MCM Belfast Comic Con
June 24-25, 2017

MCM Ireland Comic Con
July 1-2, 2017

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By KevinInEngland

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By KevinInEngland

Summer Glau at Rhode Island Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Ron Glass, 'Shepherd Book' in Firefly, dies at 71
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By chrisdvanne

The Secret History of The Beast Wizard in TSCC via io9
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By KevinInEngland

Lost Wiki header for The Cape Wiki
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fan-made video reminds us why we love Summer

Александр XF on: GQ Photo shoot update

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: GQ Photo shoot update

ec039 on: GQ Photo shoot update

New videos

00:05:42

00:01:20

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 3123»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau in NTSF:SD:SUV (New Role for Summer)
Summer Glau in NTSF:SD:SUV
Date: Thursday, 2013 Apr 04, 20:32 GMT | Message # 1

Bloggers

Check out this photograph. It looks like Summer is in a new comedy, NTSF:SD:SUV

NTSF:SD:SUV::

Check out the News: Summer on set of comedy-action series NTSF:SD:SUV::

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Apr 04, 20:34 GMT | Message # 2

Bloggers

Here is more information from Wikipedia.

NTSF:SD:SUV::, short for National Terrorism Strike Force: San Diego: Sport Utility Vehicle, is a quarter-hour format American television comedy that parodies the police procedural and action film genres.

Cast:
Paul Scheer as Trent Hauser
June Diane Raphael as Piper Ferguson
Brandon Johnson as Alphonse Inuit
Kate Mulgrew as Kove
Rebecca Romijn as Jessie Nichols
Martin Starr as Sam Stern
Rob Riggle as President of the Navy
Peter Serafinowicz as the voice of S.A.M.
Karen Gillan as Daisy

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Apr 04, 22:03 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

Thanks for the info and the new thread, Alex!

Of course we're all very excited to see Summer Glau in another show but the question that we are all asking is: when will Summer have a recurring role?

Meanwhile, we should be happy to see that Summer is playing this new role and I suppose it will keep us busy for the coming weeks smile

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2013 Apr 04, 22:13 GMT | Message # 4

Site Admin

For those of you who are not familiar with this comedy show that parodies the action film genre, let me embedd an episode taken from NTSF:SD:SUV:: 's site at cable channel Adult Swim (each episode lasts only 10-15 minutes):

Up Periscope. Down with San Diego
Cody and Sam are captured by Japanese Soldiers who have been lost at sea for 70 years after losing their way to Pearl Harbor. Now the NTSF must find them and stop their long-delayed attack on San Diego.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Apr 04, 23:34 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

National Terrorism Strike Force Teaser - 30-second mock promo

National Terrorism Strike Force Finale - 90-second mock promo

Date: Friday, 2013 Apr 05, 00:01 GMT | Message # 6

Site Admin

Summer's costume reminds me of The Lord of Darkness in 1985's Legend. That's the theme for the episode, am I right?

Date: Friday, 2013 Apr 05, 01:50 GMT | Message # 7

Friends

I'm not a fan of this series, I don't like Adult Swim shows, except Cowboy Bebop. So I think she could do better.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Date: Friday, 2013 Apr 05, 02:21 GMT | Message # 8

Friends

cant even say im a fan of these shows, because i have never even heard of the series so i cant really judge or comment, regarding summer glau on her new part in the show, but if summer is happy im happy and if it keeps her busy for a while until something more positive comes along, hopefully a recurring role which in all honesty she should have had one by now, amazing talent just getting left on the shelf which is just unbelievable, smile

Date: Friday, 2013 Apr 05, 08:58 GMT | Message # 9

Site Admin

Quote (robbo)
cant even say im a fan of these shows, because i have never even heard of the series so i cant really judge or comment, regarding summer glau on her new part in the show, but if summer is happy im happy and if it keeps her busy for a while until something more positive comes along, hopefully a recurring role which in all honesty she should have had one by now, amazing talent just getting left on the shelf which is just unbelievable, :)

100% agree!

Summer Glau should be doing bigger things than scarces guest star appearances. In the meantime, we should support her in everything she does, and hopefully her turn will come.

Our legitimate claim for bigger roles should not diminish our support and sending online positive vibes is the way. This is what I'm trying to do via this fan site and I'm glad you and a few other have chosen to accompany us.

It's up to anyone to like or not one role or another and the Summer Glau Wiki has long been committed to freedom of speech and everyone is free to post in this forum as long as it respects a few rules. My conception of the role of the Summer Glau Wiki is that this fan site should support Summer, her roles and the people who are working with her. Pragmatically, it keeps her busy for a while until something bigger comes along, as you mentioned.

Allow me to add that the people who are working on the series NTSF:SD:SUV:: are probably putting a lot of creativity and energy into doing it; just because NTSF:SD:SUV:: is not as famous as, say TBBT, does not mean its cast and crew are less worth of our respect. More, the sole fact that Summer has chosen to work with them should encourage us to take a careful and benevolent look at the show. I let you imagine the disastrous effect if the only thing that the people of NTSF:SD:SUV:: hear from the fans is "what is Summer Glau doing in this crap, she deserves better". This is not my conception of a supporting, respectful and benevolent fandom. On the opposite, I'm sure that the people who work on the series would be happy to have a positive feedback and see that we Summer Glau fans are interested to see what is coming and what Summer brings to their show. In return, it can only benefit Summer's image when people in the business have positive of constructive feedback from the fans.

Date: Friday, 2013 Apr 05, 19:14 GMT | Message # 10

Friends

Summer in those glasses looks like Bennett Halverson from Dollhouse in Halloween costume, lol

Edit: Btw: I would never judge this show when I first heard about it yesterday. And the same it is with the work of actors, even though I know Kate Mulgrew from Star Trek. Maybe I'm not a fan of these comedy shows, but I saw quite a positive response from fans. Anyway, I'll try to learn more about "NTSF:SD:SUV" and I'll be watching an episode with Summer and maybe even more.

So I have no problem that Summer will be in such kind of show. I just sighed that only guest role again. She deserves a regular role, and I would not mind if it was in something like this show. The most important thing would be if she would hold for a long time on the TV screen and be happy with her work

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

Message edited by ogy86 - Friday, 2013 Apr 05, 23:09

Date: Saturday, 2013 Apr 06, 00:06 GMT | Message # 11

Site Admin

Quote (ogy86)
Summer in those glasses looks like Bennett Halverson from Dollhouse in Halloween costume, lol

I asked for comments on Summer's costume and KortoloB at the Summer Glau reddit had a similar commentary smile
That image reminded me of how sexy Summer is in glasses, as evidenced by her as Bennett.
Seems like Summer acted with that in mind:
"[...] she [Bennett]has been waiting to reunite with [Echo]for quite some time – waiting to get my revenge. I'm making her as creepy as it gets, but I asked Joss, 'Can I still be sexy?'"

Comment from Fox2k11:
the Devil's daughter maybe? or Good Girl gone bad?

Date: Friday, 2013 May 17, 03:36 GMT | Message # 12

Friends

At the beginning of the trailer 3, girls at the bar are fighting and one of them has devilish horns. Is not it Summer?

http://www.adultswim.com/presents/ntsfsdsuv/index.html

Edit: So probably not. If you look closely at "Behind the scenes" another girl has horns

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

Message edited by ogy86 - Friday, 2013 May 17, 03:52

Date: Friday, 2013 May 17, 08:35 GMT | Message # 13

Site Admin

Quote (ogy86)
At the beginning of the trailer 3, girls at the bar are fighting and one of them has devilish horns. Is not it Summer?

As you mentioned , it's not Summer but Gabrielle Union.

Thanks for the heads up, anyway smile

Date: Friday, 2013 Jun 21, 06:43 GMT | Message # 14

Site Admin

This episode of NTSF:SD:SUV is about sentient robot, TSCC fans should love (or hate) it. Don't forget that the tv show is a parody smile

Robot Town
Robot S.A.M. is accused of murder and Trent has to go where no human has gone before: Robot Town, San Diego.

Watch the episode at AdultSwim

Date: Friday, 2013 Jun 21, 08:43 GMT | Message # 15

Friends

Should be good, but knowing this series, with a twist.
Personally I like the idea they are using it for a parody.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau in NTSF:SD:SUV (New Role for Summer)
Page 1 of 3123»
Search: