MCM Hannover Comic Con
May 20-21, 2017

MCM London Comic Con
May 26-28, 2017

MCM Belfast Comic Con
June 24-25, 2017

MCM Ireland Comic Con
July 1-2, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Ron Glass, 'Shepherd Book' in Firefly, dies at 71
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By chrisdvanne

The Secret History of The Beast Wizard in TSCC via io9
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By KevinInEngland

Lost Wiki header for The Cape Wiki
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fan-made video reminds us why we love Summer

Александр XF on: GQ Photo shoot update

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: GQ Photo shoot update

ec039 on: GQ Photo shoot update

New videos

00:05:42

00:01:20

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 20 of 59«1218192021225859»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on Arrow ('Arrow' Recruits Summer Glau for Major Season 2 Role)
Summer Glau on Arrow
Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 04:31 GMT | Message # 286

Site Admin

Here's the promo for Arrow 2x02 titled 'Identity', seen at the end of tonights episode.

"Identity" Official Description:
DC COMICS' BRONZE TIGER AND CHINA WHITE WREAK HAVOC ON THE GLADES — Oliver (Stephen Amell) finds out the medicine that is being sent to Glades Memorial is being hijacked by thieves. Without an influx of supplies, the hospital will close. Roy (Colton Haynes) attempts to stop the thieves, but he fails and is arrested by Officer Lance (Paul Blackthorne). Oliver gets into a heated battle with China White (guest star Kelly Hu) and her new partner, Ben Turner, AKA the Bronze Tiger (guest star Michael Jai White), over the supplies. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) makes plans to catch the Arrow, and Thea (Willa Holland) gives Roy an ultimatum. Nick Copus directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Beth Schwartz (#202).

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 13:08 GMT | Message # 287

Site Admin

Quote MattM
Of course, it is implied that Isabelle is more dangerous than the no-nonsense, all-business woman she appears to be. I just can't shake the curiosity of seeing how dangerous she can be.

Can't wait to see that! Isabel Rochev's arc continues throughout the second season, so we will have the time to learn her backstory (the fact that Isabel's name was actually on Oliver's list last season will be addressed this season, said exec producer Andrew Kreisberg) and see character development.

Summer Glau put in a good performance as Isabel Rochev. I'm very well aware that boardroom scenes are not what tv watchers expect the most from a sci-fi show based on a comic book character; they want to see Oliver Queen don the hood.
Kudos to Arrow's writers for including a fight within the board room and providing Summer Glau with a more mature role.

Quote Jay
Summer's character definitely comes across as some one you'd love to hate.

Summer's lines did not quite made it for me, when she was mocking Oliver’s education level for example, and I have the feeling her character will not be black and white. But as I said previously, we will see Isabel in following episodes.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 13:33 GMT | Message # 288

Site Admin

Arrow 2.02 'Identity' - Extended Preview

This episode will air on the 16 October 2013

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 13:52 GMT | Message # 289

Friends

wow what a preview, the action on this show is absolutely incredible, just cant get enough of Arrow, great debut from Summer Glau, how mature did she look absolute amazing, with that distinctive voice of Summer, just like listening to cameron all over again, she put in a great performance Isabel and Oliver are gonna be really intriguing, as the season starts to hit top gear, I mean he really made sure he got Isabel out of harms way from the shooters, I wonder was she top priority from being harmed or shot by the shooters, even tho the focus of the action was on Oliver and Felicity dodging bullets, wink

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 14:27 GMT | Message # 290

Friends

Hi guys. I thought Arrow s2,ep1 was very good. I would also like to commend the scenic views of the destroyed city and the panoramic view of the island, especially the last shot which (jokingly put), reminds me of Captain Hook's ship moored in the water. Of course closer observation would say otherwise.
I had a feeling Isabel's red dress would grow on me, she looked better moving than in the stills imo. She also wore another sleeveless blue dress later on when she coldly confronted Oliver only to be thwarted later by (Actor Colin Salmon). I have a feeling she will not be buckled that easy.
There was some awesome action in the episode and like someone said, Felicity has had quite a lot of frightening moments, the latter involving lots of glass and yet another chance to feel Oliver's body up close without actually being asked to do a slow dance.
Credit to the Arrow guys, mass production of grave-stones etc must have been quite a task for this epic first episode.
The back-flashes to the Island are important for the development of Oliver, as we are yet to see how he become so proficient on the bow and arrow.
Also, the Island was necessary for his kissing practice, (with Celina Jade, Shado, whose father died in this story) which he needed to keep in tip top form after losing his girlfriend.
All in all I look forward to the next episode very much.

post # 288 I reran it and reran it, I am pretty sure the mystery ninja is China White, Triad lady. (No disrespect our lovely Summer but I believe she had a little extra weight here and there in the body dept.)

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 14:36

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 14:40 GMT | Message # 291

Friends

Post # 289 robbo. Yes good point. The shooters might not have any intention of killing (in their view) innocent bystanders, so letting the lady in red and even Felicity Smoak (yes smoking Smoak) get away would not matter.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 16:34 GMT | Message # 292

Site Admin

ARROW: 2.03 Broken Dolls – Official Episode Description

Broken Dolls” – (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

OFFICER LANCE’S PAST PUTS LAUREL IN DANGER – Lance (Paul Blackthorne) learns a criminal named Barton Mathis (guest star Michael Eklund), whom he put away years ago, broke out of prison during the quake and is back to torturing and murdering women. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) offers herself as bait so Arrow (Stephen Amell), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lance can catch this villain, but the plan goes awry. Furious, Mathis kidnaps Laurel (Katie Cassidy) in retaliation and plans to murder her while Lance watches.

Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) and Oliver are stunned when District Attorney Adam Donner (guest star Dylan Bruce) seeks the death penalty for Moira (Susanna Thompson). Oliver asks Roy (Colton Haynes) to help him find the Canary (Caity Lotz). Glen Winter directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Keto Shimizu

ARROW: 2.04 Crucible – Official Episode Description

Arrow 2.04 – “Crucible” – (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (HDTV)

OLIVER MEETS THE CANARY – Oliver (Stephen Amell) discovers a man who goes by the name “The Mayor” (guest star Cle Bennett) is bringing illegal guns in to The Glades, so Oliver sponsors a “Cash for Guns” event to help clean up the city. Unfortunately, The Mayor crashes the event with his gang and seriously injures Sin (guest star Bex Taylor-Klaus). The Canary (Caity Lotz) is furious when she learns her friend is in the hospital and sets out for revenge.

Meanwhile, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) stuns Oliver with a bit of information about the Canary, Donner (guest star Dylan Bruce) asks Laurel (Katie Cassidy) to dinner, and Diggle (David Ramsey) reconnects with an old friend.

Eagle Egilsson directed the episode written by Andrew Kreisberg & Wendy Mericle.

There's no mention of Summer Glau in Arrow season 2 episode 2, 3 and 4.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 16:59 GMT | Message # 293

Friends

It's nice to see that both sexes are writing for Arrow, as a woman's touch is necessary.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 19:42 GMT | Message # 294

Friends

i just watched it, and i loved it. summer looked really mature as isabel and it's great to see her play a character that isn't dangerous in like combat, but dangerous in a "work" kinda way (yes i didn't know how to call it otherwise....).

knowledge is power.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 19:53 GMT | Message # 295

Friends

yes dylangillian. It's possible that psychologically Isabel is freaked out by the job she does but shows firm steely resolve in order to get the job done without showing her fear. Just like Summer Glau in fact.
This is just a thoughtful suggestion/possibility, not a fact.

If her back story is true, she might have learnt to be who she is from past experiences in the same way that Oliver Queen did? Who knows....... yet.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 20:30 GMT | Message # 296

Friends

let's hope we see her allot.

knowledge is power.

Date: Friday, 2013 Oct 11, 00:21 GMT | Message # 297

Friends

`Arrow` Season 2  Premiere `City Of Heroes` The Best Episode Yet. `OK ---- so what do you wanna be called` Arrow` evolved hugely over the course of its first season, transforming from a flawed-but-promising series into a truly compelling comic book drama. The show reached a pinnacle with fantastic season one finale `Sacrifice` which saw Colin Donnell`s Tommy die a hero - and, in its season two debut, it shows no signs of scaling things back. In fact, it pushes itself even further, with glorious results - `City Of Heroes` is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best episode of Arrow yet. As promised, Arrow`s supporting players are also integrated into Oliver`s world far more seamlessly than they were in year one. The Ollie / Diggle / Felicity dynamic is re-established from the off and it again becomes immediately clear just how vital this three-way relationship is to the show, Both Emily Bett Rickards and David Ramsey have made themselves utterly indispensable at this point. and while last year Arrow was guilty of wasting Willa Holland, it feels like the writers have noticed - Thea practically gets more to do in `City Of Heroes` than she did all last season. New recruit and cult favourite Summer Glau doesn`t get an enormous amount to do in her first week, It`s true, but the Firefly actress could do this whole `Sexy, cold and slightly alien` routine in her sleep and her frosty dynamic with Oliver is great fun. I look forward to more from Isabel Rochev in the coming weeks. Action, meanwhile, has always been one of Arrow`s strengths - season one boasted some of the most impressive TV fight scenes in recent memory.

Date: Friday, 2013 Oct 11, 11:43 GMT | Message # 298

Friends

It has to be said, that River gave us a clue what she was capable of but it was not right until the very end in serenity that her fans were wowed.
I get the feeling something is brewing and will burst open like a large Magnolia some time in later episodes.
I don't think her fans should hope for another River. I personally feel she might have her own special attributes in this show that do not involve 'WHAT BAM I'M THE 'MAM'. She might be a JR from Dallas.

Your msg # 297 posting certainly said it all. The reporter obviously took notice and enjoyed the show.

Date: Friday, 2013 Oct 11, 15:43 GMT | Message # 299

Site Admin

Arrow: Who is the real Oliver Queen? Don't miss Arrow Wednesdays at 8/7c!

Date: Saturday, 2013 Oct 12, 03:42 GMT | Message # 300

Site Admin

It seems sparks starts to fly between Oliver and Isabel.Watch this exclusive clip from an upcoming episode of Arrow, inwhich Summer Glau's Isabel Rochev is surprised and almost embarrassed to see blood on Oliver's face (shortly after a fight with thugs as The Arrow). Seing Summer Glau's face express Isabel's embarrassment with such subtlety, is a sight to behold.

Read more and watch screencaps in the News section.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on Arrow ('Arrow' Recruits Summer Glau for Major Season 2 Role)
Page 20 of 59«1218192021225859»
Search: