To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

TSCC fanfictions
By The1Russter

obsessed with Summer
By diya123working

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 321233132»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Submit a News or Article
Date: Wednesday, 2011 Nov 09, 10:37 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

As everyone knows, the Summer Glau Wiki is enhanced by the members contributions, which can take several forms, like comments on news or blog posts, messages on the forum, creating threads or creating blog entries or even editing Wiki Pages.

The Wiki is updated on someones free time so that it's impossible to monitor in real time everything that is published about Summer Glau. But you can contribute to the development of the Summer Glau Wiki by submiting news or articles, seen on the net or on magazines for example. Members have done it in the past but there was no real place to submit, hence the creation of this thread.

It may be not important enough to make a news post but it can be the starting point for a forum thread or give an idea for one. Don't hesitate to report every article mentioning Summer Glau, even if she's not at the center of the article. If for some reason you don't want to report in this thread, you can PM me if you like.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Nov 09, 19:25 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

Alright I have an interesting article from the Woman's Health Magazine website. I found it under wikipedia's sources on their Summer Glau page.

The thing that is interesting is that it reveals and I will quote
she took an assertiveness training course to get over the intense shyness that had plagued her since childhood. "I think that's why I liked dancing," she says. "It was a way for me to communicate and show how I really felt without having to con­nect with anyone."

I have never heard from any other source, whether interviews of Summer or articles, about the fact that she took assertiveness training. It also shows how difficult it must have been to switch to acting.

Article

The title of the article is completely misleading.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 2011 Nov 09, 21:13

Date: Thursday, 2011 Nov 10, 01:11 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

Funny thing is that i read this interview a few days ago while searching for a larger version of the accompagnying photo of Summer Glau.

BTW, when i invited you to submit an article mentioning Summer Glau (not necessarily entirely dedicated to her), i meant a NEW article, not an article dating back to 2008. Thanks anyway!

I have written an article about Summer's courage and determination when she decided to become an actress : Why i have faith in Summer Glau.

Date: Thursday, 2011 Nov 10, 01:21 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

when i invited you to submit an article mentioning Summer Glau (not necessarily entirely dedicated to her), i meant a NEW article, not an article dating back to 2008.

I thought this might be the case. I only mention this article because of the fact that it mentioned she took an assertiveness class once she made the decision to go into Hollywood. I have never seen this mentioned anywhere on the wiki or for that matter anywhere, but the article I mentioned. So I thought it might be relevant regardless of the age. Perhaps everyone was aware of it already? I do not know.

I have read your article and I share the exact same thoughts. The assertiveness class just really drives home (and her comment about dancing) that she really shy (not that it is not obvious from interviews).

Date: Thursday, 2011 Nov 10, 02:27 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

Quote (FordStaff)
I have never seen this mentioned anywhere on the wiki or for that matter anywhere, but the article I mentioned.

Neither did i!

Date: Thursday, 2011 Nov 10, 04:05 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

Neither did i!

Oh good. That is why I mention this article here. It does not seem like something anybody knows, at least no one has mentioned it in the numerous threads I have read even when the topic is Summer's shyness (and this would certainly be very relevant to such a discussion) . I wonder if this is ever mentioned in any other articles or interviews. Perhaps it's something Summer likes to keep on the down low.

Message edited by FordStaff - Thursday, 2011 Nov 10, 05:03

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Nov 15, 23:44 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

@Summerglauwiki We interviewed @frankranz about Dollhouse, @josswhedon & kissing Summer Glau. Check out his dish: tinyurl.com/7w6hnqh

One need to live in the usa to watch the video because Hulu has an IP region policy

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 2011 Nov 16, 01:32

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Nov 16, 00:25 GMT | Message # 8

Site Admin

I have not been able to find an american proxy that works yet anyone able to watch this? what is it about?

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Nov 16, 01:16 GMT | Message # 9

Site Admin

Youtube version (no IP blocking)

Source : The Morning After. A smart, funny, daily shot of #PopCulture — only on @Hulu.

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 2011 Nov 16, 01:19

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Nov 16, 01:19 GMT | Message # 10

Friends

One need to be in usa to watch the video

I am in the USA and cannot watch it.

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Nov 16, 01:21 GMT | Message # 11

Site Admin

Quote (FordStaff)

I could with an US IP.

But can you see the Youtube video i uploaded?

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 2011 Nov 16, 01:22

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Nov 16, 01:46 GMT | Message # 12

Friends

Quote (FordStaff)

That figures. I hate when they play these stupid games with region blocks.

Everybody is able to circumvent them anyways and when they make a mistake even their supported region can't see the videos the normal way.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Nov 16, 01:55 GMT | Message # 13

Site Admin

Quote (michelangelo)
I could with an US IP.

GJ thank you I tried using several US IP and still got the region blocking message.

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Nov 16, 01:59 GMT | Message # 14

Friends

But can you see the Youtube video i uploaded?

Now I can see them both, sorry wacko .

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Nov 16, 02:07 GMT | Message # 15

Site Admin

Our good friend Fox012 uploaded a HD version (a few seconds are missing at the end) :

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Submit a News or Article
Page 1 of 321233132»
Search: