menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Submit a News or Article
chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 09 Dec 2011, 17:56 | Message # 61
Group: Administrators
Quote (Fermi)
This is an old charity, and could therefore not be considered news for the main page.

The new element is that this year auctions did not break Summer's record, as twitted by The Elephant Project twitter account :

@ElephantProject
Elephant Project
Summer Glau's record auction total of $1300 was almost beat by @CoryMonteith, but alas, Summer still holds the record!

Side note : thanks to our PR=4 , the blog entry ranks first when searching for "Elephant Project Summer Glau" in Google cool

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 02:54 | Message # 62
Group: Friends
Quote (chrisdvanne)
The new element is that this year auctions did not break Summer's record, as twitted by The Elephant Project twitter account :

I always knew that Summer's elephant is unbeatable!

Just like its signer cool

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 03:10 | Message # 63
Quote (Blazius)
I always knew that Summer's elephant is unbeatable!

Yet there was some big names in this year auctions as i mention in the blog post.

The Elephant Project : Summer Glau still holds the record!

I shall do another blog post with another charity (involving Teddy Bears this time) inwhich Summer also holds the record; i've also asked the winner of this bid, that's $2 300 we're talking about this time, an exclusive picture.

Here's the exclusive picture from the winner :

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 03:11

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 03:14 | Message # 64
Quote (FordStaff)
No, just no. Legendary is hard to achieve, the only SF on screen at that level is Star Trek and Star Wars. (and Doctor Who for the British? ) The things those have in common is mainstream acceptance and large amounts of material.

Remember that even legendary shows and movies face difficulties.

As I mentioned TOS got the same crappy threatment as Firefly and TSCC. It got renewed for season 3 but then for some idiotic reasons they put it into the death slot DESPITE Rodemberry protested. THEN they cut down its budget and expected it to fare well? Then they cancelled it after season 3 due to low ratings.

I think STs big luck is that TNG became successful.

GL faced many problems with SW too. In fact nobody took him seriously, nobody thought that SW has a chance not to fail( notice, they doubted that it will not fail, not that if it will become legendary or not). Not even the actors( Harrison Ford had nasty arguments with GL over the script saying that its too stupid). In the end the studio wanted to shut down GL who paced up the process but he thought he rushed it and the whole thing is indeed crap and he got depressed.

Yet SW didn't exactly "fail" as we see.

So who knows? Maybe Serenity 2 would be the movie which gains legendary status next.

Quote (FordStaff)
I still do not understand why FOX put T:TSCC and Firefly into the Friday night death spot, considering they were shows they really wanted to give a chance, and pumped plenty of money into, both had things going for them. It is not as they gave them much chance, they were almost immediately shoved there. It just does not even make sense on the buisness end. Particularly Firefly's move, because that put it into a time slot competition with Farscape, the only other SF show on. Why the fuck would you split the SF audience unnecessarily, almost as stupid as not showing the pilot and airing shit out of order for no reason.

Yeah. Remember the hype and advertising for TSCC for example. Why was that for if then they proceed to kill the show almost on purpose? If its successful they earn money for it after all. The Firefly " show the episodes out of order" case was just retarded too.

Farscape is crap compared to both Firefly and TSCC BTW. Thats the other show which I couldn't watch to the finish along with Andromeda. It was written for little kids IMO.

FordStaffDate: Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 03:34 | Message # 65

Farscape is crap compared to both Firefly and TSCC BTW. Thats the other show which I couldn't watch to the finish along with Andromeda. It was written for little kids IMO.

Never watched Farscape so IDK, still a stupid decision, much like the stupid decision to place Community and The Big Bang Theory into the same time slots. Why on Earth would you compete for the same group of people when you do not have to, even if your the more successful show you will be losing at least some people?

Remember that even legendary shows and movies face difficulties.

So who knows? Maybe Serenity 2 would be the movie which gains legendary status ne

That would never happen, not only would a single movie not be likely put any SF universe on the same level of ST and SW, but Serenity 2 is very unlikely to happen (but please happen biggrin ). If Firefly has any future it will likely be with a reboot in the somewhat distant future, not that this would be likely either.

Yeah. Remember the hype and advertising for TSCC for example. Why was that for if then they proceed to kill the show almost on purpose? If its successful they earn money for it after all. The Firefly " show the episodes out of order" case was just retarded too.

Exactly they pushed TSCC hard, and with firefly they had a pretty big budget and went with Joss Whedon, just to attempt to get a hit. In both cases the shows were geared for success, but FOX almost immediately tried to make sure it would not happen. It does not even make sense. Nobody would care had they been crappy shows, but they were actually really damn good.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

FermiDate: Tuesday, 20 Dec 2011, 01:34 | Message # 66
Adam Baldwin will be appearing at the Calgary Expo April 27-29, 2012.

Serenity fans were very excited when they unofficially announced him at a screening of Serenity at the Plaza in Kensington yesterday.

Guests for the 2012 Calgary Expo so far

• Robert Englund (Nightmare on Elm Street)
  • Amanda Tapping (Stargate: SG-1, Sanctuary)
  • Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica, 24)
  • James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
  • Adam West (original Batman and Family Guy)
  • Tara Strong (My Little Pony: Friendship is magic andThe Powerpuff Girls)
  • Hayden Panettiere (Heroes, Scream 4).

Sorce: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36003

You can't stop the signal!

Joe73Date: Tuesday, 20 Dec 2011, 23:21 | Message # 67
Dont think this hads been posted here on the wiki, although knowing Sommer Glau Fans, they already read it at SG.net smile

For some TV shows, the end came too soon

Thats a window bird.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 21 Dec 2011, 00:53 | Message # 68
Quote (Joe73)
Dont think this hads been posted here on the wiki

I made a blog entry as soon as the article was released smile

TV shows that ended too soon : Summer Glau listed twice

Members and lurkers are invited to check the Blog because interesting articles are posted regularly.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 29 Dec 2011, 19:59 | Message # 69
Theatrical release?

@HellsGate_movie
TheLegendOfHellsGate
Feb. 3rd- more info out very soon! Thanks. RT @tinasweett22 @HellsGate_movie what's the status of the release? IMDB says 2011.

FermiDate: Thursday, 29 Dec 2011, 21:10 | Message # 70
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Theatrical release?

old news :P http://summer-glau.com/forum/24-129-10750-16-1324336632

I have no idea if there will be a theatrical release maybe they talking about DVD.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 06 Jan 2012, 03:15 | Message # 71
I have a 2008 magazine containing Summer Glau as Cameron on full interior page, mention of her name on cover and table of content and a few brief articles (with photos) mentioning TSCC, Summer, Lena.
Never seen before!
Interested?

BlaziusDate: Friday, 06 Jan 2012, 06:04 | Message # 72
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I have a 2008 magazine containing Summer Glau as Cameron on full interior page, mention of her name on cover and table of content and a few brief articles (with photos) mentioning TSCC, Summer, Lena.
Never seen before!
Interested?

Definitely! Keep them coming! happy

Especially if its never seen before. Those are always the best both from interviews and magazine scans.

wolverine13Date: Friday, 06 Jan 2012, 16:03 | Message # 73
Quote (Blazius)
Interested?

go on smile

FermiDate: Sunday, 08 Jan 2012, 02:36 | Message # 74
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Theatrical release?

Yes a theatrical release this spring according to their facebook

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 11 Jan 2012, 10:15 | Message # 75
Quote (Fermi)
Yes a theatrical release this spring according to their facebook

Here's some good news about the release of The Legend of Hell's Gate: An American Conspiracy.

The Legend of Hell's Gate

ComingSoon.net has learned that Phase 4 Films and Lightning Entertainment have picked up all rights to director Tanner Beard's The Legend of Hell's Gate: An American Conspiracy. Starring Eric Balfour, Lou Taylor Pucci, Jenna Dewan, Summer Glau and Henry Thomas, the Western is based on how Hell's Gate at Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas came to have its name. Produced by Suzanne Weinert and Jay Michaelson, Beard's film premiered at the Dallas Film Festival last March.

The plans are to release the film using Phase 4's ultra VOD model with plans for release On Demand and in theaters sometime during the Spring.

Source : comingsoon.net

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 11 Jan 2012, 11:45

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Search: