menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau guest starring role on Grey's Anatomy
Summer Glau guest starring role on Grey's Anatomy
chrisdvanne_ Post # 46 | Thursday, 02 Feb 2012 - 08:00
Group: Administrators
Quote (KrelleK)
but I would really like to see Summer play a Vampire - perhaps even that is strugling with what she has to do to survive - a characther similar to, if not outright BloodRayne

After reading your comment i watched a trailer for BloodRayne but i'm not sure it's a movie worth seing.
As for Summer Glau as a vampire, there is several tv shows she could guest star in, like Supernatural (CW) or maybe Secret Circle (CW) but i doubt it will ever happen because Summer seem to be done with scifi, with the exception of Alphas (Syfy) who is soft on scifi though.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 02 Feb 2012, 08:02

wolverine13 Post # 47 | Thursday, 02 Feb 2012 - 13:50
Group: Friends
As for Supernatural i think that Summer was going to be guest star on that show in 2006(season 2 episode 19 if i remember right) but it didn't happen unfortunately sad

i don't think that Summer is done with scifi....yes i agree that she should be extended to other roles and shows because she has talent... but its difficult to leave a place(scifi) which love you and love back..... but ofcourse i support Summer with everything she does because she deserve that smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 48 | Thursday, 02 Feb 2012 - 14:01
Quote (wolverine13)
As for Supernatural i think that Summer was going to be guest star on that show in 2006(season 2 episode 19 if i remember right) but it didn't happen unfortunately

Summer Glau was rumored to guest star in s02 ep4 "Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things" but the CW official website and websites on the whedonverse got it wrong; see here the CW still mention Summer Glau as guest star : http://www.cwtv.com/shows/supernatural/episodes/204.

It was not Summer but an actress named Tamara Feldman http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1299293/

As for Summer and scifi, only future will tell.

The1Russter Post # 49 | Thursday, 02 Feb 2012 - 16:48
Group: Writer
Quote (wolverine13)
i don't think that Summer is done with scifi....yes i agree that she should be extended to other roles and shows because she has talent... but its difficult to leave a place(scifi) which love you and love back..... but of course i support Summer with everything she does because she deserve that

I did read in 2009 that Summer had expressed interest in branching out, doing other types of roles. I remember her saying she wanted to play characters closer to her own age, as you recall her more famous roles at that point were teenagers when she was in her twenties. And in a interview, might have been the same, she said something about staying loyal to her sci-fi fans or something like it. I'd have to do some research to find sources online to make my comments more accurate, but that's the jist of it. One only has to look at her filmography to see how she's branching out into new roles since 2009. I wish her the best of luck and God's blessing on her career. I'm sure she'll be wonderful on Grey's

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Thursday, 02 Feb 2012, 16:55

Alex Post # 50 | Thursday, 02 Feb 2012 - 21:11
Group: Bloggers
I seem to remember reading a transcript of one of her interviews in which she said that had been asked to come back to one of the series that she had worked on after Firelfy. However, Serenity got a green light and so she backed out and did Serenity instead. The two shows she was on were CSI and Cold Case. I don't know which it was.

I would really like to find out sometime what roles she has passed on. I remember her saying that The Cape was the last thing she had auditioned for so I wonder what else she had looked at?

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 51 | Friday, 03 Feb 2012 - 00:56
Quote (Alex)
I would really like to find out sometime what roles she has passed on. I remember her saying that The Cape was the last thing she had auditioned for so I wonder what else she had looked at?

Maybe i'm biaised but i think a lot of shows would like to have her, even only for a guest apperance. Though one can notice that her apperances are relatively scarce, which would mean she doesn't audition that much or she refuses a lot of offers.
As said The1Russter, Summer is branching out into new roles since 2009, which could explain the somewhat unusual wording she used last year when she cancelled her Starfury T3 attending in London : "a job offer i'm thinking to take". My interpretation is that Summer hesitated taking this new gig because she wanted to leave scifi, hence this strange sentence, but she finally decided to accept Alphas offer because it was not hard-core scifi and the character she played was interesting enough.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 03 Feb 2012, 01:17

Alex Post # 52 | Friday, 03 Feb 2012 - 01:15
Group: Bloggers
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Maybe i'm biaised but i think a lot of shows would like to have her, even only for a guest apperance. Though one can notice that her apperances are relatively scarce, which would mean she doesn't audition that much or she refuses a lot of offers.
As said The1Russter, Summer is branching out into new roles since 2009, which could explain the somewhat unusual wording she used last year when she cancelled her Starfury T3 attending in London : "a job offeri'm thinking to take". My interpretation is that Summer hesitated taking this new gig because she wanted to leave scifi, hence this strange sentence, but she finally decided to accept Alphas offer because it was not hard-core scifi and the character she played was interesting enough.

What you say makes sense. I believe she is very much in demand and this is probably reflected in what she charges for her work. Her financials are none of my business but clearly, I would rather that she be well paid for what she does so that she can afford to say no. If she were a starving artist, she would have to either continue starving or compromise. Clearly, she does not compromise and so she must be financially well off. And as you say, it was an offer, not an audition. I may be reading too much into this but I think she is that good that people would be prepared to make offers rather than just have her audition. Realistically, her work is probably a result of auditions and offers.

Off on a tangent perhaps but since she is admired by two heavyweights like Joss Whedon and Josh Friedman, clearly this girl has a great deal of credibility. While I would like to see her in more roles, I would not for a second want to see her in something that would compromise her principles and so I wait patiently to see more of her work. February 23rd will be a good day.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Fermi Post # 53 | Friday, 03 Feb 2012 - 14:39
The pictures for Grey's Anatomy 8x16 If Only You Were Lonely been released.

Promo pics

Sadly there are no pics on Summer. Maybe there will be more soon

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 54 | Friday, 03 Feb 2012 - 14:59
Quote (Fermi)
The pictures for Grey's Anatomy 8x16 If Only You Were Lonely been released.

The first picture shows (from left to right) Dr. Alex Karev, Dr. Lexie Grey and Dr. Arizona Robbins (as mentioned on the episode description); the second pictures shows probably intern Morgan (the one with a premature son).
Also i checked all the names of the episode description : all names are from existing characters except Mogan but the pics shows it's not Summer.
Conclusion : no mention and no pic of Summer Glau so far.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 03 Feb 2012, 15:04

Blazius Post # 55 | Friday, 03 Feb 2012 - 21:17
Quote (chrisdvanne)

Considering how much garbage roles there are especially for women I wouldn't be surprised if the reason of her relatively few appearances would be that she refuses to play in most of them. She is a strong girl who can't be just played with like the others.

Quote (Alex)
What you say makes sense. I believe she is very much in demand and this is probably reflected in what she charges for her work. Her financials are none of my business but clearly, I would rather that she be well paid for what she does so that she can afford to say no. If she were a starving artist, she would have to either continue starving or compromise. Clearly, she does not compromise and so she must be financially well off. And as you say, it was an offer, not an audition. I may be reading too much into this but I think she is that good that people would be prepared to make offers rather than just have her audition. Realistically, her work is probably a result of auditions and offers.

I'd be curious how much these roles pay for her which she used to play in like Alphas, KOB, even LOHG.

Through you must be right in that they most likely play enough so she can afford to say no to garbage roles.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Conclusion : no mention and no pic of Summer Glau so far.

Thats not good. I'd hate if they wasted her talent for just a brief cameo. She is probably a far superior actor compared to everybody who plays on that show. Through I guess they think they wouldn't want to change the focus from the mains just for a single guest star.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 56 | Saturday, 04 Feb 2012 - 01:47
Quote (Blazius)
Thats not good. I'd hate if they wasted her talent for just a brief cameo. She is probably a far superior actor compared to everybody who plays on that show. Through I guess they think they wouldn't want to change the focus from the mains just for a single guest star.

TBH, i find it curious, that GA producers bother to hire a guest star and don't mention her on the episode synopsis or on the preview pictures; i don't see how her guest appearance could be a plot changer like in Alphas. It looks more like her guest appearance in Chuck or in TBBT.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 57 | Saturday, 04 Feb 2012 - 03:00
Larger image size of the preview pictures for Summer's episode have been published at tvline.

Feel free to leave a comment underlining Summer's guest appearance.

Blazius Post # 58 | Sunday, 05 Feb 2012 - 17:29
Quote (chrisdvanne)
TBH, i find it curious, that GA producers bother to hire a guest star and don't mention her on the episode synopsis or on the preview pictures; i don't see how her guest appearance could be a plot changer like in Alphas. It looks more like her guest appearance in Chuck or in TBBT.

Thats what I always fail to understand when this issue comes up. Summer is hired in something and then the people behind the show waste her talent by giving her too few scenes. I try to think with producers "money matters only, screw art and talent" mindset: She will be payed anyways, as far as I know actors get fully payed for everything as long as they are in the credit list. So whats the catch? If I pay for something I'd want to use it right? If I hire somebody I want that person to do work for me.

If they just want somebody for a quick role why not hire somebody from the street or a student or somebody? That'd be a lot cheaper. Summer asks for a lot of money compared to that I think being a professional and well known actor, probably too much for not being used IMO. So it makes no sense to me.

Of course there is the possibility that maybe she is used as a fan magnet and they are preying upon the incredibly strong and dedicated love between Summer and her fans. Still, are we that numerous so its worth the effort and money to hire Summer just so she can make us watch their series and movies?

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 59 | Sunday, 05 Feb 2012 - 17:45
Quote (Blazius)
Of course there is the possibility that maybe she is used as a fan magnet and they are preying upon the incredibly strong and dedicated love between Summer and her fans. Still, are we that numerous so its worth the effort and money to hire Summer just so she can make us watch their series and movies?

I doubt ABC is trying to attract Summer Glau's fan base (young adult male); as important her cult status is, it has never saved any show (TSCC or Dollhouse) and GA is not trying to avoid cancellation anyway. The explanation is elsewhere.

A commenter at tvline talked wisely (finding an intelligent comment on the comment section of an online article is rare enough to be worth quoting it) :

I don’t know if people outside of the SF community consider Summer Glau ‘high profile’ guest star. Pretty much all of her notieriety comes from cult shows like Firefly, T:SCC, 4400, a Chuck episode, etc and unfortunately being recognizable in that genre doesn’t really mean you’ll get top billing in a prime-time soap with a huge audience that’s on a major network.
Plus just because this synopsis doesn’t mention her doesn’t mean she has a crap role.
Comment by matt – February 3, 2012 06:21 PM PST

The1Russter Post # 60 | Sunday, 05 Feb 2012 - 20:02
Group: Writer
Whether Summer's role on GA is small or not isn't as important for her as the greater exposure it will bring to producers and directors who work in genres other than sci-fi. It's another foot in the door like LOHG, Scent of the MIssing, etc. for drama roles more akin to her interests as a growing actress. One only has to read the comments she has made since TSCC was cancelled to know she is following her chosen path. Changing agents a year ago was also part of that move. I for one am supportive and can't wait to see what she does next.

One of these days she will have a role in which she will wow a broad audience who will be stunned by her performance and will wonder where she came from. But those of us who have followed her career will just sit back and say, "See, we've been telling you this for years but you wouldn't listen."

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau guest starring role on Grey's Anatomy
Search: