menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Submit a News or Article
chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 03 Apr 2014, 00:35 | Message # 256
Group: Administrators
Bustle.com published an article on Summer Glau today, titled "WHERE DID 'FIREFLY' STAR SUMMER GLAU GO? EVERYTHING YOU NEED BEFORE HER BIG 'ARROW' PREMIERE".

True to its title, the article contains a lot of wrong facts about Summer's career...too many to count.
I don't expect every blogger on Earth to know each detail of her career but the author of the article feigns to like Summer , whereas visibly she has never seen anything with her and didn't know her before she was asked to write an article. tongue

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Sunday, 06 Apr 2014, 05:43 | Message # 257
Group: Friends
Death Watch: Spring Survival Odds

The CW

Supernatural: - Renewed.
Arrow: - Renewed.
The Vampire Diaries: - Renewed.
The Originals: - Renewed.
Reign: - Renewed.
The 100: Still too early to say, but looking pretty good so far.

Now we come to The CW"s five bubble shows, none of which are doing well - not even okay - in the ratings. But the net can"t cancel five dramas between now and the end of the season: it creates too many holes. And there are other factors besides ratings - like streaming popularity, show cost, and ownership. We"re pretty confident Hart of Dixie will return. We"re also pretty confident The Carrie Diaries will not. The three in between we"d rank in the following order, from most to least likely to return: Beauty and the Beast, Star-Crossed and The Tomorrow People.

NBC

The Blacklist: - Renewed.
The Voice: - Definitely.
The Biggest Loser: - Will squeeze into another season.
Chicago Fire: - Renewed.
Chicago PD: Renewed.
Revolution: - Tough call. It"s owned by a rival studio, which doesn"t help. Perhaps a 13-episode season?
Law& Order: - Should coast into another under-the-radar renewal.
Parks and Recreation: - Certainly.
Community: - Probably, though its recent numbers aren"t helping.
The Michael J. Fox Show: - Not Canceled officially.
Sean Saves the World: Cancelled.
Parenthood: - Modestly heroic numbers against strong competition with almost no lead-in. Will definitely return for another generation.
Grimm: - Renewed.
Hannibal: - This could be its last supper (at least, on NBC).
Dracula: - Probably won"t rise again, yet NBC isn"t count-count-counting it out.
Believe: - So far, so not good.
About a Boy: - Definitely.
Growing Up Fisher: Too early still: probably better-than-even-odds.
Crisis: - With that title and those ratings, It"s more like Identity Crisis.

ABC

The Bachelor: More wine and roses.
Dancing with the Stars: - No plans to stop the music for at least one more cycle.
Castle: - Currently enjoying its most-watched season (so yes).
Marvel"s Agents of SHIELD: This one was on the fence for awhile. Now we"re hearing these heroes are going to get rescued.
The Goldbergs: - This 80s comedy shouldn"t go out of style.
Trophy Wife: - Not as likely as Goldbergs, but ABC really likes this one.
The Middle: - The family will stay intact.
Suburgatory: - It"s not a beautiful day in this neighborhood.
Super Fun Night: - Last call.
The Taste: - A big maybe.
Grey"s anatomy: - Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital will stay open.
Modern Family: - Strong as oak.
Scandal: - No shocking twist this season:Fitz and Liv will be back.
Nashville&Revenge: - Considered "DVR hits," Yup, that"s a thing now. Will likely return.
Last Man Standing: - Against the tide because ABC doesn"t own it.
The Neighbors: - With the tide because ABC owns it.
Shark Tank: - Perfect Friday show and all-around utility player and recently hit a record high.
Once Upon A Time: - Storybrooke has more tales to tell.
Once Upon A Time in Wonderland: - Cancelled.
Betrayal: - ABC wants to forget this torrid affair ever happened.
Resurrection: - Off to a good start.
Mind Games: - Cancelled.
Mixology: - Still too soon to call.

Fox

Sleepy Hollow: - Renewed.
Bones: - Renewed.
Glee: - Renewed.
The Simpsons: - Renewed.
MasterChef Junior: - Renewed.
Bob"s Burgers: - Renewed.
Family Guy: - Will return.
The Following: - Renewed.
Almost Human: - While far from a lock, we"re hearing the network is leaning toward booting up robot cop drama for a second season.
Dads: - Dead-ish.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine: - Renewed.
The Mindy Project: - Renewed.
New Girl: - Renewed.
American Idol: - Coming back, despite the dire media headlines - especially with fans not throwing things at their TV"s this cycle and The X Factor gone.
Raising Hope: - Cancelled.
Enlisted: - Unlikely to re-enlist.
American Dad: - Moving to TBS.
Rake: - Get a shovel.
The X Factor: - Cancelled.

CBS

How I Met Your Mother: - Done and Spun.
2 Broke Girls: - Renewed.
Mike & Molly: - Renewed.
Mom: - Renewed.
Hostages: - Nice CBS attempt to break out of its procedural drama grind, but it"s finished Cancelled.
NCIS: - Renewed.
NCIS: LA: - Renewed.
Person Of Interest: - Renewed.
Elementary: - Renewed.
Survivor: - Renewed.
Criminal Minds: - Renewed.
CSI: Renewed.
The Big Bang Theory: - Renewed.
The Millers: - Renewed.
The Crazy Ones: - Weakening in its new 9:30 p.m. slot. Right now, It"s still slightly more likely than not to return.
Two and a Half Men: - Renewed.
Hawaii Five-O: - Renewed.
Blue Bloods: - Renewed.
The Amazing Race: - Renewed.
The Good Wife: - Renewed.
The Mentalist & Intelligence: - Coin flip. Neither are performing well and both are on the bubble. The Mentalist is the older and more expensive of the two and considered just a tad less likely to continue.

Via: EW

robboDate: Wednesday, 23 Apr 2014, 02:21 | Message # 258
Netflix To Increase Subscription Prices For New Subscribers 

Netflix has announced plans to increase its subscription prices for new subscribers. 

The streaming service currently charges customers in the US $7.99 a month for access to movies and TV shows, as well as original series such as House of Cards and Arrested Development. 

The company will increase subscription rates to around $8.99 to $9.99 a month using a model earlier tested in Ireland, which apparently had "little impact" on subscription numbers. 

"Our current view is to do a one or two dollar increase, depending on the country, later this quarter for new members only," CEO Reed Hastings and CFO David Wells wrote in a shareholder letter. 

"Existing members would stay at current pricing for a generous time period."

Netflix has been aggressive in pursuing the creation of original content in recent years. 

Its hit comedy-drama series, Orange is the New Black, is poised for a second season return on June 6. 

Via: DigitalSpy

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 30 Apr 2014, 08:38 | Message # 259
As Almost Human makes its UK debut, Den of Geek look at how the series fits into the sci-fi genre's fascination with robots and AI...

As Almost Human makes its UK debut, Den of Geek look at how the series fits into the sci-fi genre's fascination with robots and AI...

Read this interesting article at: Den of Geek

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 05 May 2014, 10:10 | Message # 260
Since Summer's new thriller will air on digital entertainment platform Crackle, you might want to read this article that mentions Crackle's hit series "Chosen", starring Rose McGowan and Chad Michael Murray.

Link: 6 actors that reinvented themselves online

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 16 May 2014, 09:12 | Message # 261
Whedon dropped by to sign autographs and take pictures with fans waiting in line for the Firefly panel at Comic Con 2012 at 3AM

Link to article: Why Joss Whedon and Firefly fans reigned over Comic-Con 2012.

I have collected pictures in this blog post: Joss Whedon visits its fans waiting in line for the Firefly Reunion

You can watch pictures of Summer and the Firefly cast and crew in the Gallery.

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 28 Jun 2014, 00:57 | Message # 262
Top 10 most devastating TV cancellations.

We run down our 10 most devastating TV cancellations.

First of all it's worth noting that this is a very personal list, and it's OK if you disagree and your favourite cancelled show isn't listed here. Feel free to throw it in the comments and make us feel stupid for forgetting it!

Also worth mentioning that most of the shows we chose didn't make it past 1 season, which excludes shows like Arrested Development, Chuck and Community from appearing here. This is because while they were sad to see cancelled, it's hard to be as devastated when you have a good strong back catalogue of episodes.

And the last thing I wish to add regarding this video is that there were some other shows we really wanted to include, but they just didn't quite make the cut, these honourable mentions are Awake, Jericho, Better Of Ted, Alphas, Party Down, Undeclared, The Good Guys and The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Firefly deservedly gets the top slot.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 01 Jul 2014, 13:41 | Message # 263
I'm very well aware that it is customary in Hollywood to thank the people you have worked with; it happens between showrunners, photographers or makeup artists and the actors they've worked with for example.

Though I have the feeling it's not the case in the interview with make up artist Alexis Miller published at fashion blog IKRUSH on August 21, 2013.
Find below an excerpt from the interview in which Alexis Miller mentions working with Summer Glau [at the Edinburgh IFF on August 22, 2005].

IKRUSH: Who has been the best client?

Alexis Miller: My favourite client has to be an American actress called Summer Glau. I looked after her for a couple of days at the Edinburgh Film Festival a few years back while she did some press junkets. She was great fun and allowed me to create a few different looks for her. There is also something exciting about working with American celebrities, I think it is growing up with all the American movies as a child…it seems magical that I am actually part of that world!

Source: IKRUSH

Summer Glau at the Serenity premiere at the Edinburgh IFF on August 22, 2005

Watch more images of Summer Glau at the Serenity premiere at the Edinburgh IFF on August 22, 2005 in the Gallery.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 10 Jul 2014, 08:24 | Message # 264
Lots of love for Summer Glau and her portayal of Cameron in this article at WIRED...and I mean A LOT!

Best Character to Follow: Cameron, definitely. It might seem like you should follow the show’s namesake character, but Cameron Phillips is unique among Terminators. Her model number is indeterminate, but evidence suggests she was likely a custom job created for maximum effectiveness as an infiltration cyborg (nailed it). Cameron exists for two reasons. The first: Kill John Connor. The second: Protect John Connor. Now, considering Cameron is a robot—sorry, cybernetic organism—with no conscience or emotions, the civil war being fought in her chip over these opposing directives should come down to 1s and 0s, but that makes for super boring television. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s original T-800 was such an effective hero in Terminator 2: Judgment Day because he had enough of the “what if?” factor to get you hooked and make you care. You knew he had no empathy, but that little sentimental part of our human brains wanted to believe his internal super-computer could learn loyalty, and return the love John clearly felt for his best friend by the end of their run.

Glau’s Cameron creates that same engaging ambiguity for viewers, but does it even better. A one-note murder machine just hanging around Team Connor for 31 episodes could have been nothing but dead weight, but instead, Cameron is the one to watch in every scene. Her complex dynamic with Sarah makes for excellently tense confrontations between a human and machine destined never to understand one another. They become a micro representation for the entire conflict of the Terminator canon: intuition versus hyper-rationality, emotion versus intellect, faith versus software. We see the fallout when compromises can’t be reached, and the mutual benefit when they can. And her even-more-complex relationship with John provides some of the most charming and heartfelt moments of the series, which is fascinating considering Cameron neither has a heart nor the capacity to charm.

This is all thanks to Glau, who imbues Cameron with just the right balance of imitation, humanity, and singular commitment to her mission that makes you wonder if John Connor is more than a line or two of code for her. This is the most advanced computer on the planet, after all, can’t she learn to love or something?? OK, fine. We know she’s just a fancy hunk of columbite-tantalite with a shielded nuclear power source, but with each little flirtation and attempt at “connection” Cameron keeps the hope fires burning that her awkward interactions weren’t just born of a primary directive, but of a desire to bond with her charge and creator—and to totally make Jameron a thing. And we can hardly be faulted for losing ourselves in the illusion.

Cameron’s entire existence is dedicated to protecting, counseling, and being next to John Connor. She exits entirely for him, and in return he cares for, teaches, and confides in her. Those in more romantic circles might say that sure looks a lot like love. It takes a lot to put a beating heart inside the breast plate of a Very Scary Robot, but watching Cameron grow (evolve?) one is easily the most rewarding journey to follow on the show.

Read the full article: WIRED Summer Binge-Watching Guide: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Chris7Date: Thursday, 10 Jul 2014, 11:08 | Message # 265
This article took every word of my mouth, GREAT work!

Chris7Date: Thursday, 10 Jul 2014, 16:48 | Message # 266
even Josh Friedman praises it on twitter!  cool

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 01 Aug 2014, 19:28 | Message # 267
The Real Reason Why Joss Whedon Named His Space Western Show Firefly, published at io9.com

Nathan Fillion auditioned unsuccessfully for the part of Angel on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And years later, he had five troubled auditions for the role of Mal on Firefly, before he finally clicked. That's just one of the amazing facts from a new biography of Joss Whedon. Read an exclusive excerpt below.

Joss Whedon: The Biography, written by MTV's Amy Pascale, is chock full of new details about Whedon's life and career, from his veteran screenwriter family to his work on The Avengers and other Marvel films. Plus a lot of new insights into his creative process on things like Toy Story.

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 12 Sep 2014, 13:33 | Message # 268
Quote robbo ()
The 7ft 2in star, who played James Bond villain Jaws in 1977"s The Spy Who Loved Me alongside Roger Moore and in 1979"s Moonraker, passed away on Wednesday (September 10).

He was one of my favorite villain (but was he a villain in Moonraker?) from the James Bond movies.

robboDate: Saturday, 13 Sep 2014, 00:43 | Message # 269
# 269  He didn"t speak a lot but he was a great villain. yes he reprised the role of Jaws in the next film Moonraker. but he gradually became Bond"s ally in the film Moonraker. so I suppose technically he was a goodie from being a baddie in the other film.

robboDate: Monday, 15 Sep 2014, 03:32 | Message # 270
10 Actresses Who Could Don The Cape In The New Supergirl Series

Rumour around the industry these days is that Greg Berlanti and Ali Adler are developing a live-action television show based on the DC Comics character Supergirl. Berlanti is no stranger to the superhero genre -- his resume includes The CW"s Arrow and its spinoff The Flash. He also produced, alongside Adler, the short-lived ABC drama No Ordinary Family.

9/10  Leven Rambin

Rambin is known for her supporting roles in Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Hunger Games, also Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles and most recently The Tomorrow People. Isn"t it time for her to be the star? She may be young, but she"s already a TV veteran. She can"t play the angsty teen forever.

Via: blastr

Leven Rambin attends the after party for the Broadway opening night for 'Of Mice and Men' at The Plaza Hotel on April 16, 2014 in New York City. (Photo by Michael Loccisano/Getty Images)

Leven Rambin attends the after party for the Broadway opening night for 'Of Mice and Men'Leven Rambin attends the after party for the Broadway opening night for 'Of Mice and Men'

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Search: