To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

TSCC fanfictions
By The1Russter

obsessed with Summer
By diya123working

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 2 of 3«123»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Josh Friedman news (Josh Friedman to write a new series about robots)
Josh Friedman news
Date: Thursday, 2013 Apr 11, 10:40 GMT | Message # 16

Site Admin

Excerpt of a chat with Josh Friedman and Summer Glau during a FOX conference call, back in the days TSCC was on air.

josh friedman tscc

D. Martindale Summer, you are really quite wonderful in the show.

S. Glau Thank you.

D. Martindale A question for Josh about that. I look at the show and I say, yes, Summer is really good as Cameron, but what was it that you all initially saw in Summer that made you all go, “Yes, yes, she’s the right Cameron.”

J. Friedman Well I sort of wrote the part for her. Well I had seen Summer a few years earlier, she came in and auditioned for another show, but then she went off and did the Serenity movie and I walked around carrying her audition tape for a few weeks, kind of lamenting the loss of Summer. So when I was working on the show, working on developing it and I realized I wanted to do a character like this, she as about the only one that I felt like I knew could do this. And I think it’s just something just — you know she has a quality — one it’s her physicality and her dance training and all sorts of things, I think she has a particular kind of — she’s really the only people I know who can kind of be completely still and still be fascinating to watch act. She’s got it.

D. Martindale You’re right, it’s hard to take your eyes off of her, which is a good thing. Thanks so much.

[...]

S. Glau But I think everybody is going to be shocked at what happens at the end of this season — it’s not the ending.

J. Friedman But really Summer is shocked, because I hadn’t told her what was going on in the episode. I was waiting for you to read the thing.

S. Glau I’m shocked.

J. Maloni Josh, along those lines, it seems like we haven’t seen the last of the Allison storyline, what can you tell us about any future plans there?

J. Friedman Again, the Allison from Palmdale episode is one of my favorite episodes and writer, Tony Graphia did a great job with it and Summer was just phenomenal in it. And I think that none of us really knew when we were working on the episode kind of what we were going to end up with and it ended being something, I mean again it is one of my favorite episodes. So I certainly would like to revisit the Allison character at some point.

It’s interesting, I mean Allison and Cameron are two complete — you know they are different characters and I think that one does inform the other, but they are different characters and I think that it’s important to be able to differentiate them and Summer does a great job doing that. But I’m sure we’ll see Allison some day.

Read full transcript at Primetime TV Articles

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2013 May 16, 23:23 GMT | Message # 17

Site Admin

You remember that Josh Friedman signed on June 2011 a three-year overall deal with 20th Century Fox TV to develop new projects. Unfortunately, none of the projects he developped, such as 'Locke & Key' or drama pilot 'The Asset' and a few others, were picked up as series.

Well, it seems Friedman has found a new home!

josh friedman tscc

THR reported that Friedman has signed a two-year overall deal with Universal Television. As his first order of business, the creator has joined NBC’s upcoming pirate drama Crossbones starring John Malkovich as Blackbeard. Friedman will serve as the co-executive producer on the series and supervise other projects for the studio.
"Josh Friedman puts a distinct, unique spin on everything he writes. He taps into interesting worlds and is a very talented writer," Universal Television's Bela Bajaria said. "We've followed his career for years and are excited to be in business with him."
Source: THR

Here's what 20th TV chairman Dana Walden wrote two years ago: “Josh is an incredible writer with a knack for creating genre programming, which makes him a perfect fit for our studio which has produced shows like The X Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel,” . “He did beautiful work on Locke & Key, and while it didn’t ultimately go to series, it was a pilot we were immensely proud of. He also has a fantastic sense of humor, which really comes through in his work and makes it very distinct.”

We've seen what came out of this chorus of praise.
And I bet the same fate awaits his new projects for NBC if Friedman doesn't learn how to write the less dark and complex stories that a generalist broadcast network is looking for.

Crossbones Synopsis:

It's 1715 on the Bahamian island of New Providence, the first functioning democracy in the Americas, where the diabolical pirate Edward Teach, aka Blackbeard (John Malkovich, reigns over a rogue nation of thieves, outlaws and miscreant sailors. Part shantytown, part marauder’s paradise, this is a place like no other on earth, and a mounting threat to international commerce. To gain control of this fearsome society, Tom Lowe, a highly skilled undercover assassin, is sent to the pirates’ haven to take down the brilliant and charismatic Blackbeard. But the closer Lowe gets, the more he finds that his quest is not so simple. Lowe can’t help but admire the political ideals of Blackbeard, whose thirst for knowledge knows no bounds. But Lowe is not the only danger to Blackbeard's rule. He is a man with many villainous rivals and one great weakness, a passionately driven woman whom he cannot

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jul 31, 22:15 GMT | Message # 18

Site Admin

James Cameron has enlisted Josh Friedman to work on the Avatar 2 screenplay.

Cameron has been holed up in New Zealand working on the script that will follow up his 2009 mega-blockbuster.

The move is an ironic twist given that Friedman was an executive producer on the TV series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which Cameron had nothing to do with despite creating the characters with Gale Anne Hurd.

In March, Friedman signed a two-year deal with Universal Television and joined the upcoming pirate drama Crossbones starring John Malkovich. But the Avatar 2 gig provides a real feather in his cap given that the success of the first film.

Source: THR

Now I REALLY want to see Summer Glau in Avatar 2.

Summer Glau as na'vi
Summer Glau as na'vi

‘Avatar 2′ is slated to have a 2015 release date.

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jul 31, 23:25 GMT | Message # 19

Friends

great idea, summer glau in avatar 2, she looks perfect for the role, i think the film is right up her street, next plan of action that will come from josh friedman, summer glau will be in the back of his mind surely, she was in his thoughts for TSCC. after seeing her in serenity, so their will be a strong possibility they could team up together again, that would be great for summer and a major boost for her career, especially cameron wanting to make a couple more avatar films, nice images. smile

Date: Thursday, 2013 Aug 01, 03:56 GMT | Message # 20

Friends

Glaugasm! 
If she gets casted. 
It's not about if it will be good for Glau's carer, it's that it will be great for Avatar to cast her. tongue
I don't want to get my hopes hi on this, but I also won't lose hope about it. biggrin
It's all about if Josh n Cameron will see Cameron rightly fit in the movies.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Aug 01, 23:15 GMT | Message # 21

Friends

avatar 2 hires sarah connor chronicles vet to write the script. avatar 2 has taken a very interesting turn. in some cases, like `the terminator`and `terminator 2. judgment day`director `james cameron`has shared the screenwriting credit, but much of the time he writes his own films. while he isn`t the most dynamic when it comes to character and dialogue, he`s a master of structure and pace. he drives his narratives forward with precision and expertise, which is why he rarely feels the need to collaborate with a partner or a co-writer. recently, however, cameron recruited screenwriter `josh friedman`to help him with the screenplay for avatar 2. while it`s unclear whether friedman would work on avatar 3 as well, the creative force and creator behind `terminator the sarah connor chronicles`has now joined forces with the creator of the terminator film franchise. friedman will work with cameron in order to deliver the highly anticipated sequel to theaters by 2015. neither twentieth century fox, nor cameron, have commented on the move, but it`s good to see someone like friedman attached to the avatar film series. most of us are familiar with friedman because of the underrated `the sarah connor chronicles`after all, chronicles is the best version of the terminator mythology since `judgment day`in 1991. friedman has already proven that he can expand the reach of one universe, so he seems very logical choice to help do the same for cameron`s latest expansive world. plus adding another screenwriter to avatar 2 might tighten up its story and character, and punch up the dialogue, which has always been the biggest criticism of cameron`s work. his characters are often too stock and broad for some tastes`just look at titanic`. although twentieth century fox has yet to announce an official release date, avatar 2 is expected to hit theaters in IMAX and 3D around christmas 2015.

Date: Friday, 2013 Aug 02, 15:06 GMT | Message # 22

Site Admin

A fan's reaction to the announce of Friedman's involvement on Avatar 2:

John Connor • 2 days ago −
I don't think James Cameron "entrusted" Josh Friedman with anything before. Halcyon owned the Terminator brand at the time so they and Warner Bros. agreed to have Friedman develop what he pitched to them.

It seems this is a case where Cameron has seen what Friedman did with his characters and appreciates it.

Cameron gets the Terminator rights back around 2018. As someone who adores Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles more than anything, it gives me hope that Cameron will allow Friedman to finish his TSCC story. I don't care that the actors will be a decade older, I really want to see Friedman continue TSCC as a series.

Its sad that Megan Ellison (who bought the Terminator rights) is not intelligent and refused Warner Bros. offer to her to continue TSCC. If you were a fan of Terminator or a decent human being, you would love TSCC. If you watched that series and felt it sucked, you are a vile human being. If you bought the rights to Terminator and didn't bother to watch the 4 films and short TSCC series, you are a complete idiot. You should at least know and respect the name you are buying.

Indeed, it seems TSCC fans might have a better chance to get a continuation with James Cameron than with Megan Ellison.

Date: Friday, 2013 Aug 02, 15:22 GMT | Message # 23

Site Admin

Avatar will have three sequels, next movie is due in December 2016!

Screenwriters Josh Friedman, plus Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (both from Rise of the Planet of the Apes) will work with James Cameron to conceive Avatar 2, Avatar 3, and Avatar 4. The writers will collaborate with Cameron separately and co-write three separate movies with him. Here's the official press release from Fox:

The three pictures will be filmed simultaneously with production beginning next year. The release of the first sequel will be in December 2016, with the second to follow in December 2017, and the third a year later. AVATAR 2, 3, and 4 will be produced by Cameron and Jon Landau through their Lightstorm Entertainment banner. Like the original film, Lightstorm will work with Joe Letteri and his team at WETA Digital to realize the worlds of the sequels.

Commented Cameron: “Building upon the world we created with AVATAR has been a rare and incredibly rewarding experience. In writing the new films, I’ve come to realize that AVATAR’s world, story and characters have become even richer than I anticipated, and it became apparent that two films would not be enough to capture everything I wanted to put on screen. And to help me continue to expand this universe, I’m pleased to bring aboard Amanda, Rick, Shane and Josh — all writers I’ve long admired -­ to join me in completing the films screenplays.”

Commented 20th Century Fox chairman and CEO, Jim Gianopulos: “We at the studio have no higher priority, and can feel no greater joy, than enabling Jim to continue and expand his vision of the world of AVATAR. The growing breadth and scale of Jim Cameron’s plans for his magnificent fantasy worlds continue to amaze us all.”

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Sep 17, 20:16 GMT | Message # 24

Site Admin

Rumor: Arnold Schwarzenegger to Play the Villain in AVATAR 2., reports Collider.

Sources tell Latino Review that Arnold Schwarzenegger will play a “bad guy human general.” It makes enough sense. Schwarzenegger and Cameron made Terminator, Terminator 2, and True Lies together, and could be looking to reunite. The evil military man follows from Stephen Lang‘s villain in the first movie, Colonel Quaritch. Schwarzenegger’s may be the right actor to portray the escalating human threat.

That would mean Josh Friedman would write for the character played by Arnold Schwarzenegger (after writing Summer Glau's character Cameron in TSCC).
But again, there nothing certain about this.

Date: Sunday, 2013 Sep 22, 02:16 GMT | Message # 25

Friends

Avatar 2`s Schwarzenegger Casting Isn`t True. 20th Century Fox debunk `Arnold Schwarzenegger` Avatar 2 casting rumours. As everyone rightfully supposed given the source was Latino-Review, the reported casting of Terminator star and ageing Austrian oak `Arnold Schwarzenegger in James Cameron`s Avatar 2 has been resoundingly debunked. According to The Hollywood Reporter, 20th Century Fox have resoundingly debunked the casting announcement, adding that Arnie Isn`t currently in contention for any roles at the studio.

Date: Monday, 2013 Sep 23, 08:27 GMT | Message # 26

Site Admin

Quote (robbo)
Avatar 2`s Schwarzenegger Casting Isn`t True.

Thanks for the correction!

Date: Monday, 2013 Sep 23, 23:53 GMT | Message # 27

Friends

glad to be of help chris, mind you I thought he was gonna be In Avatar 2,

Date: Saturday, 2013 Oct 12, 10:17 GMT | Message # 28

Site Admin

Friedman has another pilot in development for NBC, titled "Lighthouse", and it deals with...time travel!

Two decades after Quantum Leap ended its run, NBC is looking to launch a new time travel drama series, putting two such projects in development. One hails from The Sarah Connor Chronicles creator Josh Friedman and the other — from former Quantum Leap co-executive producer Deborah Pratt.

Friedman’s Lighthouse, which he is writing and executive producing through his Universal TV overall deal, is an ensemble drama set at a mysterious hotel for wayward time travelers.

Source: Deadline

And while this is not related at all, here's: TSCC S02E20 To the Lighthouse - Recap

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Feb 05, 18:46 GMT | Message # 29

Site Admin

Announcement made at NBC's day at the TCA winter press tour:

NBC has given a 10-episode order to "Emerald City," a drama based on L. Frank Baum's Oz books. It centers on a 20-year-old Dorothy Gale and a version of Oz not seen in the classic 1939 film. Writer Matt Arnold ("Siberia") and Josh Friedman ("Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles") are executive producing.

Source: zapit

Friedman is not unfamiliar to the universe of "The Wizard of Oz" and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles contains a lot of references to L. Frank Baum's book.

The Wizard of Oz in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is a children's novel written by L. Frank Baum. It was John Connor's favorite book growing up as a child.

Sarah Connor would often read the book to him in Spanish when he was young.

Sarah sometimes refers to Cameron Phillips as "Tin Miss". This is a reference to the Tin Man, a character in the book that is made of metal and has no heart.

The last name "Baum" used by John, Sarah, Cameron, and Derek Reese is drawn from the name of the book author, L. Frank Baum.

Cameron picked the book out for Marty Bedell's book report, stating that it was John's favorite. Marty later reads it aloud to Sarah, who takes over when the story reaches a scary moment.

Cameron compares Myron Stark's accidental killing of a human upon arrival to the character Dorothy's accidental killing of the Wicked Witch of the East upon arrival to Oz.

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Feb 05, 19:07 GMT | Message # 30

Writer

Maybe Dorothy will have fond memories of a TV show she used to watch about a female cyborg from a post-apocalyptic future trying to make its way in the strange human world of present day, and draw inspiration and hope from that story.
smile

Take Back the Future! Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Wednesday, 2014 Feb 05, 19:49

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Josh Friedman news (Josh Friedman to write a new series about robots)
Page 2 of 3«123»
Search: