MCM Hannover Comic Con
May 20-21, 2017

MCM London Comic Con
May 26-28, 2017

MCM Belfast Comic Con
June 24-25, 2017

MCM Ireland Comic Con
July 1-2, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Ron Glass, 'Shepherd Book' in Firefly, dies at 71
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By chrisdvanne

The Secret History of The Beast Wizard in TSCC via io9
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By KevinInEngland

Lost Wiki header for The Cape Wiki
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fan-made video reminds us why we love Summer

Александр XF on: GQ Photo shoot update

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: GQ Photo shoot update

ec039 on: GQ Photo shoot update

New videos

00:05:42

00:01:20

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 512345»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on Hawaii Five-0
Summer Glau on Hawaii Five-0
Date: Friday, 2013 Jan 18, 22:11 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

Big news on twitter.

Apparently Summer Glau i going to make a guest appearance on Hawaii Five-0

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Friday, 2013 Jan 18, 22:29 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

OK I'm jealous much.

Date: Sunday, 2013 Jan 20, 02:11 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

While Summer Glau will probably be remembered for her iconic roles in sci-fi (River Tam and Cameron), at least til she has not landed a lead role in a tv show, i'm a firm believer she's trying to branch out from sci-fi with guest appearance such as this one or in Grey's anatomy.

Also i don't see the point of filming short dramas, such as Dead End or Inside the Box, if not for aquiring credits outside sci-fi.
This is definitively not for money (sci-fi conventions are far more lucrative).

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Sunday, 2013 Jan 20, 02:53 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

great news about summer glau making a guest appearance on hawaii five-o, even tho im not really a big fan of the show, but whatever summer is in i will watch the show because lets face it we are talking summer glau, book em summer, i remember the old hawaii five-o that aired in 70s with jack lord as portraying steve mcgarrett, did quite well lasted for 12 seasons, smile

Date: Sunday, 2013 Jan 20, 09:50 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

Quote (robbo)
i remember the old hawaii five-o that aired in 70s with jack lord as portraying steve mcgarrett, did quite well lasted for 12 seasons

I can't believe it lasted 12 seasons!

Original Hawaii five-o theme song (i've already posted it on the forum before, btw)

Date: Sunday, 2013 Jan 20, 17:34 GMT | Message # 6

Bloggers

If my memory serves, Summer has been shown in two other police procedural shows: CSI Las Vegas and Cold Case. I thought she did a good job in each of these shows. And of course the Cape was a crossover between the SciFi genre and a police show. Even Scent of the missing could be considered a police procedural.

I think all of this goes to show that the people who cast for these shows understand and readily accept that she is a very effective actor who is very effective in telling a story. She seems to be able to use her considerable imagination to fill in a lot of the background and "back story" of the character, particularly the relationships. I know she doesn't write the stories, she doesn't work the camera, or any other of the equally important tasks that go into a production but she gives flawless, polished, and really believable performances. In this regard, she is very workmanlike and practical.

I sincerely hope she continues to go after roles of all types, regardless of what genre they are in. And I think that she has the really good sense to be open to new opportunities. She has said in interviews that she "just wants to get cast" and I suppose this shows her strong work ethic as a working actor. She is not a prima donna, nor a diva, but rather just a solid, capable, and reliable actor.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Date: Sunday, 2013 Jan 20, 17:54 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

Summer Glau is not the first Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles alumni to guest star on Hawaii Five-0.
Read Blogpost : Terminator alumni on Hawaii Five-0

Date: Monday, 2013 Jan 21, 00:34 GMT | Message # 8

Site Admin

Quote (Alex)
She is not a prima donna, nor a diva, but rather just a solid, capable, and reliable actor.

I agree with what you said earlier in your message but may i had that a "solid, capable, and reliable actor" does not develop a loyal and devoted fanbase as Summer Glau managed to do. There must be something else.

This is the archetype of a "solid, capable, and reliable actor"; his face his familiar to everyone, unfortunately noone can put a name on it.

Date: Monday, 2013 Jan 21, 02:30 GMT | Message # 9

Writer

Okay, I've got a question. How much longer do we have to wait for someone to put together a fanvid inserting Summer Glau into H50's opening credits? smile

Take Back the Future! Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Date: Monday, 2013 Jan 21, 06:38 GMT | Message # 10

Bloggers

Quote (chrisdvanne)
I agree with what you said earlier in your message but may i had that a "solid, capable, and reliable actor" does not develop a loyal and devoted fanbase as Summer Glau managed to do. There must be something else.

Well these qualities may mean more to a director or producer than to her audience. I am trying to suggest how the people behind the scenes (no pun intended) feel about her because they have to weigh her considerable appeal that you refer to against what she is like to work with as an actor.

All I am really saying is that I think she is the real (reel?) deal, the whole package: the camera loves her, she is a very talented actor, she has a devoted following, she is a type of genius when it comes to becoming her character, and her peers really like her both professionally and on a personal level.

Peter Who? I kid. He is actually a good actor whom I think by any measure is quite successful given the ultra-competitive world that he and Summer are in. I don't like to make comparisons because it is so hard to be fair but I think your reference is a particularly good one because so very few actors ever achieve the sort of reputation that Summer Glau has even though they are very accomplished actors such as Peter Wingfield.

Date: Monday, 2013 Jan 21, 18:32 GMT | Message # 11

Site Admin

Hawaii Five-0 stunt coordinator Jeff Cadiente (the guy making the shaka gesture) and his stunt team:

On Set

The stunt woman on the right has the same facial features and the same hair as Summer (but not the same build, lol); she could be Summer's stunt double in case of fights, don't you think?

EDIT: Summer's female opponent (next to her) and the bearded guy (Keith Jardine ), as seen in the promo trailer, are present in this photo; as i said before, there's a good chance the women on the right is Summer's double.

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Jan 22, 01:42 GMT | Message # 12

Site Admin

Informations on Summer Glau's guest starring role on Hawaii Five-0 have been published at TVLine.

Summer Glau will play a woman involved with an underground fighting ring who also happens to be searching for the person who murdered her father.
Her episode is tentatively set to air this spring.

Read more in the News.

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jan 23, 06:03 GMT | Message # 13

Bloggers

There are a few alumni of TSCC on H5O. Richard T Jones plays the Governor and in a recent episode, Stephanie Jacobsen who played Jesse Flores also appeared.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Jan 24, 12:27 GMT | Message # 14

Site Admin

User's guide for Summer Glau fans, in anticipation of her guest spot on Hawaii Five-0: don't be surprised if you hear the catch phrase "Book-em Danno" at the end of the episode.

"Book-em Danno", from the tv police drama Hawaii Five-O, is the signature expression uttered by the character of Steve McGarrett (played by Jack Lord) to sidekick Danny "Danno" Williams (played by James MacArthur), usually at the end of each episode when the criminals had been apprehended.

Date: Friday, 2013 Jan 25, 15:19 GMT | Message # 15

Site Admin

User review of Hawaii Five-0 for Summer Glau fans, in anticipation of her guest spot on the CBS's cop drama:

'A refreshing dose of action-packed escapism' by quarrellator

This show feels like the antidote to all those forensic, gritty, supposedly realistic crime dramas out there today. Hawaii 5-0 2010 is no crime drama, and it's not meant to be. It's also not its father, and anyone looking for a straight remake of the original classic is setting themselves up for disappointment. It's an old-fashioned cop show, the concept updated for today's audience, but with story lines that Starsky & Hutch would be proud of, providing a few more car chases down box-strewn alleyways were thrown in. It's Die Hard for the small screen - John McClane would fit right into the new 5-0 unit, fighting all the terrorist/ninja/crooked cop types that Hawaii seems to be attracting like a magnet. Excellent action sequences, great gun fights, some entertaining relationships developing between the characters, and you know what? Sometimes things just go boom. Pure entertainment, nothing more, nothing less.

Source: IMDb

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on Hawaii Five-0
Page 1 of 512345»
Search: