menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau guest starring role on Grey's Anatomy
Summer Glau guest starring role on Grey's Anatomy
chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 27 Feb 2012, 21:45 | Message # 106
Group: Administrators
Well, from what i learned Shonda Rhimes is definitively a fan of the Whedonverse, hence the numerous alumis who already guest starred.

And i also noticed some columnist did similar comparisons while reviewing last week episode; i must say i made the parallel myself but i have no idea if the writers themselves did.

At least i'm glad that they've avoided the unnecessary direct allusions to a previous character like they did in Chuck or in Alphas because, if it pleases the fans, i think it's distracting.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 27 Feb 2012, 21:47

RNBMDate: Monday, 27 Feb 2012, 22:16 | Message # 107
Group: Friends
The Summer Glau dot net site is reporting that Summer will also be on episode 17. This may be good news, but I hope for some talking lines this time.

AlexDate: Monday, 27 Feb 2012, 22:25 | Message # 108
Group: Bloggers
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Well, from what i learned Shonda Rhimes is definitively a fan of the Whedonverse, hence the numerous alumis who already guest starred.

And i also noticed some columnist did similar comparisons while reviewing last week episode; i must say i made the parallel myself but i have no idea if the writers themselves did.

At least i'm glad that they've avoided the unnecessary direct allusions to a previous character like they did in Chuck or in Alphas because, if it pleases the fans, i think it's distracting.

Yes, such allusions, while clever, can take away from the plot and the story. So it would really be better not to put any such references in the story although I find it funny to speculate.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 27 Feb 2012, 23:27 | Message # 109
Cristina vs. the Other Woman

Summer Glau as Nurse Emily

Cristina and Nurse Emily Working Together

Cristina and Owen's Potential Mistress

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 27 Feb 2012, 23:34

AlexDate: Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 04:40 | Message # 110
Thanks for posting these pictures. I remember an interview in which Summer said that she liked to give back to the actors she performed with in a scene. She wanted to give them emotional feedback as I understand it but as Cameron, she stated that she could not do that because she had to remain impassive and distant. She felt that this made it harder for Lena Headey and Thomas Dekker. In these photographs though, it is clear that she can really give back to the other actress. I look forward to finding out what sort of comments the other actors have about working with Summer.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 10:06 | Message # 111
I'm thinking this episode will have akward situations because Cristina will use her authority on a nurse, Emily in this case, to sort out thing connected to the Owen's potential cheating; at least this is how i interpret those pictures.

Not sure about the comments of the others actors though; they see guests stars day of filming and i see no reason why they should focus on Summer as we do. More, actors are b**tches and by that i mean they have to say things like "the cast was amazing", "i had a blast on the set", "X is a wonderful partner" in order to promote the serie/movie they're in even if they don't mean it.
This is why i take every word of an interview with a grain of sault.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 12:54 | Message # 112
For fans of Grey's Anatomy and Summer Glau wondering what the reasoning is behind the periodic series' long holiday hiatus, showrunner Shonda Rhimes provided an explanation via Twitter last November :

Quote (Shonda Rhimes)
Why there are no new eps for a while: It is always better and preferable to run more episodes back to back so that there are no random weeks that air reruns right in the middle of say, February or March. This allows us to do that. It's just better for storytelling. Also, hardly anyone watches new episodes on Thanksgiving or in December. So we're coming back in January with lots of new episodes back to back to back. We (cast and crew) will still be working and making lots and lots of new episodes during this hiatus for you to enjoy.

Yet this break and the fact that Summer had no lines fooled me to think her return was unlikely.

FermiDate: Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 16:11 | Message # 113
Thanks to Summerglauonline there is HQ stills online : http://summerglauweb.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=525

You can't stop the signal!

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 16:36 | Message # 114
The second picture leads me to believe that Summer will actually speak in this episode so at least one line is guaranteed IMO.

I knew something was wrong. I just couldn't believe that somebody would hire a known actress for a role where she won't even speak a single line. That she was hired for more episodes and will become more prominent makes more sense.

BTW if Summer becomes a recurring character with a prominent plot for multiple episodes in GA then that's very good, right?

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 16:38

FermiDate: Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 17:18 | Message # 115
Quote (Blazius)
That she was hired for more episodes and will become more prominent makes more sense.

Yes it makes perfect sense. I actually thought that she was just guest starring in one episode. I even moved the GA page from upcoming to TV shows section.

You can't stop the signal!

AlexDate: Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 17:52 | Message # 116
Quote (Fermi)
Thanks to Summerglauonline there is HQ stills online : http://summerglauweb.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=525

In the photographs, her ID badge says Emily Glau!

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 17:59 | Message # 117
Quote (Alex)

Yeah, The1Russter mentioned it to me this morning!

Quote (The1Russter)
They probably had to make up her costume before they ironed out details like the characters last name. :-)

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 21:40 | Message # 118
Quote (Fermi)
Yes it makes perfect sense. I actually thought that she was just guest starring in one episode. I even moved the GA page from upcoming to TV shows section.

The reason why everybody believed that is because of LOHG IMO because there it was truly the case that Summer was terribly underused without any hope to change that.

But its not the case with GA, the next ep can make things right and Summer maybe gets a role which is more fitting for her where she can demonstrate her true talent.

Quote (Alex)

LOL! I guess the best explanation is Russters that they made the badge before making a valid name( not sure why it took that long though, maybe they had to decide if she is a relative to another character or not?) Though I wouldn't like if that'd be her canon name. There needs to be a line between reality and fiction and it'd blur the line too much.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

riversfeetDate: Wednesday, 29 Feb 2012, 08:07 | Message # 119
Wow. How often does it happen an actor plays a character that shares their last name?

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 29 Feb 2012, 10:26 | Message # 120
Quote (riversfeet)
How often does it happen an actor plays a character that shares their last name?

Never and it will not be the case here for the aforementioned reasons.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau guest starring role on Grey's Anatomy
Search: