menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » io9.com daily 10 stories :10 great prison breaks
io9.com daily 10 stories :10 great prison breaks
PasshaDate: Wednesday, 16 Nov 2011, 16:35 | Message # 1
Group: Friends
http://io9.com/5859711....fantasy

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 16 Nov 2011, 16:57 | Message # 2
Group: Administrators
Charlie Jane Anders stroke back biggrin

The prison escape scene in TSCC finale is ranked #8 but Summer Glau as Cameron takes the illustration pictures of the article.

Quote (Io9)
No prison can hold a truly awesome hero. To a great explorer of the unknown, a cell is just a puzzle to be unlocked, and guards are just obstacles to be eluded. Many of our favorite science fiction and fantasy stories include prison breaks, in which our hero proves that no cell can hold him or her.

Here are our 10 favorite prison breaks from science fiction and fantasy.

Summer Glau as Cameron holding a rifle in TSCC 8. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, "Born to Run."

Sort of an echo of when Sarah Connor escapes from the mental facility in Terminator 2 — here, she's in jail for all her crimes, real and imagined, when Cameron shows up to get her out.
We get to see an entire prison full of guards and inmates coping with one very determined Terminator, with Cameron using only non-lethal force. While John Henry watches via surveillance cameras, and pitches in a little.
I also love that Sarah's first words to Cameron are, "You look like hell. Can you keep up?"

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 16 Nov 2011, 17:09 | Message # 3
Group: Administrators
If i don't report the due reference to Star Wars, half of the Wiki members will kill me vinsent

Chewbacca in Star Wars2. Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

It's hard to believe just how convoluted and over-complicated the Rebels' plan to spring Han Solo from Jabba's prison is — it involves Leia impersonating a famous bounty hunter, Lando infiltrating his palace undercover, Chewbacca getting captured, and R2 and 3PO's enslavement.

Finally, Luke and friends say "screw it," and decide to get it over with and just kill everybody.

Thanks for the info Passha btw smile

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 16 Nov 2011, 20:30

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 16 Nov 2011, 20:13 | Message # 4
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
8. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, "Born to Run."

Sort of an echo of when Sarah Connor escapes from the mental facility in Terminator 2 — here, she's in jail for all her crimes, real and imagined, when Cameron shows up to get her out.
We get to see an entire prison full of guards and inmates coping with one very determined Terminator, with Cameron using only non-lethal force. While John Henry watches via surveillance cameras, and pitches in a little.
I also love that Sarah's first words to Cameron are, "You look like hell. Can you keep up?"

What can be more badass than Summer with her favorite shotgun versus a whole prison biggrin ?

My only gripe was that she didn't kill anyone. I know it was supposed to mirror T2 but Cameron wasn't bound by promises to John and killed many people before. It dampened the scene for me a bit ( just a bit biggrin ).

Quote (michelangelo)
2. Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

It's hard to believe just how convoluted and over-complicated the Rebels' plan to spring Han Solo from Jabba's prison is — it involves Leia impersonating a famous bounty hunter, Lando infiltrating his palace undercover, Chewbacca getting captured, and R2 and 3PO's enslavement.

Finally, Luke and friends say "screw it," and decide to get it over with and just kill everybody.

Yeah it was a bit too complicated compared to that in the end they had to fight their way out the straightforward way. Althrough its highly possible that everything was as they planned and the plan was not only to free Han but to lure Jabba out into the open and kill him for messing with the Alliance(in which they succeeded). The Jabba story sequence was done poorly I think nonetheless, worst part of the movie actually.

And I wished the real Boushh( Leia's alter ego) would get some part.

Quote (michelangelo)
If i don't report the due reference to Star Wars, half of the Wiki members will kill me

Don't worry, we are a Summer fanpage after all and not SW biggrin

But I think SW makes a good off-topic ( or in the Best role for Summer case on-topic) discussion until another Summer Glau wonder shows up.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » io9.com daily 10 stories :10 great prison breaks
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: