menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau guest starring role on Grey's Anatomy
Summer Glau guest starring role on Grey's Anatomy
The1RussterDate: Tuesday, 20 Mar 2012, 17:04 | Message # 136
Group: Writer
I agree with Chris on his assessment. This the last of Emily on the show. The most that will probably happen is that there will be some offhand comment in the next episode that Emily has switched back to day shift or left the hospital to work elsewhere because of the situation Christina put her in.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Tuesday, 20 Mar 2012, 17:14

KrelleKDate: Tuesday, 20 Mar 2012, 19:08 | Message # 137
Group: Friends
I see, and as I said i have no real idea what was happening in either of the episodes, because i have not seen them yet, but the few cuts with Summer that has been posted so i am not aware of what situation that christina sets her in at any point. biggrin but I hope i can soon get to see them. biggrin

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 20 Mar 2012, 21:12 | Message # 138
Hello, everybody again! I'm back smile

I could finally see Summers episode!

I'm really glad that Summer got more screentime and her performance during the confrontation scene was simply staggering! Honestly this is one of Summers most intense and brilliant moments ever IMO! Of course it wasn't as long as Alisons interrogation scenes for example but that few moments packed a real punch for sure! So many different and strong emotions, mixed with each other, brilliantly played and communicated to the audience while keeping those emotions so genuine as if it were a real exchange in front of you. The other thing that staggered me( and it always does) is that the same power and raw emotion that came from Summer when she was new and fresh a decade ago is still 100% there. Even the best artists tend to burn out a bit with time or have bad days at least but Summer is like if she were just starting to heat up.

Where all that energy and brilliance comes from I wonder?
Its simply amazing that it doesn't matter which point of her career you choose she is equally brilliant every time. Her other moments were brilliant too of course in the episode.

This episode on the other hand clearly underlines the artistic values vs. career advancement issues. Summer doesn't really belong there in that sense that every other actor and the script seems vastly inferior compared to her abilities IMO and I'm sure she was never so much bored in her life than in this changing period simply because this role didn't use utilize even 1% of her abilities. This clearly makes a very unpleasant contrast with Summer vs. everybody else on stage which is only helped by Summers handicapped screentime.

Of course its right now the best to build her career and I imagine this two eps were an enormous help with that, my point simply is that as in the case of A- lister movies artistic is not the same as succesful or even popular.

Nonetheless I'd be glad if I could see many more episodes with nurse Emily if not for anything else but just for seeing Summer again and again in episodes and with the knowledge that so much people gets to see her brilliance.

But it doesn't have much chance to happen if I got it right.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Tuesday, 20 Mar 2012, 21:19

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 20 Mar 2012, 22:13 | Message # 139
Group: Administrators
Of course, the moment i write not many people, except us, commented on Summer's performance, an online review praises her wink

Alex Cranz at Fempop :

And then the bastard went and cheated on her. Not with Summer Glau as we all initially suspected (Sidenote: her trying to prove she isn’t dating Owen was a highlight of the night. MORE GLAU.), but with some other lady we may have never seen before.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 20 Mar 2012, 22:24 | Message # 140
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Of course, the moment i write not many people, except us, commented on Summer's performance, an online review praises her

Seeing the artistic quality of the show I wouldn't expect its audience to care for acting that much but still, only a Terminator wouldn't be moved by that scene on some level. Are people that nihilistic towards the show they are watching or its just not cool to talk about it?

This scene was probably the most brilliant and well acted in the entire show BTW, I'm so proud of Summer that she left her mark on the show and the genre this way, even if nobody will care about it in the end except us.

Edit: Highlight of the night? They probably doesn't even realize that Summer's been doing performances like this constantly for a decade without ever slowing down.

Message edited by Blazius - Tuesday, 20 Mar 2012, 22:31

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 20 Mar 2012, 23:00 | Message # 141
Quote (Blazius)
Are people that nihilistic towards the show they are watching or its just not cool to talk about it?

I haven't watched GA before Summer's guest spot but there's something i have learned; GA's fans are rabid and passionate about the main characters and their (mostly love) relationships.
Some of us were also die-hard Jameron fans in TSCC; the difference i see between the two shows is that the story and the plots outside of the Jameron ship was enough to have you hooked to the show (sorry GA fans if i sound too arrogant).

My point is that GA fans don't give a s**t about nurse Emily who is just an excuse to highlight the problems between Owen in Cristina; one cannot blame the fans for caring about the main characters. Indeed, the shocking moment of the episode was not the mutilation of one patient or one doctor making it with another one, it was clearly the revelation that Owen was cheating on Cristina; Emily was a secondary character only, especially since both Emily and Owen stated they don't have an affair and Summer's great performance was a bit obliterated by these facts.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 22 Mar 2012, 09:30

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 22 Mar 2012, 02:00 | Message # 142
Quote (chrisdvanne)
My point is that GA fans don't give a s**t about nurse Emily who is just an excuse to highlight the problems between Owen in Christina; one cannot blame the fans for caring about the main characters. Indeed, the shocking moment of the episode was not the mutilation of one patient or one doctor making it with another one, it was clearly the revelation that Owen was cheating on Cristina; Emily was a secondary character only, especially since both Emily and Owen stated they don't have an affair and Summer's great performance was a bit obliterated by these facts.

Still, no one mentioned Summers performance just because of that? I think about reviewers more of course than casual viewers. How can a plot event obliterate a performance anyway? Are people say that somebody who plays a villain is a bad actor simply because his/her character isn't sympathetic?

FermiDate: Saturday, 24 Mar 2012, 23:25 | Message # 143
Michael Ausiello says that Grey's Anatomy and a couple of other shows will be renewed

http://tvline.com/2012....renewed

The Summer glau effect biggrin

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 06 Apr 2012, 00:13 | Message # 144
Today i saw a lot of tweets on Summer's guest star apperance in Grey's Anatomy episode 8x16 (the first of the 2 Summer Glau episodes); of course people were hoping she'll return in a speaking role smile

My point is that GA is a hit show with lots of repeats and broadcast internationnaly, which brings exposure for Summer Glau; this is very similar to what can be observed with The Big Bang Theory. As much as i love Alphas (Syfy), the impact of these two episodes is much more important than Summer's guest apperance in Alphas, not to mention it helps Summer broading her experience in non genre shows.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 06 Apr 2012, 00:14

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 18 Apr 2012, 09:38 | Message # 145
Do we know what was the name on Summer's badge eventually?

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 10 May 2012, 13:26 | Message # 146
All original Grey's Anatomy cast members have signed for two more years in ABC medical drama, namely Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, Sandra Oh, Justin Chambers, James Pickens, Jr. and Chandra Wilson.

Grey's Anatomy

If you remember, showrunner Shonda Rhimes didn't know which members of the original cast would and would not return next fall and to writea season finale accordingly :

Quote (Shonda Rhimes)
[It] was the most complex puzzle I’ve had to put together — ever,” she shared. ”We have all these moveable pieces of who’s coming back and who’s not, and finally I just decided to focus on what was going to be best creatively [and] make it work regardless of what is happening [off screen].”

ABC has yet to formally order a ninth season of Grey’s Anatomy; the network reveals its 2012-13 TV schedule next week.

Source : Dealine

Side note : so much noise for so little tongue

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 10 May 2012, 13:29

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 01:54 | Message # 147
Hitting a 13-Week High and Growing Year to Year in Adults 18-49 demographic, ABC’s “Grey’s Anatomy” is the No. 1 Series in its Slot for the 5th Week Running

via Press Release

Summer Glau effect?

Fox012Date: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 12:10 | Message # 148
Quote (Fermi)
Michael Ausiello says that Grey's Anatomy and a couple of other shows will be renewed

http://tvline.com/2012....renewed

The Summer glau effect biggrin

That Effect normaly is The opposite.... tongue *hides in trench* cool

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 25 Apr 2013, 20:53 | Message # 149
A weekly French newsmagazine wrote about the upcoming, in France at least, eight season of GA and mentioned Summer Glau's appearance.

Au cours de la saison, deux éminents protagonistes - mais ne comptez pas sur nous pour vous dire lesquels - vont quitter la série. Ces départs seront compensés par l'arrivée de nouveaux personnages. La mère de Jackson, Catherine Avery, fera son entrée au Seattle Grace Hospital, campée par l'actrice Debbie Allen. Jordan Belfi, vu dans "FBI : Portés disparus", "Les Experts : Miami", "Entourage" ou encore "Ghost Whisperer", jouera dans deux épisodes : il tiendra le rôle de Ryan, un patient décrit comme drôle et aventurier. Summer Glau, aperçue dans "Cold Case : Affaires classées" et "Esprits criminels" fera une apparition, de même qu'Holland Roden, vue dans "Les Experts" et "Lost : Les Disparus".

The funny thing is that they mention Summer's previous appearance on tv shows such as Cold Case but completely ignored her iconic roles in Firefly or Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. This is not that surprising and not a bad things if you ask me, considering that Summer Glau is trying to reach to new audiences (and by that I mean non sci-fi).

ThierryDate: Thursday, 25 Apr 2013, 21:40 | Message # 150
Quote (chrisdvanne)
A weekly French newsmagazine wrote about the upcoming, in France at least, eight season of GA and mentioned Summer Glau's appearance.

I wonder how the journalist who wrote this was informed about Summer's work.... Chris, in which magazine did you find this ?

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau guest starring role on Grey's Anatomy
Search: