[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Ron Glass, 'Shepherd Book' in Firefly, dies at 71
Ron Glass, 'Shepherd Book' in Firefly, dies at 71
CammyDate: Saturday, 26 Nov 2016, 22:55 | Message # 1
Group: Friends
http://variety.com/2016....1927179

Ron Glass, a prolific TV actor known for playing Ron Harris in the sitcom “Barney Miller” and Shepherd Derrial Book in “Firefly,” has died. He was 71.
The actor’s rep confirmed the death to Variety, but had no further details regarding the cause or location.
Glass was born in Evansville, Ind. and went on to study drama and literature at the University of Evansville. He began his career in Hollywood in episodes of “Sanford and Son,” “Hawaii Five-O” and “All in the Family” in the early ’70s.
In 1975 Glass found his breakout role in “Barney Miller,” set in an NYPD station. His character was a dapper and ambitious intellectual, obsessed with launching his career as a writer. The role earned Glass a Primetime Emmy nomination in 1982 in the supporting actor category.
After “Barney Miller,” Glass would go on to star in 18 episodes of the 1982 “The Odd Couple” remake “The New Odd Couple” as well as making guest appearances on “The Twilight Zone,” “Family Matters” and “Murder, She Wrote,” among other shows. In the late 1999 he appeared on two episodes of “Friends” Ross Geller’s divorce lawyer, Russell.
In 2002 Glass joined Joss Whedon’s cult favorite “Firefly,” playing a spiritual figure with a mysterious past. Glass would also reprise the role in the 2005 movie “Serenity.”

See you space cowboy...

don't bother they're here

Message edited by Cammy - Saturday, 26 Nov 2016, 22:56

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 26 Nov 2016, 23:34 | Message # 2
Group: Administrators
Sad news!

At least we know he'll be in the special kind of heaven.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Sunday, 27 Nov 2016, 03:06 | Message # 3
Very sad news indeed, its hard to forget someone who gave us some magical moments from our much missed beloved show Firefly.

RIP Shepherd.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 27 Nov 2016, 07:24 | Message # 4
I very much enjoyed his portrayal of Shepherd Book.
River freaking out at the sight of the Reverend washing his hair was one of the best Firefly scene!

River freaking out at the sight of the Reverend washing his hair was the one best Firefly scene

AdmiratorDate: Sunday, 27 Nov 2016, 14:42 | Message # 5
Quote Cammy ()
Ron Glass

RIP mr Ron. In Greece we say "Theos shoreston", which means "God to forgive him", because we all have sins. Theos shoreston. cry .

To the Sweetest Terminator in the Verse..., Summtris (game), Twitter

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 29 Nov 2016, 09:32 | Message # 6
10 Memorable Shepherd Book Moments

In memory of Ron Glass, here are the 10 best moments from his performance as Shepherd Book in 'Firefly' and 'Serenity'. As one of the most moral and memorable characters on the show, Book really made an impression on many viewers, and both he, and Ron Glass, will be missed

robboDate: Wednesday, 30 Nov 2016, 03:20 | Message # 7
# 6  What a guy the shepherd! for the ship's crew to turn to. Sadly Ron will be sorely missed for future Comic Con - conventions. 

Oh and that hair, poor River traumatized too much hair. That was an unforgettable clip from Ron and Summer. Priceless! 

Thanks for the memories Ron Glass

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 03 Dec 2016, 18:18 | Message # 8
Extended interview of Ron Glass from the Firefly & Serenity Documentary, Done The Impossible.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 12 Dec 2016, 08:56 | Message # 9
It was a great question and a very emotional moment during Summer's panel at Paradise City Comic Con.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 12 Dec 2016, 13:37 | Message # 10
Ron Glass interview in HD at the Serenity premiere in September 2005, presented in his memory, may he rest in peace.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 09 Feb 2017, 19:53 | Message # 11
I collected photos of Ron Glass at red carpet events or from his tv shows like the sitcom "Barney Miller".

ron glassron glassron glassron glassron glassron glassron glassron glassron glassron glassron glassron glass

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Ron Glass, 'Shepherd Book' in Firefly, dies at 71
Page 1 of 11
Search: