San Francisco Comic Con
September 1-3, 2017

Summer Glau at MCM Belfast Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By robbo

Juke Joint!
By robbo

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at MCM London Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By robbo

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Game of Thrones
By robbo

Summer Glau at Rose City Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

New comments

Jimmy PK on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Martin John on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Martin John on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

robbo on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

chrisdvanne on: Serenity Comic - All Aboard the feels train

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

RedsBaron on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

robbo on: HQ photos from the Firefly panel at MCM London Comic Con

New videos

00:01:17

00:14:30

00:03:40

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 31 of 32«1229303132»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Submit a News or Article
Date: Sunday, 2016 Jul 10, 13:13 GMT | Message # 451

Friends

You're right Admirator
Draw attention to something.
After all, nothing was ever said about Star Trek Voyager but I'm sure the same applies there to many of their characters.
Back in the days, ST Voyager was my favourite series.

Date: Sunday, 2016 Jul 10, 15:36 GMT | Message # 452

Friends

Quote KevinInEngland ()
Back in the days, ST Voyager was my favourite series.
I'm not sure if our networks in here ever showed it and i.. didn't try to see it on the internet (yes shame on me). Should i watch it? It has 172 episodes... Needs some commitment smile .

To the Sweetest Terminator in the Verse... and Summtris (game) greekpiece@gmail.com

Date: Saturday, 2016 Aug 13, 00:14 GMT | Message # 453

Friends

Whedon To Helm "Flash" & "Supergirl" Musicals?

Yesterday came the news that, on top of the four show crossover event in December, The CW also planned to do a "The Flash" and "Supergirl" double-episode crossover in which both episodes of their respective shows would be musicals. 

Today, The Hashtag Show is reporting that the director of these crossover episodes is none other than Joss Whedon. Considering his experience on the "Buffy" musical episode along with some other work, he's a great choice assuming the report is accurate. 

For now the news has not been confirmed, but The Hashtag Show have broken scoops including the news of Finn Jones' casting in "Iron Fist". The double episode will occur during the back-half of the upcoming seasons, likely around February. 

Via: Variety

Date: Saturday, 2016 Aug 13, 10:27 GMT | Message # 454

Friends

# 453 That could be entertaining, especially as Supergirl and Flash were both dancers in Glee.

Date: Sunday, 2016 Aug 14, 02:11 GMT | Message # 455

Friends

R.I.P "Star Wars" Actor Kenny Baker 

Famed British actor Kenny Baker has died at the age of 83 after a long fight with illness reports The Guardian. Only 3'8"tall, Baker most famously played R2-D2 in the "Star Wars" films. Quoting a statement from Baker's niece Abigail Shield, she told the paper:

"It was expected, but it's sad nonetheless. He had a very long and fulfilled life. He brought lots of happiness to people and we'll be celebrating the fact that he was well loved throughout the world. We're all very proud of what he achieved in his lifetime. 

When he was a child, he was told that he probably wouldn't survive through puberty, being a little person in those times, they didn't have a very good life expectancy. He did extremely well in his life. He was very ill for the last few years so we had been expecting it. He had been looked after by one of his nephews, who found him on Saturday morning."

Baker's career spans many decades on film and TV with such notable movies as "Flash Gordon," "The Elephant Man," "Amadeus," "Time Bandits" and "Labyrinth".

RIP little man. You will be sorely missed by your fans, may the force be with you! 

Via: The Guardian

Date: Thursday, 2016 Sep 08, 23:31 GMT | Message # 456

Site Admin

15 Superhero TV Shows You Completely Forgot About

2. THE CAPE
With NBC mourning the disaster of Heroes—acclaimed and popular in the first season, but a mess thereafter—the network opted to try again at creating a popular superhero show. The Cape debuted in 2011. It followed police officer Vince Faraday, who was framed for murder by a mysterious villain called “Chess.” In an effort to foil Chess and clear his own name, Faraday begins training with a gang of robber-circus performers to become The Cape, a superhero in the vein of The Shadow.

The Cape debuted to mixed reviews and mediocre viewership. Audiences didn’t know what to make of the unintentionally ridiculous title, or the bizarre setup for the plot. It aired only 10 episodes before NBC dropped the show. A sort of series finale aired on NBC’s website, rather than during the broadcast schedule. Despite the presence of a number of noted genre actors—Summer Glau, Keith David, and Vinnie Jones—The Cape never generated much interest, and will likely remain an odd footnote in superhero TV history.

http://screenrant.com/superhero-tv-shows-you-forgot-about-unknown/14/

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Friday, 2016 Sep 09, 12:26 GMT | Message # 457

Friends

# 456 chrisdvanne
That's not surprising.  I gave up on Heroes 3 episodes before the end.

-

I believe The Cape was a good opportunity for a spinoff series named Orwell.  I thought Summer was good in that series and could have developed in to an interesting series in her own right.
Her disguises were top-notch.  (She was not directed by anybody with a good eye for small things in how to look as though she is really typing on the keyboard).
On that point, I don't think Kirsten Vangsness, who plays Penelope Garcia, in Criminal Minds was a very good convincing typist either, as every time she wanted to get something on the screen, she would rattle her fingers without thinking too hard or waiting and pausing for various responses.
Here is a good quiz question for Summer Glau officinados: who remembers seeing Kirsten and Summer together in the same photo? (I believe you have it on this website Chris).

I think Pauley Perrette, who plays Abby Sciuto, is more convincing.

Rather than add a comment, now that you found it with your computer-brain-memory, I'll say 'well done' here.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Friday, 2016 Sep 09, 15:13

Date: Friday, 2016 Sep 09, 13:44 GMT | Message # 458

Site Admin

Quote KevinInEngland ()
Here is a good quiz question for Summer Glau officinados: who remembers seeing Kirsten and Summer together in the same photo? (I believe you have it on this website Chris).

You almost got me...almost wink
It took me a few seconds but them I remembered YOU mentioned Kirsten's presence - along with Summer Glau - at the Hollywood Farmers Market Fundraiser on August 12, 2011.

Date: Sunday, 2016 Oct 09, 02:00 GMT | Message # 459

Friends

Will "Westworld" Go To Other Worlds?

Michael Crichton's famed 1973 film "Westworld" is set around the Old West section of the DELOS theme park. Soon the robots start going haywire and killing people and things fall apart from there, but during proceedings we see adjacent parts of the park including Roman World and Medieval World. A sequel film shifted the action to Future World. 

This has begged the obvious question - could the other theme parks also appear in HBO's new series reinvention of the property? The park in the series is entirely WestWorld from the looks of it and so far in the four episodes screened to media there has been no mention of other worlds at this point. HBO's tie-in websites list the park as a 'DELOS Destinations compound' which would suggest there are other compounds. 

Showrunner Jonathan Nolan was recently asked if we can assume that there are other worlds in this theme park to which he said: "I would assume nothing. We've got an awful lot of material to cover just with Westworld, but you want to stay tuned."

A more concrete answer though comes today from production designer Zack Grobler who tells Inverse: "For the first season, we only explore the West World. There's talk about in the future seasons, if there's more, that there will be a different world. But we're not sure what it will be yet."

The showrunners have already indicated they have 5-6 seasons of the series mapped out and plan to shake things up on a regular basis which would suggest subsequent seasons won't just be a repeat of the first with 'here's the new recruits for this year' style scenario. 

Other theories that fans have floated include the park being on another planet, or Earth itself effectively becoming one giant Westworld by the end of the series with robots and people indistinguishable and living together in a functioning society. 

The second episode of the series is now available on HBO Now, HBO Go and HBO On Demand. 

Via: HBO

Date: Sunday, 2016 Oct 09, 13:20 GMT | Message # 460

Friends

# 459 Yes. I'm in to Westworld.
Regarding that article, I noted that one of the cyborgs was placed back in long storage after they found a problem with his memory overlay (Think of Cameron's chip glitching/tracking over to Allison Young).  I envisage that the android might be reintroduced in another world, like Roman world or something.
He was replaced by another android (my correction), who then became the father of the young blonde female android.  Because she had been 'rebooted' or had a single memory replaced, she now recognised the new male android as her father.
It's interesting because the androids are programmed to think they are human and go about life as though they've always lived there.  (When questioned by a guest on anything not related to their programming, they turn 'a blind eye' to the question and smile).
Has anybody noticed on the news that Arnie is opposed to Donald Trump after the latest revelation?  Anyway I digress).
One thing that puzzles me is, how expensive would it be to repair and/or replace all the androids that have been shot or worse?  Still, I'm sure the customer patrons are paying countless millions upon millions for the pleasure.
One again, it is set in the grand canyon.  I was surprised to see how big the grand canyon is.
Interestingly, Eagle Rock in the episode 2_12 Alpine Fields of TSCC is in the Grand Canyon.  In 2027 the people inside are killed by a Skynet bio weapon.  In the future, Derek goes inside wearing breathing apparatus.  Inside he meets Jesse and eventually they find Sidney Fields, the only person who has the correct genetic mutation to make her immune to the germs.  They bring her back to base and extract some of her blood, in order to grow (Or whatever they do), the strain and inject it in to everybody else.  Tunnel Rats too I assume.

Does anybody remember the last thing Oscar Wilde said on his deathbed?

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Sunday, 2016 Oct 09, 13:23

Date: Monday, 2016 Oct 10, 13:52 GMT | Message # 461

Site Admin

Whatever Happened To Summer Glau And 7 Other Underrated Actors

Seven: Summer Glau

Summer Glau has the impressive distinction of playing more than one cult sci-fi character, and has appeared in several other popular series of the years. After Terminator SCC, the length and importance of her roles plummeted. That said her performances are compelling and fun to watch.

Source: monkeysfightingrobots.com

Date: Friday, 2016 Oct 14, 01:30 GMT | Message # 462

Friends

# 461 

Nice article, obviously apart from our own badass girl 'Summer Glau'. 
I enjoyed watching the Canadian actress 'Sarah Carter' as Maggie in TNT's Falling Skies, she was a tough cookie.

Date: Friday, 2016 Oct 14, 02:05 GMT | Message # 463

Friends

Obama Lists His Favorite Sci-Fi Works 

As the U.S. Presidential election continues to head into deeper waters of muckraking, the current Commander-in-Chief is offering us a brief reprieve from the all-consuming media madness with an optimistic list - his essential sci-fi viewing. 

Wired asked Barack Obama to name his favorite sci-fi works and with the eight he lists he definitely leans towards optimism and hopefulness in his choices with a love of pure science-fiction like "Star Trek," "2001," "The Martian," along with more fantastical visions like "Star Wars" and "The Matrix". Here's his choices and his explanations why:

01 "2001: A Space Odyssey" because "it captures the grandeur and scale of the unknown."
02 "Blade Runner" because "it asks what it means to be human."
03 "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" because "it is fundamentally optimistic."
04 "Star Wars" because "it was fun and revolutionized special effects."
05 "Star Trek" (original series) because "it uses science fiction to promote a humanist ethnic."
06 "The Martian" because "it shows humans at problem solvers."
07 "The Matrix" because "it asks basic questions about our reality - and looks very cool."
08 "Cosmos" because "it fed my lifelong fascination with space."

What no "Firefly" or "TSCC" Dear me! Mr. Obama you need to have rethink, never mind just teasing. 

Via: Wired

Date: Friday, 2016 Oct 14, 10:40 GMT | Message # 464

Friends

# 463 Oh well rob, that's the way things are in general.

On the subject of Summer, (best place to discuss this subject), did anyone else think she was under-utilised in her appearance in Castle?

Also, on that subject.  I had my own theory about why the series ended.  Personally, I felt that Stana Katic might be thinking that her role in Castle was getting too squidgy.
I think this news article, and well worth viewing video, might suggest I was partly right, but what it says was quite a shock to me.
http://www.nickiswift.com/14819....ent=190

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Friday, 2016 Oct 14, 10:41

Date: Wednesday, 2016 Oct 26, 00:53 GMT | Message # 465

Friends

"Walking Dead" Season 7 Premiere Draws Big Ratings

Seven years in and AMC's "The Walking Dead" can still pull them in.

This past Sunday's seventh season premiere virtually tied the show's Live + Same Day record set in 2014 with approximately 17 million viewers tuning in on the night. That's damn close to the fifth season premiere which nabbed 17.2 million in 2014.

The show, which is already renewed for a eighth season, averaged a 8.4 rating among adults 18-49 - more than double the same-day score of any broadcast scripted series this season.

Viewership was up 16% on last season's premiere and 20% on its finale. The large live tune-in likely means comparatively smaller time-shifting for the episode, which has recouped more and more viewers from DVR, and a drop-off next week.

Producers must be well and truly pleased, so much for the fans turning off.

Via: THR

Lauren Cohan attends the live, 90-minute special edition of 'Talking Dead' at Hollywood Forever on October 23, 2016 in Hollywood, California.

Lauren Cohan attends the live, 90-minute special edition of 'Talking Dead'Lauren Cohan attends the live, 90-minute special edition of 'Talking Dead'

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Page 31 of 32«1229303132»
Search: