Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Ottawa Comiccon 2014
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By robbo

New comments

KevinInEngland on: Fan made TSCC season 3 trailer

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Roboter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

robbo on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

The1Russter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Charley_Dixon on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Fermi on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Admirator on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Lovely shot of Summer and Val's wedding by Joan Allen

New videos

00:44:18

00:03:44

00:04:51

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 3 of 32«123453132»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Submit a News or Article
Date: Friday, 2011 Dec 02, 01:40 GMT | Message # 31

Site Admin

Summer Glau in Scent Of The Missing Pilot

The pilot is slated to begin in late November,

I will also update this news post when we find more info about the show.

We know the dates of filming precisely :
Scent of The Missing shooting info

The TNT Pilot Scent of the Missing will be shoot in December 1, 2011 to December 16, 2011 in Hammond.
If you want to audition for the show please direct resumes to scentofthemissing@gmail.com

Source: artscouncilofneworleans.org

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Dec 06, 23:12 GMT | Message # 32

Site Admin

I will upload the scans from Empire - November 2005, including a six-page article about Serenity and a full page about Summer Glau who is featured in the "Talent" section of the magazine.

Edit : you should consider adding a "Magazine Scans" section to the gallery because there is many more magazine scans to come.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 2011 Dec 06, 23:15

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Dec 06, 23:22 GMT | Message # 33

Site Admin

As usual, my scans are the best of the net in terms of resolution and also quality (or it would be pointless to post them) :

HQ scans :

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Dec 06, 23:32 GMT | Message # 34

Friends

There's a rare mention of her self assertiveness class she took when moving to Hollywood in those scans, that is only the second time I have ever seen it.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Dec 06, 23:42 GMT | Message # 35

Site Admin

Quote (FordStaff)
self assertiveness class she took when moving to Hollywood

Fire the people who are running these classes...

...sorry!

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Dec 06, 23:46 GMT | Message # 36

Site Admin

And it's very surprising (is it ?) that Summer said Whedon it was ok if he recast River for Serenity after she saw River's weight on the movie.
Most actresses would have seen this as a great opportunity to break out in Hollywood.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 2011 Dec 07, 02:40

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Dec 07, 01:31 GMT | Message # 37

Friends

Summer is not an ego maniac, she is the exact opposite. She took assertiveness classes after all, so standing down does not seem out of character not sure how it is surprising - maybe I would not have thought of that ahead of time, but still no surprise. Thank god Joss would not let that slide, Serenity would have been degraded significantly perhaps beyond repair. The only way to even salvage it without Summer as River would be to completely change the focus off of that character. Then it would ignore the most important character development of the entire series, so that would be terrible anyways. Unthinkable really.

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Dec 07, 02:01 GMT | Message # 38

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
And it's very surprising (is it ?) that Summer said Whedon it was ok if he recast River for Serenity after she saw the River's weight on the movie.
Most actresses would have seen this as a great opportunity to break out in Hollywood.

I respect Summer for her unique and fantastic personality.

However I feel that this mentality is the No.1 reason why she isn't Queen of Hollywood right now. Other actresses know how to push forward the hardest they can and they'll even sell their own mother for a good role. While Summer allows Whedon to recast River a role which gave her enough fame to become Sci-fi Queen sad

She is a sensitive and golden hearted girl whose presumably most important goal is self fulfillment in art. But the problem is that Hollywood is not about that at all, its solely about how hard you can crush any resistance in your path to fame. Skill and talent is not ncessary at all.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Fire the people who are running these classes...

...sorry!

I've never believed in these stupid things anyway. Now I know why biggrin

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Dec 07, 02:13 GMT | Message # 39

Friends

It was her first role as a main cast member Blazius, so a little hesitation ought to be understandable from someone like Summer. I doubt she would have imagined being in a movie as her first big role. When you think about it her first major role has to be one of the rockiest and strangest in terms not only of the actual character, but the production of the material when compared to other actor's first major roles. First she actually gets an important role as a beginner, then soon after word the show is cancelled. But by some strange turn of fate the show gets a second chance by way of a movie, and she is going to have to beat the shit out of thirty plus people in very demanding action sequences. It must have been a lot to take in, I do not blame her for not feeling completely game.

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Dec 07, 02:43 GMT | Message # 40

Friends

Quote (FordStaff)
It was her first role as a main cast member Blazius, so a little hesitation ought to be understandable from someone like Summer. I doubt she would have imagined being in a movie as her first big role. When you think about it her first major role has to be one of the rockiest and strangest in terms not only of the actual character, but the production of the material when compared to other actor's first major roles. First she actually gets an important role as a beginner, then soon after word the show is cancelled. But by some strange turn of fate the show gets a second chance by way of a movie, and she is going to have to beat the shit out of thirty plus people in very demanding action sequences. It must have been a lot to take in, I do not blame her for not feeling completely game.

I still doubt that any other actress would be so hesitant about it. They'd rather mess up than not even wanting to try. And remember that Summer retained this sentiment even after the massive fame and the love she got from the fans for her Firefly themed roles and she became more seasoned.

Did you know that she didn't even want to go to the audition for Cameron because she believed she doesn't have the body to portray a Terminator?

Yes, she almost missed another iconic role which also contributed largely on making her that famous and beloved she is now. I wouldn't even know her probably if she missed Cameron!

She said that her loved ones had to constantly urge her to at least try that damn auditioning angry

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Dec 07, 02:47 GMT | Message # 41

Friends

Did you know that she didn't even want to go to the audition for Cameron because she believed she doesn't have the body to portray a Terminator?

Yes, she almost missed another iconic role which also contributed largely on making her that famous and beloved she is now. I wouldn't even know her probably if she missed Cameron!

At least this sentiment makes sense. You have seen the previous Terminators incarnations have you not?

I do not think they were specifically looking for a petite woman, until Summer auditioned or am I mistaken?

I still doubt that any other actress would be so hesitant about it. They'd rather mess up than not even wanting to try. And remember that Summer retained this sentiment even after the massive fame and the love she got from the fans for her Firefly themed roles and she became more seasoned.

As has been known, she is very shy. She is not a typical actor.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 2011 Dec 07, 02:48

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Dec 07, 02:58 GMT | Message # 42

Friends

Quote (FordStaff)
As has been known, she is very shy. She is not a typical actor.

I think I gave voice enough times that how much I admire Summer for her personality.

However lets face it, a personality like hers can be quite a disadvantage in the movie industry.

Hence my basic example with Cameron. She didn't want to try it and she almost passed up a perfect chance to get more fame. It makes no sense to not try it because you can never know. And despite the image you posted Summer became the loveliest cyborg girl of our dreams love

Another actress would have surely tried the auditioning without hesitation and would have get the role especially if the perfect girl for playing Cameron doesn't even want to try it.

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Dec 07, 03:09 GMT | Message # 43

Site Admin

Quote (FordStaff)
I do not think they were specifically looking for a petite woman, until Summer auditioned or am I mistaken?

I read somewhere Josh Friedman wanted to work with Summer on another project but it could not be done; then he wrote Cameron thinking about her.

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Dec 07, 05:21 GMT | Message # 44

Friends

Hence my basic example with Cameron. She didn't want to try it and she almost passed up a perfect chance to get more fame. It makes no sense to not try it because you can never know.

Even the most thick skinned entertainers do not like rejection, no one does. There was a study that revealed that the neural activity during physical pain is very similar to the neural activity during rejection. It hurts throwing yourself out there and not being accepted, yet this is an essential part of the process of getting an acting job. Summer is probably particularly sensitive to this not being the outgoing type, so I can see how she would not want to audition for something she does not think she has a chance at. From your point of view her just trying seems like a no brainer, but when your putting yourself on the line it is a different story. Seeing as how she invests herself into her characters so fiercely it must be difficult.

I read somewhere Josh Friedman wanted to work with Summer on another project but it could not be done; then he wrote Cameron thinking about her.

Perhaps, All I think is that they did not have it in mind at first to have a petite woman as a terminator, so your explanation would work with that. Either way Summer's casting into the role of Cameron was a god send for the show, without her I doubt the Terminator character would have been interesting, and an entire aspect of the story would fall flat.

This is a complete side note, but I still do not understand how T:TSCC failed. On paper it should have been one of the most successful shows of all time, It had everything you could possibly want for success: proven franchise, relatively high profile actor, really good looking actors, action, I mean come on are good shows just not allowed to live on FOX no matter what they have, how could people have not given this a chance? Can someone explain this to me?

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 2011 Dec 07, 05:36

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Dec 07, 06:41 GMT | Message # 45

Friends

Quote (FordStaff)
Even the most thick skinned entertainers do not like rejection, no one does. There was a study that revealed that the neural activity during physical pain is very similar to the neural activity during rejection. It hurts throwing yourself out there and not being accepted, yet this is an essential part of the process of getting an acting job. Summer is probably particularly sensitive to this not being the outgoing type, so I can see how she would not want to audition for something she does not think she has a chance at. From your point of view her just trying seems like a no brainer, but when your putting yourself on the line it is a different story. Seeing as how she invests herself into her characters so fiercely it must be difficult.

You missed my point entirely. From my own POV Summer should get a buttload of Oscars for her every role and she should be crowned as undisputed Queen of Hollywood. Does my POV count? NO !

Whose POV matters? The movie industries. Whats it like from the movie industries POV? That if you are a super ambitious bitch and constantly and agressively push for bigger and better roles, selling your soul to the devil in the process and use your every available connection then you'll get far, if you aren't then you won't.

It involves far more than just "not fearing" to go for a role which is easily in your leauge and you have not much better things to do anyway and your manager and every relative urges you to go.

I absolutely detest this system and I'd change it immediately if I had the means to do so but I can't. My point is what I wanted to make in the "Does Summer want to be an A-lister" thread. Summer has a disadvantage compared to most actors. Its not because she is more faulty. Its the opposite in fact. She is a far better person and actor than anybody else. But in a faulty system it doesn't matter. They don't care about art so a sensitive true actor material has less chance to become succesful since she can't be a super agressive bitch with a skin of a rhinoceros.

So Summer would need to change view about things if she wants to become an A-lister. But as I said earlier if it'd mean losing the sweet and pure Summer we know this isn't worth it at all. I know I'm repeating myself here but I felt that the examples we are discussing are perfectly illustrating the dilemma with Summer and A-lister status.

Quote (FordStaff)
This is a complete side note, but I still do not understand how T:TSCC failed. On paper it should have been one of the most successful shows of all time, It had everything you could possibly want for success: proven franchise, relatively high profile actor, really good looking actors, action, I mean come on are good shows just not allowed to live on FOX no matter what they have, how could people have not given this a chance? Can someone explain this to me?

I guess we'll never figure this out.

Its even more maddening because there are extremely stupid shows which are doing well on the other hand.

I had to abandon Andromeda for example. I watched that because the lack of space opera shows so I decided that I won't care how stupid it is, it must be better than nothing. But I can't watch it anymore because its sooooo damn stupid, its unbelievable. Worst than the Cape, SERIOUSLY. It has no plot, only an incomprehensible mess. The writing is abysmal. The show has every sci-fi cliché you can think of and they don't even conceal it at all( every now and then I couldn't figure out if they are for real or they just want to mock the clichés but it turned out they are SERIOUS), the characters are painfully one dimensional and clichéd themselves.

You should never even think about watching that, your brain will explode!

Yet do you know how many seasons it got? FIVE! Same as Babylon 5, more than Firefly and TSCC together! That shit got five damned seasons!

Does that seem right to you? As Jubal Early would say.

Quote (chrisdvanne)

I read that too. I recall Friedman even mentioning something like this in the Alison from Palmdale commentary. That'd
explain why Cameron is such a fitting role for Summer, often utilizing her advantages from acting superiority to actual looks.

What I don't understand is if this is really the case then why even doing an auditioning for Cam? Why didn't he just call
Summer and say: "Summer Glau? I'm Josh Friedman and I'm making a Terminator spinoff series titled The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Since we couldn't do project X together I thought I'll seize the opportunity so we wrote a character exclusively for you to play, the main Terminator hero actually.Are you in?"

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 2011 Dec 07, 06:43

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Page 3 of 32«123453132»
Search: