[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 59 of 59«12575859
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on Arrow ('Arrow' Recruits Summer Glau for Major Season 2 Role)
Summer Glau on Arrow
robboDate: Thursday, 23 Jun 2016, 01:02 | Message # 871
Group: Friends
'Arrow' Adds Artemis For Season 5 

Troubled teen Evelyn Sharp (Madison McLaughlin) will return to "Arrow" in Season 5, and after her brief stint behind Black Canary's mask last season, she's definitely been bitten by the vigilante bug. Evelyn was last seen in episode 419, "Canary Cry," when she impersonated the fallen Black Canary to seek revenge on Damien and Ruve' Darhk for the murder of her parents. 

McLaughlin will be reprising her role as Evelyn for multiple episodes beginning in episode 502, and will be taking on a new DC Comics persona: Having tried to assume the mantle of Black Canary last season, Evelyn now aims to forge her own identity as the masked archer known as Artemis. 

In the comics, Artemis was the daughter of villains Tigress and Sportsmaster, and a member of the Injustice Society, although the character was given a heroic twist in DC animated series "Young Justice," where she became Green Arrow's sidekick after Roy Harper left the group. Evelyn certainly demonstrated some less-than-heroic tendencies last season, but perhaps the example set by Oliver (Stephen Amell) and the rest of Team Arrow can help keep her on the right path. 

"Arrow" Season 5 will premiere Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 8.p.m on The CW, leading into freshman drama "Frequency" at 9 p.m. 

Via: Variety

robboDate: Thursday, 23 Jun 2016, 01:22 | Message # 872
Arrow: Season 5 Casts The Walking Dead Alum Chad L. Coleman 

Arrow is adding a familiar face to the cast in Season 5. The Walking Dead alum Chad L. Coleman has been cast in the recurring role of Tobias Church. 

Tobias Church is described as "an imposing gangster looking to unite the various criminal enterprises in Star City under his own singular command." The villainous character will first be seen in Season 5's premiere. 

Coleman is best known for playing Tyreese on The Walking Dead and for portraying Dennis "Cutty" Wise on The Wire. He recently appeared on Syfy's The Expanse as Col. Frederick Lucius Johnson and History's Roots as Mingo. 

Meanwhile, Arrow's executive producers say Season 5's flashbacks will finally resolve some unanswered questions about Oliver's time in Russia and his Bratva tattoo. 

Via: IGN

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 23 Jun 2016, 13:21 | Message # 873
# 872 robbo.  TSCC never gets a mention.  Boo.  We know he was the cyborg under John's orders to transport the cold-box to an oil-rig way across the Pacific Ocean towards Australia.
Who can forget the name Queeg, also played by Humphrey Bogart, who played Lt. Cmdr. Philip Francis Queeg.   It was an extremely good film and highly recommended to view, as I believe the story of the U.S.S. Jimmy Carter, TSCC, written by Josh Friedman & Ashley Edward Miller, was probably inspired by this film.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046816/ (1954)

The Caine Mutiny (1954)
When a US Naval captain shows signs of mental instability that jeopardizes the ship, the first officer relieves him of command and faces court martial for mutiny.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Thursday, 23 Jun 2016, 14:04

robboDate: Wednesday, 29 Jun 2016, 03:21 | Message # 874
Arrow: Tyler Ritter Nabs Recurring Role 

Star City PD is staffing up in the wake of Captain Lance's firing. 

Arrow has booked Tyler Ritter (The McCarthys) to join the Season 5 cast in the recurring role of Detective Malone, SCPD's newest cop. 

Ritter joins a growing list of Season 5 newbies that also includes Chicago P.D.'s Josh Segarra (in the series-regular role of D.A. Adrian Chase aka Vigilante), Reaper alum Rick Gonzalez as the DC Comics character Wild Dog and The Walking Dead's Chad L. Coleman as new villain Tobias Church. 

In addition to his lead role in CBS' short-lived sitcom The McCarthys, Ritter has guest-starred on CBS' NCIS, ABC's Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Freeform's Young & Hungry. 

Via: THR

robboDate: Thursday, 18 Aug 2016, 00:19 | Message # 875
Arrow Casts Rocky IV's Dolph Lundgren As Russian Big Bad 

Rocky IV opponent Dolph Lundgren has booked a recurring role on Season 5 of The CW's Arrow, it was announced on Thursday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour. 

"In our flashbacks, which are set in Russia this season, we are going to be bringing in Dolph Lundgren as a Big Bad," showrunner Wendy Mericle said. 

In addition to his iconic turn as Rocky Balboa's Russkie rival Ivan Drago, the 6-foot-5 Swede's credits also include the Expendables action franchise, The Punisher and Masters of the Universe. 

Arrow returns Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 8/7c, where it now leads into the new drama Frequency. 

Great casting news, should make a great villain. I don't recall iv'e ever seen him in a TV show like?

Via: TVLine

The1RussterDate: Thursday, 18 Aug 2016, 02:12 | Message # 876
Group: Writer
Until the close of the 2015-16 televisions season, I was active on The Cape wiki - http://thecape.wikifoundry.com/ - which expanded to include Arrow S1-4, The Flash S1-2, and Season 1 of Constantine, Vixen, Legends of Tomorrow and last of all Supergirl. I've since decided to focus more on my writing rather than chasing down every news item and piece of episode information for posting.

Over the last four years, I've collected a great number of images I just never had time to upload to the wiki. Resigned to the fact that I probably would never get them uploaded and organized as they should be, I instead created ZIP files of the images and uploaded them to my cloud site. Then I created a download page so people could download ZIP files containing images from the shows mentioned above, with the exception of Vixen of which few images have been promoted, and Supergirl which was a late addition to the site.

http://thecape.wikifoundry.com/page/Download%20Page

I'll only keep the zip files on my cloud site for one year. After that, if no one has downloaded them or begun posting images to the site, I don't care. I really won't. They'll be available for downloading until end of July 2017.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Friday, 19 Aug 2016, 22:29

robboDate: Saturday, 20 Aug 2016, 00:33 | Message # 877
'Arrow' Casts Human Target: Wil Traval To Play Season 5 Role 

Arrow is introducing Human Target in Season 5, and producers have set their sights on Jessica Jones actor Wil Traval to play the DC Comics superhero. 

A professional bodyguard and master of disguise who assumes the identities of those targeted by assassins, the character (aka Christopher Chance) will appear in Episode 5 when he takes on a new client: Mayor Oliver Queen. 

A Human Target series, starring the aforementioned Valley, aired for two seasons on Fox from 2010-2011. ABC attempted its own Human Target series starring Rick Springfield in the 'early 90s, and that one had an even shorter shelf life: it was cancelled after just seven episodes.

Arrow returns Wednesday, Oct.5 at 8/7c, where it now leads into the new drama Frequency. 

Via: TVLine

robboDate: Friday, 04 Nov 2016, 01:28 | Message # 878
Lexa Doig Is Talia al Ghul In "Arrow"

Lexa Doig ("Stargate: SG-1," "Continuum") has been cast has Talia al Ghul in The CW and DC Entertainment's "Arrow" TV series.

The casting finally fills the last of the family line with Matt Nable having played immortal villain Ra's al Ghul in the third season and Katrina Law having taken on the role of his other daughter Nyssa who has recurred on the series since the second season.

This incarnation of Talia is described as: "worldly and cultured, and an elite warrior who doesn't pick sides but rather creates her own. "Doig will appear in multiple episodes starting with the tenth of the current fifth season.

A young version of the character appeared briefly in an episode of "DC's Legends of Tomorrow".

Good casting, at least she looks the part. I remember her in the sci-fi series 'Continuum' as Liber8 member Sonya Valentine, Lexa should be pretty cool when she arrives, mind you episode 10 surely that must be close to the mid-season premiere?

Via: The CW

Lexa Doig attends CTV Upfronts 2016 at Sony Centre for the Performing Arts on June 8, 2016 in Toronto, Canada.

Lexa Doig attends CTV Upfronts 2016Lexa Doig attends CTV Upfronts 2016

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 03 Dec 2016, 20:11 | Message # 879
Group: Administrators
‘Arrow’ 100th episode retrospective: Five decisions the show should regret, at cartermatt.com/

3. You had Summer Glau, and… – You didn’t really do anything interesting with her. Out of all of the show’s recurring guest stars the former “Firefly” star is one of our favorites, but it didn’t feel like the show figured out what they wanted to do with her until close to the end of season 2. By that point, she was barely a flash in the pan to a larger Deathstroke story.

Sad but true!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 03 Dec 2016, 22:35 | Message # 880
# 879 Ah Chris.  I thought this story was going to be about too much going on in the show.  I think they should keep it a little more simple.

I too was discussing this with a fan only a few days ago.  One minute she was in the series Arrow then all of a sudden a big guy chops her with an axe or a sword and that's the end of her.  We never even saw her meet her final end - she was out of sight.  What happened there?  Did she need to get out of the show quickly?   They could have at least given us some blood squirting high in the air. (Not real blood... obviously).

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Saturday, 03 Dec 2016, 22:36

robboDate: Saturday, 10 Jun 2017, 00:32 | Message # 881
Arrow Season 6 Premiere Date Revealed!

The CW has already announced a premiere date for the sixth season of Arrow!

The Arrow Season 6 premiere will air on Thursday October 12 at 9PM ET/PT following Supernatural. Yes, Arrow is moving to Thursdays!

Season 6 will star Stephen Amell and no one else because they all blew up on Lian Yu. We're kidding!

Via: GATV

CW NETWORK'S 2016 UPFRONT

CW NETWORK'S 2016 UPFRONTCW NETWORK'S 2016 UPFRONTCW NETWORK'S 2016 UPFRONT

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on Arrow ('Arrow' Recruits Summer Glau for Major Season 2 Role)
Page 59 of 59«12575859
Search: