menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Submit a News or Article
chrisdvanne Post # 511 | Sunday, 07 Apr 2019 - 15:25
Group: Administrators
Quote ampertox ()
Chris, if you want, you may post it on your Twitter account (as I said, I don't have one) as a teaser. But, if you do, try to tag Friedman (@Josh_Friedman) and John Wirth (@WirthwhileTV), since they are the main protagonists of the "easter-egg", hope they will like it in case they watch it

I appreciate the time and effort you put in this fan video. However, a teaser does not last 5 minutes. More, people who are on Twitter for business reasons like Friedman or Wirth don't have time to watch fan made material.
In general, fans creations such as fan fiction, fanart of video tribute should be targeted at other fans, but not at cast and crew members, even if they were created as an homage to these talented people. This is my vision of fandom. In the past, I too wanted Summer to see the work we're doing, - this was the case for the Summer Glau Wiki Calendar -, but I have changed with experience.
Of course, a "like" from a cast and crew member is always appreciated but it should not be the primary goal, just the "cherry on the cake".

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

ampertox Post # 512 | Sunday, 07 Apr 2019 - 19:06
Group: Checked
You're right. Anyway, the word "credits" in vimeo's title was my mistake, and I corrected it to be like in the clip, "thanks", because this is exactly what I wanted to be, thanks smile

KevinInEngland Post # 513 | Sunday, 07 Apr 2019 - 19:29
Group: Friends
#510 That was nice Admirator.  Believe it or not, I watched the entire video through to the very end to see how many of the names I was familiar with.  Of course many were obvious, but putting a face and character to others was not so easy.
I think someone was/is in love with Cameron. What is the dictionary word for that? haha

ampertox Post # 514 | Sunday, 07 Apr 2019 - 20:45
@Kevin
There is one funny advantage of working with video frames: you still discover new things in the movie smile

When I first watched the TSCC, the very first scene when - totally unexpected! - I bursted in laughs was in the Pilot, the next morning after Dyson residence shootout with Cromartie: Sarah wakes up in the car in that warehouse, John and Cameron approaches, and she ask what time it is, to which Cameron answer instantly "7.52" smile Not "eight", not "almost eight", not "10 minutes to eight", but "7:52"! Of course, my mind was still thinking of her as a "her", not "it", so I needed that fraction of second to realize she doesn't need a watch, she has her internal clock, like any decent computer smile It was the very first moment when I realized the show will be something well beyond my expectations since the writers took care about such small detail.

Why I mentioned this: few days ago, working with frames, there is that sequence in "To the Lighthouse", where Cam and Derek are together in their 3-tons Dodge RAM and got the flat tire when ambushed; Derek tells Cam to check the tire while he's looking for the bad guys. Everytime I watched the scene I followed the main action, ie Derek, without paying attention to Cam. Now it was first time I observed that Cam unscrew the tire of the 3-tons tank efortlessy, with only two fingers smile Amazing! I swear I have to put more effort with my bicycle than she did there. The whole scene - like the one with "7:52" - takes only few seconds but, again, was awesome smile

KevinInEngland Post # 515 | Monday, 08 Apr 2019 - 08:27
Yes, @ampertox.  As I look up at my TV, the time is 08:21 on Sky News.  (I think that taking current technology in to consideration, John Connor said, "Computer memory is doubling each year exponentially".  As the year is currently 2019, and considering Cameron was built by Skynet in approx 2027, she is still far more advanced than any AI scientists are currently building.  Therefore, I think Cameron being highly advanced, would know that to say the 'time is 7:52 and 43 seconds' would be a naff thing to say.

Would I be to picky to say Cameron would need time for the flesh on her fingers to regrow and heal up after undoing the wheel nuts?
Or do you think something like that should be ignored?  For instance, Arnie in T1, definitely had damage to his face after the car crash.

ampertox Post # 516 | Monday, 08 Apr 2019 - 18:01
@kevin
Picky? I don't know biggrin Me I grow up with "once upon a time" bedtime stories which, blatantly put, are all lies. It would mean to don't watch Shrek - taking donkey? Talking donkey around? Imagine something like this:

"Mama, why this donkey sounds like Eddie Murphy? - Because it's Eddie Murphy! - But you said it's a donkey! - Shut up or I will call your father!"

"- Once upon a time.... - When? - Long time ago. Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess... - How tall she was? - Who cares? Don't bother me!"... Stuff like this smile

So, me I don't care too much if it's a lie but beautifully told by a good storyteller. It's a fantasy, not a scientific paper. Maybe Cameron's flesh is enforced with carbon+titanium fibers, who knows?

P.S I propose you to watch John Carpenter's 1974 "Dark Star". He was a student when he made it, together with Dan O'Bannon (RIP), the future creator of Alien - he's also starring in Dark Star. The spaceship console was made of plastic ice cube trays. Sounds shitty, isn't? Eh, they have on board not nuclear bombs, not themonuclear bombs, but thermostellar bombs! Which are smart ones! So smart, that they argue about their mission by talking about Nietzche. And they have an alien on board too. Ah, and to don't forget, the spaceship lost the whole supply of toilet paper smile

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069945/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

One of my favorite scenes  lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTa2vXL7FI8

Message edited by ampertox - Monday, 08 Apr 2019, 18:06

ampertox Post # 517 | Tuesday, 09 Apr 2019 - 17:21
Quote KevinInEngland ()
I think someone was/is in love with Cameron.

I forgot about this. What do you think, in the Dark Star clip I posted yesterday, isn't Cameron in that photo at 0:37 and 1:02? I'm almost sure she is  tongue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTa2vXL7FI8

Message edited by ampertox - Tuesday, 09 Apr 2019, 17:23

KevinInEngland Post # 518 | Tuesday, 09 Apr 2019 - 19:57
#516  Hmnn, I found it very erratic.
#517  Oh yes, I saw that picture yesterday but never thought much about it.  If Cameron had been around then, I'm sure the astronaut would have her in his spacecraft.

ampertox Post # 519 | Saturday, 13 Apr 2019 - 03:03
Something fresh, have fun  tongue

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Search: