menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau guest starring role on Grey's Anatomy
Summer Glau guest starring role on Grey's Anatomy
Blazius Post # 31 | Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012 - 23:22
Group: Friends
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I'm afraid you have paved the way for Blazius's Wrath...sorry, there is nothing i can do for you.
The edit button could have saved you but it's no use now since i have quoted your comment.

You are right!

angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2

Let the Glaudess of Darkness burn your soul in eternal flames of damnation, @Alex!

Quote (chrisdvanne)
I'm not implying she would refuse a role where she would be a killer (Cameron does not count because she's a killer robot by essence).

I was just noticing that Alex forgot about Summer's role in deadly Honeymoon where Lyndsey Forest killed her husband and was probably a bitch. Btw Blazius have said on numerous occasion he would love to see an evil Summer Glau. We have had a glance of evil Summer in Dollhouse too.

Also lets not forget The 4400 where she helped in Kevins experiments on poor Diana, she's already acted like an evil nurse in some scenes.

Summer is clearly okay with killer and evil roles and honestly I see no reason why wouldn't she. Villain characters are difficult to play and they can be very complex and fascinating e.g a worthy challenge for a great actor who seeks fulfillment in acting.

Killer nurse Summer would be badass!

Especially if they can't catch her.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Fox012 Post # 32 | Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012 - 23:49
Group: Users
hehe Ok =)

I Likely want to see her in a recurring role and not an evil one (evil does not fit to her TBH )

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Blazius Post # 33 | Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012 - 23:59
Quote (Fox012)
(evil does not fit to her TBH )

To each his own I guess. It fits her perfectly IMO. With such skills to communicate emotions, with such an expressive face and strong onscreen presence I feel it'd be a waste not to get her to play an evil role especially if her brief evil scenes were so cool.

But its probably just me, I always loved evil characters way more than heroes.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 34 | Wednesday, 01 Feb 2012 - 00:01
Group: Administrators
I'n not a GA expert but i doubt she will play an evil nurse; but it wouldn't disturb me one bit if she would, the important thing is that she does a great performance and makes an impression on GA's producers.
If we expect Summer to come back someday in GA, i guess she would have to play a good nurse.

Of course we're just speculating, just like when we were wondering if she would play a patient or a doctor; i guess it helps us waiting for the day the episode will air. Meanwhile some of us have already watched a few episodes of the serie in order to be familiar with the recurring characters and plots.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Blazius Post # 35 | Wednesday, 01 Feb 2012 - 00:22
The 4400

Who's next? smile

She looks proficient with that injection IMO, and she'll look great in anatomy too.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
I'n not a GA expert but i doubt she will play an evil nurse; but it wouldn't disturb me one bit if she would, the important thing is that she does a great performance and makes an impression on GA's producers.
If we expect Summer to come back someday in GA, i guess she would have to play a good nurse.

TBH I doubt that too, I'm not that lucky smile

I like that she is not a patient, seeing a sick Summer would break my heart cry

But I really hope she will be somebody influental not just somebody who shows up for a few minutes. I think an established doctors love interest or somebody who got into some kind of trouble to demonstrate some kind of moral crisis in the world of health care is the best we can hope for.

Fermi Post # 36 | Wednesday, 01 Feb 2012 - 02:16
Episode 8.16 of Grey's Anatomy will be called "If Only You Were Lonely" and will air February 23th at 9/8c on ABC

Source http://www.docstoc.com/docs....ry-2012

You can't stop the signal!

Alex Post # 37 | Wednesday, 01 Feb 2012 - 03:18
Group: Bloggers
Quote (Fox012)
@chris @alex

You can't be Serious about this Summer would Refuse such a Role for sure and it's Illegal in the US as Well AFAIK

If she did practice euthanasia, it would be as Evil Nurse Summer and as you say, euthanasia is illegal AFAIK too.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Alex Post # 38 | Wednesday, 01 Feb 2012 - 03:35
Quote (Blazius)
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I'm afraid you have paved the way for Blazius's Wrath...sorry, there is nothing i can do for you.
The edit button could have saved you but it's no use now since i have quoted your comment.

You are right!

angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2

Let the Glaudess of Darkness burn your soul in eternal flames of damnation, @Alex!

Quote (chrisdvanne)
I'm not implying she would refuse a role where she would be a killer (Cameron does not count because she's a killer robot by essence).

I was just noticing that Alex forgot about Summer's role in deadly Honeymoon where Lyndsey Forest killed her husband and was probably a bitch. Btw Blazius have said on numerous occasion he would love to see an evil Summer Glau. We have had a glance of evil Summer in Dollhouse too.

Also lets not forget The 4400 where she helped in Kevins experiments on poor Diana, she's already acted like an evil nurse in some scenes.

Summer is clearly okay with killer and evil roles and honestly I see no reason why wouldn't she. Villain characters are difficult to play and they can be very complex and fascinating e.g a worthy challenge for a great actor who seeks fulfillment in acting.

I better stock up on garlic.

You're right - I had forgot about The 4400 and to be honest, I have only seen snippets. In the scene you reference, is she schizophrenic or is she sane?

Basically, I agree. Villains are more interesting and I think some of the most interesting performances Summer has given are when she has drifted over to the dark side. She was really scary in Serenity as she stood over Simon after she had knocked him out. And her assertion to Sarah as to why she killed the Uncle in Gnothi Seauton because Sarah wouldn't was as clear example as any of what she was capable of as a terminator

About Deadly Honeymoon, I thought that her role was somewhat ambiguous. She loved her husband but she also loved that she was going to satisfy her ambition. I think that she tried to portray her character as having a dual nature in that she could be a loving wife but she could turn nasty, particularly when it came to extorting the money from the shipping company. But ultimately, I suppose she is a person completely given over to her ambitions and the pursuit of wealth and power.

Alex Post # 39 | Wednesday, 01 Feb 2012 - 03:52
Quote (Fermi)
Episode 8.16 of Grey's Anatomy will be called "If Only You Were Lonely" and will air February 23th at 9/8c on ABC

Source http://www.docstoc.com/docs....ry-2012

I think the title refers to a concept album from a group called The Hawthornes. I know nothing about this group other than what I read in Wikipedia.

If Only You Were Lonely is a concept album following the long-distance relationship between a young couple who were unwillingly taken apart because of the boy's family moving (hence the line in the opening track, "I know it seems like we're never coming back"). Through-out the album, the couple keep their relationship going while talking on the phone and look back on the pain they went through due to their separation. This is especially evident in "Pens and Needles" and "Saying Sorry". In the album's final track, "Decembers," the boy remembers all the times he had with his girlfriend and wishes he could have her back.

If a long distance relationship is the theme of the episode, I am trying to figure out how this would relate to her as a nurse. Maybe she is married to someone who recently had to move far away and she has to stay in Seattle and perhaps decided to go back to work. This is pure speculation.

Fox012 Post # 40 | Wednesday, 01 Feb 2012 - 05:29
Group: Users
Well thank god GA is a Family series and does not have Villains so she wont play a evil role (Sorry blazius) that would just not fit into the concept / plot of the show...

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

chrisdvanne_ Post # 41 | Wednesday, 01 Feb 2012 - 10:10
Quote (Fox012)
If a long distance relationship is the theme of the episode, I am trying to figure out how this would relate to her as a nurse. Maybe she is married to someone who recently had to move far away and she has to stay in Seattle and perhaps decided to go back to work. This is pure speculation.

Series like GA often follow a pattern : there 's a A-plot and a B-plot. One of them follow the story around the guest star of the week and the other plot revolves around established cast members (overarching plot); the plots can overlap (like in the episode of Alphas inwhich Summer guest starred) or be completely separated (like in the episode of Chuck).

Speculating about the title of the episode is somewhat presomptueus, or pure speculation as Alex said, considering we don't know if Summer's character is concerned; to this regard, it would be interesting to have the opinion of people who watch regularly GA like Fox or Blazius's mom (with all due respect). My question is simple : does usually the title of the episode refers to the guest star's plot?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Blazius Post # 42 | Wednesday, 01 Feb 2012 - 20:22
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Speculating about the title of the episode is somewhat presomptueus, or pure speculation as Alex said, considering we don't know if Summer's character is concerned; to this regard, it would be interesting to have the opinion of people who watch regularly GA like Fox or Blazius's mom (with all due respect). My question is simple : does usually the title of the episode refers to the guest star's plot?

Mom says that she is not used to analyze it that much( while she is cooking or something like that) and she is not the most hardcore watcher anyway but she told me that the title definitely defines the
plot of the episodes and she thinks that Summer has a great chance of being involved with it.

The opinion of a more hardcore fan of the show would be more informative of course.

Quote (Alex)
About Deadly Honeymoon, I thought that her role was somewhat ambiguous. She loved her husband but she also loved that she was going to satisfy her ambition. I think that she tried to portray her character as having a dual nature in that she could be a loving wife but she could turn nasty, particularly when it came to extorting the money from the shipping company. But ultimately, I suppose she is a person completely given over to her ambitions and the pursuit of wealth and power.

There was definitely good in Lindsey and she had a faint conscience( her nightmares) but what I learned through the course of the movie is that under the idilic image both of them showed is just hiding a rotten core. Trevor was a bastard and far worse than Lindsey of course but she was also a bitch, like when she almost fucked Trevors friend on the party or of course when she used her husbands death to funnel money out of the company. Also Summer made a fantastic job at making you feel Lindseys deceptive nature, playing her innocently but leaving small clues that she is just pretending. When she faked sorrow in front of her dad and then going berserk was genius work IMO biggrin

Also she definitely killed Trevor, maybe she didn't want to first but when he fell over she should have called for help so the crew can save him but she refused to do so out of revenge and because she wanted his money. I'd say they deserved each other and it was only a matter of time that one of them dies in this marriage, it was Trevor because he was dumb as hell compared to Lindsey who was master manipulator.

Quote (Alex)
You're right - I had forgot about The 4400 and to be honest, I have only seen snippets. In the scene you reference, is she schizophrenic or is she sane?

She is sane. She always believed that its her mission to help Kevin in his experiments and she was in love with him anyway so she did this voluntarily. She was also sane when she helped the evil Jesus guy.

I liked that BTW that she was always the muscle in those episodes due to her extremely powerful abilities.

KrelleK Post # 43 | Thursday, 02 Feb 2012 - 02:41
NO SHE MUST NOT DIE!!!! SHE IS ETERNAL

Message edited by KrelleK - Thursday, 02 Feb 2012, 02:42

KrelleK Post # 44 | Thursday, 02 Feb 2012 - 03:01
Quote (Blazius)
There was definitely good in Lindsey and she had a faint conscience( her nightmares) but what I learned through the course of the movie is that under the idilic image both of them showed is just hiding a rotten core. Trevor was a bastard and far worse than Lindsey of course but she was also a bitch, like when she almost fucked Trevors friend on the party or of course when she used her husbands death to funnel money out of the company. Also Summer made a fantastic job at making you feel Lindseys deceptive nature, playing her innocently but leaving small clues that she is just pretending. When she faked sorrow in front of her dad and then going berserk was genius work IMO

I am not sure if she was faking sorrow, I always saw it as if she was really sorry that he was dead, and the little thing with going berzerk is a symptom of this, that she gets a breakdown as if she is trying very hard to remember what exactly happened in those few seconds, very much unsure of herself, if she did indeed do it - push him or if he did fall over by accident and/or why she could not get herself to call for help.

I mean in the scene where he falls over, to my memory - she is holding her hands close to herself warding him off but not pushing, and lowering herself so she can hopefully jump under his arms and evade him, while he is leaning forward to hug her and in his inebriated state, his inertia gets him close to the side, and he gets overbalance and falls overboard.

to me it does seem like she is grabbing him by the shoulders to turn around and pull him overboard.

Message edited by KrelleK - Thursday, 02 Feb 2012, 03:09

KrelleK Post # 45 | Thursday, 02 Feb 2012 - 03:08
Quote (Blazius)

Quote (chrisdvanne)

You are right!

Quote (chrisdvanne)

well if I was to be bit by A Zombie, I would probably prefer it be one that looked like Summer, but I would really like to see Summer play a Vampire - perhaps even that is strugling with what she has to do to survive - a characther similar to, if not outright BloodRayne biggrin

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau guest starring role on Grey's Anatomy
Search: