[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 26 of 33«1224252627283233»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Submit a News or Article
robboDate: Friday, 17 Jul 2015, 02:07 | Message # 376
Group: Friends
Constantine To Return On "Arrow"?

Four DC comics shows premiered last season - "The Flash" became an instant critical and ratings hit, "Gotham" fared less well with critics but performed solidly in numbers, and "iZombie" got good word of mouth but only a small audience. 

The one notably misfire was "Constantine". Despite a well cast Matt Ryan in the show, the series floundered and was cancelled by NBC after thirteen episodes. The producers of The CW's "Arrow" have made no secret about their love of the character and Matt Ryan's work on the show, so much so that it looks like at least the character and maybe even the actor could return to the screen. 

Speaking with IGN recently, "Arrow" executive producer Wendy Mericle was asked about John Constantine appearing in Starling City: "Yeah, we really want to do it. It's something we've been talking to DC about and it's just a question of some political things, but also the actor's schedule. We're trying to work it out, but we don't know 100 percent if it's going to happen - but we're really optimistic and we would love to have him."

Though "Arrow" started off very grounded, with the introduction of "The Flash" it brought in superhero elements. The latter stages of the third season and much of the fourth are now bringing mysticism into this small screen DC shared universe - perfect timing for Constantine to make an appearance. 

My TV schedule was pretty busy this past season so I gave up on it after a few episodes. I sort of lost interest, but my gut feeling Arrow has a good team to get behind it and swoop in to save the day for John Constantine!

Via: IGN

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 17 Jul 2015, 08:06 | Message # 377
Group: Administrators
Ref #377
Well, crossovers (see the recent announce of a 'Sleepy Hollow' and 'Bones' Crossover on Fox) and strong connections between the Movie and TV universe are trending (but not on the DC verse), so why not?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Saturday, 18 Jul 2015, 01:22 | Message # 378
# 378  Yes indeed why not?  I'm all for it the crossover between the character of Constantine jumping into bed with the Arrow team it's about time the DC verse bang their heads together and come up with a cunning plan of making this happen.
'Bones and Sleepy Hollow' is one of the strangest pairings for a TV crossover event, might be a bit wacky!
I'd be more worried about getting Sleepy Hollow back on track and maybe then crossing it over with a past its prime dog like Bones!

robboDate: Saturday, 18 Jul 2015, 01:48 | Message # 379
Munn Had To Be Lubed Into X-Men Costume

Olivia Munn had to be lubed into her X-Men costume: "I popped the crotch"

Playing a superhero is generally a pretty cool gig for an actor, but spare a thought for Olivia Munn who requires help from two costume assistants to squeeze into her skin-tight Psylocke gear.

"They lubricate the costume and they lubricate me - two woman lube me up, "Munn revealed on Conan when quizzed about her X-Men: Apocalypse role.

The Newsroom star added that she even suffered a wardrobe malfunction on her first day in front of co-stars Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy.

"The first day I put on the latex suit and I was really excited to be with these guys, I met Michael and James and everybody and I was just so excited, "she revealed.

"I wanted to do a really good job and I just popped the crotch, the latex just broke."

Munn's character Psylocke, aka Betsy Braddock, is a long-standing X-Men member with telepathic and telekinetic powers and a backstory even more convoluted than the average.

Poor Olivia, wish I had been a fly on the wall, cough!!!

X-Men: Apocalypse will debut in cinemas in May 2016.

Via: DigitalSpy

Jennifer Lawrence, Sophie Turner, Alexandra Shipp, Lana Condor, and Olivia Munn of 'X-Men: Apocalypse' attend the 20th Century FOX panel during Comic-Con International 2015 at the San Diego Convention Center on July 11, 2015 in San Diego, California.
(Photo by Albert L. Ortega/Getty Images)

Comic-Con International 2015 - 20th Century FOX PanelComic-Con International 2015 - 20th Century FOX Panel

robboDate: Tuesday, 21 Jul 2015, 02:54 | Message # 380
10 Movies You Didn't Know Are Becoming TV Shows

1. The Truman Show

Is it a good Idea? 

The ultimate meta-show? Go for it! Just make sure to find somebody who can pull off both hilarious and emotional as well as Jim Carrey did in the original film (no easy task, come to think of it). 

2. Monster-In-Law 

Is it a good Idea?

The movie version was real bad, so what hope does this unnecessary TV version have? Then again, no J-Lo this time around. 

3. Marley & Me 

Is it a good Idea?

Rumour has it that this is going to be shot as traditional, single-camera sitcom. So, no, It's not a great idea. Also: the human race can't take anymore dog death!

4. Resident Evil 

Is it a good Idea?

The Walking Dead - an admittedly good show - can barely sustain itself for long stretches, so it doesn't bode well for this. Unless they just play it super cheesy like the games instead?

5. Shutter Island

Is it a good Idea?

All in all, it sounds like a recipe for success, doesn't it? Nobody knows the material like Lehane, and HBO are in the business of making great television. Expect this to be pretty good, actually. 

6. Fatal Attraction

Is it a good Idea?

Rendered in a non-cheesy way, absolutely. Especially if the people behind Mad Men are put at the helm. Why the hell not?

7. Ghost 

Is it a good Idea?

Done right, this could be a good little show with a lot of potential. Done badly, and it could wind up as the worst television series ever made. With odds like that, who wouldn't want to take the risk? Um. 

8. To Live And Die In L.A. 

Is it a good Idea?

The film isn't the best known, so it's not really a case of destroying a classic legacy. Fingers crossed this lives up to its potential, because it has a lot of it. Gritty and realistic seems like the best bet. 

9. The Mist

Is it a good Idea?

There's no reason why this couldn't work as something similar to that of The Walking Dead, especially with Darabont writing or producing. As long as it does reprise the beats of the motion picture exactly, of course, and opts to be something else. 

10. The Beach

Is it a good Idea?

There's no harm in trying, and the premise - a bunch of people try to build a new society on a tropical island - seems ripe for the television format. Kind of like a less confusing Lost. 

Sometimes it works, of course, just like Fargo with a storm a-list talent, complex storytelling, humor, jarring violence, and blizzard-worthy amounts of snow, great show. 

Via: WC

robboDate: Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015, 03:20 | Message # 381
Will We Get More "Sense8,"

With the Netflix TCA Summer Tour this morning, the producers of the streaming service's various shows have offered updates on where they're going next.

"Sense8" executive producer J. Michael Straczynski has revealed that his and the Wachowski's sci-fi series has yet to receive a second season renewal: "We're still awaiting word [about season two], and we're cautiously optimistic, but it's Netflix's call,"

He was also asked about a long-term plan for the intricate plots in the series? "The way that the Wachowskis and I tend to work - we created the show together and we are running the show together - we are long-thinking people. We look down the road and we say to ourselves, "Where is this going to go?' Season one is like an origin story and season two has some particular arc and we figure it out from there. But to spoil that here would not be the best interest of the surprise at the end."

'I liked Sense8, though it did take a few episodes to get rolling. and then suddenly I enjoyed the show immensely, worth a season two.

Via: Variety

Jamie Clayton at the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards at Westin Bonaventure Hotel Los Angeles, California - 21.04.12
Credit: Nikki Nelson

Jamie Clayton at the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media AwardsJamie Clayton at the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media AwardsJamie Clayton at the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards

robboDate: Tuesday, 04 Aug 2015, 02:41 | Message # 382
Paramount To Do A Ronda Rousey Biopic

Just days after flattening her most recent opponent in 34 seconds in Brazil, UFC fighter Ronda Rousey is continuing her push into film with a new and more personal project.

Paramount Pictures has secured the rights to Rousey's New York Times best-selling autobiography "My Fight/Your Fight" with Rousey attached to star as herself. Mark Bomback ("Dawn of the Planet of the Apes," "The Wolverine") will adapt the script while Rousey and Mary Parent are producing.

Ronda and her sister Maria Burns Ortiz penned the inspirational story about the fighter who was faced with extraordinary challenges on her path to glory. As the adaptation has only just begun this is expected to be some time away.

Rousey is expected to fight one more time before the end of the year and will then shoot the Pete Berg-directed action thriller "Mile 22" in January. Rousey has made a name for herself in recent years effectively balancing a film career with parts in "Furious 7," "The Expendables 3" and the "Entourage" movie along with staying in top fighting shape.

I like Ronda Rousey a lot, a biopic about her maybe a bit too soon? Rousey is only 28 years-old. She's got charisma, and we know without a shadow of a doubt she'll do her own training/fighting stunts.

Via: Variety

UFC Strawweight Champion Ronda Rousey of the United States steps onto the scale during the UFC 190 Rousey v Correia weigh-in at HSBC Arena on July 31, 2015 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Ronda Rousey of the United States steps onto the scaleRonda Rousey of the United States steps onto the scaleRonda Rousey of the United States steps onto the scale

robboDate: Thursday, 13 Aug 2015, 01:28 | Message # 383
9 Reasons We Want To Get Drunk With Camille O'Connell

It's time to raise a glass to Camille O'Connell.

As played by Leah Pipes, this Originals character is not a werewolf or a vampire. She isn't a witch or a hybrid.

She's simply a beautiful young woman who has found a way to get through the Klaus and who continues to fly under the New Orleans radar.

But not any longer! Here are nine reasons why we'd love to share a drink with the lovely Cami. Heck, make that two drinks!

1. She loves bourbon!

And she may even drink you under the table. You can keep your Boone's farm, other woman. We want someone who goes straight to the hard stuff.

2. She isn't afraid of Klaus

Push her away all you want, you moody Hybrid, you. But Cami refuses to cower in your presence.

3. She's self-aware

Yes, Cami can be self-destructive. But she knows it! The psychology student's self-awareness helps her stay somewhat sane in the crazy world of The Originals.

4. She slept with Marcel

And after a few drinks, ladies, she'll probably tell you all about it.

5. She brought out the soft side of Klaus

Did you ever think you'd hear Klaus Mikaelson utter these words? "You know, I prefer to see it the other way. If it wasn't that night, this bar, that $100 dollar bill, it would have been Jackson Square, staring at a painting. Or Frenchmen Street, listening to jazz, I would have found you. Thank you --- for the drink,"

6. She's funny!

And sarcastic! "I'm in a crap mood because my uncle just died and people are partying like it's Mardi Gras," she once told Klaus, later finding the humor after being bitten by Hayley: "I always thought having a women's mouth on my neck would be more erotic."

7. She's a loyal friend

Isn't that right, Davina?

8. She's tough

Her brother went crazy and killed himself due to a hex, Her uncle, pretty much the same thing. But Cami is still here, not backing down from any fights.

9. She's beautiful

We don't mean to be superficial. But it's true, Seems worthwhile to note.

I like Leah Pipes as the character Cami, she's wise, brave and perfect queen for king Klaus.

Via: TVFanatic

Leah Pipes poses in the press room during the 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival at MGM Grand Garden Arena on September 20, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Leah Pipes poses in the press room during the 2014 iHeartRadio Music FestivalLeah Pipes poses in the press room during the 2014 iHeartRadio Music FestivalLeah Pipes poses in the press room during the 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 13 Aug 2015, 08:24 | Message # 384
Quote robbo ()
Paramount To Do A Ronda Rousey Biopic

I wonder if the movie will last 30 seconds like most her Rousey's fights wink

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 13 Aug 2015, 08:52 | Message # 385
Quote robbo ()
As played by Leah Pipes, this Originals character is not a werewolf or a vampire. She isn't a witch or a hybrid.

Leah Pipes has changed so much from her Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles years. I can hardly recognize her.

Leah Pipes in TSCC 2.04 'Allison from Palmdale' Episode StillsLeah Pipes in TSCC 2.04 'Allison from Palmdale' Episode StillsCromartie and Jody in TSCCSummer Glau and Leah Pipes in TSCC 2.04 'Allison from Palmdale'

robboDate: Friday, 14 Aug 2015, 01:57 | Message # 386
# 385 Nice One!   wink I watched her most recent fight I couldn't believe it, well I could. 
'She knocked her into the middle of next week' what a babe!  love

robboDate: Friday, 14 Aug 2015, 02:34 | Message # 387
# 386 She certainly has changed beyond all recognition from the pictures of then and now. Crazy how the years have passed for the youngsters of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. 

Mackenzie Brooke Smith, Bailee Madison, Billy Unger and even Leven Rambin was a teenager at the time. They have all matured from the days of TSCC.

robboDate: Sunday, 16 Aug 2015, 02:46 | Message # 388
Performer Of The Week: Humans' Gemma Chan 

The Performer: Gemma Chan

The Show: Humans 

The Episode: "Episode 1.7" (August 9, 2015)

The Performance:

There's a dazzling degree of difficulty - and an impressive level of nuance - to Gemma Chan's work on Humans. All season long, the actress has played "Anita," a synthetic servant/lifelike appliance who - unbeknownst to the Hawkins family that purchased her - was originally built with code allowing her to experience genuine human emotion. The "recycled" Anita, as it turns out, was "born" as Mia, but tampered with in a way that made her override those sentient impulses. In Episode 7, though, Mia fully emerged from her computer-generated prison, and the end result was stirring, eerie and quite funny - sometimes all at once.

As Mia stressed over the whereabouts of her at-risk synthetic family, Chan brilliantly balanced her character's motherly instincts with her internal motherboard: After wrapping her former master Laura in a hug and cutting to the heart of the harried woman's problems - "You only doubt [your family's love] because your own mother couldn't love you, "she declared with palpable warmth - Chan cocked her ear and let out a robotic warning of possible danger: "Car just pulled up outside."

Chan also allowed us to see past Mia's placid, mechanical exterior when Laura's husband Joe - who'd downloaded "adults-only" software into her system and had sex with her as Anita in a prior episode - returned to the Hawkins home under a cloud of distrust. Chan's work even in the background of these domestic scenes - casting furtive glances at Joe. assessing the mood of her host family - let us experience Mia's deep discomfort in the presence of the man who'd violated her, and also the need to somehow repair the damage he'd done to his marriage while under the impression she was only a machine. As Mia reintroduced herself to Joe, Chan's voice was as flat as an iPhone Siri, but her piercing look told us she was trying to educate the man (and give him a slight taste of rebuke). "No we haven't," she declared, after Joe tried to avoid her handshake and say they'd already met. "My name is Mia. I'm a conscious synthetic created by David Elster. I can think and feel just like you." 

Chan had other great scenes in the hour, too: running a makeshift surgery suite on the Hawkin's dining room table as the humans and synths tried to save the badly damaged Max, revealing to Joe she'd been "there the whole time" during his tryst with "Anita", and proving, too, that synths have a sense of humor.

"Why are they so scared of you?" Laura asked Mia about the authorities hunting her and her kind. "I think it's our plan to conquer the planet and make humanity your slaves,"the synth shot back with utter seriousness. "Sorry. That was a joke. "Yep, Mia can do deadpan - and thanks to Chan's exceptional work, she can do so much more as well. 

Gemma and her performance was out of the top drawer! Great actress. 

Via: TVLine

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 20 Aug 2015, 13:03 | Message # 389
Sad to lean that Yvonne Craig, who played librarian Barbara Gordon by day and caped crusader Batgirl by night, has passed away at 78.

Yvonne Craig as Batgirl in the 1960s series BatmanYvonne Craig as Batgirl in the 1960s series BatmanYvonne Craig as Batgirl in the 1960s series Batman

As a trained ballet dancer, Craig did her own stunts, much like Summer Glau, pictured wearing a Batgirl Motorcycle T-shirt at at WonderCon 2009.

Summer Glau, pictured wearing a Batgirl Motorcycle T-shirt at at WonderCon 2009

robboDate: Tuesday, 25 Aug 2015, 01:29 | Message # 390
Ratings: Fear The Walking Dead Runs Off With Record Opening 

Fear the Walking Dead scared up some impressive numbers in its Sunday debut, drawing 10.1 million to rank as the No. 1 series premiere in cable history.

Among adults 18-49, the 90-minute kickoff scored a 4.7 rating, also a record. 

The Walking Dead's own October 31, 2010 launch drew 5.3 million total viewers (making it AMC's most watched series premiere at the time) and a 2.7 demo rating. At last count, TWD was drawing 15.8 million and an 8.2, with its Season 5 finale. 

Fun fact: TWD's most recent season opener had 10.1 million viewers -- just in the 18-to-49 demo. 

The previous cable record was set earlier this year by AMC's Better Call Saul, which debuted with 6.9 million viewers (but had the benefit of an original Walking Dead as a lead-in). 

Via: TVLine

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Page 26 of 33«1224252627283233»
Search: