MCM Belfast Comic Con
June 24-25, 2017

MCM Ireland Comic Con
July 1-2, 2017

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By KevinInEngland

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By KevinInEngland

Summer Glau at Rhode Island Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Ron Glass, 'Shepherd Book' in Firefly, dies at 71
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By chrisdvanne

The Secret History of The Beast Wizard in TSCC via io9
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By KevinInEngland

Lost Wiki header for The Cape Wiki
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fan-made video reminds us why we love Summer

Александр XF on: GQ Photo shoot update

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: GQ Photo shoot update

ec039 on: GQ Photo shoot update

New videos

00:05:42

00:01:20

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 8 of 59«126789105859»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on Arrow ('Arrow' Recruits Summer Glau for Major Season 2 Role)
Summer Glau on Arrow
Date: Saturday, 2013 Aug 03, 17:01 GMT | Message # 106

Friends

well thanks dylangillian but I think I have to download them.. somewhere else then my computer.. wink

@chris 

My google skills revealed the less clothed Images :P

http://all-hollywood-starz.blogspot.de/2013....13.html

thanks to you both for the hints =)

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Date: Sunday, 2013 Aug 04, 17:42 GMT | Message # 107

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Quote (chrisdvanne)well the lady in the white dress above..
A simple Google search for Kelly Hu images, reveals her hotness.

Still, I managed to find a photo of the 45 years old beauty fully clothed (no idea who is the bearded old man next to her):

Side note: I don't know what's going on on tv with middle-aged Asian beauties; see Ming Na on SHIELD.
Yeah, I've actually noticed that about Ming Na just before I've noticed Kelly Hu's age aswell. I honestly wouldn't give em half their age tbh. lol

And btw that Santa Claus next to Kelly Hu so reminds me of George Lucas, but then again it couldn't be him, he's too old to race cars. tongue

Message edited by Metal - Sunday, 2013 Aug 04, 17:45

Date: Sunday, 2013 Aug 04, 18:57 GMT | Message # 108

Site Admin

Quote (Metal)
And btw that Santa Claus next to Kelly Hu so reminds me of George Lucas, but then again it couldn't be him, he's too old to race cars.

I knew perfectly who was the guy standing next to Kelly Hu, and it looks like George Lucas is not too old to race cars biggrin

Race contestant George <br /> Lucas in his car at Press Day for the 2007 Toyota Pro/Celebrity <br /> race .
Apr 03, 2007; Long Beach, CA, USA; Race contestant George
Lucas in his car at Press Day for the 2007 Toyota Pro/Celebrity
race . The 31st annual race to be held on April 14 in Long
Beach will raise over $100,000 for "Racing for Kids" which
benefits children's hospitals in Southern California.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Sunday, 2013 Aug 04, 22:20 GMT | Message # 109

Site Admin

And now a remark on Summer Glau's character name, Isabel Rochev.

Summer Glau as Isabel Rochev on Arrow
Summer Glau as Isabel Rochev on Arrow

It should not be "Rochev" but Rocheva or Rochevna. For Russian Family name, it is fairly common knowledge that if the surname (family name) ends in a consonant like "v", the female members of the family add the letter "a" to the end of the name. A couple of popular examples of this would be Yuri Sharapov, father and former coach of Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova, or brother and sister Russian tennis stars Marat Safin and Dinara Safina.

As for comic book heroines of Russian origin, it seems that the writers follow Western/Anglo naming conventions, which means that they don't use the feminine form of the (fictional) family name. Since Arrow's writers don't stick to the origin story of the comic book characters, I don't see why they should follow Russian conventions anyway.

On unrelated topic, Oliver Queen has a weakness for dangerous women, I have no doubt Summer Glau's Isabel Rochev will enter his love life. To be honest, there's another theory: Isabel Rochev could be Robert Queen's illegitimate daughter. We'll see..

Date: Sunday, 2013 Aug 04, 22:57 GMT | Message # 110

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Isabel Rochev could be Robert Queen's illegitimate daughter.

that would be really interesting and fun to watch.

knowledge is power.

Date: Monday, 2013 Aug 05, 00:18 GMT | Message # 111

Friends

chrisdvanne, yes, this is true. If this character has Russian roots, his last name should be written as Rocheva. wink

Message edited by Frank - Monday, 2013 Aug 05, 00:19

Date: Monday, 2013 Aug 05, 00:56 GMT | Message # 112

Site Admin

Quote (dylangillian)
Isabel Rochev could be Robert Queen's illegitimate daughter.
that would be really interesting and fun to watch.

You have to remember that the comic book character is said to have had an affair with Oliver's father Robert Queen, but I don't think Arrow's writers will follow that path (just like Isabel Rochev is not blonde or isn't wearing a mask in the tv show, judging from the trailer).

Quote (Frank)
chrisdvanne, yes, this is true. If this character has Russian roots, his last name should be written as Rocheva.

I should have asked you first Frank, but I'm glad you confirm it smile

Date: Monday, 2013 Aug 05, 10:54 GMT | Message # 113

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
You have to remember that the comic book character is said to have had an affair with Oliver's father Robert Queen, but I don't think Arrow's writers will follow that path (just like Isabel Rochev is not blonde or isn't wearing a mask in the tv show, judging from the trailer)

yeah that's true, but i think they will stick with some things in the comic books.

knowledge is power.

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Aug 06, 08:41 GMT | Message # 114

Site Admin

Funny!

In this exclusive interview, cousins Stephen Amell from “Arrow,” and Robbie Amell of “The Tomorrow People” become the interviewers, getting unique details from each other for Access about growing up together.

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Aug 06, 14:22 GMT | Message # 115

Site Admin

Good news for all fans of Summer Glau and Emily Bett Rickards!
Judging from the Arrow season 1&2 sizzle reel, Felicity is present in every scene with Isabel Rochev and Oliver Queen; watch the screencaps (click to view in larger size):

Felicity is present in every scene with Isabel Rochev and Oliver Queen
See the blurry blond thing standing
in the background? This is Felicity!

Felicity is present in every scene with Isabel Rochev and Oliver Queen
Felicity is on the right, wearing a
(revealing) blue dress.

And now I hope everyone is even more excited to watch the snappy scenes between Isabel, Oliver and Felicity (and Diggle).

On the same topic, read a comment at: Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Aug 07, 11:56 GMT | Message # 116

Site Admin

TVLine's Michael Ausiello teased Arrow fans with a minor but surprising spoiler in his columns:

Ausiello: If you ever wondered how Oliver’s island existence, seen in flashback, could have been any worse, here’s a short answer for you: pirates.

Did he say "pirates"?
DC Comics are full of pirates or pirate-themed characters but could Arrow's version simply be Deathstroke?

In DC Comics 'Flashpoint' written by Geoff Johns, Deathstoke appears as the captain of his own ship, called 'The Ravager'. It is worth noting that Geoff Johns occasionally works for Arrow tv show and will take on the Flash character in Arrow season two and more importantely in the tv spin-off that should follow.

In DC Comics 'Flashpoint', Deathstoke appears as a pirateIn DC Comics 'Flashpoint', Deathstoke appears as a pirate

Of course there's always this familiar version of the pirates smile

Date: Thursday, 2013 Aug 08, 13:15 GMT | Message # 117

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
If you're still not convinced to watch Arrow and think The CW is a channel for female teenagers, I invite you to read this "old" article (which means spoiler free) that sums up perfectly what the show is about.

Link to article: Why You Should Be Watching The CW’s New Series “Arrow”
That's right.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Aug 08, 13:21 GMT | Message # 118

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Good news for all fans of Summer Glau and Emily Bett Rickards!
Judging from the Arrow season 1&2 sizzle reel, Felicity is present in every scene with Isabel Rochev and Oliver Queen; watch the screencaps (click to view in larger size):

See the blurry blond thing standing
in the background? This is Felicity!

Felicity is on the right, wearing a
(revealing) blue dress.

And now I hope everyone is even more excited to watch the snappy scenes between Isabel, Oliver and Felicity (and Diggle).

On the same topic, read a comment at: Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
Summer/Isabel appears to be holding something and judging by her bag, she travels light. Not much room in it for a gun or whatever.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Aug 08, 14:17 GMT | Message # 119

Site Admin

Arrow producers and online blogger (that includes me) are very well aware that a large part of the Arrow fandom is shipping Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoake, hence the Olicity word you see everywhere. It's interesting to note that Arrow producers have obviously a long term vision of the show, yet they don't hesitate to please and tease the fans; this is probably one of the reasons why Emily Bett Rickards was promoted to series regular in the second season and why they have made so much hints at Olicity on the show.

Will Oliver and Felicity get together in season 2?
Are Arrow producers "pushing" the Olicity ship too hard?

But the PTP also tease the fans on Twitter, like this message send by Arrow co-creator Marc Guggenheim: "Oliver lies on top of Felicity shirtless in ep 201"

Of course it is not to be taken seriously and Oliver is not going to fall in love with Felicity any time soon but it's funny to note how the Olicity ship is nurtured regularly.

More recently, a blogger at EW posted an article that was obviously written to please the Olicity shippers: 'Arrow' scoop: Will Oliver and Felicity get together in season 2?

I gotta hand to excutive producer AJ Kreisberg, he’s totally right when he says: "You gotta tease fans just the right amount."

Date: Thursday, 2013 Aug 08, 23:04 GMT | Message # 120

Friends

absolutely love the role of felicity smoake, `emily bett rickards` i thought she stole the show in season one, especially when she was helping walter steele, `colin salmon` she was a real gem as a computer hacker, i knew straight away from the beginning that she would be upgraded to a series regular, even better when she joined forces with oliver queen, such a cool actress she is gonna be awesome in season two of `arrow`

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on Arrow ('Arrow' Recruits Summer Glau for Major Season 2 Role)
Page 8 of 59«126789105859»
Search: