[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 12 of 33«1210111213143233»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Submit a News or Article
robboDate: Tuesday, 05 Nov 2013, 00:00 | Message # 166
Group: Friends
Hugh Jackman Offered $100 Million Wolverine Deal. Hugh Jackman has reportedly been offered $100 million to star in four more Wolverine movies. The veteran actor has played the claw-wielding superhero a staggering six times on the big screen - including his most recent film "The Wolverine" - and movie studio 20th Century Fox is eager to sign him up for more movies, according to the National Enquirer. However, it is claimed the 44-year-old actor is wary about accepting the offer as he doesn"t want to be locked into a multi-year deal. A source said. "Hugh has a very big decision to make. It"s not every day an actor gets offered this kind of pay check, but Hugh vowed never to lock himself into any multi-picture deals after "X-Men". The Australian actor will reunite with his "X-Men" co-stars once again for blockbuster superhero movie, "X-Men Days Of Future Past", in 2014.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 05 Nov 2013, 00:05 | Message # 167
Group: Administrators
"The Wolverine" (2013)

Production Budget: $120 million

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $132,357,109   32.0%
+ Foreign: $281,200,000   68.0%
= Worldwide: $413,557,109  

This is big money for the studio and for Hugh Jackman. He will accept.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Tuesday, 05 Nov 2013, 00:26 | Message # 168
That is really big money I cant believe Hugh Jackman is even hesitating over the deal, that has been put on the table he must be crazy if he turned down that offer, which obviously like you say Chris He will accept. impressive figures by all means.

robboDate: Tuesday, 05 Nov 2013, 03:13 | Message # 169
Lifetime UK Picks Up "The X-Files" For Daytime Schedule. A+E Networks UK is adding a well known scripted series to the launch schedule of Lifetime UK, which launched tonight at 8pm in bio"s old slot. I"ve learned that the company has picked up The X-Files from twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution for their daytime schedule and will begin airing the series Monday-Friday in the 9am time-slot as of Tuesday November 5th.

robboDate: Wednesday, 06 Nov 2013, 00:49 | Message # 170
"Roots" Remake Miniseries Lined Up At History Channel. An ever sensitive topic though it remains, slavery films in Hollywood have no doubt risen in the last few years in public profile, from "12 Years A Slave" to "Django Unchained" and now the trend has reached TV. History will reboot the iconic "Roots" miniseries as an all-new drama, but who from the original production will have any involvement ? Deadline broke news of History"s latest epic, which follows historical(-ish offerings like "The Bible" "Hatfields & McCoys" and "Vikings" in another step away from the network"s documentary origins. Unlike the original 12-hour 1977 production of "Roots" whose finale drew a staggering 100 million viewers as the series at large drew a record-breaking 37 Emmy nominations, History"s rendition will unfold as an 8-episode miniseries. Additionally, Mark Wolper, son of the original mastermind David L. Wolper, will take on executive producing duties for the new incarnation of "Roots" while History begins negotiations with writers for the project. The original "Roots" author Alex Haley"s "Roots, The Saga Of An American Family" told a story of slavery that began with Kunta Kinte (a pre-"Star Trek" Le Var Burton) in Africa, and travels through history to America for multiple generations to come. The new "Roots" will draw both from the original book and iconic miniseries "from a contemporary perspective" says Deadline. History"s EVP and General Manager Dirk Hoogstra adds, "We would like to revive that cultural icon for a new audience."

robboDate: Friday, 08 Nov 2013, 01:31 | Message # 171
Colton Haynes and New Heights Cover "19 You + Me" by Dan + Shay. The former Teen Wolf and current Arrow star has teamed up with New Heights, a piano pop-rock band led by singer Travis Graham, for an awesome cover of "19 You + Me" by Dan + Shay ! The track is mixed and mastered by Graham, who"s also responsible for putting together this track along with Ally Maki. What"s going on here, Colton ? Is this awesome cover a hint of more music to come, or is this just a pet project for now ? In any case, way to nail it, guys ! cool

robboDate: Tuesday, 12 Nov 2013, 01:41 | Message # 172
Nightwing Headed To "Arrow" ? ! Arrow Not Connected To The Man Of Steel Universe ? With all the buzz surrounding Nightwing in Batman Vs Superman this news story flew under the radar. A couple days ago actor Steve McQueen (CW Alum from The Vampire Diaries ) posted on his official twitter an interesting tweet. He was working out with a Nightwing shirt and tweets "Nightwing Training" then hashtags of all the writers for the show Arrow. A few things to remember is that Bludhaven has been mentioned several times in the Arrow TV Show so a Nightwing character is entirely possible. The main thing is if this was a serious tweet that Steve McQueen is indeed going to play Dick Grayson on Arrow --- The upcoming Batman Vs Superman (Man of Steel 2) universe won"t be connected to the Arrow universe --- which some of us wished it was. This is in no way confirming anything --- For all we know he was just campaigning for the role and tagged all the Arrow writers telling them he wants to play Nightwing. With no confirmation from the shows producers ---- the idea of Arrow connected to Man Of Steel is still possible! Arrow is on every Wednesday night on The CW

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 12 Nov 2013, 10:12 | Message # 173
Quote robbo ()
For all we know he was just campaigning for the role and tagged all the Arrow writers telling them he wants to play Nightwing.

I'm waiting to see the photo of Summer Glau dressed up as Wonder Woman leak online  biggrin

dylangillianDate: Tuesday, 12 Nov 2013, 16:13 | Message # 174
Quote chrisdvanne ()
I'm waiting to see the photo of Summer Glau dressed up as Wonder Woman leak online

well you're not alone on that.   wink

knowledge is power.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 15 Nov 2013, 10:53 | Message # 175
Who was the sexiest couple on last night's Arrow?, published at io9.

Who was the sexiest couple on last night's Arrow?

Here's an excerpt from the article:

Next up the list are Ollie and Isabel Rochev. They're having some fun in Russia. See, Lyla Michaels, the ARGUS agent, disappeared into a Russian gulag while trying to get into a prison that houses Deadshot. Dig is going after her, and Ollie is helping by, at a critical time, blowing up some corrupt guards and providing a ride home. Isabel tags along because she thinks Ollie is heading to Russia for some nefarious business purpose. She finds out he's not when he fails to show up for their one and only Russian business meeting. Isabel and Ollie spend some time drinking and talking about loneliness in Russian. And if you don't believe that Russian is sexy, please allow John Cleese to convince you.

How can you say no to a Python? In any case, Ollie and Isabel run off to do the waist-high tarantella. They earn their position on my list because, before they start, Ollie remembers Dig's escape plan and its precise timing and says, "I . . . don't have a lot of time." And Isabel responds immediately with, "I'll be quick."

Verdict - funny sexy.

Source: io9

robboDate: Saturday, 16 Nov 2013, 00:48 | Message # 176
US TV Shows To Get Excited About In 2014 - with our British TV schedules clogged up by karaoke singing, celebrities dancing and Z-listers eating bugs in the jungle, It"s come to the time of year where we desperately look to the US for something to save us from reality TV overload. 1. "Mob City" Starting in the US next month on TNT and coming to the UK in 2014 on Fox UK, this gangster drama immediately caught our attention when we saw The Walking Dead duo Frank Darabont and Jon Bernthal teaming up. Neal McDonough, Milo Ventimiglia and Alexa Davalos also star in the series, which follows the ruthless wars between the LA Police Department and Mickey Cohen (Jeremy Luke), a boxer turned crime boss. This six-part drama could be very, very special. 2, "True Detective" Hype can sometimes kill a show before It"s even started, but for once this HBO drama looks like it can live up to the huge amounts of anticipation. Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson will lead the cast as two detectives, Rust Cohle and Martin Hart, who take on a 17-year hunt for a Louisiana serial killer. Sky Atlantic have the UK rights. It won"t be easy viewing, but the trailers already have us totally hooked. Maybe there is life after Breaking Bad after all. 3, "Penny Dreadful" If you haven"t already read our Week In Geek blog explaining why this is a show to get seriously excited about, we suggest you check it out. Josh Hartnett, Billie Piper, Eva Green and Timothy "Bleeding Heck It"s James Bond" Dalton are all cast in this Victorian Gothic thriller featuring horror icons such as Frankenstein"s monster and Dorian Grey. It also comes from the reliable hands of SKyfall duo Sam Mendes and John Logan. It will be on Showtime in the US and on Sky Atlantic in the UK.

robboDate: Sunday, 17 Nov 2013, 02:46 | Message # 177
A Look Ahead Summer 2014. " Old news or not, I had a look in the crystal ball and found some must sees for me, "Halle Berry" in Extant on CBS. Steven Spielberg is producing! Berry will be portraying a returning astronaut. A Steven Bochco production, Murder In The First (TNT). We will follow one case through a ten episodes run. "Killer Woman" (ABC) starring Tricia Helfer as Texas Ranger Molly Parker. Hmm Interesting shows.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 19 Nov 2013, 11:24 | Message # 178
Why we love androids on TV, by Neil Drumming - SUNDAY, NOV 17, 2013

TSCC Posters and Wallpapers

The article contains insightful comments from The Sarah Connor Chronicles's screenwriter Zack Stentz

I actually preferred the approach we took on “The Sarah Connor Chronicles” under the guidance of show creator Josh Friedman, which was to treat the robot/android characters as true alien intelligences, who process information and look at the world in truly different ways due to the fact that they were built artificially and not by three and a half billion years of biological evolution. You’re still exploring the human condition with those characters, but more by way of contrast. Can a being that was built and not grown ever “feel” emotions? And if they do, are those emotions like ours, or something fundamentally different?

Link: salon.com

robboDate: Monday, 25 Nov 2013, 05:20 | Message # 179
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Scores $307.7 Million Global Opening. Lionsgate"s The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has ignited the global box office with its opening weekend as the Jennifer Lawrence-headlined sequel amassed a huge $307.7 million haul around the globe, including a $161.1 million domestic weekend - a record for November openings, and the fourth biggest debut of all-time behind The Avengers ( $207.4 million ), Iron Man 3 ( $174.1 million ) and Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows - Part 2 ( $169.2 million ).

robboDate: Thursday, 28 Nov 2013, 04:48 | Message # 180
Edgar Wright"s " Ant-Man " No Longer Shooting In The UK. Marvel Studios" Ant-Man will no longer shoot in the UK. Writer/director Edgar Wright has revealed that Pinewood Studios is too full to accommodate his long-awaited production. "Ironically, Ant-Man was meant to shoot in London, but London is full because I guess that Pinewood extension got turned down," he told Screen Daily. "While the tax break is good for Hollywood films shooting here, It"s probably not that great for British films shooting in the UK. "Some middle-to-low budget films are going to find themselves without crew because all the American films are shooting here." Pinewood"s application to add 15 new studios was rejected by the local council in May. Wright has promised that Ant-Man will surprise people. The film is yet to announce any castings, but Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd are believed to be in the running for the lead role starring alongside Rashida Jones. Ant-Man will be released on July 31, 2015.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Page 12 of 33«1210111213143233»
Search: