Latest Photos

Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!

New messages Members Forum rules Search

Page 4 of 59«1234565859»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on Arrow ('Arrow' Recruits Summer Glau for Major Season 2 Role)
Summer Glau on Arrow
Date: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 11:02 GMT | Message # 46

Site Admin

Quote (robbo)
`arrow` season 2 big bad that follows malcolm merlyn, `our goal was to come up with someone who was as good an antagonist for oliver as malcolm was without being a malcolm merlyn clone``this is someone who is going about things in a very different way than malcolm did and is perhaps even more deadly as a result`

It sounds very much like Summer Glau's character Isabel Rochev. I have the feeling this interview has been made a few days ago but the announce of Summer Glau joining Arrow occurred inbetween and ruined this interview.

Executive producer Marc Guggenheim hinted the arrival of two big bads, a "Malcolm-esque big bad and a Dark Archer-esque big bad." I have commented in the Blog "Arrow: Deathstroke meets another Terminator", who these two big bads should be.

Deathstroke the Terminator meets another Terminator in Arrow

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 11:24 GMT | Message # 47

Site Admin

Speaking about SDCC 2013, DC Collectibles will be releasing action figures, including Arrow’s Oliver Queen and Deathstroke; here's an exerpt from the press release and an image.

DC COLLECTIBLES TO UNVEIL IMPRESSIVE NEW LINE-UP OF TOYS AND COLLECTOR ITEMS AT SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON

‘Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure,’ ‘Arrow,’ Wonder Woman and DC Comics Super-Villains Take Center Stage with an Array of New Offerings

DC Collectibles, the exclusive line of collector items from DC Entertainment, announced today an extensive slate of new statues and action figures leading up to San Diego Comic-Con. Timed to the convention, DC Collectibles will unveil a new Wonder Woman statue line, Art of War; an all-new action figure line based on the popular Warner Bros. Television series Arrow (Wednesdays 8/7c on The CW); a new blind-box vinyl figures line based on Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment’s upcoming game Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure; and Super Villains Suicide Squad action figures, among others. The new products will be highlighted during the DC Collectibles official panel on Thursday, July 18 from 6:00 – 7:00pm PT in Room 5AB.

Read more at news.toyark.com

The CW's Arrow Oliver Queen and Deathstroke Action Figure by DC Collectibles
The CW's Arrow Oliver Queen and Deathstroke Action Figure by DC Collectibles

While waiting for the Isabel Rochev action figure, you can take a look at the River Tam and fan made Cameron action figures.

Date: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 14:45 GMT | Message # 48

Friends

Quote (dylangillian)
Quote (Cegorach)How much time it takes to film an entire season?
it takes them 3 months, since they're airing the first episode on october 9th.
Weell that really depends, that's for sure for the first ep of season 3 for sure, but it isn't certain for the whole season as they may still continue shooting or at least producing for sure after the 1st ep of season 3 goes live. 

So it's hard to say, it really depends and it can be different from show to show.

Date: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 14:58 GMT | Message # 49

Friends

Quote (Metal)
Weell that really depends, that's for sure for the first ep of season 3 for sure, but it isn't certain for the whole season as they may still continue shooting or at least producing for sure after the 1st ep of season 3 goes live.  So it's hard to say, it really depends and it can be different from show to show.

well that's true, they may still have to make a couple of episodes when they start airing the new season (it's season 2 btw not 3).

knowledge is power.

Date: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 15:01 GMT | Message # 50

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Quote (robbo)`arrow` season 2 big bad that follows malcolm merlyn, `our goal was to come up with someone who was as good an antagonist for oliver as malcolm was without being a malcolm merlyn clone``this is someone who is going about things in a very different way than malcolm did and is perhaps even more deadly as a result`
It sounds very much like Summer Glau's character Isabel Rochev. I have the feeling this interview has been made a few days ago but the announce of Summer Glau joining Arrow occurred inbetween and ruined this interview.

Executive producer Marc Guggenheim hinted the arrival of two big bads, a "Malcolm-esque big bad and a Dark Archer-esque big bad." I have commented in the Blog "Arrow: Deathstroke meets another Terminator", who these two big bads should be.

Yeah, I read it aswell and I ve instantly got the image of Summer's char being the Malcolm-squee and Deathstroke being 
the other. But I don't think that the announce of Summer joining ruined it by an ounce. On the contrary, I find it even more interesting and with the 2nd villain in play as well the next question for me is who will be the "small" villains, how will they play out in the story in comparison with the main villains. And I wonder will Isabel & DS really be the two main villain hence they are announced so early. As I am nearly 99,9% sure about Summer's being the Malcoms-que 1, I more like 0,01% sure about the other. 

We know for sure that whatever happens between the Arrow and Deathstroke it will take place on the island as the head on a stick with sticked arrow in it kinda stick the fact up that Slade never left the island, so the next question is will the black arrow-sque char will be DS or it be another char in the present that will follow in the same timeline along Isabel. That's if Summer's character turns to be the malcom one, which will be great because that will surely mean that we will be seeing nearly or maybe even a full season if not more of Glausomeness. To which I can't complain. :P

Date: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 15:04 GMT | Message # 51

Friends

Quote (dylangillian)
Quote (Metal)Weell that really depends, that's for sure for the first ep of season 3 for sure, but it isn't certain for the whole season as they may still continue shooting or at least producing for sure after the 1st ep of season 3 goes live.  So it's hard to say, it really depends and it can be different from show to show.
well that's true, they may still have to make a couple of episodes when they start airing the new season (it's season 2 btw not 3).
2 * 
*facepalm* 

I'm getting all mixed up and tangled between all the shows I'm trying to catch up with atm + my natural clumsiness that shows up now and then. :P

Date: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 15:10 GMT | Message # 52

Friends

Quote (Metal)
2 *  *facepalm* 

I'm getting all mixed up and tangled between all the shows I'm trying to catch up with atm + my natural clumsiness that shows up now and then. :P
it happens to the best, i guess you mixed it up with continuum?

knowledge is power.

Date: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 16:09 GMT | Message # 53

Site Admin

Quote (Metal)
As I am nearly 99,9% sure about Summer's being the Malcoms-que 1, I more like 0,01% sure about the other.

We'll see!
Arrow co-creator Mark Guggenheim said the following:
"If the question of Season 1 is, 'What happened to Oliver on that island?' The question of Season 2 is, 'What happened to Slade Wilson (Deathstroke) on that island?'"

There's room for a Villain of the week, and maybe for another big bad villain in Starling City.

Don't miss my latest Blog post: Why Summer Glau will probably enter Oliver's love life and why Olicity and Lauriver shippers should not be afraid. I give more informations about the circumstances of the casting of isabel Rochev.

Arrow: Will Summer Glau be Oliver's new love interest?

Date: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 18:01 GMT | Message # 54

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
There's room for a Villain of the week, and maybe for another big bad villain in Starling City.

Yeah, exactly what I meant, and until the 2nd season starts (maybe even few ep's since start) we won't be exactly able to tell who will the other villain be. I won't be surprised if they end up having more than 1 black arrow like villain in the end, I would actually rather expect that. :P 

S2 hasn't even started, I've barely finished watching s1 and I am so excited already about s2 before it even has started. 

On which I can say that as great as Arrow is it ha a few let downs but in one case it might've as well been a necessary evil as they say and the other one is merely nothing compared to the fact that this show tended to be so much great! I had so much impressions from the 1st season that I may start a dedicated post or topic on that solely wow. To name a few, Felicity is really such a great character, so unique eventho it exploits 1 of the very classical char types of a secretary like librat, but mixing it with the IT mice (so to say ;P) and adding the truly unique pinch of sparkling that Emily Britt is makes this character so much exciting and interesting with every episode you watch. Her jokes/remarks are really the best in the show so far. xD 
On which it is actually surprising how the humor in this show is actually not dry and repeatative or 1 of the 255 quotes of copy/paste that most other shows use to fill in the gaps in the scripts. That's just IMO tho. 

I would love to see more guest stars like Ben Browder, he is such an awesome guy and actor, ever since I watched Farscape I started following his career. His char in Arrow is my fav villain from s1, other one being China White played by Kelly Hu from The Scorpion King. It be fun to see more of her and it's a shame t hey didn't gave Ben a reoccurring role, he can be a lot of fun, but hopefully he'll land his mibonks somewhere soon too. :P 

I also think it'll be nice for once in s2 to have an exception(tho they'll prolly pick some annoying actor) to the rule that everyone in the list has to necessarily be evil, every rule needs to have an exception too. It says that everyone in the list is there for a reason, not that they are there because they surely are evil(tho presumed so). 

It be awesome to add more guest stars to s2. 
Imagine Jewel Staite, Nathan Fillion or the likes of someone as much as unexpected. 
Some Glau flirt time will also be appreciated, if mixed with something it can really be a spark that will start unseen fire. :P

Date: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 21:17 GMT | Message # 55

Site Admin

As an aside, Stephen Amell gets the standard not overly big name star wage of $30,000 per episode i.e. per week/ 8 - 10 days.

I guess we have to wait for SDCC to learn what is the big announce hinted by executive producer Marc Guggenheim.

Date: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 22:28 GMT | Message # 56

Site Admin

I wonder if Arrow will use Summer Glau's years of ballet in one way or another on the show, just like they did on TSCC or The Cape.

TSCC used Summer Glau's years of ballet on the show
TSCC used Summer Glau's years of ballet on the show

Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles > Promos/Stills/Behind The Scene > Stills Season 1

Date: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 23:19 GMT | Message # 57

Friends

But isn't Summer Glau's character in the show supposed to be in love with his dad though?

Date: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 23:21 GMT | Message # 58

Friends

Quote (terminatorgirl)
But isn't Summer Glau's character in the show supposed to be in love with his dad though?

they don't really follow the comics.

knowledge is power.

Date: Thursday, 18 Jul 2013, 03:46 GMT | Message # 59

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
As an aside, Stephen Amell gets the standard not overly big name star wage of $30,000 per episode i.e. per week/ 8 - 10 days.

I guess we have to wait for SDCC to learn what is the big announce hinted by executive producer Marc Guggenheim.

How much is Summer worth these days? I don't even know how much she made on TSCC

Date: Thursday, 18 Jul 2013, 08:59 GMT | Message # 60

Site Admin

Well, hopefully Summer Glau will be featured in one of those stunt rehearsal video one day smile

Ever wonder how they create the amazing stunts in Arrow? Here's your inside look at the chair fight! Don't miss Arrow Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on Arrow ('Arrow' Recruits Summer Glau for Major Season 2 Role)
Page 4 of 59«1234565859»
Search: