[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 9 of 11«127891011»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau guest starring role on Grey's Anatomy
Summer Glau guest starring role on Grey's Anatomy
KrelleKDate: Wednesday, 29 Feb 2012, 22:12 | Message # 121
Group: Friends
a little something to start with

I myself has not seen the episode yet, but the few minutes in the small youtube boxes that has been set up here on this site, and seen aa few pics too.

but just wanted to say that in a few pics I think they have somehow made her look as she seemed in some of her earlier works like firefly, but maybe it was just the angle or the distance.

Sorry if a post has already been made somewhere else. just thought it belonged in this "archive"

The1RussterDate: Thursday, 01 Mar 2012, 03:12 | Message # 122
Group: Writer
No matter what ails you, Nurse Cameron will make you feel bet... on Twitpic

It took me a while, but it suddenly occurred to me today what this head shot reminded me of. Those "Employee of the Month" 8x12's that would be posted on dedicated bulletin boards. They had ones like it in the hospital when i was in for my knee surgery last year.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Thursday, 01 Mar 2012, 03:14

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 12:26 | Message # 123
Group: Administrators
ABC has released the promo for next episode, starring Summer Glau. We can see Summer Glau and Sandra Oh, who plays Cristina, having a confrontation.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 14:31 | Message # 124
The original Grey's cast members are still in contract negotiations regarding their future on Grey's Anatomy after season 8 but at the same time Shonda Rhimes said she wanted to continue the show. The contract situation naturally affects the writing of the show, as the final episodes of the season are currently in the making.

The season 8 finale this year could end with a big cliffhanger and it looks like some of the famous doctors could be getting an offer they can't refuse. Here's what Ausiello said for TVLine:

Question: Any word on the status of contract talks between Grey’s Anatomy and Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, Sandra Oh, Justin Chambers, etc.? I’m starting to get nervous. —Carrie
Ausiello: No, but remember how Shonda Rhimes hinted to me last month that the season ends in a way that could accommodate any number of possible cast departures? Well, get this: I hear a late April episode will follow Alex, Meredith, Jackson, April and Cristina as they interview for fellowship positions at other hospitals around the country. Said hospitals are apparently wooing the quintet in anticipation of them passing their boards — and they’re wisely entertaining all of their options.

Side note : i'm pretty sure Patrick Dempsey said he won't come back for another year.

AlexDate: Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 16:59 | Message # 125
Group: Bloggers
Interesting developments are coming up for sure. I notice in the video that the two doctors (Owen and Dempsey) are reclining on a bed and they appear to be very distant from their partners. I imagine that there is a big shake up coming which could affect many of the relationships. I am of two minds about this as it relates to Summer. First off, she is a device to serve the plot in that she is a focal point for Cristina's jealousy. Secondly, there is a slim chance she may be back. I realize the focus of this show is on the doctors, their cases and their relationships, but perhaps they are looking at a reworking of the show's premise. Maybe there is room for Summer to play a larger role.

If Cristina leaves because she is heartbroken, and she gets a good offer elsewhere, maybe Summer by default moves into a void when Cristina leaves and Summer takes up with Owen.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 17:25 | Message # 126
I had no high expectations about Summer's role, this is the best way to be happily surprised if (when) her guest spot bear fruits.

For example, i wasn't yelling when we discovered Summer's character had no lines in previous episodes. Many "fans" said that Summer's career was on the decline if she had to make cameo appearance like this; they would have done better to remain silent.

Learning that Summer would come back was a happy surprise but it does not change fundamentally my previous opinion on that guest spot; allow me to quote myself :

This cameo-like, non-talking guest apperance will do better for her career than her brilliant, plot-changing guest appearance on Alphas.

Why? Because Alphas is a niche show on cable, gathering only 1.4 Million viewers while GA is a hit show on a major network, Thursday’s No. 1 drama in the key 18-49 demographic, gathering more than 8 Millions viewers, having multiples repeats and sold internationally.

I fully support Summer's choice.

On top of that, GA's creator Shonda Rhimes is a heavy weight in the tv business.

I don't think nurse Emily has a future on GA; they're looking to replace doctors, not nurses anyway. Of course i would applaud if i'm proven wrong.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 17:26

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 13 Mar 2012, 12:52 | Message # 127
Many GA's fans have been wondering about the fate of the serie and the cast; with many of the original cast having contracts that will expire at the end of this season, we don't know (neither do Shonda Rhimes) who will stay and who will leave the show. Funny thing is that Katherine Heigl is trying to come back while all others actors are trying to leave the show and try their luck with movies (just like Heigl did).
Here's what Shonda Rhimes said :
"What I think is really lovely is that everybody wants to come back. There's [money] stuff happening. I am [confident], but I have a plan in place for the finale that can occur regardless of who is staying."

My two cent is that they're making a mistake by wanting to leave a comfortable $80 000 per episode (just me guessing) but we all know that no tv show actor can resist when Holywood is calling.

Anyway here are 3 photos from the set of Grey's Anatomy taken during the filming of the season 8 episode 20; these photos are not from the season finale as many "serious" sites said (the finale wil be May 17th and will be shot somewhere in April) which means one should not read too much into them.

On the photos, we see Cristina at an airport and Meredith/Derek and Zoila seeing her off; is Cristina departure tied to the "Owen is cheating" story arc or is Cristina simply going to fellowship interviews around the country in the case she's leaving Seattle Grace, we don't know.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 13 Mar 2012, 13:02

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 14 Mar 2012, 10:22 | Message # 128
Grey's Anatomy is a hit show sold internationally and it's airing in France in the biggest private channel, TF1.
Their website published a news on the upcoming episodes that says (after translation):

Summer Glau is going to play Emily, a nurse with a double-dealing and inappropriate attitude to say the least.

Source : Grey's Anatomy saison 8 : Sandra Oh menacée par Summer Glau !

I wonder how they can say such nonsense; another example of lazy writing on the net. Not wanting to start a war but the one who has an inappropriate attitude is Cristina, who is stalking Emily.
I'm very well aware that Summer Glau is only a guest star in GA and her character will simply help developing (destroying?) the couple Owen/Cristina but that doesn't justify wrong assertions from bad bloggers.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 15 Mar 2012, 10:22 | Message # 129
Don't forget to watch tonight's episode!
I expect a twist as regards the "Owen is cheating on Cristina with Emily" story; what the sneak peek video showed us is probably misleading.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 15 Mar 2012, 17:59 | Message # 130
For those interested, TV Guide released a great interview with GA's showrunner Shonda Rhimes; she talks about the future of the show, stars leaving the show and Owen/Cristina couple.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 16 Mar 2012, 01:07 | Message # 131
Showrunner Shonda Rhimes just twitted this :

shonda rhimes ‏ @shondarhimes
Cristina/Owen fans: Warning that tonight is gonna be painful. But there is hope coming up. I promise. I swear.

That information paired with the photos from the airport might indicate that Owen and Cristina are taking a pause (or worse) as a couple; still, that doesn't mean Owen is cheating with nurse Emily.

FermiDate: Friday, 16 Mar 2012, 04:48 | Message # 132
Here are two video clips from the episode

ga17 1 par chrisdvanne

gan172 par chrisdvanne

and I have added screencaps from the episode to our gallery, enjoy.

8x17 One Step Too Far 720p HD8x17 One Step Too Far 720p HD

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 16 Mar 2012, 14:46 | Message # 133
Did someone get the TSCC reference in yesterday's episode : CHIP EATING SCENE

And here's the TSCC scene on YT :
Chip Eating Scene - Sarah Connor Chronicles

Of course i don't believe for one second GA's writes thought it would be a wink to the fanboys; GA is a serious show, not Chuck.

On the same topic, Joss Whedon said there won't be any Easter eggs in The Avengers :

Quote (Collider)
Fans have been rewarded with quite a few Easter eggs planted in previous Marvel films to spot, but Whedon said not to expect any winks at some of his other works outside the Marvel universe:

“I am not a fan of referencing your own work when it’s in a different universe than what you’re doing. That, to me, is a wink at the audience and winking isn’t actually cool when you’re not, like, 10. When I was 10 my girlfriend thought it was super cool that I could wink, but now you’re just sad if you do that.”

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 16 Mar 2012, 14:59

KrelleKDate: Tuesday, 20 Mar 2012, 15:22 | Message # 134
Group: Friends
I have not yet seen any of the 2 Summer Glau episodes of Grey´s Anatomy, but seen those small cutouts with Summer, it seem like yang(is her name yang) do not like her, not sure how summer´s Char view of of the other, but if she kept her on the show(on and off) I wonder if they might slowly become friends over time? biggrin It could be kinda funny if they reach a point where they might have a How did this happen-scene of there friendship biggrin

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 20 Mar 2012, 15:51 | Message # 135
Summer Glau's character was in the middle of the couple issues between Owen and Cristina but she was not at the center of the plot, never has been.

After the episode was over, all fans and online reviewers wondered what the consequences of Owen's cheating will have on Owen/Cristina couple and who the women he had an affair with was but there was little to no words on nurse Emily.

We must take this guest spot for what it is, a good opportunity for Summer to showcase her talent in a drama role, but we must not expect nurse Emily to come back in a future episode of Grey's Anatomy.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau guest starring role on Grey's Anatomy
Page 9 of 11«127891011»
Search: