written and I could picture her laying there next to the molten steal. Can't wait for the next chapter. Previously the story was edited but pretty much followed along the same path. Now it's like an alternate ending."

Now the sentence in question:

"I think this was one of the rewritten chapters to date."

Don't see it? Here let's try it this way. ;-)

"I think this was one of the ________ rewritten chapters to date."

Maybe you want me to insert my own adjective. Like those old travel games where some asks you for a certain type of words and you give them nouns, names, colors, adjectives, adverbs, then they read back to you the story with all these wrong descriptive words and names that make a simple story funny.

So I am going to say Purplest, in honor of Cameron.

I've been pulling your leg, Rnbm. Thanks for the nice review.

----

Another chapter coming soon. I'm onto something new right now. I have a missing day that I'm filling in the blanks for - no pun intended. It sort of slipped through in the first edition, and I really didn't explain all that well what happened on that day. Taking the time now to put together a chapter with some new material and reallocating existing material. It brings some balance to the story without everything happening all scrunched up together.

The1Russter Post # 169 | Monday, 14 May 2012 - 15:08
I like how the page for Reunion looks with the new color scheme: http://summer-glau.com/index/tscc_season_3_fanfic_reunion/0-245

I've added some information on a forthcoming chapter I've been working on titled, Missing Pieces. I had to be vague about one key scene in the chapter summary, but I hope you are intrigued enough to read it.

The title is born from the fact that it covers a missing day from the first edition. The idea of something missing stuck in my head as I put together the chapter. Combining Johns planning for the battle, his love of chess, and the people not in his life at present. The theme of Missing Pieces is made clear by chapters end.

Message edited by The1Russter - Monday, 14 May 2012, 15:33

RNBM Post # 170 | Monday, 14 May 2012 - 17:25
Group: Friends
Sorry about the missing word.... Sometimes my mind goes faster than my typing and when I reread what I wrote my mind puts in the missing words. Can't wait for the next updat.

The1Russter Post # 171 | Monday, 14 May 2012 - 20:29
Quote (RNBM)
Sorry about the missing word.... Sometimes my mind goes faster than my typing and when I reread what I wrote my mind puts in the missing words. Can't wait for the next updat.

There's nothing to apologize for. I just couldn't resist teasing you a little. I do the same thing when typing. You hear or see the word in your head, but for some reason it isn't' there on the page. Always good to hear from you and others. Feedback from readers is what fanfiction writers live on.

The1Russter Post # 172 | Tuesday, 15 May 2012 - 15:57
I've updated the page for Reunion on the Red Wiki. Revised the layout, removed the videos as they were slowing page loads, and added information for a new chapter.

http://www.sarahconnorfans.com/page/REUNION

meanoldmoe Post # 173 | Wednesday, 16 May 2012 - 03:24
You know...I really need to catch up on Reunion !!
I think I'm on Ch28...or at least I did a review up to that chapter...not sure tho.

Based on all the hard work Russ has poured into the newest version of Reunion...I'd say this is the top of my list for what I would have loved to have seen as a possible S3 for TSCC !!

Hmmm.... Yeah...Thinking makes my brain hurt ;)

The1Russter Post # 174 | Thursday, 17 May 2012 - 23:23
Thank you Moe!

Last night I got to chatting with my Czech translator and one or two others. The playlists that I created to go with my story came up. I don't know how many here are aware of them. There are links to them on my story page: http://www.sarahconnorfans.com/page/REUNION

REUNION Part 1: The Shadow of Death Unofficial Soundtrack
for Prologue thru Chapter 15

REUNION Part 2: Armageddon Unofficial Soundtrack Disc 1 for Chapters 16 thru 25

REUNION Part 2: Armageddon Unofficial Soundtrack Disc 2 for Chapters 26 thru 32

REUNION Part 3: Babylon Unofficial Soundtrack for Chapter 33 thru Epilogue

The1Russter Post # 175 | Friday, 18 May 2012 - 20:17
New chapter!

REUNION Revised Edition

Chapter 35 The Coming Storm John takes a group of people into LA to collect supplies on the same day Zeira Corp was attacked by the drone.
They return to Crystal Peak and learn how strong Kreilley is at this time. John calls a friend for help.

RNBM Post # 176 | Friday, 18 May 2012 - 22:18
You made my weekend. Good reading with Saturday morning coffee.

The1Russter Post # 177 | Friday, 18 May 2012 - 23:16
Quote (RNBM)
You made my weekend. Good reading with Saturday morning coffee.

Thank you!

I've updated the chapter with a dedication at the end to TSCC with today being May 18th.

Message edited by The1Russter - Friday, 18 May 2012, 23:17

The1Russter Post # 178 | Tuesday, 22 May 2012 - 20:05
I just learned that Reunion has a mention on TVtropes. Can't say that I've heard of the site before today, but I'm pretty hyped that my humble story has gotten a mention on another website. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fanfic/TSCCReunion

EDIT: This was the review that brought it to my attention.
ColBlack 5/22/12 . chapter 1
An incredible story, the best TSCC fic that I've read. Shows how the world works post Judgement Day, as to how be actually live and work across the globe. Great plot with the numerous faction, each with their own aims. I also like how you have made the Terminator 3 film part of it as well. I've read all of it so far (up to Chapter 35) and really enjoy how you've shown John's abilities. Also his relationship with Alison Young is well handled, and the development of John Henry closer towards a human being. Keep it up.

I've noticed it also now has a TvTropes page at http:/tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fanfic/TSCCReunion

Message edited by The1Russter - Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 20:09

The1Russter Post # 179 | Monday, 28 May 2012 - 20:36
New chapter!

Ch. 36 MISSING PIECES Sarah's life goes w/o change as John prepares for the fight to come. Zeira Corp has a visitor from a familiar face.
John meets with an old friend to get his help. When John returns to Crystal Peak, he is faced with a choice that puts the whole base at risk.
Relations with Weaver are severed as John faces the coming days alone. Its time to let go.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6507201/37/

The1Russter Post # 180 | Tuesday, 29 May 2012 - 02:23
I got my first review for Ch. Missing Pieces today from someone I haven't heard from in a long time. Sasha Starr.

Here is Sasha Starr's review:

"Hi. I am still here and still enjoying your great work. What you are doing here with this story is both epic and a testament to your skill and strength of character. When it is done this story will have to be read and reread many times to get the full benefit of your talent. All great story's are like that, giving more and more enjoyment with every reading. Thank you again for all your hard work."

Suffice it to say, I am very humbled by their kind words.

Message edited by The1Russter - Tuesday, 29 May 2012, 02:25

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanfiction » TSCC fanfictions (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles lives!)
Search: