[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 21 of 33«1219202122233233»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Submit a News or Article
robboDate: Thursday, 13 Nov 2014, 03:59 | Message # 301
Group: Friends
This Actor Actually Trains Like A Superhero - And He's Freaking Impressive!

Stephen Amell, star of the CW's hit TV show Arrow, runs, soars, climbs, and flips his way through the gym.

Actors playing superheroes are fit. In order to wear those unforgiving costumes, they have to be. But thanks to digital effects and stunt men, they can concentrate more on their acting chops than trying to attain their character's super-human strengths.

Then there's Stephen Amell, star of the CW's hit TV show Arrow. The guy moves like a superhero on screen and offscreen. Watching him train, you might believe he really is the hooded vigilante who leaps on and off moving semi-trailer trucks and scales tall sections of scaffolding in the show's fictional crime-ridden city. He soars, dives, climbs, flips, and runs his way through the gym. And like Arrow, Amell makes it look easy.

"He's a fitness freak," says BJ Gaddour, C.S.C.S., a Men's Health fitness advisor. "He has cat-like reflexes, complete mastery of his own body weight, and a high level of conditioning that allow him to flow seamlessly between different movement skills. To do what he's doing takes world-class athleticism."

Via: MensHealth

robboDate: Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014, 04:37 | Message # 302
Could "The Running Man" Be Revived?

Next year we'll see Arnold Schwarzenegger returning to the role that made him famous, the Terminator. Yet it isn't the only role the actor and former governor is planning to return to as follow-ups to both the comedy "Twins" and his two "Conan the Barbarian" movies are in the works.

Surprisingly though, Schwarzenegger revealed at a Q&A in England this past weekend that another films of his may be getting a revisit - 1987's "The Running Man". Talking with Digital Spy about his return to the "Terminator" franchise, he said:

"It's an honor to be asked back after all these years, back to the franchise. This is really wild --- They're doing a Twins sequel, to be called "Triplets" Iv'e read the first draft. There's rumblings of a new "Running Man" movie, so it's a great honor to be asked back ---- [Getting in shape for these sequels] comes back to bodybuilding, I'm used to doing cardiovascular training every day. Therefore I'm still in good shape, and I can do the action and have the energy to do these movies."

The original film, an adaptation of the Stephen King novel, was a dystopian sci-fi action thriller which also sent up reality TV. Set in a totalitarian state, Schwarzenegger played a police pilot framed for a massacre and forced to participate in a popular game show in which he must escape death at the hands of professional killers.

If a follow-up were to go in to production in the next few years, it would be released around the time that the events in the original film were set.

Via: DigitalSpy

Arnold Schwarzenegger on set of the movie 'The Running Man' in 1987.

Arnold Schwarzenegger on set of the movie 'The Running Man' in 1987Arnold Schwarzenegger on set of the movie 'The Running Man' in 1987Arnold Schwarzenegger on set of the movie 'The Running Man' in 1987Arnold Schwarzenegger on set of the movie 'The Running Man' in 1987

robboDate: Thursday, 20 Nov 2014, 04:25 | Message # 303
Actors Sought For Young Jean Grey, Cyclops

Chloe Moretz, Hailee Steinfeld, Elle Fanning, Ben Hardy, Charlie Rowe and Timothee Chalamet are all reportedly under consideration for two key roles in Bryan Singer's upcoming "X-Men: Apocalypse" at 20th Century Fox. The two roles are that of the younger incarnations of Jean Grey and Cyclops in the 1980's set project. 

Moretz and Fanning have reportedly met with Singer in recent weeks for the young Jean Grey, but official test offers for the role have not been made yet. Singer seems to be going with an established name for Jean as the role is expected to recur in future X-Men movies. 

The trio of guys trying out for cyclops aren't as well known though. Hardy is a UK soap star, Rowe is a regular on Fox's "Red Band Society." and Chalamet just had a role in "Interstellar".

A younger version of Storm is also expected to appear in the film, but no word yet as to whom will be cast. Production is slated to begin this spring ahead of a May 27th 2016 release. 

Via: The Wrap

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 20 Nov 2014, 12:08 | Message # 304
Group: Administrators
Enter Team Starstruck! These five superheroes of social media are harnessing their star power to promote worthy causes.

Enter Team Starstruck! These five superheroes of social media are harnessing their star power to promote worthy causes.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Monday, 24 Nov 2014, 05:42 | Message # 305
Cowardly Lion Costume Goes Up For Auction

One of the original Cowardly Lion costumes worn by Bert Lahr in the 1939 Wizard of Oz film is going up for auction on Monday. The costume will be auctioned by Bonhams and has been authenticated as one worn in the film. A secondary costume from the film went for close to $1 million in auction earlier this year.

The costume is currently owned by James Comisar who has a lot of Hollywood memorabilia including stuff from I Love Lucy and Lost. He plans to use the money from the Cowardly Lion costume sale to exhibit the rest of his collection.

On a side-note as we all remember, 'The Wizard of Oz' was mentioned in TSCC in the episode 'Goodbye To All That' (2008) differences between the movie and book are discussed. Sarah and little Marty start reading the 'The Wizard of Oz'.

Source: THR

Bert Lahr as the Cowardly Lion in a scene from the film 'The Wizard Of Oz', 1939.Ray Bolger (1904-1987), US actor, Jack Haley (1897-1979), US actor, Judy Garland (1922-1969), US actress and singer, and Bert Lahr (1895-1967), US actor and comedian, all in costume as they dance along the yellow brick road in a publicity still from the film, 'The Wizard of Oz', 1939.Jack Haley as the Tin Man, Ray Bolger as the Scarecrow, Judy Garland as Dorothy and Bert Lahr as the Cowardly Lion in the MGM film 'The Wizard of Oz', 1939

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 24 Nov 2014, 18:10 | Message # 306
Quote robbo ()
On a side-note as we all remember, 'The Wizard of Oz' was mentioned in TSCC in the episode 'Goodbye To All That' (2008) differences between the movie and book are discussed. Sarah and little Marty start reading the 'The Wizard of Oz'.

Yes, among others.
And don't forget the nod in Arrow 2x18 "Deathstroke".

reference to The Wizard of Oz in Arrow 2x18 Deathstroke

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 26 Nov 2014, 11:38 | Message # 307
4 Reasons Fox Is Having a Disastrous Fall (and 3 Possible Fixes), at tv.com

robboDate: Thursday, 27 Nov 2014, 04:18 | Message # 308
# 308  Poor Fox it couldn't of happened to a heartwarming and such a pleasant and kind network my heart bleeds for them or Poor Fox  biggrin How on earth Kevin Reiily got away with it, I wouldn't care he got paid thousands absolutely criminal. He made a massive mistake choosing 'Dollhouse' over 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' that was one awful move he made for Fox. 
Without a shadow of doubt should of at least been given a third season, even if it came to a slightly shorter season three just to give the story a chance to develop further. 
I must admit the Fox Network are absolutely clueless and guess what they have lost the plot!  yes

robboDate: Monday, 01 Dec 2014, 03:38 | Message # 309
10 Best Androids From Sci-Fi Films

5. T-800 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Rewriting Arnold Schwarzenegger's terrifying Terminator as a protagonist sounds on paper like a cynical attempt to cash in on his "action star" fame, and to some extent it was. But who would have thought that the cold emotionless robot works better in that capacity? His appearance in the original 1984 film is brilliant, don't get me wrong, but by recasting him as the hero, director James Cameron puts Schwarzenegger's mechanical speech patterns to their best possible use.

And what exactly is the Terminator franchise's take on the difference between human and android? It's a simple enough answer: tears, The T-800 spends the entire movie (between explosions that is) trying to figure out why this is such a special thing. He becomes almost a bizarre father-figure to young John Connor, and their scenes together could spark a number of discussions on the formation of basic morality. Arnold is so good in this role, he practically transcends his movie star persona, a feat few action stars manage.

Via: WC

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton at the 44th Cannes Film Festival in 1991

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton at the 44th Cannes Film Festival 1991Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton at the 44th Cannes Film Festival 1991

robboDate: Tuesday, 02 Dec 2014, 04:09 | Message # 310
'Walking Dead' Ratings Set Mid-season Finale Record

AMC's The Walking Dead mid-season finale spiked to its biggest ratings ever.

Sunday's hour delivered 14.8 million viewers and an incredible 9.6 adults 18-49 rating. That's up 23 per-cent from last year's winter finale and marks the highest-rated mid-season finale in the show's history.

Overall, TWD is up about 13 per-cent from this point last year - just when you think this show might have peaked, it surprises you once again. Post-show Talking Dead also had its highest-rated mid-season finale, with 6.6 million viewers and 4.2 million adults 18-49.

Via: EW

AMC's 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Premiere at AMC Universal City Walk on October 2, 2014 in Universal City, California

AMC's 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 PremiereAMC's 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 PremiereAMC's 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Premiere
AMC's 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 PremiereAMC's 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 PremiereAMC's 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Premiere

robboDate: Monday, 08 Dec 2014, 03:40 | Message # 311
Top 10 TV Shows of 2014

1. FX's 'Fargo' 

I'd call FX's "Fargo" a gloriously bad idea magnificently realized, so don't thinking this is a formula that can be reproduced. Using none of the characters and only fleeting whisps of the narrative from The Coen Brother's Oscar-winning favorite, Noah Hawley created his own frost-bitten parable of unspeakable evil, the corrosive nature of weakness and greed, the redemptive possibilities of quiet heroism and the visual wonderment of a Blizzard. Character acting gets no better than the performances by Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Oliver Platt, Adam Goldberg, Keith Carradine and a dozen other familiar faces, but it was unknown Chicago theater actress Allison Tolman who grounded this perfectly contained gem of a season. 

This show is one of my all time favorites it was absolutely brilliant. The acting was out of the top drawer and the show was a real gem. Absolute must watch!

Via: HitFix

robboDate: Wednesday, 10 Dec 2014, 04:47 | Message # 312
Breakout Stars Of 2014

Caitriona Balfe

An ex-fashion model and a relative unknown before landing the starring role of Outlander's time-traveling WWII combat nurse Claire Randall, Balfe appears in nearly every scene of the Starz drama based on Diana Gabaldon's best-selling novels, holding court among a clan of 18th-century Scottish warriors. Fan reaction has been so positive that admirers have sent the 35-year-old Balfe-branded tartans and whiskey---though the fantasy has proved a bit too real for some. "I was in Scotland at a restaurant and a lady sort of grabbed me and said, 'What are you doing here?!''' she recalls. Balfe will go back to the past soon enough when Outlander returns in April. "The second half of the season really ramps up; the action is a lot stronger. It's going to be heartbreaking and exciting,"Balfe promises. We trust you, Sassenach.

Enjoying her very much. such a talented actress where on Earth has she been what a find for Outlander.

Via: EW

Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe attend the 'Outlander' series screening at 92nd Street Y on July 28, 2014 in New York City.

Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe attend the 'Outlander' series screening at 92nd Street Y on July 28, 2014 in New York City. Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe attend the 'Outlander' series screening at 92nd Street Y on July 28, 2014 in New York City. Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe attend the 'Outlander' series screening at 92nd Street Y on July 28, 2014 in New York City. Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe attend the 'Outlander' series screening at 92nd Street Y on July 28, 2014 in New York City.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 10 Dec 2014, 13:42 | Message # 313
Quote robbo ()
Enjoying her very much. such a talented actress where on Earth has she been what a find for Outlander.

I look forward to the return of Outlander on Starz in April 2015.

robboDate: Sunday, 14 Dec 2014, 04:47 | Message # 314
Quote chrisdvanne ()
Quote robbo ()

I look forward to the return of Outlander on Starz in April 2015.

I will second that Chris!  I've got a real soft spot for 'Outlander' absolutely love the show much to the anticipation of the cruel wait for spring to arrive. Boy it's been a while since the last episode of 'Outlander'  Still it will be worth the wait I suppose.

robboDate: Sunday, 14 Dec 2014, 05:11 | Message # 315
Sky 1 Picks Up UK Rights To SyFy's Six Hour Miniseries 'Ascension'

SyFy's Ascension is coming to the UK

Sky 1 has closed a deal pick up the exclusive first run UK broadcast rights to the six hour miniseries starring Battlestar Galactica alum Tricia Helfer and Cougar Town's Brian Van Holt, TVWise has learned. Ascension is set to premiere on Sky 1 in January 2015.

Ascension tells the story of the ship of the same name which was part of a covert space mission launched by the US government in 1963 to send hundreds of men, women and children on a century-long voyage to populate a new world. Nearly 50 years into the journey, as they approach the point of no return, a mysterious murder of a young woman causes the ship's population to question the true nature of their mission.

The six hour event series - which is SyFy's first stab at long form since 2009 - was penned by Philip Levens and is being produced by Sea To Sky Productions in association with Blumhouse Productions, while Universal cable Productions and Lionsgate TV are co-financing and will distribute the series. Ascension stars Brandon P. Bell, Brian Van Holt, Tricia Helfer, Tiffany Lonsdale, Andrea Roth, Jacqueline Byers, Nora Bryce and P.J. Boudousque'.

Via: TVWise

Tricia Helfer and Brian Van Holt attend 'Ascension' Press Line during Comic-Con International 2014 at Hilton Bayfront on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California.

Tricia Helfer and Brian Van Holt attend 'Ascension' Press Line during Comic-Con International 2014Tricia Helfer and Brian Van Holt attend 'Ascension' Press Line during Comic-Con International 2014Tricia Helfer and Brian Van Holt attend 'Ascension' Press Line during Comic-Con International 2014

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Page 21 of 33«1219202122233233»
Search: