Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Ottawa Comiccon 2014
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By robbo

New comments

KevinInEngland on: Fan made TSCC season 3 trailer

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Roboter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

robbo on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

The1Russter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Charley_Dixon on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Fermi on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Admirator on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Lovely shot of Summer and Val's wedding by Joan Allen

New videos

00:44:18

00:03:44

00:04:51

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 9 of 59«1278910115859»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on Arrow ('Arrow' Recruits Summer Glau for Major Season 2 Role)
Summer Glau on Arrow
Date: Friday, 2013 Aug 09, 02:46 GMT | Message # 121

Friends

`arrow` season 2 another superhero already. a few weeks ago, `arrow` fans were shocked to learn that the DC-comics adapted CW series would soon break its apparent rule of incorporating superpowers by positioning the `barry allen` incarnation of the flash for a potential spin-off series. now, with the `arrow` season 2 premiere set for october 9, executive producer `marc guggenheim` has teased the arrival of another major DC comics super. teasing through coming to `arrow` season 2` guggenheim showed off a concept photo for a van marked `metamorpho`chemical` a clear reference to DC comics superhero `metamorpho` naturally, this isn`t the first time `arrow` will have name-dropped or paid homage to more fantastical elements of the DC universe, but in light of the `flash` announcement, we have to wonder if there could be an appearance from the character himself, or perhaps even a tie-in to the flash`s apparent origins. apart from `metamorpho` or `the flash` `arrow` season 2 will pick up on october 9 some time after the events of season 1 finale `sacrifice` continuing its `batman begins` - influenced storytelling with the addition of new villains `isabel rochev`summer glau` brother blood`kevin alejandro` and `bronze tiger` michael jai white` guest stars `colton haynes` roy harper` emily bett rickards` felicity smoak` and `manu bennett` slade wilson` have all been upgraded to series regulars for the second year in starling city.

Date: Friday, 2013 Aug 09, 09:03 GMT | Message # 122

Site Admin

Ref Message #121

Marc Guggenheim
Coming to Arrow Season 2

concept photo for a van marked `metamorpho chemical`
Arrow co-creator Marc Guggenheim teased the upcoming arrival of DC Comics superhero Metamorpho.

While Arrow producers have said that the show will be grounded and that there won't be supernatural power, it will more difficult to stick to that as more DC Comics superhero or villains keep coming on the show.
They've already explained how their approach concerning Barry's powers:

“When we first meet Barry Allen, he’s just a forensic scientist … an ordinary man.
Part of the fun for the audience … is to see how we view our Arrow take on the Flash legacy. Some of it will feel very familiar to DC Comics, some of it hopefully will feel different, fresh and exciting. The same way we approached Arrow is the same way we’re approaching Barry.”

“The fact he has superpowers, there’s something more relatable about Barry among the Big Seven of the Justice League. He got his powers by accident; he’s not a god, he’s not an alien … his reactions to that feel very … human and grounded.”

Similarly, Arrow's version of The Black Canary character is unlikely to have the superpower of its DC Comic's dopplaganger, — the "Canary Cry" — a high powered sonic scream that could shatter objects and incapacitate enemies...or she can have some sort of man-made sonic device.

Canary Cry

All this reminds me of 'Smallville' producers stubbornly sticking with the “no flights, no tights” rule for Clark Kent...and the many ways they found to aptly bypass the "no flight" rule biggrin

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Friday, 2013 Aug 09, 23:30 GMT | Message # 123

Friends

`arrow` season 2 ups geek cred casting `stargate sg-1` fan favorite. last year, CW superhero drama `arrow` made a tremendous commitment to casting genre stars in securing its geek cred, tapping everyone from `doctor who` to `battlestar galactica` stars in populating the world of `oliver queen` `stephen amell`s` starling city. that trend continues today in casting fan-favorite `stargate sg-1` star teryl rothery for a mysterious new role, but who might the former dr. janet frasier play this time around, news of the casting comes from comic book movie, though it seems no additional details of the recurring character were available, only that rothery identified the role as `very different` from her usual stable of characters. given the role has been identified as recurring, some have speculated that the character may have to do with the introduction of dr. barry allen`s `the flash` into the coming season.

Date: Saturday, 2013 Aug 10, 08:44 GMT | Message # 124

Site Admin

From left to right: Stephen Amell, Manu Bennett, Roger Cross, Michael Jai White and David Ramsey:

I'd take this cast in a fight vs any other cast out there!

Date: Monday, 2013 Aug 12, 22:41 GMT | Message # 125

Site Admin

Former Stargate SG-1 actress Teryl Rothery will play DC Character Jean Loring on Arrow season 2 for a multi-episode arc! She could make her first appearance on the show in the third episode.

Here is the official character description:

JEAN LORING is a savvy attorney from the DC COMICS UNIVERSE who would do anything for her clients. Jean makes her way onto “Arrow” as a longtime friend and legal counsel to Moira Queen, who is on trial for her role in the destruction of The Glades, but soon finds herself pulled into the scandalous lives of the entire Queen family.

Teryl Rothery currently plays Grace on Hallmark Channel drama "Cedar Cove", starring Andy MacDowell and Dylan Neal.

Teryl Rothery and Andy MacDowell on Hallmark Channel drama 'Cedar Cove'.
Teryl Rothery and Andy MacDowell on Hallmark Channel drama 'Cedar Cove'.

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Aug 13, 11:38 GMT | Message # 126

Site Admin

Casting scoop: Ashley Marie Macdonald to guest star on Arrow.

Ashley Marie Macdonald to guest star on Arrow
Ashley Marie Macdonald

There's not much we know about Ashley's role yet but the young model/singer/actress will be playing a damsel in distress in an upcoming episode of Arrow season 2. Will Oliver Queen/Arrow save her in time?

As an aside, Ashley is also a Browncoat - her Twitter bio says "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar" - and she even had a photo taken with Joss Whedon when he visited the fans waiting in line to enter the Firefly 10 years Anniversary panel at San Diego Comic Con 2012.

Joss Whedon and Ashley Macdonald
Joss Whedon and Ashley Macdonald the night before the Firefly 10 years Anniversary panel at San Diego Comic Con 2012

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Aug 13, 11:49 GMT | Message # 127

Site Admin

An official Arrow season 1 soundtrack featuring the music of Blake Neely is due out September 17. All 29 tracks can be previewed on Amazon.

Arrow season 1 soundtrack
Arrow season 1 soundtrack

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Aug 14, 14:55 GMT | Message # 128

Site Admin

Spoiler on Laurel Lance's new job on Arrow season 2!

We already knew from interviews and such that Katie Cassidy’s character Laurel Lance will have a new job on Arrow Season 2, since CNRI is gone and all. But now we have more informations.

TV Guide's Natalie Abrams got the scoop from Arrow's Executive Producers, Andrew Kreisberg:

If Oliver's journey is about becoming a hero, Moira's is about seeking redemption. Unfortunately, her trial will be trouble for Oliver. "This season Laurel is going to be joining the District Attorney's office, so she might have dealings with [the trial]," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells me. "Part of it is that she's trying to stay out of it as much as she can, but as always with these things, bad stuff happens."

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Aug 14, 15:54 GMT | Message # 129

Site Admin

Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoake) has lifted the lid a bit on some of the interactions between the Felicity, Isabel Rochev (Summer Glau) and Oliver Queen in a video interview from Comic-Con (funnily enough, her Arrow co-star Colton Hayes says jokingly to Emily that she might have revealed too much).

Emily Bett Rickards and Colton Haynes Talk Arrow Season 2 at San Diego Comic Con 2013 - some Season 2 spoilers are talked about, so be warned!

Read more in the Blog: Arrow Spoiler: Felicity got Oliver's back

Date: Thursday, 2013 Aug 15, 02:12 GMT | Message # 130

Friends

arrow season 2 colton haynes teases `red spandex` role. arrow fans have been puzzling over speedy`s true identity all season, it looked like younger sister thea `willa holland` was a shoe in for the role as oliver queen`s sidekick, until `colton haynes` roy harper` appeared on the scene. has he stolen her job. `its funny - when i came aboard, she asked me the same thing, `interesting enough, there`s been a few times where i`ve called her speedy and she`s called me speedy and they`ve taken those scenes out of the show` haynes revealed that when `arrow season 2` begins, time will have jumped forward 4 months and oliver will be missing. this gives roy a chance to step up, following the destruction of his home, the glades. `he thinks that because he`s been searching for the vigilante the entire team that he can easily become him, which i don`t think is the case,`haynes tells us. `we`ll still see him being the smart-ass wannabe that he is, but hopefully he becomes something` on the show, roy`s red hoody alludes to speedy`s scarlet comic-book costume but haynes revealed that he might be going all the way this season. `i have a feeling that possibly red spandex might be in my future` he says, ` i`m trying to get in really good shape` there are few different iterations of `roy harper`s alter ego in the comics, including titans stalwart arsenal, justice league regular red arrow or the original kid-sidekick speedy, haynes` personal favourite is arsenal, because of the emotional baggage he brings. `he starts to develop a drug problem and he really has to get down and out before he as a redeeming quality` he explains. `it would be really nice to take that route, to go through the struggles his character has to go through in order to team up with oliver`

Date: Friday, 2013 Aug 16, 00:12 GMT | Message # 131

Friends

`Arrow` Season 2 Casting News!

The Killing star Bex Taylor-Klaus joins Arrow as DC Comics character of Sin

'The Killing` star Bex Taylor-Klaus joins as classic DC character. From supervillains to Scarlet speedsters, `Arrow` season 2 seems to get bigger and bigger with each passing day. The CW DC drama has already cast a plethora of new stars in its sophomore season beginning october 9 but has made a real `killing` of its latest casting in AMC breakout star `Bex Taylor-Klaus` `The Killing`s former bullet will crop up in Starling City opposite series regular `Colton Haynes` Roy Harper` but what famous DC character might the young star play, and what does it mean for season 2. According to the CW sources, young texas native Taylor-Klaus will take the DC comics role of `Sin` known in the books as a groomed successor of `Lady Shiva` and eventual adopted daughter of `Oliver Queen` and `Dinah Lance`

Arrow`s` version will see Klaus recurring in the third and fourth episodes of the new season, described as `a wayward youth who is befriended by the `Black Canary`and has a connection with fellow street urchin, Roy Harper` the DC character was also known for an association with the league of assassins, whose presence had been teased through `Malcolm Merlyn` John Barrowman` in the first season.

Taylor-Klaus had recently been photographed on the Vancouver set, looking far less youthful than her `Killing` counterpart and being chased through a used car dealership opposite Haynes (see photos below).  It certainly seems as if the character`s fighting skills and agility have been left well intact.  What a season 2 of `Arrow` is gonna be mind blowing and very explosive roll on october 9, this is gonna be some show!

Source photos: Vancity Filming

Date: Friday, 2013 Aug 16, 08:11 GMT | Message # 132

Site Admin

Caity Lotz and Stephen Amell on set of Arrow season 2!

Paul Blackthorne, who plays detective Quentin Lance on Arrow, posted a picture of Caity Lotz, who plays a Black Canary precursor,  talking to Stephen Amell, who plays Oliver Queen, before filming yesterday.

The three of them were filming scenes yesterday as part of Arrow’s first unit.

Caity Lotz and Stephen Amell on set of Arrow season 2

Date: Friday, 2013 Aug 16, 23:24 GMT | Message # 133

Site Admin

We previously reported that Episode 2.04 of Arrow was titled "Living Is Not For The Weak". We have learned that it is now titled "Crucible".

Date: Sunday, 2013 Aug 18, 01:08 GMT | Message # 134

Site Admin

TV GUIDE: RETURNING FALL SHOWS: WHERE WE LEFT OFF

Arrow (The CW)
Premieres: Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 8/7c

Where We Left Off: Oliver was unable to stop the Dark Archer from destroying The Glades, for which Moira publicly took responsibility. As a result of the Undertaking, Tommy died while trying to save Laurel.

What's Next: Season 2 picks up five months after the events of the finale, as Oliver struggles with the aftermath of the Queen family name being synonymous with mass murder. Season 2 will see Oliver go from vigilante to hero with a little help from some new faces, including the Black Canary and Flash. We'll also see two major new villains in addition to the Suicide Squad, which will include Deadshot and Bronze Tiger (Michael Jai White). Summer Glau and Kevin Alejandro also join the series as Isabel Rochev and Sebastian Blood, respectively.

Date: Monday, 2013 Aug 19, 20:42 GMT | Message # 135

Site Admin

Episode 2×05 of Arrow will be called “The Demon’s Head”. As of today, we don't know if Summer Glau's character Isabel Rochev will appear in this episode.

Short synopsis: "It will feature a character called Awwal who is a Dark Archer, trained by Merlyn. He is after Lisa."

Read more in the Blog section.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on Arrow ('Arrow' Recruits Summer Glau for Major Season 2 Role)
Page 9 of 59«1278910115859»
Search: