Summer Glau at Planet Comicon Kansas City 2017
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By KevinInEngland

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Summer Glau at FACTS
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By KevinInEngland

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Website Information
By Admirator

New comments

chrisdvanne on: GTA 6 spotted in Brazil, for PS2, and starring Summer Glau. Seems legit.

KevinInEngland on: Summer Glau and Joss Whedon at the Dizzy Feet Foundation gala

chrisdvanne on: Summer joins MCM Ireland Comic Con

KevinInEngland on: Brief interview with Summer Glau on set of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

KevinInEngland on: Gallery update: Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau and Joss Whedon in UK TV show to promote Serenity

chrisdvanne on: Gallery update: Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau and Joss Whedon in UK TV show to promote Serenity

chrisdvanne on: Gallery update: Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau and Joss Whedon in UK TV show to promote Serenity

Admirator on: Happy New Year 2017 everyone!

chrisdvanne on: Happy New Year 2017 everyone!

KevinInEngland on: Happy New Year 2017 everyone!

New videos

00:01:20

00:02:56

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 32 of 32«12303132
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Submit a News or Article
Date: Saturday, 2016 Oct 29, 01:39 GMT | Message # 466

Friends

Did we cover this topic yet here? Would be a shame if Summer does this too.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-fe....-933062

"The fact is, a guest star on a TV show can [get] around $10,000, whereas you can work two days at a convention and pull in the same amount — and sometimes double and triple that," says Firefly actress Jewel Staite, who did 12 conventions last year while pregnant with her son and, as she says, "pretty much not hireable." She'll do the same when she has a second child. "Have I turned down smaller jobs that won't pay as much? Absolutely. It would be silly of me to say yes to the job that pays $10,000 for a week of work and bow out of a big convention where I could potentially walk away with $40,000 in two days."

That decision, however, can prove shortsighted. Multiple producers say if guest or recurring actors turn them down in favor of conventions, they likely won't get called again. In some cases, genre shows have started putting their superhero boot down on talent who ask for time off to do a fan event. But some producers use the second revenue stream to lure talent to genre shows. "In a world where residuals don't mean as much, conventions are like residuals," says Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim. Adds Staite, "My actor friends are always saying how much they're dying for a genre show just to break into the convention world."

don't bother they're here

Date: Saturday, 2016 Oct 29, 08:41 GMT | Message # 467

Site Admin

Quote Cammy ()
Did we cover this topic yet here? Would be a shame if Summer does this too.

Thank you for mentioning this interesting article that gives precise figures. I had done a similar evaluation of what an actor can earn at these conventions a while ago and ended with similar figures.
Summer has made the choice to make a break from acting to raise her child and place her career second in order to spend time with her family. There's a good chance she has turned down job opportunities last year because of that.
Meanwhile, attending conventions is a good way to make money while pleasing fans who are more than happy to meet their favorite celebrity.

Needless to say, I miss seeing her on tv.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Saturday, 2016 Oct 29, 21:13 GMT | Message # 468

Friends

# 466 I find those figures amazing.

Date: Friday, 2016 Dec 16, 14:27 GMT | Message # 469

Site Admin

Which female action heroes would you call on to save the world?

Summer Glau

She's played the Terminator on the small screen, and could give Arnie a run for his money on the big screen. With a remarkable ability to switch from ice cold to warm to vulnerable to downright lethal, Summer Glau is the perfect lead for the sci-fi action flick.

Full article at theage.com.au

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Friday, 2016 Dec 16, 14:46 GMT | Message # 470

Friends

# 469
Yes indeed.  A lot of Australians are fans of Summer - they have good conventions.  They were also ABBA fans years ago.

I think I'd call on Cameron to be ruthless.  She wasn't very careful when she attacked Roger Shafer, Moishe's bodyguard and the Russian Guy who threatened Maria.

Look what she did to Vick Chamberlain. (Good job John wasn't there to see her cut off his ****).  If you remember, he was married to Barbara.

RIP VICK!!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Page 32 of 32«12303132
Search: