Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Sarah & Cameron in TSCC - I Was Made For Loving You - video
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Rose City Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

What was the best Cameron fighting scene in TSCC?
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Dallas Comic Con 2014
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: The Serenity cast hopes to make a trilogy in unearthed 2004 video interviews

chrisdvanne on: The Serenity cast hopes to make a trilogy in unearthed 2004 video interviews

chrisdvanne on: River Tam figure in the next Firefly Loot Crate!

chrisdvanne on: Have a question for Summer? Here's your chance to ask it!

William on: Have a question for Summer? Here's your chance to ask it!

resurgance2001 on: Have a question for Summer? Here's your chance to ask it!

dmitriy on: Have a question for Summer? Here's your chance to ask it!

Eric Hammers on: Have a question for Summer? Here's your chance to ask it!

New videos

00:05:50

00:05:42

00:01:20

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 3 of 3«123
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Josh Friedman news (Josh Friedman to write a new series about robots)
Josh Friedman news
Date: Monday, 2014 Jun 16, 21:50 GMT | Message # 31

Site Admin

So Friedman is going to write the script for the SECOND Avatar sequel.

The writing teams are in place. The first Avatar sequel will be written by Rise of the Planet of the Apes scribes Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver; the second, by Josh Friedman, creator of the TV series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles; and the third by Shane Salerno, co-writer of Armageddon. All three writers worked together with Cameron for five months to create a sprawling three-film story, based on the director’s 1,500 pages of notes.

Read full article: yahoo.com

I wonder if Na’vi princess Neytiri will suffer from an incurable illness and will keep seeing 3 dots wink

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Sunday, 2014 Aug 31, 08:39 GMT | Message # 32

Site Admin

Ref Message #29

NBC drops "Emerald City", a Wizard of Oz themed drama!

A year ago, NBC purchased a Wizard of Oz-themed drama entitled Emerald City from Siberia creator/showrunner Matthew Arnold. Since then, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' Josh Friedman came aboard the project to co-write the pilot with Arnold. And NBC, this past January, gave Emerald City a straight-to-series 10-episode order.

Now, according to THR, NBC has opted not to move forward with the project - reportedly after the network and producers could not agree on a vision for the series. This news comes after NBC hyped the series at both the May Network Upfronts and July's San Diego Comic-Con. It's still possible that Studio Universal TV might shop the show around to other networks.

Friedman is not unfamiliar to the universe of "The Wizard of Oz" and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles contains a lot of references to L. Frank Baum's book.

Date: Tuesday, 2016 Jan 05, 15:07 GMT | Message # 33

Site Admin

James Cameron reminds everyone he’s still working on those Avatar sequels

Cameron didn’t share any details on the appearance of the new natives that will require rescuing by whomever’s the heir to Sam Worthington’s nondescript-lead-actor throne, but he did indicate that “[t]he writing is ongoing, but almost finished” on the scripts that he’s working on with Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles’ Josh Friedman.

Date: Friday, 2016 Jan 15, 03:28 GMT | Message # 34

Friends

'Snowpiercer' Being Adapted For TV With Josh Friedman

The 2013 Korean feature film is being adapted as a TV series with Josh Friedman (Sarah Connor Chronicles, War of the Worlds) attached to pen the script for Tomorrow Studios, which has optioned the rights to the film.

The potential series will be based on the 2013 film that was written and directed by Bong Joon Ho in his first English-language production. The movie, which starred Chris Evans and Tilda Swinton is set in a post-apocalyptic Ice Age where the only remaining life on the planet survives aboard a train that travels around the globe. Bong and feature co-producer Dooho Choi are attached to executive produce alongside Adelstein and producing partner Becky Clements. Chan-wook Park, who produced the feature, is also attached as an EP.

The feature was released in June 2014 and grossed $4.5 million domestically en route to a $86.8 million worldwide cume after being released on video on demand after only two weeks in release.

"We are very excited to be working with Josh on this incredible story,"Adelstein said. "As such a prolific and innovative writer he is the ideal person to create a massive new world in this adaptation. This is an expansive, high-concept project and we are thrilled to be a part of reimagining it for television."

For Friedman, Snowpiercer marks his latest TV gig. His credits include NBC's pirate drama Crossbones, comic book adaptation Locke & Key (which did not move beyond the pilot at Fox) and the upcoming Wizard of Oz-themed mini Emerald City.

"I couldn't be more excited for the opportunity, "Friedman said. "Marty and Becky are the perfect partners to help me bring this world to TV. I'm a huge fan of of director Bong's films, especially Snowpiercer. It's great the way the best sci-fi is great - thoughtful, political, funny, scary and sly. And It's on a train. A big f-ing train. What more could you want?"

Tomorrow studios is a partnership between Adelstein and ITV Studios. Should Snowpiercer find a network home, it would join Adelstein-produced series including ABC's Last Man Standing, NBC's Aquarius and MTV's Teen Wolf.

I quite enjoyed the movie i thought it managed to capture the sci-fi spirit of humanity loosing the battle against itself, not by war, but maybe just by human nature.

I suppose if the project gets the go-ahead with Josh Friedman involved who knows he might just give a wink to 'Summer to see if she fancies a trip on a train!

Via: THR

'Snowpiercer''Snowpiercer'

Date: Monday, 2016 Jan 18, 07:06 GMT | Message # 35

Site Admin

Quote robbo ()
I quite enjoyed the movie i thought it managed to capture the sci-fi spirit of humanity loosing the battle against itself, not by war, but maybe just by human nature. 

I suppose if the project gets the go-ahead with Josh Friedman involved who knows he might just give a wink to 'Summer to see if she fancies a trip on a train!

I haven't watched the movie yet but I will now!
Of course, I would love to see Summer in a new TV series as a regular character but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

Date: Monday, 2016 Jan 18, 08:05 GMT | Message # 36

Site Admin

It seems Josh Friedman is highly regarded by Warner Bros TV since TSCC :p

Here's what he recently answered to a person asking him if there's a chance he you could write an episode of The Flash?

There is no chance I could write an ep of The Flash. Warner Bros TV hates me. They won't hire me since TSCC.

Date: Friday, 2016 Apr 08, 02:22 GMT | Message # 37

Friends

Beacon 23 

"Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles" creator and "Avatar 3" scribe Josh Friedman has been hired to write and executive produce a TV series adaptation of Hugh Howey's sci-fi adventure novel "Beacon 23" for Studio 8. 

The series of five novellas is set in the 23rd Century and follows a shell-shocked former soldier who mans a lighthouse beacon for spaceships. He must face his demons when the beacon fails endangering thousands of lives. 

Jeff Robinov will produce. 

Possibly could be interesting?

Via: Variety

Date: Friday, 2016 Apr 08, 18:20 GMT | Message # 38

Site Admin

Quote robbo ()
Possibly could be interesting?

A TSCC fan termi-ninja-tor said, "Sounds like some bizarrely dark and gloomy story, full of introversion and misleading foreshadowings. Josh is the right guy for this. lol"

Date: Monday, 2016 Nov 21, 22:51 GMT | Message # 39

Site Admin

Josh Friedman officially has a new show!

Snowpiercer Series Pilot Lands at TNT

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles boss Josh Friedman’s pilot adaptation of the futuristic thriller Snowpiercer is pulling into station at TNT.

Set seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland, Snowpiercer will explore “class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival” as it follows the remnants of humanity as they inhabit a gigantic, perpetually moving train that circles the globe.

Source: tvline

Date: Tuesday, 2016 Nov 22, 10:32 GMT | Message # 40

Friends

Quote chrisdvanne ()
Josh Friedman officially has a new show!

Good for him and he is very capable depicting post apocalyptic themes.
There was a French computer game back in 1993 called "Transarctica", with that theme, based on the post-apocalyptic science fiction novel series La Compagnie des glaces by the French writer Georges-Jean Arnaud.

To the Sweetest Terminator in the Verse... and Summtris (game) greekpiece@gmail.com

Message edited by Admirator - Tuesday, 2016 Nov 22, 10:42

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Josh Friedman news (Josh Friedman to write a new series about robots)
Page 3 of 3«123
Search: