[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 36 of 59«1234353637385859»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on Arrow ('Arrow' Recruits Summer Glau for Major Season 2 Role)
Summer Glau on Arrow
KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 23 Dec 2013, 14:01 | Message # 526
Group: Friends
# 524 I suppose it depends upon whether that actress wishes to continue in this genre, or would prefer to branch out and develop her acting talents in a more upbeat TV series or film.  eg Claire Danes went on to become an awesome actress in Homeland.
Arrow might be her stop-off point.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 23 Dec 2013, 14:50 | Message # 527
Group: Administrators
Quote KevinInEngland ()
# 524 I suppose it depends upon whether that actress wishes to continue in this genre, or would prefer to branch out and develop her acting talents in a more upbeat TV series or film.  eg Claire Danes went on to become an awesome actress in Homeland.
Arrow might be her stop-off point.

Every sci-fi actor wishes to branch out and explore more awards-friendly genre, that includes Summer Glau. Unfortunately, she is typecast and I have the feeling she's mostly offered role in the sci-fi genre. Drama "Scent of the Missing" could have been an interesting stop-off point in her career. Hopefully her turn will come.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

The1RussterDate: Monday, 23 Dec 2013, 22:18 | Message # 528
Group: Writer
I'm disappointed that "Scent of the Missing" wasn't picked up by the network that shot the pilot. Sometimes 'pilots' make the rounds and gets picked up by other networks, but with the time has gone past, probably not going to happen this time. I would still like to see the pilot though, perhaps that may find release on DVD

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

robboDate: Tuesday, 24 Dec 2013, 04:30 | Message # 529
"Arrow"  Slade In Comic Book Glory 
Crixus, oops sorry, Slade Wilson is a certified badass in the comics and the show. After seeing Smallville"s bastardization of the character, fans can inhale a breath of fresh air watching Arrow"s faithful portrayal. Manu Bennett burst onto the small screen killing soldiers and his partner, Bill Wintergreen, by stabbing him in the eye with an arrow. Since then he has established himself as a fan favorite even being bumped up to series regular. Fans always knew his friendship would not last long with Oliver. In the pilot episode, we saw an arrow shot through the eye of Deathstroke"s mask indicating a battle between the two. This season Slade was put through the meat grinder. He had to endure Shado/Oliver"s relationship, was then blown up by a grenade, was near death, then injected with the super serum, was near death again, transformed, and saw Shado"s lifeless body before him. Then the twist came. In present day, It"s revealed Brother Blood is not operating by himself, but under Slade Wilson himself! And not just any Slade Wilson. The eye-patch wearing, grey-haired, terrifying, manipulative son of a b*tch we all know and love. It"s like the director ripped the character out from the pages of his comic book and stuck him in front of a camera. Slade has a bone to pick with Oliver. During his monologue, he stated he would corrupt the ones he loved. Immediately, the screen cut to an image of Felicity. Will Slade force her to switch sides or will he straight up kill her? He could repeat history by forcing Oliver to choose between Felicity or Laurel. He wants to absolutely destroy Oliver"s life. Killing a loved one would just be the beginning.
Via WC

StevenDate: Tuesday, 24 Dec 2013, 11:12 | Message # 530
Hey, guys  we can enjoy the Arrow 2 in China now , I  like Summer's red dress and one side smile by the way .  Back home , enjoy the Christmas Eve !Merry Christmas Everyone!

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 24 Dec 2013, 11:36 | Message # 531
Quote Steven ()
Hey, guys  we can enjoy the Arrow 2 in China now

Arrow season 1 starts in a few days in France, it seems China is ahead of us wink

The next episode of Arrow titled "Blast Radius" is only a few weeks away, airing January 15, 2014 but The CW released a detailed official synopsis for the episode guest starring Sean Maher as DC villain Shrapnel (see screen shot from the trailer below).

ARROW HUNTS DOWN SHRAPNEL — Oliver must tackle a new threat to the city when bombs start to go off in Starling City. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) discovers the person setting them off is Mark Sheffer (guest star Sean Maher), a man who goes by the nickname Shrapnel. Arrow discovers Shrapnel’s next target is Sebastian Blood’s (guest star Kevin Alejandro) “Unity Rally” and tries to talk the alderman out of hosting it, but he refuses. Arrow sets off to stop the bombing, but Shrapnel tricks him and traps him in a bomb-laced antique store where he is unable to move without setting off the device. While Felicity helps Oliver, Diggle (David Ramsey) races to the plaza to find the bomb before it goes off. Meanwhile, Roy (Colton Haynes) continues to hide his new strength from Thea (Willa Holland) but, after she witnesses his super strength in action at the rally, she demands answers. Laurel’s (Katie Cassidy) suspicions about Sebastian grow stronger once she learns that he grew up with Cyrus Gold, the man who killed Lance’s (Paul Blackthorne) partner. After Donner (guest star Dylan Bruce) refuses to help her investigate, she turns to Arrow (Stephen Amell) for help. Rob Hardy directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Keto Shimizu (#210).

Sean Maher in Arrow 2.10 'Blast Radius'

Edit: It looks like Isabel Rochev is not going to be in the episode (but I could be wrong)! I understand that fans would expect to see Sean and Summer together on screen but this is Arrow, not a continuation of Firefly.

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 24 Dec 2013, 12:29 | Message # 532
# 528 Yes a horrible shame. Susannah Charleson is such a nice, extremely well educated, bright, get-up-and-go, accomplished and caters for the kids at Christmas lady.
She is a professor of journalism and TV - an incredible accomplishment.
There are other things that I could mention too.
I wonder who was happier to meet who? Summer or Susannah?

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 24 Dec 2013, 12:58 | Message # 533
#530 Steven. Happy Christmas from the UK.

robboDate: Wednesday, 25 Dec 2013, 01:47 | Message # 534
The 10 Best TV Shows Of 2013!
(3) "Arrow" The CW"s "Arrow" may seem like a strange inclusion on an overall "best of" list for the year, but the fact remains that the DC superhero drama has gone above and beyond in its second season, elevating the very genre around it. In the same year that showed Marvel"s "Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D." to be an assembly of concepts and characters with very little hook to speak of, "Arrow" managed to entirely reinvent our image of TV superhero dramas, working from the ground up to put character before concept. There"s good reason why TV critics have gone out their way to single "Arrow" out for its must-watch status, and not just for good standing with its producers. Stripping away the convoluted chaos of earlier effort "Smallville" "and smartly adding a dash of "Batman Begins" (okay, more than a dash)" "Arrow" shook up our image of the CW"s hunky teen soaps to deliver a reliably engaging anti-heroic thriller that matched its every impressive stunt feature with a unique and relatable character performing them. Its second season in particular had endured an embarrassment of riches with regard to DC character integration, successfully expanding its premise to a more comic-friendly tone without sacrificing the deeply personal relationships that drive the story behind them. If anything, "Arrow" repeatedly proves itself better than we could have ever expected from such humble beginnings.
Via ScreenCrush

StevenDate: Wednesday, 25 Dec 2013, 06:39 | Message # 535
we can watch the Arrow 2 on the Internet, now it updated to ninth episode, and it's English original, lucky us .;) 

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 25 Dec 2013, 13:45 | Message # 536
# 525 It's true robbo.  My earliest memory was when I was a kid at school of Diana Rigg, in her leathers with a zip down the front, using a whip.  The series was called The Avengers, nothing like the US Avengers, which is totally different.
Diana Rigg leather outfit in 'The Avengers'

robboDate: Thursday, 26 Dec 2013, 00:05 | Message # 537
# 536  Yeah right Kevin, she was really beautiful Diana Rigg as (Emma Peel), especially for the time period the swinging sixties, in her leather clad gear she was a really hot poster girl, (well really a sex symbol!), I just vaguely remember The Avengers from my school days. "wow what a picture she looks amazing."

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 26 Dec 2013, 21:35 | Message # 538
Facebook Exclusive: Emily Bett Rickard Interview

robboDate: Thursday, 26 Dec 2013, 22:12 | Message # 539
# 538  Great Interview, how cute is Emily Bett Rickard"s I could just grab hold of her and give her a cuddle, she is so sweet. favorite villain (The Count) Interesting, how cool she even as a bookcase for her collection of comics, nice one Felicity - sorry Emily. cool

robboDate: Friday, 27 Dec 2013, 02:19 | Message # 540
Arrow Star Stephen Amell Still Hoping For A Shared DC Cinematic And TV Universe 
Now, while Arrow executive producer Greg Berlanti has all but confirmed the two universes are separate from one another, leading man Stephen Amell is still holding out hope that his Green Arrow may one day share the screen with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman as part of the Justice League, telling the Quiver Podcast (via CBM ) that, "Of course, I would like them to have a shared universe, We are trying to put them on a level where if Warner Bros. and DC Comics decided they wanted them to be part of the movie [world], people would but it --- I think that the characters we are creating in our universe can stand next to Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot." Do you agree with Amell? Should Warner Bros. link its two DC universes, or are they best kept separate?
Via CBM

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on Arrow ('Arrow' Recruits Summer Glau for Major Season 2 Role)
Page 36 of 59«1234353637385859»
Search: