[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 19 of 33«1217181920213233»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Submit a News or Article
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 15 Sep 2014, 23:56 | Message # 271
Group: Administrators
Has Crackle Cracked the Code For Over-The-Top Content Companies?

The article includes an interview with Jesse Bradford on Crackle's new legal drama "Sequestered".

Has Crackle Cracked the Code For Over-The-Top Content Companies?

“When I first got offered to do this, I asked myself, ‘Do I want to be on the Internet?” said Jesse Bradford (Flags of Our Fathers, Bring It On), a star of Sequestered. “But I’m glad I did. It’s the interesting space right now.”

The show, a courtroom drama about a sequestered jury, also stars Summer Glau (Firefly, Terminator: The Chronicles of Sarah Connor) and Mr. All Media, Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagement, Family Guy). The show also has some online roots: one of the show’s directors is Kevin Tancharoen, whose Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2 online series also won a Streamy Award this past weekend among a raft of nominations.

“I had to get over my own preconceived notion of what is going on in the world,” Bradford said. “TV is becoming movies, the Internet is becoming TV and film is becoming museum pieces that are hard to access.”

The show debuted half its episodes Aug. 5, with the other half coming in October. Because it’s the Internet, Bradford said, “the parameters are really loose. It’s not quite so paint-by-numbers.”

And he had another realization: Crackle’s production crew, “though they were a little young and a little green, had worked together a lot.” The result was the kind of near-telepathic cooperation and efficiency between crew members that Bradford said you might see on the set of a veteran director such as Clint Eastwood or Steven Spielberg, who have worked with many of the same behind-the-camera principals for years. That makes for great efficiency, though budgets still don’t leave a lot of room for dallying.

“What you get are these groups of people who know how to work together,” Bradford said. “How are we (shooting) 20 pages (of script) a day? That’s how.”

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 17 Sep 2014, 16:51 | Message # 272
Business Insider published: The Highest-Paid Actors On TV This Fall

That much?? umnik

robboDate: Thursday, 18 Sep 2014, 00:31 | Message # 273
Group: Friends
# 273  Holy crap?  shok What I wouldn"t get out of bed for those Salary"s absolute peanuts. no seriously they are astronomical unbelievable pay-packets. words can"t describe how on earth they get paid that much amount of money. especially when some of the shows are absolutely rubbish. Great article Chris.

robboDate: Thursday, 18 Sep 2014, 04:17 | Message # 274
Batman: The Complete TV Series Coming To NYCC:

Warner Bros. has announced that a Batman: The Complete Television Series panel will be held at the New York Comic Con.

Adam West will be featured as part of the panel, which takes during a special Thursday, October the 9th panel at New York Comic Con.

Starting at 6:45pm on the Main Stage in the Jacob Javits Covention Center, fans in attendance - and those live-streaming the panel at home - will get an inside sneak peak at all the exclusive content in this long-awaited home entertainment release, as well as dazzling HD remastered footage from the landmark series.

Batman: The Complete TV Series will be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment as a Limited Edition Box Set, and on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD, starting November 11, 2014.

Via: CosmicBookNews

Actors Adam West, left, and Burt Ward dresses as their characters (Zappp!) Batman and (Powww!) Robin, pause during an appearance January 27, 1989 at the 'World of Wheels' custom car show, Sunday in Chicago.The original Batman Adam West stands beside the old Batmobile driven by owner Scott Chinery in Philadelphia, June 27, 1989.

Check out photos from the original 1966 Btaman series !

robboDate: Monday, 29 Sep 2014, 02:01 | Message # 275
"Gotham" Ratings Surge During Week

The first time-shift ratings are in for the opening night of the fall TV season with Fox"s "Gotham" proving a big winner.

In live+3 ratings, which tallies viewers watching a show the night it airs and/or any of the subsequent three following days via DVR, the Batman prequel series jumped 56% and 1.8 points to a 5.0 rating.

That number was the highest rating for the night among adults under 50, beating both "Scorpion" and "The Blacklist" which both rose 44% to 4.6 and 4.9 respectively. Also up considerably were "Sleepy Hollow" which jumped 50% to a 3.0, and "Forever" which went up 41% to a 2.4.

Not sure about "Gotham" I didn"t hate it just more or less in a wait and see mode, I thought maybe possibly too much given to us in a single episode.

Via: TheLiveFeed

Erin Richards and Ben McKenzie attend the GOTHAM Series Premiere event on September 15, 2014 in New York City. Photo by Bryan Bedder/Getty Images for FoxRobin Lord Taylor attends the 'Gotham' Oswald Cobblepot New York City Takeover on September 22, 2014 in New York City. (Photo by Craig Barritt/Getty Images for FoxErin Richards attends the GOTHAM Series Premiere event on September 15, 2014 in New York City. Photo by Bryan Bedder/Getty Images for Fox

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 30 Sep 2014, 13:01 | Message # 276
Quote robbo ()
Not sure about "Gotham" I didn"t hate it just more or less in a wait and see mode, I thought maybe possibly too much given to us in a single episode.

Not impressed either.

robboDate: Thursday, 02 Oct 2014, 03:15 | Message # 277
Fox Yanks "Utopia" From Tuesdays 

Fox is dumping half of Utopia from its schedule. 

The idealistic-sounding series with the hellish ratings is being yanked from Tuesday nights. From now on, Utopia will only air Fridays. The move comes just hours after we predicted this very move in EW"s first canceled shows post. While Utopia is not cancelled, the decision marks a major demotion for the series. 

Fox had a very ambitious plan for Utopia, which was originally announced as a yearlong show. Though the series was originally intended to eventually segue to one night a week, that night was supposed to be the higher-profile Tuesday nights after running for six weeks on the air. Utopia has struggled hugely in the ratings. 

Via: EW

robboDate: Thursday, 09 Oct 2014, 03:15 | Message # 278
Tuesday Ratings: The Flash Is Most-Watched CW Premiere Since 2009

The Flash was The CW"s most-watched premiere since The Vampire Diaries debuted in 2009.

The Arrow spinoff started off with 1.9 (4.79m) on The CW on Tuesday (October 7) at 8pm, before Supernatural hit 1.1 (2.48m) at 9pm.

ABC"s new comedies Selfie and Manhattan Love Story both dropped dramatically to 1.2 (3.99m) at 8pm and 0.9 (3.27m) at 8.30pm, before Marvel"s Agents Of SHIELD slipped one-tenth of a point to 1.7 (4.73m) at 9pm.

Forever was down just a tenth at 10pm on ABC, earning 1.3 (5.35m).

NBC won the key 18-49 demographic on Tuesday with 2.3.

The Voice garnered 2.5 (9.07m) at 8pm, followed by Chicago Fire dipping two-tenths to 2.1 (8.37m) at 10pm.

CBS"s line up saw NCIS match last week"s score of 2.6 (17.27m) at 8pm, NCIS: New Orleans take 2.3 (15.39m) at 9pm, and Person Of  Interest generate 1.6 (9.63m) at 10pm.

New Girl on Fox was up a tenth from last week with 1.4 (2.61m) at 9pm. The Mindy Project took 1.0 (2.19m) at 9.30pm.

Via: DigitalSpy

Grant Gustin of 'The Flash' and Stephen Amell of 'Arrow' attend Comic-Con International 2014 on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California.

Grant Gustin of 'The Flash' and Stephen Amell of 'Arrow' attend Comic-Con International 2014 on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California.Grant Gustin of 'The Flash' attends Comic-Con International 2014 on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California.Grant Gustin of 'The Flash' attends Comic-Con International 2014 on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 09 Oct 2014, 12:19 | Message # 279
Quote robbo ()
The Flash was The CW"s most-watched premiere since The Vampire Diaries debuted in 2009.

The Arrow spinoff started off with 1.9 (4.79m) on The CW on Tuesday (October 7) at 8pm, before Supernatural hit 1.1 (2.48m) at 9pm.

Wow! Huge hit for The CW standards.
One could say The Flash is more interesting than Green Arrow (and more famous) since he actually has super powers. The pilot (I saw the leaked version this Summer) was fun and a welcome break from all the dark gloomy superhero adaptations out there.

Side notes:
1) Marvel's Agents of SHIELD now under CW ratings. Ouch!
2) The pilot was directed by David Nutter, who has done some of the best pilots in decades, including Smallville, Supernatural, and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles or Arrow.

robboDate: Friday, 10 Oct 2014, 04:16 | Message # 280
Ra's Al Ghul Talk, A Third DC-CW Series?

With "The Flash" pulling in big numbers and "Arrow" being the network's most-watched show of the past two years, it comes as no surprise that The CW is looking into the possibility of a third TV series based on a DC Comics property.

CW President Mark Pedowitz tells Buzzfeed: "There are discussions going on, but I can't tell you what they are."

The comment comes from a lengthy piece on the website about the production of the upcoming third season of "Arrow" said piece wraps up with talk about the new season's main villain Ra's al Ghul. Pedowitz confirmed they did approach actor Liam Neeson, who played the role in 2005's "Batman Begins", about a potential reprisal: "We never thought he would. We quickly went to him, just on the off-chance that he had the time to do it."

The role ended up in the hands of Australian actor Matt Nable who delivers a quite different interpretation. Producer Marc Guggenheim says: "What we're trying to do is something a bit more elemental. Presenting a Ra's al Ghul who's a bit more primal. More of a legend and a whisper and something to be feared ."

Hail The CW a force to be reckoned with at the moment. The CW is on a onward and upward curve, good for them.

Via: Buzzfeed

Matt Nable, who will be playing the new season's main villain Ra's al Ghul in Arrow.

Matt Nable arrives at the 3rd Annual AACTA Awards Ceremony at The Star on January 30, 2014 in Sydney, Australia. Matt Nable arrives at the 3rd Annual AACTA Awards Ceremony at The Star on January 30, 2014 in Sydney, Australia.

robboDate: Saturday, 11 Oct 2014, 03:09 | Message # 281
''"Dome," "Extant," "Murder" & More Pickups

It has been a big day for various TV drama series either scoring renewals or full season pick-ups.

First up, CBS has renewed its two major Summer event series "Under The Dome" and "Extant". The recent second season of "Dome" pulled in an average of 9.4 million total viewers and a 2.2 rating per episode, down considerably from the first season (13.1 million viewers/3.3 rating) but still a big performer during the season.

Meanwhile the Halle Berry-led "Extant" has averaged 8.6 million total viewers and a 1.7 rating for its initial season. While both shows are returning, the network's Southern legal soap "Reckless" isn't so lucky and has been axed after pulling in an average of just 4 million total viewers and a 0.6 rating.

Next up, ABC has given full-season commitments to two of its new Fall shows - the mystery thriller "How to Get Away With Murder" and the comedy "Black-ish", "Murder" will score a fifteen-episode run which is the largest number of episodes Viola Davis"schedule allows for. "Black-ish" will score a more standard twenty-two episode run.

Meanwhile, Amazon studios has renewed its transgender-themed freshman comedy "Transparent " for a second season to air in 2015.

Finally, AMC has confirmed that it's ditching its unscripted shows in favor of its scripted dramas. While "Talking Dead" talkshow and Kevin Smith's "Comic Book Men" will contiue all its other unscripted programming in production or development is being discontinued.

This includes the recently renewed "Game of Arms" which will shut down production on its second season effective immediately. Producers will have the option of seeking another home for their unscripted projects with AMC's cooperation.

Via: Deadline

Halle Berry poses in the press room during the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards held at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on August 25, 2014 in Los Angeles, California.

Halle Berry poses in the press room during the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards held at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on August 25, 2014 in Los Angeles, California.Halle Berry poses in the press room during the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards held at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on August 25, 2014 in Los Angeles, California.Halle Berry poses in the press room during the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards held at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on August 25, 2014 in Los Angeles, California.

robboDate: Monday, 13 Oct 2014, 03:08 | Message # 282
Keaton "Very Proud" Of His Batman

Ben Affleck wasn't there, but another Batman was in attendance at this year's New York Comic Con this weekend - Michael Keaton. The actor was on hand to promote his role in "Birdman," the upcoming dark comedy which scored incredible critical reviews during the Fall film festival circuit.

Considering the film is about a struggling actor haunted by a super hero role that made him famous, Keaton certainly has some familiarity with the subject. One big difference to his character though is that he has no bitter feelings towards the iconic superhero role he played in two Tim Burton films - quite the opposite in fact. He tells Screen Rant:

"Having played Batman and being very proud of playing Batman. I never back off that. The idea was bold, interesting, and cool when Tim made it. I didn't really put it together, Edward did [a superhero movie] too. I just go to work.

When I took the original, I was unfamiliar with comic books. I wasn't a comic book reader. [Reading the script he thought], this isn't the way that I see the character but am glad to read it. Then I met Tim the next day, I'm saying [Batman]is this and this, and he was nodding in agreement. So I asked, are they going to make this? Tim said, I don't know. Let's find out.'

Would he ever return to the role? "If it was Tim Burton directing? In a heartbeat."

Keaton will always be in my mind, one of the best Batman's ever, he played the role quite seriously with such great affect. and pulled it off on both occasions.

Via: ScreenRant

Danny DeVito, Michael Keaton, Michelle Pfeiffer and director Tim Burton at World Premiere of 'Batman Returns' at Mann's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California on June 16, 1992Michael Keaton tries the view from behind the camera, during the filming of 'Batman', 1989.

robboDate: Tuesday, 14 Oct 2014, 05:11 | Message # 283
"Walking Dead" Season 5 Premiere Is Show's Highest-Rated Episode Ever

The Walking Dead is very much alive. The show's season 5 premiere marked the series' highest-rated episode ever with 17.3 million viewers, up 7 percent from the previous record-holder, the season 4 premiere.
The show was also up 6 percent in adults aged 18-49 with 11 million viewers. 
Speaking of the season 4 premiere, it now comes in second place for the show with 16.1 total viewers and 10.4 million viewers 18.49. 
It was after seven days of DVR playback that the season 4 premiere became the most highly-rated episode in cable television history, something we'll have to wait and see if the season 5 premiere can top. 

Via: EW

robboDate: Wednesday, 15 Oct 2014, 03:37 | Message # 284
"Gotham" Gets A Full Season Order

Fox has issued a press release confirming they have ordered six additional episodes of its Batman prequel drama series "Gotham" bringing the show's order up to a full network standard 22 episode season.

The U.S. TV network's highest-rated fall drama debut in fourteen years, the show is tied as Monday night's No. 1 drama among Adults 18-49 and is this season's top broadcast drama overall among Men 18-49. 

Its premiere scored a 6.0/18 Live +7 rating, and also "scored the largest post-three-day ratings gain (+0.9) of any broadcast drama, ever" according to the release. The two subsequent episodes have each delivered a 4.0 rating or higher in just the first three days which makes it one of the Top Three dramas overall on broadcast television this season. 

Source: Fox

robboDate: Thursday, 16 Oct 2014, 04:09 | Message # 285
Warners Confirms Its DC Superhero Films

Warner Bros: Chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara used a Time Warner investors meeting earlier today to outline their plans for a film slate based on the superhero comic properties. 

Though the company previously announced a list of untitled projects for specific dates, today they not only confirmed which films would open in which years but also one of the actors who would play key roles - Ezra Miller as The Flash. The studio also finally confirmed stage actor Ray Fisher is playing Cyborg, and Jason Momoa is Aquaman. The full list is as follows:

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice". Directed by Zack Snyder.
"Suicide Squad". Directed by David Ayer

"Wonder Woman". Starring Gal Gadot. 
"Justice League: Part One". Directed by Zack Snyder, Affleck, Cavill and Amy Adams confirmed to be returning in their roles. 

"The Flash". Starring Ezra Miller
"Aquaman". Starring Jason Momoa

"Shazam"
"Justice League Part Two". Directed by Zack Snyder.

"Cyborg." Starring Ray Fisher
"Green Lantern"

Source: Warner Bros. Pictures

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Page 19 of 33«1217181920213233»
Search: