menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Submit a News or Article
robboDate: Thursday, 12 Feb 2015, 03:34 | Message # 346
Group: Friends
# 346  Me neither mate I'm not really all that concerned with the music industry so I think on my behalf I would after say It was a meaningless post my apologies Chris.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 12 Feb 2015, 09:35 | Message # 347
Group: Administrators
Ref # 347
Sorry If I was not clear. What I meant is that I'm not interested that much in celebrity squabbling (even if I click on a juicy title like anyone else) but I couldn't help tweeting about it when I saw the tidbit on my Twitter timeline. That was BEFORE you mentioned it here and I was glad when I saw we were on the same page smile

I even send another tweet, this one:

The music, movie or TV show industry is one and the same. If I find a good angle or an interesting story (even better if is connected to the Summer Glau verse like this one with Shirley Manson), then I don't see why we cound't talk about it here.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Monday, 16 Feb 2015, 02:25 | Message # 348
# 348  Yes Indeed!  I wonder if Shirley Manson has this on her wall at her "gaff" It's absolutely priceless.
We're definitely on the same page mate.  smile

robboDate: Monday, 16 Feb 2015, 03:02 | Message # 349
"Fifty Shades" Opens To $249M Globally

Opening all over the world this weekend, the erotic drama "Fifty Shades of Grey" scored a jaw-dropping debut on both the domestic and global stage.

The $40 million-budget film pulled in $81.7 million from Friday to Sunday in the United States, easily trumping the previous President's Day holiday weekend record-holder "Valentine's Day" which made $56.3 million in 2010. It is now on track to do more than $90 million over the four-day holiday.

Overseas the figures were even more impressive with the film taking in an additional $158 million from 58 markets, the second best day-and-date opening for a Universal film behind only "Fast & Furious 6". Indeed, the $248.7 million global total of the film's opening is an amount that even major studio tentpoles would envy scoring.

However, the film's drop-off next weekend is expected to be steep. Not only were the critical reviews on the poor side, the audience voted CinemaScore grade was a C+ which indicates the word of mouth will not be good.

Meanwhile Matthew Vaughn's comedic spy thriller "Kingsman: The Secret Service" fared better than expected, opening to $35.6 million and heading towards a $41 million haul over the four-day holiday. It took second place.

Last weekend's winner "The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water" came in third with a still impressive $30.5 million and should pass the $100 million mark by the end of the holiday.

Also of note was "American Sniper" passing the $300 million mark, and "Big Hero 6" became the third highest grossing Disney Animation release behind only "Frozen" and "The Lion King".

Via: Variety
Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson attend the UK Premiere of 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' at Odeon Leicester Square on February 12, 2015 in London, England.

Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson attend the UK Premiere of 'Fifty Shades Of Grey'Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson attend the UK Premiere of 'Fifty Shades Of Grey'

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 24 Feb 2015, 11:52 | Message # 350
Top 12 really creepy ballet moments in film and TV.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and The Cabin in the Woods all feature on this Den of Geek list.

Summer Glau in Angel's Waiting In The Wings

4. Angel, Waiting In The Wings

The set-up: Angel has tickets to the ballet, but realises he’s seen the same troupe perform the same ballet before. Fred thinks it’s impossible that this is same troupe he saw in 1990, and when corrected – it was 1890 – is forced to acknowledge that’s even more impossible.

Ballet: Giselle.

Spook factor: Giselle is about a group of ghostly women, including spurned lover Giselle herself, who dance men to death, so most of the scenes we see from that ballet are fairly spooky anyway. Once we start seeing dancers disappear as they exit into the wings or emerge from nothing onto the stage and Summer Glau’s ballerina explains that she has been trapped, not dancing, but echoing the same performance, for a century, the spook factor goes up way past eleven.

Not suitable for little girls: The story of the ballerina, her lover and her controlling director, ripped straight from The Red Shoes, is spooky without being too gory or unpleasant. Angel and Cordelia’s experience while possessed by the ballerina and her lover, Stefan, on the other hand, is definitely written with grown-ups in mind.

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 28 Feb 2015, 00:23 | Message # 351
Leonard Nimoy, best known for playing the character Spock in the Star Trek television shows and films, died at 83.

Our condolences to his family, friends and fans, and we will treasure the art he left behind. Thank you, Leonard Nimoy. Live Long and Prosper.

robboDate: Sunday, 01 Mar 2015, 04:28 | Message # 352
# 352  Love and peace to Leonard Nimoy, the heart and soul of Star Trek. 
I hope they do a memorial to him next year at the 50th anniversary Star Trek conventions. 
RIP and my well wishes to his family.

robboDate: Thursday, 05 Mar 2015, 03:13 | Message # 353
10 Fun Facts About The Cast Of 'Grimm'

1. David Giuntoli (Nick Burkhardt) is a smarty pants:
In 2002, before he became an actor, Giuntoli got a degree in International Business and Finance from Indiana University (Bloomington).

2. Bitsie Tulloch (Juliette Silverton) isn't her real name:
Her real name is Elizabeth Tulloch. The name Bitsie is an homage to her grandmother, whom she was extremely close to.

3. Silas Weir Mitchell (Monroe) has a famous ancestor:
Mitchell was actually named after his late ancestor of the same name, who was a 19th-century American physician and author.

4. Tulloch is a Harvard grad:
Tulloch graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University with a double major: English and American Literature, and Visual and Environmental Studies. Impressive! Side note: Reggie Lee (Sgt. Wu) was accepted to Harvard, but moved to Los Angeles to pursue acting.

5. Bree Turner (Rosalee Calvert) is a dancing queen:
Turner is a trained dancer and was actually a backup dancer in multiple films: The Big Lebowski, She's All That, Bring It On, and Joe Dirt, just to name a few.

6. Giuntoli is an animal lover:
While on a 2012 trip to Kenya during a Grimm filming break, Giuntoli visited an elephant orphanage and ended up adopting one!

7. Sasha Roiz (Sean Renard) is trilingual:
Roiz, born in Tel Aviv Israel, can fluently speak three languages: English, French, and Russian.

8. Giuntoli was an MTV reality show contestant:
Yes, you read that correctly. Some fans may not know that Giuntoli got his first job in the entertainment industry on Road Rules: South Pacific (2003). He later participated in Real World/Road Rules Challenge and won.

9. Tulloch didn't grow up in the U.S.:
Although Tulloch is an American, she grew up overseas in Spain, Uruguay, and Argentina. She also speaks Spanish fluently.

10. Turner loves video games:
Turner spoke with MTV Geek about her love for Nintendo, and her past addiction to Super Mario Brothers, Contra, Duck Hunt, and Zelda.

Grimm returns to NBC on Friday, March 20, at 8/7C.

Via: EW

David Giuntoli and Bitsie Tulloch attend Entertainment Weekly's annual Comic-Con celebration at Float at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California. (Photo by C Flanigan/Getty Images)

David Giuntoli and Bitsie Tulloch attend Entertainment Weekly's annual Comic-Con celebrationDavid Giuntoli and Bitsie Tulloch attend Entertainment Weekly's annual Comic-Con celebrationDavid Giuntoli and Bitsie Tulloch attend Entertainment Weekly's annual Comic-Con celebration

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 05 Mar 2015, 09:29 | Message # 354
Quote robbo ()
Roiz, born in Tel Aviv Israel, can fluently speak three languages: English, French, and Russian.

I think we can add Hebrew to the list, according to his IMDb profile.

robboDate: Friday, 06 Mar 2015, 03:50 | Message # 355
17 Extra Special Guests Who Appeared On The Big Bang Theory

One of the things that makes The Big Bang Theory such a fun show is its occasional special guest appearance.

There have been several memorable cameos throughout the show's eight seasons, including famous scientists and beloved actors.

Some have appeared to play other characters, but the moments we love most are the ones where the gang completely geeks out over an actor or has an inappropriate response to a renowned scientist.

So, here they are: our list of 17 special guests who appeared as themselves and had some interesting interactions with Sheldon, Leonard, and the rest of the group.

Yes, many of these come from Star Trek, but you're not surprised about that, are you? Rest in peace, Leonard Nimoy.

1. Leonard Nimoy.
We begin with the recently deceased cultural icon, Leonard Nimoy. In Season 5, the Star Trek star acted as the voice of Sheldon's rather opinionated Mr. Spock action figure.

2. Summer Glau.
In Season 2, Leonard, Howard, and Raj spot Summer Glau (Firefly, Serenity,Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles) on a train, and promptly all make fools of themselves.

3. Charlie Sheen.
Charlie Sheen makes an appearance in Season 2, when he and Raj have a brief encounter at The Cheesecake Factory.

4. Stan Lee.
In Season 3, Sheldon manages to get a restraining order against him by Stan Lee.

5. Wil Wheaton.
Best known for his role on Star Trek: The Next Generation, Wil Wheaton has made more than a few appearances, most of which involve him antagonizing Sheldon. He made his first appearance in Season 3.

6. Neil Degrasse Tyson.
Neil Degrasse Tyson, astrophysicist and host of the show, Cosmos, appeared in Season 4.

7. Katee Sackhoff.
Best known for her role on Battlestar Galactica, Katee Sackhoff appears in Howard's fantasies in Season 3.

8. George Takei.
Star Trek's George Takei appears in Season 3. In a fantasy that begins with aforementioned actress, Katee Sackhoff, George Takei makes an accidental appearance (along with Bernadette).

9. LeVar Burton.
Star Trek: The Next Generation's LeVar Burton is also known for hosting "Reading Rainbow." He has made a few appearances, the first of which was in Season 4. He's even taking part in "Fun with Flags."

10. Stephen Hawking.
Scientist Stephen Hawking has appeared a few times, but Sheldon first had the chance to meet his idol in Season 5.

11. Brent Spiner.
Best known for his role on Star Trek: The Next Generation, Brent Spiner appears in Season 5 long enough to ruin Sheldon's action figure.

12. Buzz Aldrin.
Astronaut Buzz Aldrin appears in Season 6, giving out Halloween Candy and bragging about walking on the moon.

13. Howie Mandell.
In Season 6, Howie Mandell steals Howard's spotlight when he returns from space.

14. Bill Nye.
Bill Nye appeared in Season 7 as a rival to "Professor Proton," who was played by another special guest, Bob Newhart.

15. James Earl Jones.
In Season 7, Sheldon gets to hang out with James Earl Jones. Included in their activities are ice cream, a ferris wheel ride, Karaoke, and even playing a prank. Which brings me to.

16. Carrie Fisher.
Also appearing in Season 7, Carrie Fisher is the victim (and that's a strong word) of a prank by Sheldon and James Earl Jones.

17. Nathan Fillion.
In Season 8, Raj and Leonard try to decide if the man they run into in a deli is actually Firefly's Nathan Fillion. Of course, you might also recognize Fillion from a hit show called Castle.

Via: TVFanatic

The cast of The Big Bang Theory at the 2015 Peoples Choice Awards

robboDate: Monday, 09 Mar 2015, 04:15 | Message # 356
"Chappie" Disappoints At Weekend Box-Office

Both Neill Blomkamp's sci-fi tale "Chappie" and the Vince Vaughn-led comedy "Unfinished Business" underwhelmed at the U.S. box-office this weekend. 

"Chappie" took the top spot but opened with poor reviews and a weak $13.3 million, which was under the $15-20 million estimates that were being suggested last week. Sony's distribution chief has put the blame on fatigue from a glut of R-rated movies in cinemas. With a budget of just $49 million though, It'll likely make its money back from global markets. 

Meanwhile the business trip comedy "Unfinished Business" opened to just $4.8 million, making it the lowest debut of Vaughn's career and yet the latest in a list of flops for the actor in the past few years. 

One decent performer though was "The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel". Made for a very economical $10 million, the comedy sequel pulled in $8.6 million in its debut. 

Returning titles included "Focus" in second with $10 million, whilst "Kingsman: The Secret Service" and "Fifty Shades of Grey" added $8.3 million and $5.6 million respectively.

After such a robust start to the year , this weekend proved a real fizzer with overall ticket sales down roughly 35% from a year ago.

I'm still looking forward to watching Chappie when I get the chance to watch the film.

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 09 Mar 2015, 10:53 | Message # 357

robboDate: Friday, 13 Mar 2015, 03:19 | Message # 358
'Back To The Future' Documentary Nears $50,000 Crowd-funding Goal

Fans have raised 90% of the $50,000 crowd-funding goal to complete "Back In Time," a documentary about "Back to the Future," in three days on Kickstarter.

It's the second go-round at tapping fans. The documentary received $45,000 from Kickstarter in 2013, touting the film as being told from the viewpoint of the DeLorean Time Machine.

"Put simply, it's the ultimate documentary related to the Back to the Future trilogy," said filmmaker Jason Aron. "It's a film that digs deep into what these movies have meant to our culture. It's not a simple 'making of documentary, but rather one which explores the incredible, lasting resonance of the trilogy through the eyes of cast members and crew of the films, as well as some of the ultimate fans of the trilogy. Plus, the DeLorean Time Machine itself, of course."

The film includes commentary from Robert Zemeckis, Michael J. Fox, Bob Gale, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Dean Cundey, Alan Silvestri, Claudia Wells, James Tolkan, Donald Fullilove, Jeffrey Weissman, Kevin Pike, Michael Scheffe and Andrew Probert. It also includes Michael J. Fox Foundation fundraisers Terry and Oliver Holler, time machine/restoration expert Joe Walser, author and historian Rob Klein and hoverboard entrepreneurs Jill and Gregg Henderson.

Back To The Future

Back To The Future Back To The Future Back To The Future Back To The Future

robboDate: Monday, 16 Mar 2015, 03:30 | Message # 359
"Cinderella" Shines, "Run" Flops At Box-Office

Disney's live-action "Cinderella" adaptation had a massive launch this weekend, the fantasy tale pulling in $70.1 million at the domestic box-office and a whopping $132 million globally.

With a more cost-effective budget $95 million, a fraction of the cost of Disney's other live-action fairy tales like "Alice in Wonderland" and "Maleficent," the film will likely prove to be even more profitable.

The success of "Cinderella" sucked the life out of some other films, including Liam Neeson's new action movie "Run All Night" which underwhelmed with $11 million - decidedly under early estimates of around $15 million.

"Kingsman: The Secret Service" continues holding well, pushing past $100 million domestic and taking third place.

In limited release, horror tale "It Follows" scored not just stunning reviews but a per-screen average $40,863 from four locations. It hits VOD in two weeks which may take the wind out of those sails later.

Not faring anywhere near as well was the Adam Sandler comedy "The Cobbler" which made just $21,00 from 17 screens.

(EDITORS NOTE: Image was converted to black and white.) TV personality Mario Lopez , his daughter Gia and actress Lily James attend the premiere of Disney's 'Cinderella' at the El Capitan Theatre on March 1, 2015 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

TV personality Mario Lopez , his daughter Gia and actress Lily James attend the premiere of Disney's 'Cinderella'Lily James attends the premiere of Disney's 'Cinderella'Lily James attends the premiere of Disney's 'Cinderella'

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 25 Mar 2015, 00:08 | Message # 360
Listen to Supergirl Radio's new episode where they cover Superman/Batman: Apocalypse starring Summer Glau as Supergirl!

This week on Supergirl Radio, your hosts Teresa Jusino and Rebecca Johnson cover news about CBS’ Supergirl TV series (including more casting news!), and are joined by Michael Bailey of the From Crisis to Crisis Superman podcast to discuss the DC animated film Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, starring Summer Glau as Supergirl! Join in on the fun as the gang at Supergirl Radio prepare for CBS’ Supergirl, starring Melissa Benoist!

Link to podcast: SUPERGIRL RADIO – Ep 7 – Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Search: